• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Now that my guild is finally back from Christmas and we finally got around to getting in some real attempts on ICC with our regular d00ds, my thought on the dungeon so far:

The only thing preventing this from being a 1 hour dungeon is the trash mobs (which, predictably, can usually just be AoE spammed down like every other Wrath trash mob). :lol

I don't know about ICC25 if that's what you're speaking about, but ICC10 first wing is doable in just under an hour. We killed Saurfang on Monday with about 1 minute to spare on our flasks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FLEABttn said:
I don't know about ICC25 if that's what you're speaking about, but ICC10 first wing is doable in just under an hour. We killed Saurfang on Monday with about 1 minute to spare on our flasks.
It seems like our group spent a lot of time clearing easy pointless trash mobs for lolrep.

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
It seems like our group spent a lot of time clearing easy pointless trash mobs for lolrep.

Ahh, I think there's a pack or two we intentionally skip. Quick runs though, it'll just improve over time. Our first clear took us about 3.5-4 hours (lots of wipes, nobody really read up on the strats or watched any videos, just sort of heard the gist of things, wrong strat on Saurfang for a long time, not understanding how the rocketpaks work at all until like the 3rd attempt). Second clear was 1:20 with two wipes. Third clear was 0:59 with no wipes.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
I'm the only enhancement shaman in the guild, thats why I was recruited because they were desperate. They slightly outgear me though since I have yet to pick up an ICC piece yet, but I've noticed that even if I play exactly as EJ tells me to, a well played rogue/hunter/mage/warlock/dps DK/feral druid will always beat me.

Oh. Well yeah. Our enhancement shaman is very well geared but never in the top 10 in damage on fights. I don't have access to any damage parses or anything but his name is :

Miania - Stonemaul US

He is never in danger of being kicked I don't think even though he never cracks top 10 in damage. Limitations of the class / spec I'm guessing.

Angry Grimace said:
The only thing preventing this from being a 1 hour dungeon is the trash mobs (which, predictably, can usually just be AoE spammed down like every other Wrath trash mob). :lol

You can skip quite a lot of the early trash I think but nobody does because of the rep. I actually quite like that though, right now they aren't boring enough to be annoying and once everyone is exalted we can skip a few packs.

I've been thinking about the gating and reputation recently. It's actually worked out pretty well because everyone who is doing ICC at the moment will be honoured by the time the second wing opens, which means they can scale the difficulty to the craftable gear that people can make at honoured, not just T9 and the drops in the first wing. So I'm hoping that means the next wing ramps up the difficulty quite a bit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To be fair, if you kicked out whoever was in 15th just for being in 15th you'd always have to replace one person :lol

Just be competetive with everyone else. If you're 1000+ below everyone else in comparable gear, you have a problem. If you're 1000 under everyone else and your gear is a full tier under theirs, well, it's not.

Weenerz

Banned
Well, the issue with shaman dps in general is they take a huge hit because they have bloodlust/heroism. All of the other hybrid classes are better damage dealers than us for that specific reason. If shaman didn't have heroism/bloodlust, their damage numbers would quite a bit higher.

Angry Grimace

Puncture said:
Is it those saronite things? Im almost certain that my 25m last week had one drop in the chest on the ship battle. I remember hearing the guild that was leading the run state something about the saronite going to the guild since they sponsored the run, but all other loot of course was open roll (a common rule on the pugs on my server).
I think he's referring to Saronite Gargoyle Cloak.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, don't necessarily care about your dps as much as your damage done and effective time.

Being alive longer and more consistent in your damage makes you more important than those bursty mages and the like on almost any fight.

J-Rzez

Metroidvania said:
Woops, meant to say Shadowmourne.

True, I'll see Edge eventually, but I'm not one for farming gold, and 25 primordial saronite, even with alts, especially with tier costing obscene amounts of emblems for what's available to get them from now, means it'll be quite a while, and that's not even counting the other two getting shadowmourne in the first place, lol.

Yeah, it's a real heartbreaker. Especially since I'm in a strict 10-man guild. I may pug here and there, but not nearly often enough to get the shards. Plus I'm sure they'll all be "on reserve".

Angry Grimace said:
I think he's referring to Saronite Gargoyle Cloak.

Yeah, part of it was the cloak, the other about the shards needed for Shadowmourne. Kinda bummed that I won't get to see it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tell your GM your own words, specifically "but I've noticed that even if I play exactly as EJ tells me to, a well played rogue/hunter/mage/warlock/dps DK/feral druid will always beat me."

If he can't recognise the fact that you carrying Bloodlust/Heroism is a catch-22 for Shaman, then he has a mental problem.

markot

Banned
Arent enhancement shamans mainly for the buffs and stuff they give a group with their melee >.>? Its why they dont take many of em.

J-Rzez

funkmastergeneral said:
Did 6800 dps on 25 Jarraxus and was still 13th DPS. I think these guys are just good. I got berated by the GM though :(

Tell him to diaf, l2p, or eat a bag of dicks. It's just the class itself. Your Blood Lust is much appreciated, as well as other buffs. Plus nearly 7k dps isn't nothing to be ashamed of anyways.

markot

Banned
I seem to wipe on Heroic pits of saron with the first boss >.<

No one seems to understand the fight... and I cant heal through all the dmg, people run about all crazily and I cant use chain heal...

Tamanon

Banned
If you're a non-DK hybrid, and somebody complains that you're *only* doing 6.8k dps, then try not putting out totems and see how much your raid dps gets lowered.

Cipherr

Yeah I dont care who you are running with, unless your in IC gear from 10 and 25 man and HToC 25 man gear, pulling 6.8k as a shaman on Jaraxx is just freaking fine. Pure should be higher, but not a melee shaman, thats damn good.

Bullshit for him to berate you, especially comparing you to mages and shit on that fight that spellsteal buffs and do 13k, that shits a gimmick and you just cant compare hybrids to that.

In other news Im going to have an heartattack trying to juggle my 2pc tier 9 vs the 2pc t10. I need to have 2 and 2 of both before I move into the eventual 4pc t10 down the road, but trying to find which pieces to keep of the t9 is a pain in the ass.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
markot said:

No one seems to understand the fight... and I cant heal through all the dmg, people run about all crazily and I cant use chain heal...

In my groups if I see this I just say to stay behind the rocks till Garfrost comes back so they don't eat the debuff. If they still insist on running out and getting smashed while giving me line of sight issues, I'll just let them die. Thankfully I've been running randoms with RL friends more often now so I don't need to worry about this for now. =)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
funkmastergeneral said:
Did 6800 dps on 25 Jarraxus and was still 13th DPS. I think these guys are just good. I got berated by the GM though :(

To echo others, 6800 as Enhance is fine, especially for all the melee buffs you bring to everyone else.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
reinstalling wow.

what patch is the wotlk disc?

Edit: It looks like I only need [3.x.x---> 3.2.0],[3.2.0 &#8594; 3.3.0] and [3.3.0 &#8594; 3.3.0a]?

J-Rzez said:
Tell him to diaf, l2p, or eat a bag of dicks.
Well said!:lol

In other news, I finally replaced Embrace of the Spider with Reign of the Unliving. I've been so desperate to get rid of that trinket, but the choices have been limited. My other trinket is Illustration of the Dragon Soul. I can't believe how many poor quality caster trinkets exist from ilevel 200 up to ilevel 258. I guess part of it is bad luck on drops too.

For some reason my guild is determined to down heroic 25m anub and it's like banging heads. We always seem to have lot of new faces each attempt and getting to phase 3 is a disaster. We have really good healers, but they don't even get a chance to practice phase 3 since we usually dont' transition cleanly or get there at all. We now have 4 pallys that consistently make raids, which is really helping with the BoP's. I'm ready for ToGC to diaf.

Angry Grimace

I'm sure some other meleers will disagree, but frankly, the Saurfang fight is boring as fucking shit for melee. Perhaps Blizzard should have put something else for melee to do in that fight other than spam their full DPS rotations for 5 minutes.

Just read about Re-Forging in Cataclysm over at MMO-Champion. Does anyone know if you can only re-forge your own stuff? As it is a Blacksmith can re-forge plate, leatherworkers can re-forge leather, tailors can re-forge cloth, etc, but can you only do your own stuff? If so, if you don't have the profession that provides your type of gear, it won't really help you.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:

I did around 10k as a mutilate rogue on Jarraxxus 25 ToGC Tuesday so 6800 as a true hybrid dps (yeah DK's ... you're not hybrids) should be quite fine.

Bregor

IIRC, the re-forging wasn't by type of armor, but by slot. I.E. Blacksmiths can get perhaps shoulders while Tailors can get perhaps capes.

Entropia

No One Remembers
markot said:

How are you playing WoW?! Oh right, you stole your B.Net account back. Friggin Aussie!

My 10 man group finally got Insanity again, and I got the caster cloak, woot! RIP Deathchill Cloak.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
He was on a rogue alt, giving anyone crap who wasn't above his DPS, despite the fact that rogue DPS is a bit over the top right now.
So what exactly did he say to you?

funkmastergeneral said:
He was on a rogue alt, giving anyone crap who wasn't above his DPS, despite the fact that rogue DPS is a bit over the top right now.
Bail out. Don't associate with people that take the game that seriously, especially when your output would be considered excellent by anyone else.

Angry Grimace said:
So what exactly did he say to you?

I just joined the guild last week, and something along the lines of "If trial members aren't beating an alt (well geared rogue) in DPS on fights then you better be watching your backs when cuts come around next week"

I love the fact that this guild gets shit down super fast, and can actually do ToGC 25 bosses. It's a totally different culture from my last guild where sometimes the GM wouldn't show up for a week and we wouldn't do anything. The GM is ex-military so everything is very orderely, raids start right on time and end right on time. But man, it's hard dealing with dicks.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
I just joined the guild last week, and something along the lines of "If trial members aren't beating an alt (well geared rogue) in DPS on fights then you better be watching your backs when cuts come around next week"

I love the fact that this guild gets shit down super fast, and can actually do ToGC 25 bosses. It's a totally different culture from my last guild where sometimes the GM wouldn't show up for a week and we wouldn't do anything. The GM is ex-military so everything is very orderely, raids start right on time and end right on time. But man, it's hard dealing with dicks.
Sounds like a colossal asshole. Why would anyone put up with that kind of nonsense...it's a damn video game.

Are you quite sure it's not Laughtrey?

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
Sounds like a colossal asshole. Why would anyone put up with that kind of nonsense...it's a damn video game.

Are you quite sure it's not Laughtrey?
I don't really know all the details about what's going on around here but that did make me laugh a little.

Yaweee

PUG TOG25 this week was led by some asshole saying "You have to be above XXXX dps or you aren't getting loot."

Guess who didn't purge, interrupt, or lay totems for the melee during that raid?

border

At this point I think the game would be way better if Blizzard found a way to permanently break Recount.....or at least made it so that only you could see your numbers.....or gave you an option to hide your numbers.

People talk about GearScore killing WoW but I think Recount does far more damage. In general it seems WoW is becoming more and more elitist.

I was on a PUG VoA25 raid a while back where the RL stated that if we wipe, the bottom 5 DPS get booted. Of course there was protest from the raid (since when is it only the DPS fault if we wipe). Fortunately we didn't wipe so I have no idea if he'd do it(probably would).

I've sometimes seen the lowest DPS'ers get made fun of in a raid but it's always some vastly under geared person who probably has no business being there. RLs who invite people with low gearscores to fill spots shouldn't be complaining about their DPS. Do they really expect someone in mostly blues to top the meters ?

My guild is very laid back so I never hear that stuff in our raids nor would I stick around if I did. My moonkin puts out 5-6k on average so it's not like anyone has reason to complain anyway.

Epix

My whole take on the Recount thing is that it's a useful tool that has its place. And just like any other tool it's only as useful as the people using it. If a RL doesn't understand that certain fight mechanics will cause certain specs to excel then that's the RL's problem and not the tool's problem. Recount just reports the numbers. It's up to the people using it to interpret the data appropriately.

Angry Grimace

Epix said:
I don't really know all the details about what's going on around here but that did make me laugh a little.
(Dude who shows up randomly every ~3 to 5 pages to whine and argue about how much everyone he doesn't play with sucks, especially gaffers who aren't even on his server. Talks similarly to trade chat.)

joelseph said:
As a fulltime Disc priest I feel your pain on Recount. You just have to be a bigger elitist back!

There is an addon to recount called Recount Guessed Absorbs that will give a fairly accurate number of absorbs taken by Power Word: Shield and Divine Aegis (it will also count Sacred Shields and such).

"Yo dawg, I herd u like shielding, so we put an addon in your addon so you can recount while you recount."

border

Angry Grimace said:
(Dude who shows up randomly every ~3 to 5 pages to whine and argue about how much everyone he doesn't play with sucks, especially gaffers who aren't even on his server. Talks similarly to trade chat.)

How have you managed to make so many enemies in this thread? :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just resubscribed after many many months.

What should I do for gear?
-I'm in mostly in pre-raid ilevel200 gear. I guess I grind heroics for emblems for one?

I hope darkmoon greatness and mirror of truth trinks are still good for DK dps. I spent a long time grinding them.

What should I do for money?
-I have 200 gold. My professions are 450 mining/450 skinning. Prior to freezing my account doing dailies and grinding ore was like living paycheck to paycheck. I'd do it for a few hours so I could get gems and enchants. Then I'm back down to double digits.

JWong

Banned
I got my authenticator. 8)

I had a password change notification when I didn't change my password, so I freaked out and ordered one right away. I was also getting dced pretty often, most likely someone trying to log into my account.

Nasty trojans.

Xabora

JWong said:
I got my authenticator. 8)

I had a password change notification when I didn't change my password, so I freaked out and ordered one right away. I was also getting dced pretty often, most likely someone trying to log into my account.

Nasty trojans.
Adblocker for all WoW sites, no script for any wow site or mmo site YOU DO NOT TRUST.
DON'T BUY GOLD!!!!

Dang... >_>

DeathNote said:
Just resubscribed after many many months.

What should I do for gear?
-I'm in mostly in pre-raid ilevel200 gear. I guess I grind heroics for emblems for one?

I hope darkmoon greatness and mirror of truth trinks are still good for DK dps. I spent a long time grinding them.

What should I do for money?
-I have 200 gold. My professions are 450 mining/450 skinning. Prior to freezing my account doing dailies and grinding ore was like living paycheck to paycheck. I'd do it for a few hours so I could get gems and enchants. Then I'm back down to double digits.

Joining the new random LFG system for dungeons will gear you up relatively fast (with emblems) and give you gold for each one you complete. If that doesn't interest you at least try to get into some groups for the new ICC 5-mans. Heroic mode for that will give you ilevel 232 gear, while non-heroics (which you can chain repeat if you're looking for something specific), drops 219. You could also probably get into a weekly raid quest group, depending on how accepting your server is for pugging such content.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
letsbereasonable said:
Joining the new random LFG system for dungeons will gear you up relatively fast (with emblems) and give you gold for each one you complete. If that doesn't interest you at least try to get into some groups for the new ICC 5-mans. Heroic mode for that will give you ilevel 232 gear, while non-heroics (which you can chain repeat if you're looking for something specific), drops 219. You could also probably get into a weekly raid quest group, depending on how accepting your server is for pugging such content.
Thanks.

DK's:
I can't remember all my DK build/dps resources. I remember this one tho: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-unholy_dps_3_3_everything_you_want/ Is it still the best website?

I have 3 80's and none of them have epic flying :lol

I really need to farm more and sell (herbs or mining). I'm awful at making money in the game :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom