• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatbox

Banned
Stridone said:
Anyone? I have no idea what PVP server to pick.
I'm on Burning Legion, and there are still occasional city raids. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to find what you're looking for now, though :(

ianswoody

So my leveling is surpassing my lore-questing at this point. Just dinged 78, but I'm only about halfway through Grizzly Hills with some random quests in other zones (Sholozar, Zul'drak) thrown in. When I hit 80, I want to continue on with questing to expand the story and get the Questing Achievements. What happens then? I've heard you get more gold instead of XP, but how *much* more? I'm enjoying myself, but I also want to catch up with the rest of my guild gear-wise. Will I be making enough gold to garner a decent amount of emblems or gear from the AH?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ah this WoW hacking / fake email stuff is hilarious, Do they ever stop sending you emails?

I think for the past 2 weeks they have been trying to convince me that my account is going to be banned, i need to identify myself and so on. Now i get one saying my account has been suspended for 3 hours and if i don't goto the clearly not legit website posted it could result in a full account ban. This shit is gold. :lol

evlcookie said:
Ah this WoW hacking / fake email stuff is hilarious, Do they ever stop sending you emails?

I think for the past 2 weeks they have been trying to convince me that my account is going to be banned, i need to identify myself and so on. Now i get one saying my account has been suspended for 3 hours and if i don't goto the clearly not legit website posted it could result in a full account ban. This shit is gold. :lol

Only received one of those e-mails last year and had to e-mail Blizzard to make sure if it was fake. Haven't gotten one since which is nice.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=80&maxlevel=80&servertypeid=-1

DKs are still the most common class at level 80. That doesn't mean you'll never find a guild, but I think that's what funk was getting at.
On my server & fraction:

174 DK
129 Mage
111 Hunter
150 Druid
208 Paladin
118 Priest
104 Shaman
95 Warlock
112 Warrior

I know for a fact there's quite a few DK tanks. So, really, looking at this data, all main spec DPS should basically be even.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So my priest finally reached Northrend and started healing UK, and my god... it's like people lost 50% of their IQ by reaching this place. While i had many decent groups in the Auchindoun 5 mans, i get such idiots in UK.

Like no one bother to save anyone from the ice traps of the first boss, not even ME! The healer! Some mage wanted to need all the crap cloth greens "of the Eagle" that dropped because apparently, it's better than his Outlands blues that have spell power and crit. -_-

I got a DK tank who couldnt hold aggro for shit, and a warrior tank who charged another group while i was dead(and blaming lag after this), and the ret pally took 20 secs to res me after i died, like his Res spell wasn't even on his action bar or something.

No tanks bother to wait for me before attacking a group. If i'm drinking, skinning or looting or whatever, they wont wait and they come close to die. It's like they never watch behind their back to see if i'm following or even looking at the minimap. This isn't some heroic where everyone have 5k Gearscore, please have some mercy!

I think i only got 1 good group who could finish UK out of the 4 or 5 i got.

J-Rzez

10-man has been a real exercise in frustration so far. After them openly admitting many fights were not tuned right, or "bugged", it turns out the "princes" are in the same boat. I can confirm that we've experienced the same amount of damage done to us as was done to the 25-man version after a guildie compared parses. Tanks are taking ~20k hits in both. This is pretty discouraging to say the least, and it's really starting to take a toll on us, as well as hurting all the "good" that they did in this patch to date. We don't want to fall behind here. The only people that have been saying these fights are "OK" are those running 25-man/25-man heroic gear doing 10-man.

Rotface is an exercise in frustration, despite having it's mechanics down solid. You're at the mercy of the rng gods here it seems, one week blitzing through it in 2 attempts, the next week 11 tries. Then you get to putricide who is having it's fair share of issues in the fights, and it's just flat out tiring. They either need to get this stuff tuned, or need a substantial raid buff out earlier than intended by them. : /

This is a disheartening stat:
The PlagueWorks (10)
Achievement rates: World 5.04%, 25m guilds 12.7%, 10m-strict guilds 0.2%

Xabora said:
Pfft, that axe is stupid and useless. Why would you even allow that to enter your inventory, let alone your weapon slots? I've lost all respect for you
and regained it as envy

EDIT:
ard.png

that was the default position your character model was in. I must admit I lol'd at that.

Cipherr

Xabora said:

Isnt that the quest axe? Our dps war did a little event at the start of the run today and got that axe before we started our 25man. At least I think thats the one, then he went on and on about letting him thunderclap the adds before we wtfaoed them so he would get credit or some shit lol.

We kept talking over him in vent and carrying on cranky :lol . Just wanted to get stuff cleared so we can hit the new wing Friday.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
Isnt that the quest axe? Our dps war did a little event at the start of the run today and got that axe before we started our 25man. At least I think thats the one, then he went on and on about letting him thunderclap the adds before we wtfaoed them so he would get credit or some shit lol.

We kept talking over him in vent and carrying on cranky :lol . Just wanted to get stuff cleared so we can hit the new wing Friday.
The person getting Shadowmourne needs 1000 kills to get the Legendary.

The fact that 95% of plate wearing players have the exact same outfit is so fucking lame.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
HarryDemeanor said:
Only received one of those e-mails last year and had to e-mail Blizzard to make sure if it was fake. Haven't gotten one since which is nice.

34t48le.jpg

So awesome :lol

I wanted to change my email address on my battle.net account but it's asking me for my secret password, Which i will never remember. Anyone know if you can change that? or bypass it etc?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Metroidvania said:
Good lord man, get some better trinkets!

Grats on the Axe, I still need 18 more Saronite :/

Blood princes are a fun fight, albeit kind of hectic until the people who fail 5 or 6 times finally understand how to stay out of the shit.
I've been pretty much sitting on Whispering Fanged Skull, the Trinket That Never Drops™

Xabora

Metroidvania said:
Good lord man, get some better trinkets!

Grats on the Axe, I still need 18 more Saronite :/

Blood princes are a fun fight, albeit kind of edit: annoying until the people who fail 5 or 6 times finally understand how to stay out of the shit.
Oh trust me... I've seen them drop.
I've never gotten them.

5x DV Normal, 1x DV Heroic. :(

No ICC trinkets yet. :|

evlcookie said:
34t48le.jpg

I wanted to change my email address on my battle.net account but it's asking me for my secret password, Which i will never remember. Anyone know if you can change that? or bypass it etc?
A single call, and your WoW Keys.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
We used a fairly easy approach to Blood Princes. We had out three tanks in a triangle. I (Holy Paladin) was healing the warlock and running around the room picking up the black baloons. Worked out perfectly. I just judged them (40 yds) and ran back to the warlock for him to grab them off me. Went down in 3 tries.

1st was a run in and pull and see what they do. 2nd was a figureing out what to do. And the 3rd was doing it. Noone had really read anything so it was alot of fun to see people speculating. And it never quites stop being fun when someone starts to argue for something that clearly hasn't happened and in no form of logic could have happened.

lordmrw

Absolutely fantastic 10 man ICC run last night. Marrowgar: no problems whatsoever. Deathwhisper: this was my first time being in a group where the dps was evenly split between melee and ranged, and jesus what a difference it makes. I have never seen the adds go down so fast, in fact so fast, none of them were able to come back as a skeleton. That mana shield might as well have been tissue paper we were able to take it down so fast. Gunship: This time I stayed behind on the ship while someone else went over to down the mage, was a nice change of pace. Saurfang: Only wiped once, soulcrushing too, we had him down to 8% that time, but we knew exactly where we messed up and made sure it didn't happen again. Gonna continue the next wing Friday and I can't wait. Only problem? For the 3rd week in a row, absolutely nothing has dropped for me (rogue), no weapons, armor, trinkets, nothing. What shitty luck.

This was contrasted by the absolutely terrible ToC 25 I'm now saved to. Northrend beasts go through with no problems except 3 people got trampled (heh). Jaraxxus the problems appear. People are all over the place, the adds aren't going down, and I'm seeing multiple people getting Piledrived in a row. To this point, the RL never bothered to say anything over vent. We wipe, and he starts flipping out. Wants ALL dps to switch to adds when they spawn and no one to interrupt fel fireball because he'll do it. I didn't know who was speaking, so I asked who it was, because I didn't recall anyone else in the riaid who could interrupt. He says "It doesn't fucking matter who's talking, just do what the fuck I tell you". I get pissed and tell him no need to be an asshole over a minor question, he now proceeds to become an even bigger ass over vent. We proceed to wipe 3 (yes 3 times) more times on jaraxxus, and we all start to leave because he obviously doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Dunlop

Bisnic said:
So my priest finally reached Northrend and started healing UK, and my god... it's like people lost 50% of their IQ by reaching this place. While i had many decent groups in the Auchindoun 5 mans, i get such idiots in UK.

Like no one bother to save anyone from the ice traps of the first boss, not even ME! The healer! Some mage wanted to need all the crap cloth greens "of the Eagle" that dropped because apparently, it's better than his Outlands blues that have spell power and crit. -_-

I got a DK tank who couldnt hold aggro for shit, and a warrior tank who charged another group while i was dead(and blaming lag after this), and the ret pally took 20 secs to res me after i died, like his Res spell wasn't even on his action bar or something.

No tanks bother to wait for me before attacking a group. If i'm drinking, skinning or looting or whatever, they wont wait and they come close to die. It's like they never watch behind their back to see if i'm following or even looking at the minimap. This isn't some heroic where everyone have 5k Gearscore, please have some mercy!

I think i only got 1 good group who could finish UK out of the 4 or 5 i got.

I had a couple of groups like that in BC, the tanks just seem to think that they can pull anything and it is not because of the healer that they live through the encounter.

What is the general opinion of WOTLK, I could technically hit lvl 68 tonight and upgrade but I am starting to feel the pain of being guildless (just getting an enchantment put on my gear is painful), I've come accross some of my old buddies but they are all in WTFBBQ uber raiding guilds now :D

From what I hear it turns more into a grind at lvl 70+ so am just wondering if the content is worth it.

I played Allods for about 30 minutes and am shocked at how nice it is. A complete WOW (vanilla) rip off with better graphics.

Yaweee

Dunlop said:
I had a couple of groups like that in BC, the tanks just seem to think that they can pull anything and it is not because of the healer that they live through the encounter.

What is the general opinion of WOTLK, I could technically hit lvl 68 tonight and upgrade but I am starting to feel the pain of being guildless (just getting an enchantment put on my gear is painful), I've come accross some of my old buddies but they are all in WTFBBQ uber raiding guilds now :D

From what I hear it turns more into a grind at lvl 70+ so am just wondering if the content is worth it.

I played Allods for about 30 minutes and am shocked at how nice it is. A complete WOW (vanilla) rip off with better graphics.

You know you can buy enchantment scrolls on the AH now, don't you?

Leveling in Northrend is far and away the best leveling experience of any MMO I've played. How it's earned a reputation as a "grind" is completely dumbfounding.

Dunlop

Yaweee said:
You know you can buy enchantment scrolls on the AH now, don't you?

Leveling in Northrend is far and away the best leveling experience of any MMO I've played. How it's earned a reputation as a "grind" is completely dumbfounding.

no...no I did not know that. I think instead of playing tonight I will read all FAQ files in the forums. The majority of my playtime is running dungeons.

More reason I need to get into a damn guild to get this type of info, I need to find a decent guild that is not just lvl 80 raiders...not an easy task.

I don't think anything in WOW can every be defined as a real grind in MMO terms, the fact that I have gone from lvl 60 - 67.5 in a week (or about 15 hours of playtime) shows that BC definately is not. But the leveling progression slows.

thanks for the info

Anyone have any suggestions for Putricide 25? Besides the fact the same retards seem to be getting hit by malleable goo, the P1 to P2 transition seems to be screwing us up. We always have a green slime spawning just as he is going into Phase 2, and then after the tear gas wears off the slime takes a long time to target someone with their adhesive, and in the meantime gets very close to the raid so we eat a couple of explosions.

Flib

Dunlop said:
no...no I did not know that. I think instead of playing tonight I will read all FAQ files in the forums. The majority of my playtime is running dungeons.

More reason I need to get into a damn guild to get this type of info, I need to find a decent guild that is not just lvl 80 raiders...not an easy task.

I don't think anything in WOW can every be defined as a real grind in MMO terms, the fact that I have gone from lvl 60 - 67.5 in a week (or about 15 hours of playtime) shows that BC definately is not. But the leveling progression slows.

thanks for the info

The leveling progression slows in Northrend, but to miss out on the questing and dungeons there would be a real shame. Such a marked step up in quality over everything that came before, from quests to environments to instances. Makes Outland look awful.

Retro

Bisnic said:

Not all tanks (myself included) are like that, but since the LFG Tool came out, people are farming badges and try to rush things to squeeze as many runs in as they can. I've had DPS tell me to "Hurry the fuck up" because I was waiting for my healer to get some mana before pulls. Guess who makes liberal use of the Vote Kick feature?

Then again, I've been tanking since Vanilla, and I've been Tanking as a Paladin since TBC. I know the pace and flow, how to spot a healer who needs breathers and those who are ok to push. Sadly, most people treat the cross-server LFG tool like they're anonymous, and it's lead to all sorts of miserable behavior... which, in a game like WoW (which was already home to some pretty miserable fucks) is sad.

I've actually rolled a character on another server to compliment a cross-server healer. I'd encourage others to do the same.

Dunlop

Flib said:
The leveling progression slows in Northrend, but to miss out on the questing and dungeons there would be a real shame. Such a marked step up in quality over everything that came before, from quests to environments to instances. Makes Outland look awful.

damn you..so going to upgrade now.

retro said:
Not all tanks (myself included) are like that, but since the LFG Tool came out, people are farming badges and try to rush things to squeeze as many runs in as they can. I've had DPS tell me to "Hurry the fuck up" because I was waiting for my healer to get some mana before pulls. Guess who makes liberal use of the Vote Kick feature?

Then again, I've been tanking since Vanilla, and I've been Tanking as a Paladin since TBC. I know the pace and flow, how to spot a healer who needs breathers and those who are ok to push. Sadly, most people treat the cross-server LFG tool like they're anonymous, and it's lead to all sorts of miserable behavior... which, in a game like WoW (which was already home to some pretty miserable fucks) is sad.

I've actually rolled a character on another server to compliment a cross-server healer. I'd encourage others to do the same.

Yeah this is very behaviour noticable, for me it is easily remedied as I just don't top up the MT's health once the battle is over until I am ready to go, a tank that is not full health becomes very interested in the healer situation before he pulls. Thankfully it hasn't happened too oftern yet as my mana regen is pretty good.

It is worth the price to play dungeons almost instantly. Coming from pretty much any other MMO where lvling a healer is a horrible task. The fact you can run dungeons from lvl 15 on is fantastic. Even if you get in a horrible group and end up leaving the timer is small to be able to run again.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
Anyone have any suggestions for Putricide 25? Besides the fact the same retards seem to be getting hit by malleable goo, the P1 to P2 transition seems to be screwing us up. We always have a green slime spawning just as he is going into Phase 2, and then after the tear gas wears off the slime takes a long time to target someone with their adhesive, and in the meantime gets very close to the raid so we eat a couple of explosions.

Nothing special I guess. By the time he is transitioning into phase 2, we have our first orange / red slime spawning so as soon as the tear gas drops all the ranged are hammering on it and the rest are waiting for it to adhere to someone to destroy it. The goo ... people just have to really friggen pay attention to where the goo is flying ... DBM or Bigwigs marks the people who are targeted with the goo.

Used all of our attempts that we had left after beating Putricide (13) on Blood Queen 25 last night. Had a 8% wipe where some people got MC'ed early because they were feared when they had to bite someone. Sucks. I think we could of had it in the next couple of attempts.

Macattk15 said:
Nothing special I guess. By the time he is transitioning into phase 2, we have our first orange / red slime spawning so as soon as the tear gas drops all the ranged are hammering on it and the rest are waiting for it to adhere to someone to destroy it. The goo ... people just have to really friggen pay attention to where the goo is flying ... DBM or Bigwigs marks the people who are targeted with the goo.

That's how we did it easily in 10 man, but I guess our DPS isn't good enough in 25 man to get him to phase 2 before a second green slime spawns. You think waiting for a second orange slime to spawn before going to phase 2 would be easier to handle?

I healed Deadmines on an alt and the tank kept typing "heal" because I wasn't ever topping him off. He never died, he just didn't understand how mana conservation works, especially when it's so hard to come by at that low level. Topping off really wasn't important considering everything in there until the ship hits like they're throwing sponges at you.

I replied eventually "I understand my role," but he kept doing it anyway. I liked to keep him close to dying a lot just to watch him spaz out.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
That's how we did it easily in 10 man, but I guess our DPS isn't good enough in 25 man to get him to phase 2 before a second green slime spawns. You think waiting for a second orange slime to spawn before going to phase 2 would be easier to handle?

If you had to maybe ... but that sure is a long time to be in a phase 1. Red slimes are much easier IMO to deal with than green since they don't lock you in place. Is your abom guy vomitting on both slimes?

thatbox

Banned
J-Rzez said:
10-man has been a real exercise in frustration so far. After them openly admitting many fights were not tuned right, or "bugged", it turns out the "princes" are in the same boat. I can confirm that we've experienced the same amount of damage done to us as was done to the 25-man version after a guildie compared parses. Tanks are taking ~20k hits in both. This is pretty discouraging to say the least, and it's really starting to take a toll on us, as well as hurting all the "good" that they did in this patch to date. We don't want to fall behind here. The only people that have been saying these fights are "OK" are those running 25-man/25-man heroic gear doing 10-man.
We downed Princes in both 25 and 10 last night and while I haven't compared the logs, it really felt harder in 10man. So if that corroborates what your guildie found out, take heart that they may hotfix it.
Rotface is an exercise in frustration, despite having it's mechanics down solid. You're at the mercy of the rng gods here it seems, one week blitzing through it in 2 attempts, the next week 11 tries. Then you get to putricide who is having it's fair share of issues in the fights, and it's just flat out tiring. They either need to get this stuff tuned, or need a substantial raid buff out earlier than intended by them. : /
I'd say Putricide is way more RNG than Rotface - if you get a late Malleable Goo on a Green Slime victim, it usually means a wipe. Rotface is much more about proper management, and in so doing you can minimize the RNG impact (unless it's always your best DPS getting the disease, I guess).

J-Rzez

thatbox said:
We downed Princes in both 25 and 10 last night and while I haven't compared the logs, it really felt harder in 10man. So if that corroborates what your guildie found out, take heart that they may hotfix it.

I'd say Putricide is way more RNG than Rotface - if you get a late Malleable Goo on a Green Slime victim, it usually means a wipe. Rotface is much more about proper management, and in so doing you can minimize the RNG impact (unless it's always your best DPS getting the disease, I guess).

Oh, I'm not even joking about those ice cream cones of goo, that happened to us every-damned-time. It was insane. We'd all stack up at the last second every time to try and counter this but it would still happen. Not to mention the slime puddles spawning in the walls.

Problem with Rotface is they didn't adjust the injection rates from 25-man, meaning your dps/healers are not able to focus enough on their tasks at hand. Harder fights for lesser gear, with people in lesser gear. Sucks..

Angry Grimace

Easiest Frost badges ever.

I D/C'd on Utgarde Keep just before Keleseth, and couldn't log back in for like 15 min. When I logged back in, the cross-realm group had just started on Ingvar. :D

thatbox

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Oh, I'm not even joking about those ice cream cones of goo, that happened to us every-damned-time. It was insane. We'd all stack up at the last second every time to try and counter this but it would still happen. Not to mention the slime puddles spawning in the walls.

Problem with Rotface is they didn't adjust the injection rates from 25-man, meaning your dps/healers are not able to focus enough on their tasks at hand. Harder fights for lesser gear, with people in lesser gear. Sucks..
Yeah, they drastically lowered Rotface-10's HP to compensate for that blunder, but since I'm in a 25-man guild in 25-man gear I guess I can't really guage if that was the appropriate way to nerf him. I led a 10-man guild for almost a year though (we ceased raiding right before ToC came out) so I completely feel your pain with the way 10-man guilds are treated.

Angry Grimace

I'm sort of wondering if they buffed the Needle Scorpion's proc rate. I used to see it proc maybe once or twice every 5 minutes, but it seems to proc a lot more often recently. Very strange.

They also apparently nerfed the PPM rates on a lot of things (almost assuredly to nerf Bryntroll), but my FC rune procs are still almost identical in uptime.

So they fixed Rotface-10 by lowering his HP ? Meaning he still spawns slimes near the end at the 25 man rate ???

Rotface-10 is pissing us off, going for another try tonight and we hope we can do it so we can move on to Putricide. Can't decide if we blow our weekly attempts on the new wing or Putricide.

Everything falls apart at < 20% for us. The only strange thing is our bear tank OT kiting the big slime is running it (partially) through the raid. He doesn't run the big slime on the outside (not wanting to run through the slime floods).

Angry Grimace

KernelPanic said:
So they fixed Rotface-10 by lowering his HP ? Meaning he still spawns slimes near the end at the 25 man rate ???

Rotface-10 is pissing us off, going for another try tonight and we hope we can do it so we can move on to Putricide. Can't decide if we blow our weekly attempts on the new wing or Putricide.

Everything falls apart at < 20% for us. The only strange thing is our bear tank OT kiting the big slime is running it (partially) through the raid. He doesn't run the big slime on the outside (not wanting to run through the slime floods).
What you need to do is, get a bunch of 25m gear until you totally outgear the encounter, nuke it and then ask why everyone sucks so much that they can't beat it on 10.

Flib

KernelPanic said:

The oozes do AOE damage to everyone around him, so you might want to rethink that kiting strategy.

evlcookie said:
34t48le.jpg

Wow, they really want your account. :lol

Man, I need to get back into this game. Did the free week in December and got a Paladin to 51. Cross-server LFG is the greatest thing ever.

Sullen

Angry Grimace said:
What you need to do is, get a bunch of 25m gear until you totally outgear the encounter, nuke it and then ask why everyone sucks so much that they can't beat it on 10.

I find it weird that *any* group has trouble with this. The whole area is pugged on my server. :lol I guess if you are really undergeared I could see it, but that is why ToC was so easy.. so that everyone could get geared up.

Angry Grimace

Sullen said:
I find it weird that *any* group has trouble with this. The whole area is pugged on my server. :lol I guess if you are really undergeared I could see it, but that is why ToC was so easy.. so that everyone could get geared up.
Rotface is not successfully pugged on your server. I don't believe you.

J-Rzez

Sullen said:

Geared how? In full hard mode gear from ToC? Because that's the only way I can maybe see this (10-man hard). Remember, 10-mans should not be tuned for "well, everyone should have some 25-man gear... soo...".

The game isn't only about 25-mans. There are plenty of 10-man guilds out there, strict 10-mans at that.

This:
Angry Grimace said:

Still stands...

If 25-man people can't understand that guilds that only do 10-man content, can't handle when the mechanics are fucked and things like adds are spawned at 25-man rates, or that bosses are hitting for the same amount of damage in 10's as they do in 25's, then it's just further proof how delusional these people are getting.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
Geared how? In full hard mode gear from ToC? Because that's the only way I can maybe see this (10-man hard). Remember, 10-mans should not be tuned for "well, everyone should have some 25-man gear... soo...".

The game isn't only about 25-mans. There are plenty of 10-man guilds out there, strict 10-mans at that.

This:

Still stands...

If 25-man people can't understand that guilds that only do 10-man content, can't handle when the mechanics are fucked and things like adds are spawned at 25-man rates, or that bosses are hitting for the same amount of damage in 10's as they do in 25's, then it's just further proof how delusional these people are getting.
I'm just calling bullshit on the "Plagueworks are pugged on my server" guy entirely. My guess is he's mostly just trying to show off by implying that he thinks Plagueworks is easy.

To pug the Plagueworks, you'd need 25m geared people who know the encounter already and the chance of finding 10 people that aren't already running 10m with their guilds (99% of 25m guilds, and 100% of the ones I've ever seen are farming both 10m and 25m for badges/loot) who are geared and skilled enough to do the encounter is pretty fucking remote. Even on the "top" servers (i.e. Mal'ganis) I think that's a stretch. The idea that 10m ToC gear alone is enough to faceroll the Plagueworks is simply absurd.

FLEABttn

Banned
Zero 10 man strict guilds on my server have the plagueworks achievement. Only 5 guilds have gotten the 10 man achievement on my server, and they were all 25 man guilds. My guild was about 300k away from it. Rotface isn't properly tuned. Putricide is iffy as well.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
I'm just calling bullshit on the "Plagueworks are pugged on my server" guy entirely. Myg guess is he's mostly just trying to show off by implying that he thinks Plagueworks is easy.

To pug the Plagueworks, you'd need 25m geared people who know the encounter already and the chance of finding 10 people that aren't already running 10m with their guilds (99% of 25m guilds, and 100% of the ones I've ever seen are farming both 10m and 25m for badges/loot) who are geared and skilled enough to do the encounter is pretty fucking remote. Even on the "top" servers (i.e. Mal'ganis) I think that's a stretch. The idea that 10m ToC gear alone is enough to faceroll the Plagueworks is simply absurd.

No doubt. Rotface still gives us trouble, being at the mercy of RNG on the mechanics. We're geared from ToC (not much heroic gear), some craftables, and a couple ICC pieces here and there. The only reason we down that fight is RNG going our way, and that these people in my guild are some of the best players I have ever played with in a MMO. Even then, it's luck.

And we're the number 1 10-man guild on our server. We still didn't down putricide because it's a mess as well. We got him down to 28% (When RNG killed our main healers, then fully wiped around 16%) at our best.

Yaweee

They should redo the Roll system on items that everybody can use, like mounts, bags, and orbs to:

I WANT THIS
I DO NOT WANT THIS

Some guy was bitching when four of us needed the 22 slot bag, while he rolled greed. There's really only two cases with that type of roll debate:

1) Greed on something you want on the chance that everybody, despite being from different servers, is on the exact same page with you with regard to loot rules while exposing yourself to losing rolls to people that do not have your exact same roll philsophy.

-or-

2) Need on things you want and can use.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
No doubt. Rotface still gives us trouble, being at the mercy of RNG on the mechanics. We're geared from ToC (not much heroic gear), some craftables, and a couple ICC pieces here and there. The only reason we down that fight is RNG going our way, and that these people in my guild are some of the best players I have ever played with in a MMO. Even then, it's luck.

And we're the number 1 10-man guild on our server. We still didn't down putricide because it's a mess as well. We got him down to 28% (When RNG killed our main healers, then fully wiped around 16%) at our best.
Pug-Killer encounters are things with little to no margin for error.

Nothing in the Plagueworks has the margin for error that would let you get away with just using random players, regardless of what mode you are on (possibly the DPS check on Festergut, which isn't difficult to meet at all on 10m ((for the record, I think DPS checks are difficult for Blizzard to implement in 10m because you can't balance around having every, or even many buffs))).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom