• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatbox

Banned
Nolimit_SS said:
Any good holy paladins here, need some advice about gear?
Where are you currently, gear-wise? At the very beginning you'll want to take anything that's an upgrade and socket every socket with pure Int gems, aside from the one Nightmare Tear (or blue equivalent, or 1 MP5 + Int gem and 1 SP + Int gem) to meet your +21 Int and mana restore meta gem. In the long run you want to take gear with the following priority: haste/mp5 gear > haste/crit gear > crit/mp5 gear. You should enchant for haste and spellpower, except on bracers where you can put Int, and on your weapon where you can also put Int (although it's a TBC enchant, and when you're just starting out you should stick with the SP enchant). Use Int trinkets, you can very easily acquire two: one drops in the regular ToC 5-man and you can buy another with Triumph badges. You should use the heroic badge libram for 113 mana off the cost of Holy Light.

That's the basic rundown of Holy paladin gearing for raiding: it's for Holy Light paladins. The FoL style is becoming more viable in good guilds but it's less versatile and you should probably start out gearing for Holy Light. The gist of it is you want as much mana as possible to sustain Holy Lights as densely as possible - since the Illumination nerf crit is effectively useless to Holy Light-centric paladins. Don't be afraid to use mail or even leather/cloth if you find those pieces first.

That's pretty generic and aimed at raiding paladins - if you're in a different place or have a different goal feel free to ask for clarification or further details. I've been playing a Holy paladin for a pretty long time and I love talking about it and helping people out.

Weenerz

Banned
Alfarif said:
You paying $15 a month because you can access your characters >>> you quitting because your account was hacked and/or calling customer support constantly and draining their budget to recover your stuff.

I love the iPhone authenticator. It's crazy, but it's become a ritual now to grab up my phone while heading towards the computer. I would feel completely weird not doing it (and I used to leave my phone in random rooms).

yea I need to get into the habit oftaking it everywhere now rofl.

The new raid bosses have been nice. Still haven't attempted professor putricide yet. I think our guild gm is gonna make us suffer through heroic anub until we down him. It's such a frustrating experience. At some point, I think it's probably better to cut your losses and pride and just move on.

The encounter is simple in concept, but freaking ridiculously hard, as far as requiring everyone to execute perfectly. But it's more than that. It's a faulty encounter. It has to be on par (difficulty-wise) with 25m 0 light Yogg.

List of things that can go wrong:

-mt gets frozen at inopportune time & can't move anub away from ice patch before submerge (this is generally not a problem)
-ot repositioning adds slightly b/c they won't stay in front of him and gets 1shot from adds that moves behind him (blizzard needs to fix this bs)
-ot and support classes stunning/interrupting shadowstrikes, but missing (maybe a lag thing)
-someone fails during pursuit in phase2 (shouldn't happen, but with all the other stupid things that can go wrong, this just causes everyone to nerdrage when it does happen)
-dps/healer pulls threat during phase 1 (dps can be careful, but healers can't really help it. also something that doesn't happen very often)
-same person gets pursued twice in a row, sometimes 3 times (wtf?)
-hunter misdirects not getting add/adds to offtanks
-random dc's
-server lag
-spikes pursue one person and then randomly switch to someone else before running into an ice patch (this is more bs that blizzard needs to fix, very annoying)

in my opinion, yes, blizzard made a hard encounter, which is what a lot of people wanted, but they also didn't make it very polished. half the problems that can occur have nothing to do with people making mistakes. The encounter is just seriously effed up, and my hat is off to the guilds that have this on farm.

Sidenote: Warlocks might be getting buffed. Woot!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Deputy Moonman said:
The new raid bosses have been nice. Still haven't attempted professor putricide yet. I think our guild gm is gonna make us suffer through heroic anub until we down him. It's such a frustrating experience. At some point, I think it's probably better to cut your losses and pride and just move on.

I'm going to go ahead and stop you right there, putricide is harder than hard mode anub easily.

You'd just be wasting your time with him TBH. I fully expect him to be nerfed soon.

It isn't just a matter of him being too hard, there are only 20 or so guilds that have killed him yet.

That's not enough people.

As far as tonight we got him to 3rd phase on 10 man and that fight just doesn't seem polished to me. You switch phases randomly and as you are switching slime pools are getting bigger or adds are getting leftover which can wipe the raid in seconds. We have a good run at phase 3 once because we got lucky, the adds will have a hard time making up their mind on who they want to go after for a little bit.

Blackface

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
I'm going to go ahead and stop you right there, putricide is harder than hard mode anub easily.

You'd just be wasting your time with him TBH. I fully expect him to be nerfed soon.

It isn't just a matter of him being too hard, there are only 20 or so guilds that have killed him yet.

As far as tonight we got him to 3rd phase on 10 man and that fight just doesn't seem polished to me. You switch phases randomly and as you are switching slime pools are getting bigger or adds are getting leftover which can wipe the raid in seconds. We have a good run at phase 3 once because we got lucky, the adds will have a hard time making up their mind on who they want to go after for a little bit.

It isn't polished. He was on test once and got pulled for being broken.

thatbox said:
Where are you currently, gear-wise? At the very beginning you'll want to take anything that's an upgrade and socket every socket with pure Int gems, aside from the one Nightmare Tear (or blue equivalent, or 1 MP5 + Int gem and 1 SP + Int gem) to meet your +21 Int and mana restore meta gem. In the long run you want to take gear with the following priority: haste/mp5 gear > haste/crit gear > crit/mp5 gear. You should enchant for haste and spellpower, except on bracers where you can put Int, and on your weapon where you can also put Int (although it's a TBC enchant, and when you're just starting out you should stick with the SP enchant). Use Int trinkets, you can very easily acquire two: one drops in the regular ToC 5-man and you can buy another with Triumph badges. You should use the heroic badge libram for 113 mana off the cost of Holy Light.

That's the basic rundown of Holy paladin gearing for raiding: it's for Holy Light paladins. The FoL style is becoming more viable in good guilds but it's less versatile and you should probably start out gearing for Holy Light. The gist of it is you want as much mana as possible to sustain Holy Lights as densely as possible - since the Illumination nerf crit is effectively useless to Holy Light-centric paladins. Don't be afraid to use mail or even leather/cloth if you find those pieces first.

That's pretty generic and aimed at raiding paladins - if you're in a different place or have a different goal feel free to ask for clarification or further details. I've been playing a Holy paladin for a pretty long time and I love talking about it and helping people out.
Wow, long post, thanks, thought not what I was looking for but might help someone :)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Nolimit
^ my armory, just wanted to know about some specific gear upgrades because I want to get back into raiding.
Don't really want to go for t9 since it doesn't look that good, 9.25 is better and those non set items too.
Head for example I want from onyxia(if I manage to find raid), shoulders from triumph emblems etc.

LAUGHTREY said:

No, I realize that professor putricide is hard, seeing as how almost no guilds have downed him on 25m (but i also think a lot of that is because we're being limited to only 10 attempts). Some guilds take longer to get coordinated with fights. Putricide is hard for different reasons than Anub. Professor putricide on normal 25 imo is just a gear check (he's only the 7th boss in the instance and it's only regular, not heroic). As soon as people get better gear, that encounter is going to be much easier.

On anub, you can have fantastic gear and still wipe repeatedly because of all the things I listed before. Tanks won't be dealing with stupid adds, that have faulty mechanics, and spikes won't be chasing random people with increasing speed, while at the same time, sometimes targeting the same person twice or randomly switching targets when that is not supposed to happen.

For putricide, the chasing has been dumbed down. For one, the green ooze that pursue a person, doesn't even allow the person to move. And the green link between it and its target make it very easy to see. It's just a dps race. If the ooze does reach its target, stacking everyone on it splits the damage, making it surviveable (something that is not possible with the spikes on anub). From watching the paragon video, it looks like people should never be hit by the orange gas cloud, as their run speed looks to be about the same as the cloud.

My guild is not lacking on heals nor dps, and we have good tanks. Maybe I'm not explaining my thinking very well, but I'm positive that most guilds will get through putricide, and still not not be able to do heroic anub. I guarantee my guild will not struggle on this encounter like we have on anub.

Grampasso

thatbox said:

I'm currently using the Holy/Ret spec, raiding in ICC 10/25 with 2 months old equipment. I'm not HL centered, since I find that build to be a bit limited and too much reliant on haste(I'll probably use it as an option when my haste will be 600+). I try to keep my healing balanced regarding the spells used, so I can also help the raid on encounters where tank dmg is not so heavy (like Lady Deathwhisper). Plus now Blizz supports Holy Shock a bit more than they did before, (new libram and 4pT10 bonus). I must say that having 36k+ mana raid buffed even without the HL libram and all the CDs mana has never been a problem, and except for the new rep ring and the new libram I've yet to get a single drop from the new raid, so my equipment is far from being optimal atm.
So if you want to have an healing style more flexible opposed to the "HL spam" adopted by most holy paladins this is a totally viable option regarding its performance - given you learn to use it well. Despite what most people say (that is "paladin is the simplest healer class to use, just spam one button ftw!") learning to use the paladin this way requires lot of quick reflexes and decisions to be taken in a split second.
Much more enjoying for me :D

Tamanon

Banned
So, now that WOW.com's podcast has changed hosts, it's a little more worthwhile for actual discussion, but horribly boring. No Terpster means just bad audio and no humor. Shame because I used to look forward to it on Mondays. Down to just The Instance, Rawrcast(excellent stuff) and World of Warcast for the most part, even if Starman really doesn't seem to grasp the game that well.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
LAUGHTREY said:

I'm sorry but that's just wrong. He's a difficult encounter sure, but not impossible. The nerf hammer will come though because the game needs to be simpler for the more casual players, at least that's how Blizz has been doing it of late. Now if you're talking about 10 man then you're absolutely right. 10 man anub hard mode is a joke, my group got that done the first week it was available easily. 10 man putricide is harder, but again not impossible. 25 man hard mode Anub is a completely different fight from the 10 man though and exponentially more difficult. 25 putricide will be tough and true most guilds won't get it the first few weeks because of the 10 attempt restriction, but eventually so long as you're bringing the same 25 people you will get him down, which is not true of the anub hard mode fight and it's faulty mechanics/RNG.

BTW the green oozes on the encounter will have a hard time initially choosing a target if the player controlling the abomination is beating on them. It seems the ooze tries to target the actual player controlling the abom and as such goes retarded for a few seconds, but it eventually will choose a target. Be prepared to burn the oozes though cause DAMN I was surprised at how fast they moved.

I thought that the fights in ICC would be nerfed gradually over time with some kind of buff that increases every week? Instead of a huge nerf just because only a few guilds cleared first week.

Tamanon

Banned
Putricide won't be nerfed until at least another couple weeks of Blizz seeing how guilds are doing. They're perfectly content with watching people bash their heads until the next wing at the very least.:lol

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
Oh my guild chose me for Shadowmourne last night when we got the blood off festergut. Just need the blood from Rotface and I can start my soul collecting lol.

Macattk15

Having done Insanity on ToGC 25 and attempted Putricide ... we almost got Putricide in 10 attempts compared to the let's say .... 150 attempts on Heroic Anub on our first kill of him.

We got him to 32% on our best attempt and the fight is pretty much over @ 30% if you managed the slimes correctly because he stops the whole Unstable Experiment stuff ... so all you need to do is dodge his Choking Gas vials and Goo that he shoots and DPS him as fast as possible.

The whole fight is just co-ordination. DPS'ing the slimes ... collapsing on the green slime target .... running away when you're the red slime target. Phase 1 is really short, Phase 2 is really long, Phase 3 is really short.

Oh and we never have the Abom attacking the ooze cause as someone said ... it does fuck with their targetting ... and that just ends up making it worse on the raid since half the raid is split melee'ing it and the rest are ranged at that point ... just let it target who it wants to target ... vomit on it and DPS it.

We've killed him on 10 man. He is NOWHERE near as hard as Heroic Anub (before ICC gear and whatever nerfs he may of suffered).

Fularu

Banned
He hits ridiculously hard in part 3. The stacking debuff you get as a tank is retarded. That's what makes the fight so difficult... P1 is a joke, P2 is control and execution.. P3 is Entropius (M'uru p2) all over again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
Putricide won't be nerfed until at least another couple weeks of Blizz seeing how guilds are doing. They're perfectly content with watching people bash their heads until the next wing at the very least.:lol
It didn't seem to me like there was anything about Putricide preventing you from walking over to where the Crimson Halls was other than physical barriers. Perhaps they'll let you beat your head against a wall a little while longer. (read: no, they won't.) :lol

I laugh a little whenever a poster says, "So and so is easy on 10m," because they are probably a full tier of gear over what the encounter is designed for. :lol

Fularu

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:

Protip, you can decide when he enters the next phase

Macattk15

Fularu said:
Protip, you can decide when he enters the next phase

I know he hits hard in phase 3 .... and heals if he kills the tank. Our tanks had it worked out that they'd be switching when they got 5 debuffs I believe.

And yeah, he switches phases at 80% and 30% ... so it's up to you when he changes.

Fularu

Banned
5 debuffs? no, that's crazy.. go for the following :

at 3 debuffs swap, then at the second swap, go with cooldowns (SW/LS/Divine w/e, etc..). We tried tanking up to 5 and it was extremely difficult for the healers to try to keep us up.

Also he changes phase at 35% :p

thatbox

Banned
Nolimit_SS said:
Wow, long post, thanks, thought not what I was looking for but might help someone :)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Nolimit
^ my armory, just wanted to know about some specific gear upgrades because I want to get back into raiding.
Don't really want to go for t9 since it doesn't look that good, 9.25 is better and those non set items too.
Head for example I want from onyxia(if I manage to find raid), shoulders from triumph emblems etc.
Ah, I can definitely help then. The easiest upgrades, depending on your badge situation, would be to get the ilvl 245 mail Helm of Inner Warmth with Triumph badges. The T9 gloves are also worth getting, and when you have enough Frost badges the T10 shoulders are probably the safest bet (they have the least amount of competition from other offset items). For raiding I'd recommend replacing your Nevermelting Ice Crystal with Tears of the Vanquished from regular ToC 5-man, since the Intellect will be a lot more useful in that situation. There's a very good ilvl226 crafted belt, the Plate Girdle of Righteousness, but there are also decent choices in ToC 10 and ICC 10, so it depends on your raiding situation whether or not it would be worth it to make. There are solid shields in ICC 25 and ToC 25 (Bastion of Resolve), and a less solid option in ToC 10. Ony drops a good cloak in both 10 and 25. The Leggings of Failing Light and Chestplate of the Frozen Lake are both excellent pieces from ToC 25. You can buy a ring with Triumph badges, and one run of ICC 10 would net you the Ashen Verdict reputation reward ring, which is outstanding. Alternatively, if you're rich, the BoE Circle of the Darkmender is wonderful. If you aren't confident in doing ToC / ICC in your gear a solid strategy would be just picking up most of the T9, because the sheer bump in stats from the item level change would go a long way.

I guess I'll also post this, though, since it took a ton of time to compile and this will help me feel like it's not going to waste:

HOLY LIGHT PALADIN ICC GEAR LIST
I'm going to use the Heroic versions of 10-man items so that the itemization distribution can be easily compared between 10-man and 25-man items. Obviously, until Heroic is available, the existing version of the 10-man gear linked here will be inferior ilvl251. I'm not listing Heroic 25-man items because they're the same as the regular items, only better! I'm ignoring all Crit/MP5 items because they're miserable, but obviously if you're already wearing something even more miserable you may take them if they drop. The purpose of this is to help me plan out to to avoid Crit/MP5 gear, which is why this list is branded with the caveat of being for Holy Light paladins. Haste/MP5 gear is marked with an asterisk.

BREAKDOWN BY SLOT, including REP/BADGE/TIER/CRAFTED ITEMS:
Head:
- * Ice-Reinforced Vrykul Helm [GUNSHIP, HEAD, HASTE/MP5, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51906 (ICC 10 mail)
- Sanctified Lightsworn Headpiece [TIER, HEAD, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51167
Shoulder:
- Shoulderguards of Crystalline Bone [SINDRAGOSA, SHOULDER, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51811 (ICC 10 mail)
- Horrific Flesh Epaulets [FESTERGUT, SHOULDER, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50059 (ICC 25 mail)
- Santified Lightsworn Spauldurs [TIER, SHOULDER, HASTE/CRIT, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51166
Chest:
- Rot-Resistant Breastplate [ROTFACE, CHEST, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50027 (ICC 25 plate)
- * Chestguard of Siphoned Elements [BLOODQUEEN, CHEST, HASTE/MP5, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51840 (ICC 10 mail)
- Mail of Crimson Coins [VALANAR, CHEST, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50177 (ICC 25 mail)
- Sanctified Lightsworn Tunic [TIER, CHEST, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51165
Legs:
- Corrupted Silverplate Leggings [MARROWGAR, LEGS, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51928
- Rippling Flesh Kilt [PUTRICIDE, LEGS, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51860 (ICC 10 mail)
- Puresteel Legplates [CRAFTED, LEGS, HASTE/CRIT, 3 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50989
Hands:
- Fallen Lord's Handguards [DEATHWHISPER, HANDS, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49995 (ICC 25 plate)
- Stormbringer Gloves [DREAMWALKER, HANDS, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51827 (ICC 10 mail)
- * Unclean Surgical Gloves [FESTERGUT, HANDS, HASTE/MP5, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50064 (ICC 25 mail)
- Gauntlets of Overexposure [BADGES, HANDS, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50976
Wrists:
- * Bracers of Pale Illumination [GUNSHIP, WRIST, HASTE/MP5, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51907 (ICC 10 plate)
- Crypt Keeper's Bracers [VALANAR, WRIST, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50175 (ICC 25 plate)
- * Coldwraith Bracers [MARROWGAR, WRIST, HASTE/MP5, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51929 (ICC 10 mail)
- Bloodsunder's Bracers [ROTFACE, WRIST, HASTE/CRIT, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50030 (ICC 25 mail)
Waist:
- * Tightening Waistband [BLOODQUEEN, WAIST, HASTE/MP5, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51836 (ICC 10 plate)
- Belt of the Lonely Noble [TRASH BOE, WAIST, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50451 (ICC 25 plate)
- * Belt of the Blood Nova [SAURFANG, WAIST, HASTE/MP5, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50015 (ICC 25 mail)
- * Deathspeaker Disciple's Belt [DEATHWHISPER, WAIST, HASTE/MP5, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50784 (ICC 10 mail)
- Lich Killer's Lanyard [BADGES, WAIST, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50989
Feet:
- * Shuffling Shoes [ROTFACE, FEET, HASTE/MP5, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51873 (ICC 10 mail)
- Protectors of Life [CRAFTED, FEET, HASTE/CRIT, 2 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49905
Neck:
- * Choker of Filthy Diamonds [ROTFACE, NECK, HASTE/MP5, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51871 (ICC 10)
- Soulcleave Pendant [SAURFANG, NECK, HASTE/CRIT, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51894 (ICC 10)
- Blood Queen's Crimson Choker [BLOODQUEEN, NECK, HASTE/CRIT, 1 SOCKET]: http://wowhead.com/?item=50182 (ICC 25)
Back:
- * Heartsick Mender's Cape [VALANAR, BACK, HASTE/MP5, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51848 (ICC 10)
- Frostbinder's Shredded Cape [DREAMWALKER, BACK, HASTE/CRIT, 0 SOCKETS]: http://wowhead.com/?item=50205 (ICC 25)
Finger:
- * Signet of Putrefaction [FESTERGUT, FINGER, HASTE/MP5, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51884 (ICC 10)
- Cerise Coiled Ring [VALANAR, FINGER, HASTE/CRIT, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51849 (ICC 10)
- * Marrowgar's Frigid Eye [MARROWGAR, FINGER, HASTE/MP5, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49967 (ICC 25)
- * Ashen Band of Greater Wisdom [REP, FINGER, HASTE/MP5, 0 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50386
Weapon:
- * Lockjaw [ROTFACE, WEAPON, HASTE/MP5, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51875 (ICC 10)
Shield:
- * Lost Pavise of the Blue Flight [SINDRAGOSA, SHIELD, HASTE/MP5, 1 SOCKET]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51812 (ICC 10)
- Bulwark of Smoldering Steel [MARROWGAR, SHIELD, HASTE/CRIT, 0 SOCKETS]: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49976 (ICC 25)

border

Tamanon said:
Down to just The Instance, Rawrcast(excellent stuff) and World of Warcast for the most part, even if Starman really doesn't seem to grasp the game that well.

Listening to Starman and Alachia whine for 30 minutes about Cataclysm's stat consolidation was as bad as that show has ever been. "Ohhhh everyone is going to do the same DPS now.....theorycrafting is dead....they killed the Class Forums [they didn't] because they want everything to be homogenized......things are different back from when we were hardcore."

Then they read a letter from a listener that obliterates any kind of cogent point they were attempting to make and points out that vanilla WoW actually had LESS stats to track......and they both immediately disregard it and say "I don't understand what his point is."

hobart

I rather enjoy the fact that there is a serious "cock-block" within ICC at the moment. Sure, there will be guilds that get it... but for me... it makes killing it all the more enjoyable once it happens.

Surprised to hear about the Rotface nerf. Honestly... I didn't notice it. For those of you that are unaware... apparently the 30% "enrage" on Rotface was giving out the same amount of Slimes in 25m as they were in 10m. Oops! Makes sense after we pulled Rotface on 25m and a few of us said: Shit... that's easier than 10m! Haha.

Epix

I tried listening to Slash2 podcast for a while but too many episodes taking about Twilight and vaginas non stop kinda turned me away.

Epix said:
I tried listening to Slash2 podcast for a while but too many episodes taking about Twilight and vaginas non stop kinda turned me away.

I just went to their site for the first time and it actually is like the hypertextual version of trade chat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
hobart said:
Surprised to hear about the Rotface nerf. Honestly... I didn't notice it. For those of you that are unaware... apparently the 30% "enrage" on Rotface was giving out the same amount of Slimes in 25m as they were in 10m. Oops! Makes sense after we pulled Rotface on 25m and a few of us said: Shit... that's easier than 10m! Haha.

It's one of those things people didn't really notice because the guys doing it on 25m outgeared the encounter (which ostensibly, is designed around the idea you're in 232s with a couple of 251s.).

Angry Grimace

Man, I remember when wowhead was actually good, as opposed to just thottbot with a different format.

At this point I notice that basically every item list just has 1290489018 downrated comments regardless of how useful it is.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
I laugh a little whenever a poster says, "So and so is easy on 10m," because they are probably a full tier of gear over what the encounter is designed for. :lol

That's all every forum is basically, especially the official ones and places like MMO champ. "10 man is so easy, why nerf it"? Maybe because there are strict 10-man guilds out there that don't have BiS Heroic 25man gear running in a 10-man tuned for perhaps 232 10-man/heroic gear? Bunch of idiots.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Fularu said:
5 debuffs? no, that's crazy.. go for the following :

at 3 debuffs swap, then at the second swap, go with cooldowns (SW/LS/Divine w/e, etc..). We tried tanking up to 5 and it was extremely difficult for the healers to try to keep us up.

Also he changes phase at 35% :p

Macattk15 said:
I know he hits hard in phase 3 .... and heals if he kills the tank. Our tanks had it worked out that they'd be switching when they got 5 debuffs I believe.

And yeah, he switches phases at 80% and 30% ... so it's up to you when he changes.

Yeah, that's not random at all. We had him change at 74% and one time at 33%.

Shit doesn't make sense, and if you don't time it perfectly and kill the slime and put him into the next phase, especially phase 3, you have to hope you get lucky and can kill the slime before it wipes your raid because you don't have your abom anymore.

Putting him into phase 3 should definitely get rid of the slimes.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Angry Grimace said:
Man, I remember when wowhead was actually good, as opposed to just thottbot with a different format.

At this point I notice that basically every item list just has 1290489018 downrated comments regardless of how useful it is.
Heh. Only time I ever bothered to read the comments on wowhead were for quest entries.

speedpop said:
Heh. Only time I ever bothered to read the comments on wowhead were for quest entries.
I went there one time when I found this weird cloak in Stratholme. It was white and slightly longer than your average cloak or cape.

Tamanon

Banned
border said:
Listening to Starman and Alachia whine for 30 minutes about Cataclysm's stat consolidation was as bad as that show has ever been. "Ohhhh everyone is going to do the same DPS now.....theorycrafting is dead....they killed the Class Forums [they didn't] because they want everything to be homogenized......things are different back from when we were hardcore."

Then they read a letter from a listener that obliterates any kind of cogent point they were attempting to make and points out that vanilla WoW actually had LESS stats to track......and they both immediately disregard it and say "I don't understand what his point is."

Yeah, that whole conversation was pretty painful.:lol

Wanna know how to play a Holy Paladin?

Here ya go:

HolyLight.gif

Blackface

Banned
I set the DPS record for 10 man Festergut (on World of Logs) for mages today. I did 10.4k EDPS, and 10.5k DPS. Problem? Nobody was recording (we don't often do logs for 10 man). I have a screenshot for Recount (dps) and a screenshot of Skada (EDPS), but no log to put up on the site. I wanted to cry.

Angry Grimace

Ghostcrawler said:
We are also considering some changes to Shield Slam to where it won't affect players in normal tanking gear but it will affect the scaling of block value for those who are stacking it. This isn't guaranteed as we still want to make sure it doesn't have a real negative effect on PvE, but in turn we may have the threat caused by Shield Slam just straight increased. We'll see how this goes as we test it internally.
I fucking called it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
keeblerdrow said:
Wanna know how to play a Holy Paladin?

Here ya go:

HolyLight.gif

It's even worst for Arcane Mages. :lol Arcane Blast & Arcane Missiles. There you go. That is, if we ignore stuff like Icy Veins or Arcane Power that we use every 1.5-2 mins.

border

Tamanon said:
Yeah, that whole conversation was pretty painful.:lol

I was pretty hopeful when Alachia joined the show because I thought her podcast was great, and even after all these years she still has a pretty good sense of the wonder and discovery and camaraderie that makes playing MMOs fun. If their show is just going to be a bunch of highly cynical complaining about changes that they haven't even tried and are many months away.....well that's disappointing. Not because I really take criticism of WoW/Blizzard personally, but because I can get cynical complaining from 20 other WoW podcasts if I really wanted to listen to it. I think The Instance is popular in part due to the "cautiously positive" attitude they tend to have towards everything, whereas other shows are more interested in cultivating outrage over minor changes to the game.

They have every chance to turn things around, but at the moment I'd much rather have Alachia doing her old show once every couple months rather than showing up weekly with some misinformed muckraking rant.

J-Rzez

Too bad the loot lists for the Lich King haven't been released yet. Kind of disappointed that there will probably be no Shadow's Edge for me. Hopefully at least a really cool, and well stat'd 2H axe/sword/mace will drop from it.

Looks like they "fixed" the proc from Brytroll for Dk's and Pallies, and they're "still looking at the proc" yet. Who knows what they'll do to that. A shame since I "might" have a shot at it at least.

Had a bad experience yesterday morning in heroics. I got off work, went home, and jumped into the random heroic queue with my prot warrior. Tada ~ Halls of Reflection! I was pretty irritated, because I know I'm not great at tanking that place. I straight up tell people that I'll give it a wipe or two, and then they can boot me and I won't be offended. It's also annoying because that's the third morning in 4-5 days that my first random was HoR.

So we give it a go. First attempt, we wiped. I knew it was my fault. I missed an add and one our dps got one shot. But instead of leaving, the healer (who I've been whispering back and forth), convinces me to stay for another go. So I stay.

We end up getting through the first two bosses, with no more troubles. But, our druid dps dc's and we eventually replace him. But what's this?! The replacement has never been in HoR before on that specific toon and we can't see him even though he's in the instance. So he was phased within a heroic already in progress. He watches the opening scene with the lich king and then the adds kill him. Finally we replace him and the same thing occurs with the next person. At this point, we just wipe it up on purpose. We come back inside, the whole instance is reset, and everyone leaves. So I end up with something like a 40g repair bill, an hour of wasted time, and no frost emblems.

Next instance? Pit of Sauron with the first two bosses cleared. We go into the tunnel and the dps (a dk and 2 arcane mages) just go to town and start aoe'ing everything lol, before the halfway point. I'm like, "wtf are you guys doing?" in my head. We wipe, because the healer and I end up being the only two left at the top of the tunnel and the healer runs out of mana, while I have a mass of adds on me. Afterward, I tell them they can just boot me, but they say, "why? you're better than the tank before." HA! Anyway, this made me laugh and I stayed. Got through it the next attempt no problem and one shot the boss.

Annoying start of randoms, but it goes to show that wipes aren't half as bad when you're with easy going people.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
Stop telling people to boot you. lol

I've been having a fun time leveling my Orc Tank in LFD. It's awesome being able to see low level instances I had no chance of seeing when I leveled my mage. I'm at level 27 so far. Lot of people needing on everything has been the only problem.

Adent said:
Stop telling people to boot you. lol

I've been having a fun time leveling my Orc Tank in LFD. It's awesome being able to see low level instances I had no chance of seeing when I leveled my mage. I'm at level 27 so far. Lot of people needing on everything has been the only problem.
Haha. It's a bad habit. I think i would like to relevel another tank (maybe a pally or a druid), so that I can see more of the early instances. Would be kind of cool.

Mr Nash said:
Any suggestions at to what sigil(s) I should be looking at for tanking as a DK?
I guess it depends on whether you want mitigation or more threat output. From what I've read (seeing as how I don't actually play a DK tank), Sigil of Insolence isn't bad for mitigation and you can get it with 25 emblems of triumph. If you want threat, try Sigil of Virulence, also easy to obtain with 25 emblems of triumph.

As for the new frost emblem gear, Sigil of the Bone Gryphon is okay as long as you don't have an encounter with down time, but I think most people will be saving their frost emblems for other pieces of gear, first.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So... 15 hours and 2k gold later... I'm at 441 jewelcrafting.

First, how many Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Tokens can you get a day? And how long does it take to get the tokens?

Second, there's like 100+ patterns to get with the tokens. Looks lie it takes 172 days to get them all? Aside from the ones that benefit me (dps death knight) which ones do I start shooting for to make money with?

Tamanon

Banned
DeathNote said:
So... 15 hours and 2k gold later... I'm at 441 jewelcrafting.

First, how many Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Tokens can you get a day? And how long does it take to get them?

edit: 173 days to get them all?

Second, there's like 100+ patterns to get with the tokens. Aside from the ones that benefit me (dps death knight) which ones do I start shooting for to make money with?

1 per day for the JC daily, but you can also buy them with stacks of 10 titanium powder a pop(from prospecting titanium) and there's a BOE necklace that gives a quest to get a token.

I'd look on your AH and see what cuts sell the most compared to the raw gem cost.

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

As more or less a 10 man only raider in a 10 man only guild, 10 man isn't a total walk in the park. Some bosses were easy the first week sure, but these new bosses certainly are a step up. We spent a good 6-7 attempts on Festergut before we killed him and a good 5 attempts on Rotface before people had to leave (it's progression night, come on). Festergut allows the DPS to be almost braindead and is more a healer/tank fight, so the execution of it at the moment is easier. Rotface is a more complex fight, where I think that what everyone was supposed to be doing wasn't understood at all until our last attempt. Hopefully it'll be easier next time.

Also, for any high end raiding warriors or people who know about them better than I do:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drenden&n=Saba

He's squishy. Why is he squishy? Is it something gear/gem/glyph/spec related or is he just doing it wrong?

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
1 per day for the JC daily, but you can also buy them with stacks of 10 titanium powder a pop(from prospecting titanium) and there's a BOE necklace that gives a quest to get a token.

I'd look on your AH and see what cuts sell the most compared to the raw gem cost.
You're essentially throwing money in the trash if you're making an effort to get Titanium Powder. There are better ways to get epic gems and the epic cuts themselves are only vaguely worth the convenience of getting (given that for the most part, dozens of others even within your own guild will have any cut you want). Blowing your JC tokens on dragon's eye is a thought, but I do usually get at least three epic cuts I'll need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom