• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would suggest doing some instances before hitting 80, your lvl is the perfect timing. People have very little patience at lvl 80, and if you go there without knowing about the Greed/Need rules and without learning to manage your aggro and do a good spells rotation, you're going to get destroyed and people will hate you for this.

The least i can tell you about the Greed/Need rule in groups is DO NOT click on Need(the dice) if the green/blue/purple item isn't an upgrade for you. Click Greed(the gold) in those cases.

As for what would be an upgrade to a feral druid, get whatever items have agility & stamina.

Hey WoW n00b here but quick question.

With this game is everyone I see in the game world from all of the servers or just the server I'm on?

What I mean buy this is that the server I chose does the game world display everyone in that particular server or just everyone in general?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Flying_Phoenix said:

With this game is everyone I see in the game world from all of the servers or just the server I'm on?

What I mean buy this is that the server I chose does the game world display everyone in that particular server or just everyone in general?
It would be pretty crowded in Dalaran if all ~4 million players were hanging out in the same area :lol

Hazmat

Flying_Phoenix said:

No, it's just the server you're on. Each server is a different..."instance"... of the world.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
It would be pretty crowded in Dalaran if all ~4 million players were hanging out in the same area :lol

Less than 1 FPS in Dalaran 24 hours a day would be pretty awful. :lol

Grampasso

Mmmh I have a lv80 Human Holy Paladin and currently raiding ICC10/25 but still struggling on final wings bosses. Server is Darkmoon Faire, one of the worst EU servers if you look at the progression. I don't like the way we raid (only 2 days a week, too much time to recover between tries, people go often AFK, overall progression is really slow) and I'm considering to change server or quit playing at all at least until Cataclysm.

Does any of your raiding groups/guilds on other EU servers needs a healer? My playtime is usually 8PM-1AM on workdays (GMT+1). I know I could do this on Blizz forums but I'd like to play with some Gaf people.
If you want to take a look at my equipment my character is Lunaphrea on Darkmoon Faire :)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Grampasso said:
Mmmh I have a lv80 Human Holy Paladin and currently raiding ICC10/25 but still struggling on final wings bosses. Server is Darkmoon Faire, one of the worst EU servers if you look at the progression. I don't like the way we raid (only 2 days a week, too much time to recover between tries, people go often AFK, overall progression is really slow) and I'm considering to change server or quit playing at all at least until Cataclysm.

Does any of your raiding groups/guilds on other EU servers needs a healer? My playtime is usually 8PM-1AM on workdays (GMT+1). I know I could do this on Blizz forums but I'd like to play with some Gaf people.
If you want to take a look at my equipment my character is Lunaphrea on Darkmoon Faire :)

You should match sockets for anything with +7 Spellpower or above.

Grampasso

LAUGHTREY said:
You should match sockets for anything with +7 Spellpower or above.
HL centric playstyle doesn't require much SP, in raid that would net me less than 1% bonus healing but would instead make me lose a lot of INT for each +20 INT replaced with a +10 hybrid. It will maybe be more useful playing that way when my raiding group will manage to beat the Lich King, but I don't see it managing doing it in the next 3-4 weeks.

FLEABttn

Banned
I thought I'd be looking forward to ICC10 heroic once we finish normal, but my interest in WoW has fallen off completely in the past two weeks. I almost don't see myself playing once LK is dead until the Ruby Sanctum.

firex

Flying_Phoenix said:

Like other people said, you only see people from your server in the areas you are on.

You will be able to tell when people are from other realms when you do Dungeon finder or Battlegrounds, because then people will have a suffix on their name that you can't do in character creation to show you what server they are from.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Grampasso said:
HL centric playstyle doesn't require much SP, in raid that would net me less than 1% bonus healing but would instead make me lose a lot of INT for each +20 INT replaced with a +10 hybrid. It will maybe be more useful playing that way when my raiding group will manage to beat the Lich King, but I don't see it managing doing it in the next 3-4 weeks.
I dunno man. If Laughtrey doesn't like your gemming strategy, then you obviously don't know how to play your class and should uninstall the game.

joelseph

FLEABttn said:
I thought I'd be looking forward to ICC10 heroic once we finish normal, but my interest in WoW has fallen off completely in the past two weeks. I almost don't see myself playing once LK is dead until the Ruby Sanctum.

Nothing wrong with that, I am in the same boat. I look forward to my 10m ICC w/ real life buddies and that is about it!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Started a NE druid yesterday on Moonrunner, got to 19 last night! I'm really loving the cross-server instance queue stuff they added in, super helpful.

FLEABttn said:

I'm in the same boat. I only get on to raid (we're on Singragosa) and honestly I'm not really excited about it. We lost some folks the weekend before last, so raids were canceled over last week so we could re-group. I signed on maybe once during that period. The rest of my gaming time went to SC2 beta.

I remember spending inhuman amounts of hours doing Ulduar hard modes, which were challenging but eventually began to wear me down. But even then I was generally excited about the game, searching for any tidbit I could find about ICC, future patches, etc. Now I barely go to mmo-champion, I don't know much of what's going on. ICC has some very fun fights, I'm just tired though.

Flib

Honestly, I enjoyed Ulduar the most out of any of these raids. Some cool fights in ICC, but there was just something about Ulduar that I loved.

FLEABttn

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
I'm in the same boat. I only get on to raid (we're on Singragosa) and honestly I'm not really excited about it. We lost some folks the weekend before last, so raids were canceled over last week so we could re-group. I signed on maybe once during that period. The rest of my gaming time went to SC2 beta.

I remember spending inhuman amounts of hours doing Ulduar hard modes, which were challenging but eventually began to wear me down. But even then I was generally excited about the game, searching for any tidbit I could find about ICC, future patches, etc. Now I barely go to mmo-champion, I don't know much of what's going on. ICC has some very fun fights, I'm just tired though.

Yeah, we're on Sindragosa as well. 3 weekends of a bad strat and people not paying attention followed by a weekend of raiding canceled cause of GDC and I'm just not feeling it anymore. It'll come back for the expac, but after LK dies, I'm probably going to take a hiatus to charge my batteries.

Plus I haven't sat down and had a console marathon since like 2003, which was fueled by this disinterest. Which then fuels the disinterest more. I'm playing shit out of back backlog years old.

Weenerz

Banned
Flib said:
Honestly, I enjoyed Ulduar the most out of any of these raids. Some cool fights in ICC, but there was just something about Ulduar that I loved.

The trash was pretty annoying, but the boss fights were pretty memorable.

Cipherr

Weenerz said:
The trash was pretty annoying, but the boss fights were pretty memorable.

The first pull of XT will live on forever as the biggest LOL moment of this expansion for me. Vent just roared after this bigass robot did that "OOooohh new toys for me?" in that childlike trembling voice. Damn I love that fight.

I'm currently doing the "The Defias Brotherhood" quest but can't find the messenger I'm suppose to kill anywhere. What gives? Some people tell me he's on a road between Moonbroke and the mines, others say s/he's in a house by the Deadmines. I keep going to both but s/he's not in any.

Tamanon

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:
I'm currently doing the "The Defias Brotherhood" quest but can't find the messenger I'm suppose to kill anywhere. What gives? Some people tell me he's on a road between Moonbroke and the mines, others say s/he's in a house by the Deadmines. I keep going to both but s/he's not in any.

He spawns in the mine and walks back and forth, it's annoying to find him since folks are generally gunning for him also.

border

Flying_Phoenix said:
Look up the quest on WoWHead.com or Thottbot.com.....or just turn on "Show Quest Objectives" on your map menu.

Kletian

And keep in mind that he spawns up there and walks the WHOLE way down to the Deadmines, making a pitstop at that cave in the quarry or whatever it is.

Well, we made to the LK on 10 man, finally got rid of Putricide in 25 man, aaaand the guild fell apart. Given that our server is kind of a joke anyway (still no one has downed 25 lk) I'm hanging up the daggers for good.

This brings me to my point. After pouring over the gaf's ToS, I couldn't find anything contradictory to asking about selling my wow account. I've heard of people doing it before, etc etc, but I didn't see any for sale on ebay and I'm well aware that it's a shady market. Has anyone here ever successfully done it, and if so what did you do? I'm pretty sure someone out there would be interested, and better someone uses my oh I'd say full year of work than it just lie fallow. It's got a 6k gearscore rogue, 2 vaguely geared 80's (dk and shaman), and a 78 priest that lost it just at the finish line. Rogue has a fairly desirable name, grabbed it because I happened to be looking at the server select screen when my server first came online. For that matter, I also have a character with the name Cataclysm on a different server. Any advice would be much appreciated.

NZNova

Finally killed the lich king last night. Only 10 man but still, was really cool to do it. (special mention must go to 2x crossbows with no hunters in the raid)

Xabora

Whatever this is...
j17ypd.jpg

I WANT IT!

Rapstah

Oh god, I'm not sure if I'm the bad person in this story, but ten minutes ago I was getting shit talked by a level 44 Tauren Druid on the docks in Booty Bay while he was waiting for the boat to Ratchet. I tried /hugging and /laughing and all that jive to get him to stop but he would just keep /spitting, so when the boat arrived I promptly followed him up to it and Mind Controlled him to jump off at the last moment. After spending five minutes laughing both in game and real life (I stayed in Booty Bay) he summoned a level 80 Warrior with 34k health to own me, but I survived the 1000+ hit and Levitate ran away from Booty Bay through the water.

After a couple of minutes I tried boarding the boat and was met by a level 70 Warrior, who hit me once taking away one third of my health, and I somehow hit him with Psychic Scream and jumped off the boat while he unwillingly travelled to Ratchet. D:

NZNova

Rapstah said:
Oh god, I'm not sure if I'm the bad person in this story, but ten minutes ago I was getting shit talked by a level 44 Tauren Druid on the docks in Booty Bay while he was waiting for the boat to Ratchet. I tried /hugging and /laughing and all that jive to get him to stop but he would just keep /spitting, so when the boat arrived I promptly followed him up to it and Mind Controlled him to jump off at the last moment. After spending five minutes laughing both in game and real life (I stayed in Booty Bay) he summoned a level 80 Warrior with 34k health to own me, but I survived the 1000+ hit and Levitate ran away from Booty Bay through the water.

After a couple of minutes I tried boarding the boat and was met by a level 70 Warrior, who hit me once taking away one third of my health, and I somehow hit him with Psychic Scream and jumped off the boat while he unwillingly travelled to Ratchet. D:

If only warriors had some way they could break fear. I'd say you were the victor in this story. :lol

NZNova

Flying_Phoenix said:
Why do I need to pay for my character to get transfered to another realm?

Because a) It's probably not an entirely automated process and b) ActiBlizz loves money. Oh, and probably c) it's a bit of a barrier to discourage moving quantities of gold around realms, escaping repercussions of bad behavior on your realm, etc etc.

Retro

Flying_Phoenix said:
I'm just kinda pist because the realm I signed up for has a "medium" population, but I want one that has a lot of people (so a "high" population).

Anything under level 30 or so isn't worth transferring. Start a new character.

Edit: I don't mean to sound so heartless... but really, it's not worth the money to transfer when you've just started. The leveling process will go faster.

Cipherr

Flying_Phoenix said:
I'm just kinda pist because the realm I signed up for has a "medium" population, but I want one that has a lot of people (so a "high" population).

Thats kind of the problem though. Most people feel just like you do, so the med pops dont get the people they need, population imbalances on the High pop servers get fueled, and the high pop servers end up with queues to log in and SHIT tons of lag because EVERYONE wants to play on a server with a High pop.

A lot of MMO's dont allow you to change servers at all. It really is a nice luxury, normally you are stuck on the server you started on, no way to change your name or anything without rerolling. They have added the faction and server transfers to get money for sure, but the cost also is a deterrent to people just jumping all over the place. You are supposed to care where you roll your character and level. Your not supposed to just willy nilly choose a server then bounce around in theory.

Bisnic

I wouldn't really suggest a realm that's often at a High population.

When Cataclysm will be released, you can expect huge queues to join these servers. No one wants to wait over 30 mins to log on their main server. Not to mention, the lag in Dalaran and Orgrimmar/Stormwind... Area 52 was fucking horrible on my undead priest when i was running around Dalaran near the Horde bank side, there's like 24k Horde players on that server.

If you want a website to get an ideal server, you can check http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php, although the numbers arent always accurate. Nazjatar surely have more than 866 alliances & 376 hordes. :lol

If the ratio numbers are red, don't trust the numbers too much.

Puncture said:
Thats kind of the problem though. Most people feel just like you do, so the med pops dont get the people they need, population imbalances on the High pop servers get fueled, and the high pop servers end up with queues to log in and SHIT tons of lag because EVERYONE wants to play on a server with a High pop.

A lot of MMO's dont allow you to change servers at all. It really is a nice luxury, normally you are stuck on the server you started on, no way to change your name or anything without rerolling. They have added the faction and server transfers to get money for sure, but the cost also is a deterrent to people just jumping all over the place. You are supposed to care where you roll your character and level. Your not supposed to just willy nilly choose a server then bounce around in theory.

I see. Thanks.

firex

You also aren't going to see lots of people while you're leveling, until you get closer to level 60. Then you should run into death knights and a few other characters (mostly people's alts) all the way through to 80, though you will really run into people in northrend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom