• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
border said:
How have you managed to make so many enemies in this thread? :lol
Well that one in particular just happens to be an annoying asshole who never helps anyone with anything and just complains about petty shit all the time.

As for everyone else? Foe Yay.

WoW is a game that has a bad reputation as having a terrible community because it's most vocal fans tend to be annoying assholes that complain about petty shit all the time and think the game should only exist for themselves and however they happen to play the game.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
KernelPanic said:
I have 3 80's and none of them have epic flying :lol

I really need to farm more and sell (herbs or mining). I'm awful at making money in the game :lol
I'm awful at it too, even though I've been playing since vanilla. My friends boyfriend started playing late TBC days and early WOTLK days. He never raided but he made a shit ton of money some how.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Thanks.

DK's:
I can't remember all my DK build/dps resources. I remember this one tho: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-unholy_dps_3_3_everything_you_want/ Is it still the best website?
Elitist Jerks DK section has very helpful OPs for all three specs, and another for tanks, all updated very often. Do not try to post on EJ :lol

Unholy: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-unholy_dps_3_3_everything_you_want/

Frost: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t83319-frost_dps_3_3_frozen_blows/

Blood: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-blood_simple_consolidated_blood_dk_dps_guide/

If you haven't played in a while, you will note that Frost is a dual wielding (slow weapons) spec now, you cannot use 2H in Frost and be competitive.

Unholy plays similarly to how it did in 3.0.8-3.2.2 except that there is no longer a glyph to keep your diseases rolling indefinitely.

Blood hasn't changed much at all since 3.0.8 other than Heart Strike does less damage to it's secondary target.

It looks right now like Unholy and Frost are beating Blood fairly handily in single target DPS (unholy rapes face in AoE against other 2 specs, Unholy is probably the best AoE spec in the game), although Blood does very competetive, if not higher single target if you have enough Armor Penetration.

Blood brings the Trueshot Aura (10% AP) buff, Unholy has (AoE) 13% magic + increased disease damage and Frost has the windfury melee haste buff.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Elitist Jerks DK section has very helpful OPs for all three specs, and another for tanks, all updated very often. Do not try to post on EJ :lol

Unholy: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-unholy_dps_3_3_everything_you_want/

Frost: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t83319-frost_dps_3_3_frozen_blows/

Blood: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-blood_simple_consolidated_blood_dk_dps_guide/

If you haven't played in a while, you will note that Frost is a dual wielding (slow weapons) spec now, you cannot use 2H in Frost and be competitive.

Unholy plays similarly to how it did in 3.0.8-3.2.2 except that there is no longer a glyph to keep your diseases rolling indefinitely.

Blood hasn't changed much at all since 3.0.8 other than Heart Strike does less damage to it's secondary target.

It looks right now like Unholy and Frost are beating Blood fairly handily in single target DPS (unholy rapes face in AoE against other 2 specs, Unholy is probably the best AoE spec in the game), although Blood does very competetive, if not higher single target if you have enough Armor Penetration.

Blood brings the Trueshot Aura (10% AP) buff, Unholy has (AoE) 13% magic + increased disease damage and Frost has the windfury melee haste buff.
Whoa, thanks for all the info.

Wasn't planning on registering. :lol

Can you change specs out of battle inside an instance?

Looks like I should do multiple target unholy in certain scenarios, and single target in others. I have a titansteel destroyer, so I'm not going to dual wield.

DeathNote said:
I'm awful at it too, even though I've been playing since vanilla. My friends boyfriend started playing late TBC days and early WOTLK days. He never raided but he made a shit ton of money some how.

I've been playing since vanilla as well. I generally hate farming in the game and prefer to just 'play'.

Some of it is just my stupidity. Up until recently I've been buying epic gems on the AH instead of using emblems or honor (exchange stone keeper's shards for honor) to get 'em :lol

My Paladin has become my official alt now, he's a tanking machine. Tanking on my bear is just an exercise in frustration for more than 2 mobs. I've gotten into nasty fights in groups and I'm at the point where I'm sick of it.

I'm tempted to dual-spec my druid resto instead of feral maybe a PvP build since I like healing in BGs (not in groups/raids).

Wrekt

DeathNote said:

Looks like I should do multiple target unholy in certain scenarios, and single target in others. I have a titansteel destroyer, so I'm not going to dual wield.
You can change specs inside of instances.

You can replace that Titansteel Destroyer with at least 5 other 2 handers inside the various new dungeons (if you include ToC).

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:

Unholy's single target is higher than Bloods in most scenario. Realistically, Unholy is better for everything unless you just prefer the playstyle of one over the other.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Unholy's single target is higher than Bloods in most scenario. Realistically, Unholy is better for everything unless you just prefer the playstyle of one over the other.
Yeah I'm got that impression. Blood was fun, but I need the dps increase at this point. I liked unholy too anyway,

What are some good DK mods?

And what mod is this?
2e4bwvk.jpg

LunarSphere?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
For the first time ever, I was considering buying gold for primordial saronites. What the hell is wrong with me? : /
I bought some gold in vanilla. I figured multiple hours farming was more wasteful of my time than using the money I made after a few hours of working with friends at a grocery store.

Nowadays I hear gold is easy to get(even tho I suck at it), key loggers, viruses, bannings.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
For the first time ever, I was considering buying gold for primordial saronites. What the hell is wrong with me? : /
I don't know.

Bryntroll is better than Shadow's Edge anyways.

Akim

Banned
I run one random heroic on my alt, and I get Utgarde Pinnacle. Blue Proto-Drake drops and I win. I don't even have epic flying on that character. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Kyoufu

J-Rzez said:

I dumped 50k gold into them, and I have a bryntroll. Hopefully I can get the quest chain completed all the way til Shadowmourne ;(

Angry Grimace said:
Well that one in particular just happens to be an annoying asshole who never helps anyone with anything and just complains about petty shit all the time.

As for everyone else? Foe Yay.
What I got from this link is that you have a whole mess of hate fucking on the way you lucky dog. Although in my mind I see Grimace and Summer Glau going at it which is disturbing and hot in equal measures.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Kyoufu said:
I dumped 50k gold into them, and I have a bryntroll. Hopefully I can get the quest chain completed all the way til Shadowmourne ;(
Damn dawg. Wanna give my gold making tips?

This is what I have to work with: 100gold total, 450 skinning, 450 mining, (387 tailoring- priest alt I really don't want to touch.)

VaLiancY

Akim said:
I run one random heroic on my alt, and I get Utgarde Pinnacle. Blue Proto-Drake drops and I win. I don't even have epic flying on that character. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

1256187549273.jpg

I have so much hate right now. I've yet to see that shit drop yet.:lol

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Kyoufu said:

I honestly expect Bryntroll to be nerfed any second.

It's just too good, completely nullifies every other two-hander, and drops off the first boss.

The best shit dropping off the first boss is a little much for me.

And Angry Grimace is always right even when he's wrong, and has about 50 people disagree with him every day but still thinks everyone else is an idiot. That's why I have him on ignore, people who spread their perceptions as inaccurate facts and such don't deserve the time of day.

Akim

Banned
VaLiancY said:
I have so much hate right now. I've yet to see that shit drop yet.:lol

I wanted it on my main!

and I don't think Bryntroll is that great for non ret pallys. The stat loss is kinda significant, and the proc usually only makes up about 4% of my damage as an arms warrior.

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
I don't know.

Bryntroll is better than Shadow's Edge anyways.
Say waht homes? At least for me (ret paladin) Shadow's Edge is about 25dps higher given the reported 11.2% proc rate of Bryntoll.

Cipherr

Guild recruiters are getting aggressive as hell.

A matter of time I guess, after raiding around pugging Ive gotten to know some of them well, and they are pressing me hard every freaking raid to join up. Very reluctant to let go of this great thing I have going now though. Play when I want to, still cruising through all of the content weekly. No schedule whatsoever, If I wanna run the runs on Sat, I queue up and get snagged for a full clear, and if I want to do it during the week it works the same way.

No fucking ball and chain makes WoW fun again.

J-Rzez

Bryntroll will get nerfed hard and fast. Why? People in PVP, both BG's and Arena are complaining about it to no end. We all know how that ends up. Look no further than what happened to ScS within hours basically lol.

I won't buy gold though, can't get myself to that level. Only have around 15k on me now though, sucks.

Angry Grimace

LAUGHTREY said:

It's just too good, completely nullifies every other two-hander, and drops off the first boss.

And Angry Grimace is always right even when he's wrong, and has about 50 people disagree with him every day but still thinks everyone else is an idiot. That's why I have him on ignore, people who spread their perceptions as inaccurate facts and such don't deserve the time of day.
Tell us how good your raids are. Never gets old.
jim-jam bongs said:
What I got from this link is that you have a whole mess of hate fucking on the way you lucky dog. Although in my mind I see Grimace and Summer Glau going at it which is disturbing and hot in equal measures.
I can't help it that some people are just rude, annoying assholes that can't hold a discussion without aggression.

And is it the four armed Grimace or the two?

grimace.jpg

Epix said:
Say waht homes? At least for me (ret paladin) Shadow's Edge is about 25dps higher given the reported 11.2% proc rate of Bryntoll.
Well Bryntroll is overpowered and better than Shadow's Edge simply because it's proc rate is too high.

And besides, do you really think 25 DPS is a significant figure to invest 25 Primordial Saronites into? I don't, unless you are actually going to get Shadowmourne.

Akim said:
I wanted it on my main!

and I don't think Bryntroll is that great for non ret pallys. The stat loss is kinda significant, and the proc usually only makes up about 4% of my damage as an arms warrior.

4% of your overall damage from that proc seems like it's more than those stats could be though. Don't forget that that's 4% from the proc alone, not just the strength and weapon dps.

Xabora

LAUGHTREY said:

Noteable Posts
oqm44x.gif

RE: Bryntroll vs. Shadow's Edge (Post #1716)

With the newest version of the sim, and using all of the raid damage buffs (now that I know exactly which talents affect the proc), I got a dps:AP value of 0.57:1 from the sim and 6.66 PPM (249.7 dps base, + 13% (CoE) + 15% (BP) + 10% (Blood Gorged) + 3% (Ferocious Inspiration) = 367.7 dps), giving me a net EP value for the 264 version of 645.1 EP in my current gear (which admittedly has a rather larger than normal amount of haste rating, 471).

With that EP value, 264 Bryntroll gains a total EP (using the weights in my sim, as blood, so not sure how applicable it is here) of 4769.44, while Shadow's Edge has a total EP of 4712.18. Even assuming a generalized EP scale, Bryntroll and Shadow's Edge are still neck and neck.

The proc does anywhere from 50k - 70k damage in a fight depending on the classes ability to scale spell based damage, and haste to affect the procrate.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Noteable Posts
oqm44x.gif
That post is virtually unreadable. :lol (unless you're a math major)

Bah the only thing I need for Merrymaker is the snowman outfit, and they haven't sent it yet ><

Tamanon

Banned
Well, if Bryn'Toll is competitive purely from a theorycrafting standpoint and edged ahead, that would make it more effective in any fight where melee wasn't just hammering on a boss for 5 minutes like Saurfang, just because of the procs-per-minute working with dps downtime.

Also, death knights in particular can benefit from it because of their method for increasing spell damage.

border

Would it still be possible to do the Merrymaker Achievement if I'm just now getting started? Or does it have some aspect of it that takes several days?

I mean to do the Christmas crap, but it always looks so boring :lol

Angry Grimace

border said:
Would it still be possible to do the Merrymaker Achievement if I'm just now getting started? Or does it have some aspect of it that takes several days?

I mean to do the Christmas crap, but it always looks so boring :lol
No (probably).

You need at least 24 hours to get the snowmen delivered, and I don't know if they will actually deliver by then.

You also need 10 snowflakes and 10 mistletoe, which you can only get 5 an hour, at random.

Everything else can be done in a couple hours.

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
And besides, do you really think 25 DPS is a significant figure to invest 25 Primordial Saronites into? I don't, unless you are actually going to get Shadowmourne.
I do because:

a) it's higher dps
b) it gets me on the path to shadowmourne
c) gets me a new 2h weapon without spending any dkp

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Akim said:

A man after my own heart. This happened to me. A week later, I got my epic flying. Kind of put my ass in gear once I saw that sexy, sexy drop (that I won).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, reading to how dickish a lot of RLs are on other servers, it makes me glad I'm on a low pop server now. If you're an asshole on Alleria, the other 7 horde players won't talk to you anymore, and you'll never get anything done. :p

I've really starting to enjoy tanking, having been doing that of late on my DK (I needed a break from healing on my priest). I do find I move around a bit too much sometimes only because I'm trying to get used to AoE tanking, looking around for adds, and lining up howling blast. I can only imagine the terrible things a rogue in a recent pug of mine must have been muttering while I was doing this. :lol

Macattk15

Mr Nash said:
Man, reading to how dickish a lot of RLs are on other servers, it makes me glad I'm on a low pop server now. If you're an asshole on Alleria, the other 7 horde players won't talk to you anymore, and you'll never get anything done. :p

I've really starting to enjoy tanking, having been doing that of late on my DK (I needed a break from healing on my priest). I do find I move around a bit too much sometimes only because I'm trying to get used to AoE tanking, looking around for adds, and lining up howling blast. I can only imagine the terrible things a rogue in a recent pug of mine must have been muttering while I was doing this. :lol

You guys got it all easy.

Listen to my raid leader on a failed Insanity attempt because a rogue fucked up his tricks of the trade macro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5mcOUu2Wfc

It's quite pathetic but everyone just laughs at it!

Moussi

Puncture said:
Guild recruiters are getting aggressive as hell.

A matter of time I guess, after raiding around pugging Ive gotten to know some of them well, and they are pressing me hard every freaking raid to join up. Very reluctant to let go of this great thing I have going now though. Play when I want to, still cruising through all of the content weekly. No schedule whatsoever, If I wanna run the runs on Sat, I queue up and get snagged for a full clear, and if I want to do it during the week it works the same way.

No fucking ball and chain makes WoW fun again.
This is what made me quit WoW. I was in a hardcore raiding Guild we were one of the top horde guilds on Lightning's Blade. Raid times were 4 times a week 8-11pm. Thing that made me go crazy is that some days I didnt feel like raiding and sat through 3 hours of hell. If I wasn't there my guild would be furious. Drove me insane. Quit WoW.

Now I'm thinking of coming back due to the new LFG system. However Im thinking of pvp since I can kinda do it whenever I want.

Angry Grimace

Epix said:
I do because:

a) it's higher dps
b) it gets me on the path to shadowmourne
c) gets me a new 2h weapon without spending any dkp
If you're getting Shadowmourne, the point is moot since Shadow's Edge is just an in-between weapon.

I was only saying that it's not worth it if you were getting Shadow's Edge without intending to get Shadowmourne.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Macattk15 said:
You guys got it all easy.

Listen to my raid leader on a failed Insanity attempt because a rogue fucked up his tricks of the trade macro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5mcOUu2Wfc

It's quite pathetic but everyone just laughs at it!

You let a teenager be your raid leader?

Have some respect.

Xabora said:
Noteable Posts
oqm44x.gif

The proc does anywhere from 50k - 70k damage in a fight depending on the classes ability to scale spell based damage, and haste to affect the procrate.

I didn't say it was bad. I agreed. But why put the best (save Shadowmourne) 2 hander or any weapon on the first boss? I can't remember any good weapons dropping from the first boss in any other raid.

LAUGHTREY said:
You let a teenager be your raid leader?

Have some respect.

I didn't say it was bad. I agreed. But why put the best (save Shadowmourne) 2 hander or any weapon on the first boss? I can't remember any good weapons dropping from the first boss in any other raid.

Flame Leviathan 25 dropped a pretty nice tanking weapon, but I understand your disgust with the fact that the first (pretty easy as well) boss drops such a wonderful weapon.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
Flame Leviathan 25 dropped a pretty nice tanking weapon, but I understand your disgust with the fact that the first (pretty easy as well) boss drops such a wonderful weapon.
It probably will get nerfed though. Blizzard says it's cool now, just because they think the mechanic is interesting. It is, but it shouldn't be so obvious that it's way cooler than every other weapon in game.

Blizzard said:
Bryntroll damage too high? - Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiter
Because we removed the passive stats to add the procs to some weapons in Icecrown we were a little more generous with what they could do to keep them interesting/fun even if a lot of players felt they would be terrible without the passive stats. The Nibelung staff can proc a lot of Val’kyr so this isn't a Bryntroll/melee specific topic.

Just to avoid surprises, procs like this are the kind of thing you will likely see a lot more of in order for gear to not to feel so predictable and boring from tier to tier.

As far as the PvP concerns, the classes that can use this weapon were already quite popular so we are keeping an eye on things and see if any noticeable impact happens on them.

[...] You are kind of mixing two different things together. Yes, it can be harder to eyeball and item's value with procs like this, but this is only one item slot (sure, two for those titan gripping folk) and pretty unlikely to be something that will be put on a character from head to toe. The "eyeball" of an item's worth also isn't intended to cut down every item to being a system of +1 to your previous item or anything like that, we still want decisions to be made.

The goal is to make them a little more fun and interesting and while players will figure out which one(s) are best, hopefully the interest in the proc alone will be a bit of a factor in the item. I know personally if I can spawn some random val'kyr, I'll take a small dps loss, heh.

The problem of course is that he's basing his support of the procs on the idea that it's a small DPS loss, not a large DPS gain :lol The procs ARE fun though. You can't deny it's a lot more fun to summon a bunch of angry Val'kyr than to get 77 Armor Penetration or what-not.

Kyoufu

DeathNote said:
Damn dawg. Wanna give my gold making tips?

This is what I have to work with: 100gold total, 450 skinning, 450 mining, (387 tailoring- priest alt I really don't want to touch.)

My gold came from selling Crusader Orbs when they were pricey and doing WG on 3 alts every week for honor which in turn can be handed in for epic gems.

I also have an alchemist transmutation spec alt and a tailor for cloth cooldowns.

Not sure what I would do with your professions tbh lol. You could mine a lot but I've never mined before so I have no idea how good it is for money making.

Macattk15

Mr Nash said:
I hope this person isn't still your RL. That's just sad.

He's the raid leader, he's the main tank, he's one of the best players in the guild haha.

No one cares that he throws temper tantrums.

Angry Grimace

Kyoufu said:
My gold came from selling Crusader Orbs when they were pricey and doing WG on 3 alts every week for honor which in turn can be handed in for epic gems.

I also have an alchemist transmutation spec alt and a tailor for cloth cooldowns.

Not sure what I would do with your professions tbh lol. You could mine a lot but I've never mined before so I have no idea how good it is for money making.
I personally don't think it's all that great for money. Alchemy makes the cash for me. Mining is very competetive, and thus slow to do, and while you get Titansteel cooldowns, you have to actually get the mats to make it.

Had my first in-raid rage fest last night. We usually breeze through ICC 10, but last night we were stuck on Saurfang. Our resto druid went boomkin for the fight, leaving us with a resto shaman and holy pally healing. After a couple wipes - people dying like clockwork after the second Mark (always with boss with around 20% or so health) - I realized the holy pally's gear was barely enchanted and not gemmed.

I casually brought it up, then after our third stupid wipe I check the healing numbers and notice he's at 70% overheal. So I finally say enough's enough, this dude shouldn't be here. Guild leader doesn't respond. We wipe again and I finally explode, complaining about the favortism and grudges that keep certain people out of raids (we had another healer ready to replace the pally, and it was a perfect situation since he didn't plan on going to the saturday group raid...but the guild leader doesn't like him..) and our raid/guild leader explodes in the middle of an attempt and leaves. Which is pretty fucking unprofessional behavior for a guild leader. Meh

We discussed the situation earlier today, but I'm still not happy. It seems like the guild has gotten pretty damn arrogant recently, and the guild leader lets that environment fester by yelling at people and essentially blacklisting certain players, not inviting them to groups, taking worse players just to make a point.

Angry Grimace

PhoenixDark said:
Had my first in-raid rage fest last night. We usually breeze through ICC 10, but last night we were stuck on Saurfang. Our resto druid went boomkin for the fight, leaving us with a resto shaman and holy pally healing. After a couple wipes - people dying like clockwork after the second Mark (always with boss with around 20% or so health) - I realized the holy pally's gear was barely enchanted and not gemmed.

I casually brought it up, then after our third stupid wipe I check the healing numbers and notice he's at 70% overheal. So I finally say enough's enough, this dude shouldn't be here. Guild leader doesn't respond. We wipe again and I finally explode, complaining about the favortism and grudges that keep certain people out of raids (we had another healer ready to replace the pally, and it was a perfect situation since he didn't plan on going to the saturday group raid...but the guild leader doesn't like him..) and our raid/guild leader explodes in the middle of an attempt and leaves. Which is pretty fucking unprofessional behavior for a guild leader. Meh

We discussed the situation earlier today, but I'm still not happy. It seems like the guild has gotten pretty damn arrogant recently, and the guild leader lets that environment fester by yelling at people and essentially blacklisting certain players, not inviting them to groups, taking worse players just to make a point.
Was he running out of mana?
I'm not sure overheal is necessarily relevant unless he's running out of mana...what would be more relevant is if he was assigned to keep marked players alive and he's not bothering to cast Beacon of Light or something. We have the exact same healing setup and we just have our Paladin spamming whatever spell it is he's spamming (presumably HL) and beacon the other mark since the damage is so constant and predictable and have our shaman keep the tanks up since Saurfang himself never really does particularly amazing damage to tanks. Maybe he's just healing targets completely at random :lol ?

As for your guild, if you don't like the guild leader, you probably don't like the guild. It's a pretty easy rule in guild selection that if the guy running it is an asshole who doesn't listen to anything you say, you probably won't enjoy the guild. I'm also not sure I understand the point of blacklisting players...why are they in the guild then?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah sounds like a weird guild leader. If he has personal vendettas towards people then obviously he doesn't have the balls to harden the fuck up and state it outright. I suppose he's too chicken shit about it because he knows that once he spews whatever nonsense out of his mouth about his "morals" towards other players then the guild will fall apart.

Seems to me that he is dancing on thin ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom