• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyone bored? Care to critique my talent tree so far for my Arms Warrior? Currently, my partner and I are doing a Razorfen Downs run and some SM runs for gear before speeding on our way to level 60+. I just wanted to make sure I'm doing pretty well on my talent picks. At 40, I was going to add in more on point into Trauma and then pick up Mortal Strike.

Any tips or tricks to share? :D

Epix

Any verification that the Rotface and Festergut Acidic Blood quest items can be looted by more than one person?

Yaweee

January 19th confirmed for the third wing of ICC. I'm guessing S8 and the final three bosses (and the new VOA boss) will release simultaneously on Feb. 2nd.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kintaro said:
Anyone bored? Care to critique my talent tree so far for my Arms Warrior? Currently, my partner and I are doing a Razorfen Downs run and some SM runs for gear before speeding on our way to level 60+. I just wanted to make sure I'm doing pretty well on my talent picks. At 40, I was going to add in more on point into Trauma and then pick up Mortal Strike.

I would personally recommend getting Mortal Strike the second you can get it.

Xabora

Epix said:
Any verification that the Rotface and Festergut Acidic Blood quest items can be looted by more than one person?
On the PTR, only those on the quest could loot it, see it, touch it, smell it.
Which is going to be a headache for lootmasters.

Epix

Xabora said:
On the PTR, only those on the quest could loot it, see it, touch it, smell it.
Which is going to be a headache for lootmasters.
I read that but are they similar to the Keepers Sigils from Ulduar in that only people with the quest could see them but everyone on the quest could loot one.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Hey guys, remember when people were crying about not seeing Arthas until April or May?
We'll find something else to cry about. Personally I was mostly concerned about limited attempts on final bosses in each wing, but considering the size of the place it's probably a nice way to keep psychotic raid-leaders from keeping everyone up all night for "just one more try".

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Angry Grimace said:
I would personally recommend getting Mortal Strike the second you can get it.

Rock on. I'm enjoying Arms Warrior. First time really diving into the spec. All revenge, all the time so far. So awesome.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
jim-jam bongs said:
We'll find something else to cry about. Personally I was mostly concerned about limited attempts on final bosses in each wing, but considering the size of the place it's probably a nice way to keep psychotic raid-leaders from keeping everyone up all night for "just one more try".
At least in Ulduar, you could just walk past Iron Council, Ignis and Razorscale (the only one we consistently did this on was Ignis) if you wanted more attempts on a certain boss.

Yaweee

jim-jam bongs said:

Yeah, I don't mind it either. It's gotta be somewhat nice to say "We tried our best, now we're done with it for the week. Maybe next time." By the time Arthas comes out, you'll have 20 attempts, and increasing regularly beyond that.

Angry Grimace

Yaweee said:
Yeah, I don't mind it either. It's gotta be somewhat nice to say "We tried our best, now we're done with it for the week. Maybe next time." By the time Arthas comes out, you'll have 20 attempts, and increasing regularly beyond that.
The attempts are shared across the four encounters though. It really depends on how hard Arthas is.

Angry Grimace said:
The attempts are shared across the four encounters though. It really depends on how hard Arthas is.

Pfft he couldn't even kill a girl wearing a skimpy dress in Halls of Reflection. Although the Jaina model is by far the largest human female model in the game so maybe that was a factor.

Macattk15

Yeah. PUG's will never be able to do Rotface. Fun fight though.

Dropped some nice ass healing mace.

PUG's might not make it past Stinky haha.

Festergut hits DAMN hard too on 25 man.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So my whole server wasn't able to play with other servers using the Dungeon Finder today. No Cross Realm LFG at all. Doesn't matter if i play Horde or Alliance, or if i'm lvl 80 or 30, the people i've been playing with were always from my server in the ~6 runs i've done so far.

Gotta love this damn bug, makes low lvl instances almost as much as a pain as it was before 3.3

Tamanon

Banned
Guild 10-man went in today again, with a brand new tank that was undergeared since our regular tank was out tonight. Not a good time, took about a dozen tries on just Marrowgar. Cleared up to Saurfang before calling it a night until Thursday's run.

ultron87

*rages at people who are fucking terrible at phase 3 of Malygos*

This really makes me want to transfer to a friend's server to get a guild instead of constantly rolling solo.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Macattk15 said:
Yeah. PUG's will never be able to do Rotface. Fun fight though.

Dropped some nice ass healing mace.

PUG's might not make it past Stinky haha.

Festergut hits DAMN hard too on 25 man.

I'll say, he tore through our warrior tank like paper, 2 30k hits in about two seconds on the third inhale.

J-Rzez

No cloak again. :(

Didn't have enough time to drop festergut, people had to leave, got him to 11% though our top DPS wasn't there. Going to finish it on Sunday.

That trash is hilarious in there though. Pugs be damned for a while until people are over geared.

Metroidvania said:
I'll say, he tore through our warrior tank like paper, 2 30k hits in about two seconds on the third inhale.
Fark. Well I'm glad it's not my job to keep our MT alive
especially since he's a durid D:

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
J-Rzez said:

Didn't have enough time to drop festergut, people had to leave, got him to 11% though our top DPS wasn't there. Going to finish it on Sunday.

That trash is hilarious in there though. Pugs be damned for a while until people are over geared.

This makes me so glad that our stable of 15 core people are starting to raid on the regular now... trying ICC with PUGs was already making my brain hurt.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:

Out of curiousity, how high is your top DPS in a 10s group?

Blizzard said:
Players can now send a whisper to a player from another realm that is currently in their party.

A bunch of dudes are about to get bombarded by my RankWatch addon :lol :lol :lol :lol

Festergut is really easy as long as your DPS is decent. We had more trouble with the trash pulls (yes, stand in the doorway so we get both dogs). Rotface was a challenge, though. Got him down right at the end of the raid.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
Out of curiousity, how high is your top DPS in a 10s group?

Depends on the fight and who's there for what buffs really I guess. We don't upload our numbers or anything, I'd have to log back in and check them out, or I'll get back to you on another raid day (hopefully Sunday). It's usually between myself (Unholy) and an Arcane mage to top the meters.

We didn't know if festergut was glitched or what, but it seemed 90% of the time myself and a tank got the spores. So I'd have to peel off and get to ranged a lot, sucks. :lol

My guild got through Festergut and rotface tonight, but didn't have enough time to try Professor Putricide. One guild on the server that made it to putricide, said that it was bugged. They were only able to use one abomination instead of three. So they stopped trying. They didn't want to waste anymore attempts.

J-Rzez said:
We didn't know if festergut was glitched or what, but it seemed 90% of the time myself and a tank got the spores. So I'd have to peel off and get to ranged a lot, sucks. :lol
On our very first attempt, all three spores were on the melee and the tank. Not sure why.

joelseph

Didn't get to Festergut until late, saw the fight a few times and called it. Man he hits like a truck, first time we have had to 3 heal something in a while. Going to get him down but sure was a wakeup call for us healers.

Yaweee

joelseph said:
Didn't get to Festergut until late, saw the fight a few times and called it. Man he hits like a truck, first time we have had to 3 heal something in a while. Going to get him down but sure was a wakeup call for us healers.

He also requires two tanks due to a new debuff that wasn't on the PTR.

The Rotface fight changed so the oozes that spawn can't be taunted off, making whoever has one chasing them run to the big ooze to make it get absorbed.

hobart

But it did seem as if the Big Ooze was tauntable and able to be kited. Minor switch to strategies, IMO. Just an extra step needed in keeping that first mutated person close to the OT until a second person gets mutated. A little extra healing, a little extra coordination.

The 10m Damage on the fight did not seem very significant. I think we got away with a few VERY sloppy pulls... one of which was a kill pull. Looking forward to cleaning it up in the coming weeks. 25m happens tonight.

joelseph said:

Yea, me and our OT were getting rocked hard last night. I popped all my CDs on the third inhale and while I lived a bit longer, I still died painful deaths. We called it after the trash respawned

The trash produced some pretty funny fights though. Like starting Stinky only to get ambushed by an army of mobs out of nowhere lol.

Fularu

Banned
Kintaro said:

The spec (as I see it right now) is perfect. But don't worry too much about yoru leveling spec, it hardly makes a difference

Edit : we cleared the new wing in 10 man, saved putricide for a lag free night in 25 man (1.5 sec instant casts lag on Mal'ganis yesterday.. wooooo).

Macattk15

Yeah we noticed we couldn't have more than one abomination as well on Putricide ... but we kept trying. We finally stopped when the server lag was just causing us to waste attempts. We only have 5 left now .... but we were still making progress.

We got Saurfang down last night but we called it before getting to a new boss. We just had too much BS going on at the start of the raid. It was all because of the extra 15 people who show up out of nowhere when new content is available and the people who are there every night and get sat when those people come back. What a headache. I do not envy our raid leaders. We started at 11 and got to Morrowgar at 12.

We did get to Festergut in a 10 after the 25 man but, we didn't kill him. The tanks were getting destroyed on the third inhale and when we finally got through that one, the healers went oom and everybody dropped.

hobart

Oni Link 666 said:
We got Saurfang down last night but we called it before getting to a new boss. We just had too much BS going on at the start of the raid. It was all because of the extra 15 people who show up out of nowhere when new content is available and the people who are there every night and get sat when those people come back. What a headache. I do not envy our raid leaders. We started at 11 and got to Morrowgar at 12.

We did get to Festergut in a 10 after the 25 man but, we didn't kill him. The tanks were getting destroyed on the third inhale and when we finally got through that one, the healers went oom and everybody dropped.

Haha. I feel you bro. I've got a ton of magically returning people in my guild as well. I'm a little more harsh on them tho. I like to reward those that stuck with me as we were wiping on HM beasts because we only had 21 in the raid to pull. ;)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Got to Rotface last night on 25 man. We got him to about 70% before he the big ooze did its explosion thing which basically fucked us.

I'm going in tonight with my 10 man group which I think will yield better results.

FLEABttn

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
It was all because of the extra 15 people who show up out of nowhere when new content is available and the people who are there every night and get sat when those people come back.

This is a good way to kill a guild. Wonder why your guild leadership thinks it's a good idea to reward bad behavior and a bad idea to reward good behavior.

FLEABttn said:
This is a good way to kill a guild. Wonder why your guild leadership thinks it's a good idea to reward bad behavior and a bad idea to reward good behavior.

Not to put words in Oni's mouth but there are a lot of reasons that might happen. For one thing, maybe the people who had super high attendance for ToC burned out and have been slow to return to the game over the holidays. Maybe the people turning up so far are the b-team and this is making clearing the content more difficult than it needs to be (which could also mean later content ends up being out-of-bounds if you keep rewarding those people).

I agree with your general sentiment though; it does seem kind of backwards.

Angry Grimace

jim-jam bongs said:
Not to put words in Oni's mouth but there are a lot of reasons that might happen. For one thing, maybe the people who had super high attendance for ToC burned out and have been slow to return to the game over the holidays. Maybe the people turning up so far are the b-team and this is making clearing the content more difficult than it needs to be (which could also mean later content ends up being out-of-bounds if you keep rewarding those people).

I agree with your general sentiment though; it does seem kind of backwards.
We have a druid that just goes OOM on every encounter no matter what it is. It's fine when you one shot everything anyways, but it's probably not going to be okay very soon. If basically any other heals druid came back, I'd be happy :lol

cubicle47b said:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22418852670&sid=1&pageNo=6

Apparently it's not bugged, you're supposed to use only on Abomination on 25 man too. We do our 10 mans on Thursday so I guess we'll get experience then and come back to 25 on Monday and use our attempts before TotGC or Yogg 0.
Yeah. I just saw that. Haven't looked at anything all day. Tonight, I assume my guild will go ahead and get in some attempts. We'll see how it goes.

Yaweee

Door2Dawn said:
So I'm looking for a new raiding guild, the one I am currently in hasn't been able to run anything due to no one logging on.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Blackguarde

I guess I'm looking for a more casual raiding guild going by my gear. Anyone know what should I should replace or change?

You're good enough for the first wing of ICC10 (and maybe 25), which should give some good gear, as well as TOGC10, TOC10/25, and Ony 10/25. All of those get pugged on my server, but I don't know how yours is.

For replacements:
-Check what Crusader Orb 245 craftables there are for your class. They're pretty good, and usually cost between 1.5k and 4k. I think there's a chest for you, which is one of your weaker slots.
-VOA 25 could give you the 245 Gloves/Pants, so make sure you're running that once a week.
-The Frost Emblem Belts (60) are 264 and really good. It's a toss up whether to go for those or set pieces, depending on your class' bonus.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, I saw that i could copy a premade over to a PTR. I'm assuming the servers are live so I downloaded the client. I come back an hour later... 10-12gb, wtf is this? Why did it stop using the data already installed by the live client?

Angry Grimace

Door2Dawn said:
So I'm looking for a new raiding guild, the one I am currently in hasn't been able to run anything due to no one logging on.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Blackguarde

I guess I'm looking for a more casual raiding guild going by my gear. Anyone know what should I should replace or change?

I would add:

1. You need to respec. You have the spec mostly correct, but you can't omit Wandering Plague or Bone Armor, especially not with the Bone Armor duration being back to 5 min. Remove the point from Runic Power Mastery, and until you start getting T10 bonuses to give Scourge Strike more oomph, Reaping is not worth the points invested into it. Remove the points from Desecration. It's a waste of points; the 2 points removed from that need to go into Dirge.

2. A better option for your chestpiece is to just take the 232 T9 chest, because the DPS gain from 4 pc. is still extremely powerful. It's not as powerful as it was in 3.2 but it is absolutely still worth it. The Titanium Razorplate has more stats, but the T9 bonus is still very powerful for Unholy.

3. The Frost emblem belt actually isn't very good at all. It's bugged at the moment and is underbudgeted. T10 is probably a significantly better investment, as you can fill your last slot and only break 4 pc. when you get T10 2 pc (T10 2 pc. is worse than 4 pc. T9, but the stat difference will make up most of that).

4. You are almost 100 over the hit cap, but you are still gemmed for hit. Replace hit gems with Strength gems.

5. It's possible the Armory just isn't showing it, but your bracers, boots, gloves and cloak aren't enchanted.

6. If you're planning to run ICC-10, be aware it's completely overbudgeted with Expertise, and you'll overcap very quickly if you aren't careful.

7. Sigil of the Hanged Man is underwhelming, but you already have it and it's a minor upgrade to Sigil of Virulence. If you can still return it (i.e. you bought it within 2 game hours ago), I'd get Virulence instead, since I prefer it in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom