• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dunlop said:
thx alot for all the tips,

Doesn't the dungeon finder lock a dungeon if you are undergeared? The only metric I have atm is my gearscore which is like a paltry 2700 (Dunlop on Gorefiend) but above the norm for people at my lvl, I only put pretty basic enchants/gems in as you level so fast in the game that I figured it is not worth wasting my gold until I hit 80 (plus the normal dungeons are pretty simple).
For the record, Heroics are exactly the same except the monsters have more health and hit harder.

Everyone bitches about GearScore, but it's not any worse than the classic, "LFM For 25 Naxx - Must have 25 Naxx Achiev"

mclem

Angry Grimace said:
For the record, Heroics are exactly the same except the monsters have more health and hit harder.

Also, four heroics (Nexus, Culling of Stratholme, Gun'drak and Ahn'kahet) have a bonus boss that's only available in heroic.

I can't think of any actual fight mechanics that change significantly in the Wrath heroics (unlike, say, Mechano-Lord Capacitus in Mechanar, which is a pretty significantly different fight in the heroic version); that's something I've missed compared to the TBC heroics.

Wrekt

mclem said:
I *am* a tank. I'd estimate that I had about 30k health on hitting L80 - along with pretty pitiful armour and avoidance numbers.
When I went prot, I had a full set of 200-232 epics and didn't skimp on enchants (including +sta ring enchants) and unbuffed I had 29k hp as a Pally. I did have to gem some def to reach cap but there is no way someone is dinging 80 with 30k hp.

As a healer, I'd be comfortable with a tank that could reach over 25k unbuffed. I've done heroics with tanks that have 22k hp before without issue. If your healer is worth a shit, you won't have any problems outside of the new ICC 5 mans. Argent Confessor Paletress in ToC can also fuck your world up if the healer isn't careful.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wrekt said:
When I went prot, I had a full set of 200-232 epics and didn't skimp on enchants (including +sta ring enchants) and unbuffed I had 29k hp as a Pally. I did have to gem some def to reach cap but there is no way someone is dinging 80 with 30k hp.

As a healer, I'd be comfortable with a tank that could reach over 25k unbuffed. I've done heroics with tanks that have 22k hp before without issue. If your healer is worth a shit, you won't have any problems outside of the new ICC 5 mans. Argent Confessor Paletress in ToC can also fuck your world up if the healer isn't careful.
I was doing heroics with 24K when hit 80

I finally finished Fistful of Love right now! Looks like there was an Undead Warrior after all except someone had to create a Troll Rogue and send him to Dalaran. Really glad I got it done though. All I need left is I Pitied the Fool and My Love is Like a Red Red Rose. Always lose the roll on the flowers in Utgarde.

Just go my roses as well. All I need left is the Love Fool achievement. I was all in a hurry to level quickly to enter Naxx but I found out that this event doesn't end until next week.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
hor normal sucks. tanks either leave or roll on the dps cloak that has a low drop rate.

edit: just remembered the new arena season started and bought the 264 pvp cloak. fuck you hor normal. thankfully i've nly run it once since it started. i ran it like 25 times before it started. ><

Dunlop

thx again guys, I hit 80 and epics fall off of trees :D

People have definately been playng a while, we beat the timer and Strat, I got the Bronze Dragon mount because nobody else rolled on it. Now just need to 4k to get the mount training.

now to decide which BoA piece I should get for my DK

edit: server is down...who wants to wager on a 1 day rollback :p

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
All this new gear stuff is kinda overwhelming after coming back from an 11 month break. I'm just doing random heroics over and over now to get all the EoTs i need. But i don't even know what i'm spending them on there's too many different sets :(

1up

funkmastergeneral said:
Anyone even bothering with the SFK boss anymore? I've summoned 20 times now and have only seen a a blue item drop once. Brewfest boss was way better.

Been doing 10 summons a day everyday between 5 friends and we all have the toxic oozling, but haven't seen a mount yet. I haven't even seen the mount being ridden in Dalaran either. Its gotta be one of the lowest mount drops so far.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
Anyone even bothering with the SFK boss anymore? I've summoned 20 times now and have only seen a a blue item drop once. Brewfest boss was way better.
i personally don't even are about the mount

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Cindres said:
All this new gear stuff is kinda overwhelming after coming back from an 11 month break. I'm just doing random heroics over and over now to get all the EoTs i need. But i don't even know what i'm spending them on there's too many different sets :(
there's only two sets per class pve role. you're going to see a 5 piece item level 232 tier 9 set and a 5 piece item level 245 tier 9 set for each. the latter needs a trophy from trial of the crusader raid and needs more emblems. there's also non tier 9 item level 245 helm and shoulders to consider that only require emblems. if you get both of those, you break the tier 9 4 set bonus.

I just remembered that since the olympics have started that the Spirit of Competition event hasn't even shown up. Wonder if they're going to activate it on Tuesday.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Heh, we'd get a nice triple whammy of events then with Valentine's, Chinese New Year, and the Olympics all at the same time. :p

Angry Grimace

HarryDemeanor said:
I finally finished Fistful of Love right now! Looks like there was an Undead Warrior after all except someone had to create a Troll Rogue and send him to Dalaran. Really glad I got it done though. All I need left is I Pitied the Fool and My Love is Like a Red Red Rose. Always lose the roll on the flowers in Utgarde.
Yup, still need my roses and Love Fool, but I've got a Love Fool left, and I'll go ahead and finish it up later tonight after I veg on in Mass Effect, while waiting for my guitar neck to dry =P

Darb

Neo Member
So, I just started up WoW again after over a year and I am sort of lost. Should I do the Argent Tournament? Or, should I gear up through this new dungeon finder? Can anyone let me know if I am undergeared to use the dungeon finder? I'm thinking I'll just get booted from groups with my gear as it is now.

Armory Link

Sciz

Run as many random heroics via the dungeon finder as you can stand to earn Triumph emblems. Use those for Tier 9 gear and offset pieces. Particularly run the 5-man Trial of the Champion, which drops ilvl 200 epics on normal and 219s on heroic. Once you're sort of decently geared, go through the new Icecrown 5-mans, which drop 219s on normal and 232s on heroic. After all that, you'll be ready for Icecrown Citadel proper.

Orbitcube said:
Daaaamn. That sucks. I'm surprised it didn't get ninja'd actually, that's what seems to happen with such rare mounts like that.

Master Looter probably didn't want to be banned and have the mount taken away anyway. If loot rules are presented in advance in raid chat as free rolls and the ML takes it he's taking a WoW vacation.

J-Rzez

KernelPanic said:
Spent all night on Putricide.

Down to 4%.

What a BS fight.

That is all.

(But we'll get him next time)

Sounds to me you didn't offer up enough children's souls to the RNG gods like we did. Finally got that prick down last tuesday. I was hoping to get the new wing bosses down, but tomorrow is valentine's day so myself and over half of our A-team players can't make it. Monday is never a no-go. Oh well, there's this week coming up.

Does anyone know of a good site to sell my account on? One with a lot of traffic and one that won't install a keylogger on my computer? I'm thinking about selling mine and I'd like to know what I could reasonably expect for it.

Angry Grimace

keeblerdrow said:
Does anyone know of a good site to sell my account on? One with a lot of traffic and one that won't install a keylogger on my computer? I'm thinking about selling mine and I'd like to know what I could reasonably expect for it.
My guess is accounts cost much less than they ever did given that it doesn't take all that much effort to reach 80 and competitive gear requires little effort either.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Darb said:
So, I just started up WoW again after over a year and I am sort of lost. Should I do the Argent Tournament? Or, should I gear up through this new dungeon finder? Can anyone let me know if I am undergeared to use the dungeon finder? I'm thinking I'll just get booted from groups with my gear as it is now.

Armory Link

With GearScore coming in as the worst fucking addon ever created and the community getting even worse at "NO EPIX NO COMING!" Random dungeon finder is a godsend.
So far i've entered, gone through, nobody's mentioned that i'm just wearing T7.

Also, FUCK, i did a random dungeon and got sent to Culling of Strat. The last boss.. is it? Dropped the Epic Flying mount. Everybody passed (i still don't have that riding skill), so i took it for myself and nobody cared.
I am never going to pull together the bloody gold for this fucking ever. When i start to get new gear i'm gonna have to start paying for gems and enchants again. I have this bloody Epic Flyer and nothing to do with it!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Cindres said:
With GearScore coming in as the worst fucking addon ever created and the community getting even worse at "NO EPIX NO COMING!" Random dungeon finder is a godsend.
So far i've entered, gone through, nobody's mentioned that i'm just wearing T7.

Also, FUCK, i did a random dungeon and got sent to Culling of Strat. The last boss.. is it? Dropped the Epic Flying mount. Everybody passed (i still don't have that riding skill), so i took it for myself and nobody cared.
I am never going to pull together the bloody gold for this fucking ever. When i start to get new gear i'm gonna have to start paying for gems and enchants again. I have this bloody Epic Flyer and nothing to do with it!

Everyone passed and nobody cared because that mount have a chance 100% chance to drop if you get to the special boss before the 25 mins timer is gone. And since it's so easy to do this now with so many people in T9/T10, almost everyone except new 80s have it.

You can get the price for epic flying skill to 4000g if youre exalted with Orgrimmar/Stormwind/Kirin Tor/Warsong Offensive/Valiance Expedition depending from which npc you will learn it. Do all Northrend quests, do as much dailies as you can loot and sell every single crap you get from what you kill, if you have a gathering profession sell all the mats you find, and 4k gold wont be that hard to reach.

Also, as for enchants and gems, don't buy the most expensive ones, the difference in stats isn't that big for what it is worth. Either you buy a +19 spell power of blue quality for 60g, or you buy a +23 spell power of epic quality for 250g. :lol Unless you're raiding in ICC, you shouldn't worry too much about getting the best enchants and gems in the game.

Angry Grimace said:
My guess is accounts cost much less than they ever did given that it doesn't take all that much effort to reach 80 and competitive gear requires little effort either.

Yeah, that's what i'm thinking too, but I have six 80s I never use and over 10 other characters over level 60 that I RAF'd up with friends. I have no real concept of how much any of them are worth and it'd be fun to find out what people are willing to pay. It would also be fun to find someone dumb enough to pay stupid amounts of money for it all.

Cipherr

cubicle47b said:
Putricide is not a RNG fight.

RNG cant make putricide harder, but its not right to insinuate that it cane make it easier (does that even make sense?)

Last week, the green slimes latched onto me and our other 2 hunters and the one warlock we have seemingly exclusively.

Tell me that doesnt help.... Feign, green dies before anyone gets a knockback because it takes forever to reacquire a target

Targets a lock, > Portal backwards and again dies with no knockback.

We were missing alot of key dps and still made it a cakewalk because of that. Killing every green ooze before a knockback is huge on that fight IMO. It allows you to phase change between unstable experiments so much easier.

Magnus

Out of simple curiousity (I don't think I could ever bring myself to even seriously consider selling my account), how much does a legendary weapon raise the monetary value of an account? Val'anyr, if we need to talk specifics.

J-Rzez

cubicle47b said:

It absolutely is with those slimes, vials, pools, and goos. The RNG of it is if the game decides to kill off a few of your raid now, or later, and possibly let you live apparently but the odds are really slim.

thatbox

Banned
cubicle47b said:
Malleable Goo on green slime victims certainly doesn't help. The absolutely inconceivable pathing of the green slimes around puddles doesn't help. The utter bugginess of the encounter itself doesn't help - we've had slimes teleport to their targets, we've had Malleable Goo cast on melee despite having a dozen ranged and healers, we've had slimes retarget people early for no goddamn reason.

I'm almost done with getting all the Kalimdor elders. Just need Feralas and Teldrasil. Shouldn't take long for Eastern Kingdoms which has a shorter elder list. I did have some fun running into Horde towns though. Seemed to always get killed by a Death Knight.

Magnus said:
Out of simple curiousity (I don't think I could ever bring myself to even seriously consider selling my account), how much does a legendary weapon raise the monetary value of an account? Val'anyr, if we need to talk specifics.

Probably quite a bit if it's a current content one like Val'anyr or Shadowmourne. When it comes to selling my account, I'm hoping for shear numbers to get my price up. I have a lot of 80s and most of them are geared at least for Ulduar and ToC. A couple are ready for ICC25.

If I sold my account, I'd load up all the heirlooms I have onto one character and transfer it to my secondary account I made for RAF. That way, if I wanted to go back, I'd have something to fall back on.

If some guild wanted to buy my account, they could divide up the characters around and be ready for ICC10 in 2 weeks.

Cipherr

thatbox said:
Malleable Goo on green slime victims certainly doesn't help. The absolutely inconceivable pathing of the green slimes around puddles doesn't help. The utter bugginess of the encounter itself doesn't help - we've had slimes teleport to their targets, we've had Malleable Goo cast on melee despite having a dozen ranged and healers, we've had slimes retarget people early for no goddamn reason.

Oooooh shit yeah, we have seen all of that before, the malleable goo onto a forced rooted target by the slime is absolute bullshit man. And the goo in melee too, it hammers your raid dps something horrible.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
what's the deal with the boss omen for the lunar festival?

can multiple people summon him whenever they want?

or is it a one summon one kill per server? or day?

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
Damn, 40k posts. :lol
3rd largest non-archived thread now...it's been around a lot longer than either of the threads that beat it though; the Street Fighter IV thread and the Rock Band thread (which has 100,000+ replies).

The PoliGAF thread would dwarf everything else but it gets archived every calendar year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom