• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

Ewww... those quest items for the Shadow's Edge portion of the quest are single loots only? Meaning only one person get it? That seriously-totally blows. Sucks to not be in a 25man guild, getting shit on again by Blizz. Only chance I have is to pug in with another guild, which I'm sure will give that shit up to their guildies first (normal i think). So I'm going to throw in the towel on that part of the quest even as well. Sucks...

Any of you guys crunch the numbers yet on T9 -> T10. Would a 2pc T10 / 2pc T9 yield me a DPS boost or loss without the T9 4set bonus? Keep in mind, I'm using plain-jane T9 atm.

Cipherr

Upgraded from the Ilvl 251 bow from deathwhisper to the (now fixed) Zod's repeating longbow tonight. At the expense of the only other hunter in the run who rolled a 87, I got a 91 just after him. Wayyyyy lucky, the guy had a Sirens cry he said he had been trying to upgrade from Ulduar since t8, felt bad for him, he kept asking me to sell it on up through Saurfang but there is just no way....

I think with the next wing Ill have to start PUG'ing only with guilds for the time being that are filling slots, recommended dps for one of the bosses in the next wing is 6.5k per dps. Should be easily attainable for people geared to do ICC25 but Im not going to pretend that I havent seen some folks at 4k and such so far these last few weeks. Might be a while before the average dps on the server is able to sustain whats needed for the next wing. But no worries, got 3 different guilds that like, and let me run with them to fill a ranged spot so Ill just get in where I fit in until then.

Still not trying to commit to any set in stone raiding schedule atm.

Oh and the nerf to deathwhisper was pretty substantial, her mana shield goes down so fast now, and the adds are much less of a pain.

Yaweee

Took about 2.5 hours to enter the instance, clear trash, wipe a bunch against Festergut, kill respawned trash, and finally down him. We did it with 2 heals, one of which was undergeared, with me helping during the last phase (after three inhales) as an elemental shaman.

Rotface seems a lot easier. People just have to be on top of running out of the group to merge the slimes; like Festergut, his health drops pretty quickly and there's not any excessive downtime where the whole group stops DPSing.

We're generally undergeared for the fights, but we'll do better in coming weeks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nibelung got buffed.

The val’kyrs spawned by the Nibelung staff will now always hit with their smite attack and their damage has been increased for both normal and heroic versions of the staff.

Angry Grimace said:
Nibelung got buffed.

Our first one dropped last night. The funniest part was the confusion from the raid leader (mage) about who should be allowed to roll on it. Some people still get confused unless it's made super obvious. Maybe they should have put some
useless
hit on it just so that people who need to ask "But really, what exactly IS a harmful spell?" don't have head explosions.

Althor's Abacus turned up in the chest and it went to our main pally which was good, although there were a couple of druids who were pretty upset about that :lol I'm not ready to replace either of my ToC trinkets at this point, and I did get the nice BoE healing ring from Marrowgar so all is well in the universe.

I tanked ICC10 the other day on my pally for the first time. First raid I've ever done on that character, any spec. Hell, it was the first raid I've ever tanked since domo in MC. Was... Well it was something. It was interesting how in charge you can be, being able to just dive in to trash mobs like any instance is not at all what I was expecting. I guess it's nowhere near the same as stuff like TK and Vashj's hut where CC reined supreme.

As healer/dps there's a lot of "don't fuck up or hope someone has covered your ass". Tanks have a lot less stupid things they can do to screw up, but those things are far more crucial. And there's a shitload of just mashing your buttons and praying other people don't fuck up.

Was fun though, I'm glad Blizz nuked the difficulty in gearing up, as that is something I would not have been able to do otherwise.

Tamanon said:
The Abacus seems like it's flat out amazing for Druids, especially with Wild Growth ticking every second.

Yeah, to be honest I'd have preferred it go to a druid too. Still the guy it went to is a solid player, nice guy and all, so it's not a problem. And the boss it's from is just such an absurd faceroll anyway that I know we'll see many more of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Son of Godzilla said:
I tanked ICC10 the other day on my pally for the first time. First raid I've ever done on that character, any spec. Hell, it was the first raid I've ever tanked since domo in MC. Was... Well it was something. It was interesting how in charge you can be, being able to just dive in to trash mobs like any instance is not at all what I was expecting. I guess it's nowhere near the same as stuff like TK and Vashj's hut where CC reined supreme.

As healer/dps there's a lot of "don't fuck up or hope someone has covered your ass". Tanks have a lot less stupid things they can do to screw up, but those things are far more crucial. And there's a shitload of just mashing your buttons and praying other people don't fuck up.

Was fun though, I'm glad Blizz nuked the difficulty in gearing up, as that is something I would not have been able to do otherwise.
I think Blizzard's argument was that nobody cared about trash and that it was just annoying, so they don't bother to make trash anything but nuisance value.

J-Rzez

Grimace or Xabora, I know you guys roll DK's right? I'm giving up on Shadow's Edge I think so I have a ton of Frost emblems to blow. My question to you guys is this:

Is it's a gain in DPS when going from 4pc T9 to 2pc T9 + 2pc T10? I have enough emblems to grab two good pcs of it, and have some saronites to get the craftable legs from the Ashen. It'd get me 3 upgrades so I should see a solid DPS upgrade, I'm just worried/wondering about losing the 4pc bonus for 2+2 instead. I'm Unholy of course, going with reaping for more ScS the 2pc T10 sounds really tempting, while having the buff from the 2pc T9. I'm not that good with those spreadsheets lol.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:
Grimace or Xabora, I know you guys roll DK's right? I'm giving up on Shadow's Edge I think so I have a ton of Frost emblems to blow. My question to you guys is this:

Is it's a gain in DPS when going from 4pc T9 to 2pc T9 + 2pc T10? I have enough emblems to grab two good pcs of it, and have some saronites to get the craftable legs from the Ashen. It'd get me 3 upgrades so I should see a solid DPS upgrade, I'm just worried/wondering about losing the 4pc bonus for 2+2 instead. I'm Unholy of course, going with reaping for more ScS the 2pc T10 sounds really tempting, while having the buff from the 2pc T9. I'm not that good with those spreadsheets lol.
IF you can keep your rotation and have a good amount of crit, 2pc T10 will surpass 4pc T10.

J-Rzez

Xabora said:
IF you can keep your rotation and have a good amount of crit, 2pc T10 will surpass 4pc T10.

You mean 2+2 will surpass 4pc T9/T10? What's a good amount of crit? Considering I'm in 10man gear (this is all our guild really does), I believe my crit is only around 35% unbuffed... Is that too low for what you're saying?

Xabora said:
That was because you were the Misdirect. :lol

:lol Exactly!

Man there are so many things I miss about those days. The epic quest was still one of the most interesting things I've done in WoW. Hunters in the thread will probably bitch me out for saying this but the class feels so much less compelling to me these days now that CC is pretty much gone from the game. My dorf who did so much in classic just sits there patting his Bangalash and drinking, boring the shit out of anyone who will listen with his tales of bygone hunter glory.

Macattk15

Killed Putricide on 10 man. World 62nd! WOOOOOOOOO ... not really.

Got 5 attempts left on him on 25 tonight. Hopefully we'll be able to get it.

So Plague Wing is pretty good, I like the nice increase in difficulty from the first few bosses. I really don't like the limited attempts mechanic on Putricide though. My guild won't spend any attempts on him until 2 separate alt groups go in and try to get the fight down -_-

Yaweee said:
Took about 2.5 hours to enter the instance, clear trash, wipe a bunch against Festergut, kill respawned trash, and finally down him. We did it with 2 heals, one of which was undergeared, with me helping during the last phase (after three inhales) as an elemental shaman.

Rotface seems a lot easier. People just have to be on top of running out of the group to merge the slimes; like Festergut, his health drops pretty quickly and there's not any excessive downtime where the whole group stops DPSing.

We're generally undergeared for the fights, but we'll do better in coming weeks.

My guild had the opposite problem. We 1 shot Festergut on 10 and 25 man, then spent a few hours wiping on Rotface until we downed him. The last 20-30% can get pretty crazy with slimes.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
So Plague Wing is pretty good, I like the nice increase in difficulty from the first few bosses. I really don't like the limited attempts mechanic on Putricide though. My guild won't spend any attempts on him until 2 separate alt groups go in and try to get the fight down -_-

My guild had the opposite problem. We 1 shot Festergut on 10 and 25 man, then spent a few hours wiping on Rotface until we downed him. The last 20-30% can get pretty crazy with slimes.

It only gets crazy if you get some poopsmiths who can't move out to the big slime in time and then you end up with 2 big slimes. That was our experience though.

You guys ever have an alt that just loses every fuckin roll? I'm ready to just drop this character, can't catch a break.

Thankfully my main has much better luck.

I havent tried the new wing yet. Our guild only does 10-man and we have about 15 raiders so this Tuesday I was put on Standby so someone else could go (I already got 3 pieces of loot from ICC as well).

I wish there was 15 man raids or something (WoW automatically scaling raid difficulty to raid size etc). It just sucks being left behind, especially if you're one of the top DPSers.

We're still doing ToGC and we haven't beated Yogg yet (ugh) but not too surprisingly ICC gets the highest signups. I'm going to be offtank in ToGC tonight on my paladin.

Infinitemadness said:
You guys ever have an alt that just loses every fuckin roll? I'm ready to just drop this character, can't catch a break.

I'm always on the wrong toon, whether it's raids or heroics.

Druid stuff drops when I'm on my paladin.

Plate gear drops when I'm on my druid.

Yaweee

funkmastergeneral said:

Interesting. Perhaps it was our dainty tanks and questionable healers that made Festergut suck for us. As for Rotface, it seems likeit should be pretty easy with a consistent slime-management strategy and people that don't just stand around with the slimes hitting them.

Oh well. It will be a while before people's gear and experience are enough to outright PUG the entire Plagueworks, but gear from the first few bosses (and an increasingly over-geared TOGC10) over the next few weeks and better-known strategies will make the PW a lot more manageable.

I had a group fail during TOC10 last night during the beasts, wiping twice before we just called it. According to one of the priests, "The fire one shot [him]".

Sigh.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I am such an achievement whore...

Been offering people 1000g to find either of two remaining rarespawns I need in Outlands :lol

Amazingly some peopel give me a ton of grief over this

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:

No, but the difference in stats between T9 and T10 will make up the difference. i.e. it's value is dependant on your gear level of course, but the general DPS value for T9 4pc. is 431.15, and 314.75 for 2 pc. T10, but your stat gain will make T10 better.

The problem here is that you just can't keep four pieces of T9 without falling behind just based on the gear's item level.

What I ended up doing was waiting for the more expensive pieces to fill out my helm slot (where I have the Onyxia helm and not T9) to only break T9 4pc when I can get 4pc. T10. Now if only Blizzard would make the generalized items not clash horribly with the fucking Purple DK T10 set.

jim-jam bongs said:
:lol Exactly!

Man there are so many things I miss about those days. The epic quest was still one of the most interesting things I've done in WoW. Hunters in the thread will probably bitch me out for saying this but the class feels so much less compelling to me these days now that CC is pretty much gone from the game. My dorf who did so much in classic just sits there patting his Bangalash and drinking, boring the shit out of anyone who will listen with his tales of bygone hunter glory.
:lol
Yup BWL was fun as hunter even MC was interesting with the Core hound boss that need tranq shot, saying that I never played through burning crusade.
Epic quest was also awesome.

Epix

Lost the roll on the first legendary to the GM yesterday :(. I'll be getting the second if we manage to make a second.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:
You mean 2+2 will surpass 4pc T9/T10? What's a good amount of crit? Considering I'm in 10man gear (this is all our guild really does), I believe my crit is only around 35% unbuffed... Is that too low for what you're saying?
About 44%+ Fully Buffed.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
cubicle47b said:
You actually rolled for a legendary. Interesting.

My guild rolled for the legendary mace. Ended up going to a Discipline priest that stopped raiding after getting it and now only uses it for pvp. Being one of the officers I pushed that it went to a holy paladin, but they decided rolling was fair. This is why legendary weapons should never be left up to RNG.

Epix

cubicle47b said:
You actually rolled for a legendary. Interesting.
As opposed to giving it to the GM outright? I guess they considered me valuable and loyal enough to get a shot at the first one.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
About 44%+ Fully Buffed.
44% baseline critical isn't a reasonable figure in 10 man, even with full Dark Conviction, because for whatever reason, 10 man items aren't itemized with a lot of straight critical strike rating. We seem to be loaded with Expertise.

We use loot council (neither legendary went to the GM, of course he's a Prot Paladin...) to decide on normal loot so naturally we did the same with legendaries. I suppose if you made a list of who is eligible and then rolled between them it's quite a bit different then a roll-off between anyone in the guild who can use it.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
44% baseline critical isn't a reasonable figure in 10 man, even with full Dark Conviction, because for whatever reason, 10 man items aren't itemized with a lot of straight critical strike rating. We seem to be loaded with Expertise.
Oh 10man? >_<
Yeah around 36 - 38 is good then.

Epix

cubicle47b said:
We use loot council (neither legendary went to the GM, of course he's a Prot Paladin...) to decide on normal loot so naturally we did the same with legendaries. I suppose if you made a list of who is eligible and then rolled between them it's quite a bit different then a roll-off between anyone in the guild who can use it.
Yes it was a roll off between just him and I.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
No, but the difference in stats between T9 and T10 will make up the difference. i.e. it's value is dependant on your gear level of course, but the general DPS value for T9 4pc. is 431.15, and 314.75 for 2 pc. T10, but your stat gain will make T10 better.

The problem here is that you just can't keep four pieces of T9 without falling behind just based on the gear's item level.

What I ended up doing was waiting for the more expensive pieces to fill out my helm slot (where I have the Onyxia helm and not T9) to only break T9 4pc when I can get 4pc. T10. Now if only Blizzard would make the generalized items not clash horribly with the fucking Purple DK T10 set.

My plan now was to go with 2pcs T10, 2pcs T9 (until i have enough for 2 more T10), and make those awesome craftable pants. I was hoping the two set bonuses + stat differences would give me a nice boost.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
My plan now was to go with 2pcs T10, 2pcs T9 (until i have enough for 2 more T10), and make those awesome craftable pants. I was hoping the two set bonuses + stat differences would give me a nice boost.
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51786/legplates-of-aetheric-strife/ seem like an incredibly cheaper option than the craftable Legplates of Painful Death, but it's your money, not mine. :lol

The craftable 264 pants have less strength, less ArP, an equal number of sockets and a net gain of ~30 crit rating over the 251 pants. Given you're running a 10 man, you shouldn't have a ton of competition on the pants either.

Well, we closed raider apps months ago in my guild but we still let people in who were friends of guild members. Letting them know that our progression raids were full they would see little to no progression content in our official raids of course. But since quite a few of our regular raiders started slacking on attendance during the TOC months, those friends and family got into a lot of our raids to fill those empty slots. Now we have like 40 people who want to show up every night and those who were not brought in as raiders are sat. There really wasn't much drama about it except for one tank (brought in as a friend of a member) who got put on DPS or something and didn't like it so he left the group and his RL friends followed. I think most understand that they were not brought to raid to begin with. I do hope the leaders take notice of who stops showing up once we have ICC cleared this week or are out of tries on Putricide and we go do some older content or something.

Kyoufu

I got 2pc T10 Retribution yesterday.

Insane.

On AoE situations, my Divine Storm is basically up every 1-2 GCDs with Seal of Command. I was getting 15k DPS in heroics, crazy shit.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51786/legplates-of-aetheric-strife/ seem like an incredibly cheaper option than the craftable Legplates of Painful Death, but it's your money, not mine. :lol

The craftable 264 pants have less strength, less ArP, an equal number of sockets and a net gain of ~30 crit rating over the 251 pants. Given you're running a 10 man, you shouldn't have a ton of competition on the pants either.

I'm seeing two different stat sets for those pants you linked. Is it mixed up between heroic and normal? One source is showing 140str and two sockets, the other is comparable? Would be nice if it was the stacked version, I'd get those passed to me immediately lol.

Here's the other: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51786

http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=51786

Angry Grimace

Kyoufu said:
I got 2pc T10 Retribution yesterday.

Insane.

On AoE situations, my Divine Storm is basically up every 1-2 GCDs with Seal of Command. I was getting 15k DPS in heroics, crazy shit.
:lol

Our haste-obessesed Ret passed on getting T10 to get that stupid War Token because, "lol it has 160 haste!"

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
I'm seeing two different stat sets for those pants you linked. Is it mixed up between heroic and normal? One source is showing 140str and two sockets, the other is comparable?

Here's the other: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51786

http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=51786
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51817/legplates-of-aetheric-strife/ is heroic.

I think I was confused because normally Stamina is the second stat, and not the first one :lol

Still, it's a reasonable compromise, given that the Aetheric Legplates are free, and the Painful Death ones are about 20000g.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51817/legplates-of-aetheric-strife/ is heroic.

I think I was confused because normally Stamina is the second stat, and not the first one :lol

Still, it's a reasonable compromise, given that the Aetheric Legplates are free, and the Painful Death ones are about 20000g.

Yeah, that's certainly true, but I do have a ton of emblems on my alts that were being banked up for Shadow's Edge, that I'll never see at this rate. : /

I dunno, I'll think about that change. Though the stat upgrade from going to two T10 and those pants would be hefty i think.

funkmastergeneral said:
So, apparently Rotface's HP was nerfed by 15% in 10 man. That's pretty rough.

Was only a matter of time I suppose, though I expected the enrage timer or HP tweaked on Festergut before anything done to Rotface.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Anyone finding ratingsbuster to be inaccurate?

Weeping Gauntlets

1480 Armor
+102 Strength
+102 Stamina

Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 49.
Equip: Improves haste rating by 66.
armor = 41.1AP
102 strength= 204 AP

245.1 total AP based on my maths. Ratingsbuster lists it as 251.2 Ap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom