• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Goblins' flex animations are incredible:lol

The leap between WotLK and Cata is MASSIVE, even bigger than between TBC and WotLK. I hope they at least increase polygon count or anything, cause vanilla races look horrible in comparison.

Edit: Amir0x, if you want to see an example of visual difference between vanilla and WotLK compare the two nerubian models (click view in 3D):
Original nerubian model - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16184#.
WotLK nerubian model - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=34607#.

itxaka

Defeatist
So how do you guys cope with leveling?

I got one warrior on level 72 but I can't keep on leveling it for more that 30 minutes as it's really slow to level up, so I start alts like a madman.

I got a 18 paladin, a 30 priest, a 20 rogue and a 12 shaman. At this rate I am never gonna reach 80.

Any tips so I can do my leveling more enjoyable?

Xabora

itxaka said:
So how do you guys cope with leveling?

I got one warrior on level 72 but I can't keep on leveling it for more that 30 minutes as it's really slow to level up, so I start alts like a madman.

I got a 18 paladin, a 30 priest, a 20 rogue and a 12 shaman. At this rate I am never gonna reach 80.

Any tips so I can do my leveling more enjoyable?
58+ is smooth and should be.

Just relax, set a goal and stick to it. :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
CassSept said:
Goblins' flex animations are incredible:lol

The leap between WotLK and Cata is MASSIVE, even bigger than between TBC and WotLK. I hope they at least increase polygon count or anything, cause vanilla races look horrible in comparison.

Edit: Amir0x, if you want to see an example of visual difference between vanilla and WotLK compare the two nerubian models (click view in 3D):
Original nerubian model - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16184#.
WotLK nerubian model - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=34607#.

There's no picture on that Wotlk link though. :lol

Maybe that's better : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30276#screenshots:id=115100

nvm, i didnt see your "click view in 3d"

CassSept

Bisnic said:
There's no picture on that Wotlk link though. :lol
But there is a viewable 3D model? Reading posts ftw!

@itxaka: try continuing your 72 character. Diversify the experience, do some quests in different zones, perhaps do some PVP, perhaps some random dungeons. Once you get so far it's much more enjoyable than pre-outland stuff. mid-50s are the worst levels in the whole game right now, but I'm sure they will smooth it come Cataclysm.

JesseZao

CassSept said:
@itxaka: try continuing your 72 character. Diversify the experience, do some quests in different zones, perhaps do some PVP, perhaps some random dungeons. Once you get so far it's much more enjoyable than pre-outland stuff. mid-50s are the worst levels in the whole game right now, but I'm sure they will smooth it come Cataclysm.

Yeah I get alts through the 50s mostly with random dungeons and rested xp. I don't mind winterspring, but I'm not a fan of E/WPL or silithus at all.

Ashodin

Once you see it...

alq4ch.png

It brings me to a theory why Archimonde's skeleton is gone - it's been absorbed by the tree.

itxaka

Defeatist
CassSept said:
But there is a viewable 3D model? Reading posts ftw!

Yeah I know, quest are much more diverse and funny (especially the ones with vehicles!) but the leveling up is sometimes so slooooooooow. I don't get it as sometimes I level up blazing fast (like 250k in 20 minutes) but suddenly the few quests left are scattered around the map so it takes me 1 hour to get 100k XP and can't find anymore quest around.

When do I get the flying for northend? I hate going everywhere by land :lol

Fake edit: Also, any addons to show the castings bars? I read something about sexybars but can't find anymore info about it.

Real edit: I don't really like PVP a lot (Wintergrasp apart) and as I don't really know how to play well, dungeons put me off with all the winhers shouting at me, so I can't really diverse my gameplay a lot.

Hixx

itxaka said:
Yeah I know, quest are much more diverse and funny (especially the ones with vehicles!) but the leveling up is sometimes so slooooooooow. I don't get it as sometimes I level up blazing fast (like 250k in 20 minutes) but suddenly the few quests left are scattered around the map so it takes me 1 hour to get 100k XP and can't find anymore quest around.

When do I get the flying for northend? I hate going everywhere by land :lol

Fake edit: Also, any addons to show the castings bars? I read something about sexybars but can't find anymore info about it.

Real edit: I don't really like PVP a lot (Wintergrasp apart) and as I don't really know how to play well, dungeons put me off with all the winhers shouting at me, so I can't really diverse my gameplay a lot.

80 for flying. AZ Cast Bars is my favourite cast bar addon, very easy to set up and decently customisable.

If you're truly struggling to level, get the WoW-Pro addon. It makes levelling seriously trivial, 70-80 should take no more than 3-4 hours a level with it.

Any character 70 and above has epic flying. The tomes of CWF were a drop in the bucket.

CharacterSheet.jpg

Yes, I am an altaholic. When I get bored with raiding, I try a new class. "Fef" is my bank alt. Yes, I am leveling my bank alt.

(Yes, I broke your browser's table.)

Xabora

keeblerdrow said:
Any character 70 and above has epic flying. The tomes of CWF were a drop in the bucket.

th_CharacterSheet.jpg

Yes, I am an altaholic. When I get bored with raiding, I try a new class. "Fef" is my bank alt. Yes, I am leveling my bank alt.

(Yes, I broke your browser's table.)
Snazzy Server I see. :eek:

BTW, you didn't break my Table. ;)

One is abandoned. I had an 80 rogue, too much money and too little sense at one point. So I transferred over a rogue I already had at 80 but on a server where I had little to no contacts. I've been waiting for a free transfer period to free up that slot for something else... Maybe a shaman.

burgerdog

Can't wait until they lift the NDA on the Alpha(or I guess I should say Beta since that's when they have lifted the NDA in the past.) It's so hard having to keep all the details to yourself, but it's a small price to pay for getting to play this early.

Xabora

burgerdog said:
Can't wait until they lift the NDA on the Alpha(or I guess I should say Beta since that's when they have lifted the NDA in the past.) It's so hard having to keep all the details to yourself, but it's a small price to pay for getting to play this early.
Thats true, iirc I'm on a wait list somewhere in the blue offices.

Puck

Banned
Amir0x said:
I cannot believe I'm saying this but...

...my fiancee got me World of Warcraft as a gift for building my new PC (I guess because she heard about how popular it was... I don't like MMORPGs) but damn it, I'm playing it and I'm slowly getting addicted.

I just wish there was some way to enhance the visuals. They're so dated :(

WoWScrnShot_050810_092731.jpg
quite while you can!

[quoter]I guess Blizzard wasn't kidding about larger health pools in Cataclysm:[/quoted]
so obvious that they give bad unskilled friends family good gear because it is a fun time

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Puck said:
quite while you can!

[quoter]I guess Blizzard wasn't kidding about larger health pools in Cataclysm:[/quoted]
so obvious that they give bad unskilled friends family good gear because it is a fun time
You might actually be right about that, out of curiosity I armory'd that night elf warrior and they were in ulduar/toc on live servers. but in full ICC gear in that alpha pic.

J-Rzez

Amir0x said:
I cannot believe I'm saying this but...

...my fiancee got me World of Warcraft as a gift for building my new PC (I guess because she heard about how popular it was... I don't like MMORPGs) but damn it, I'm playing it and I'm slowly getting addicted.

Well, looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of you in here, and a lot less elsewhere once the hooks set into you. :lol

A shame you went with the inferior faction though :p

Yes, the game is fugly at times, then gets "meh" in the outlands, then "ok" in Wrath. The armor model quality gets better, the style is up to your taste really. The engine itself is ran down. It's super old now, and I'm not sure I'd expect drastic changes come Cata. It's the content and quality of gameplay that pushes this game beyond every other MMO to be honest.

Those goblin animations are hilarious. They make the Belf/Dran look dated even, and of course, the vanilla races are an insult. I hope they put some attention into the other races.

No dance animations for the goblins yet huh? I hope they don't use that old costume dance for the goblins. I have a gut feeling we'll be seeing "Caramelldansen" or whatever for the female worgen. Going to make a female goblin rogue and lock no doubt. But their totems are awesome too lol.

J-Rzez

Xabora said:

That's fine and all, but I want to see some way better textures (on toons, weapons, armor), and way better spell effects. When that happens, and they stop stuff like recycling the crusader proc for stuff for example, then color me impressed. In fact, at the rate they recycle stuff, why didn't they recycle stuff barely used like Executioner? Besides, I'm building a new killer machine before this launches, want to get the most out of it. Mine still runs the game really well maxed out, but it's pretty dated for other games now. :(

Did you find any other emotes or dance animations for the new races besides the awesome flex stuff Xab?

Belfast

The real weirdness is when you're flying around in the alpha client past Wetlands or Silverpine Forest and then you get to Gilneas, whose geometry and texturing makes it looke like a Wrath zone. You can really tell the difference as to where the art style started to evolve, and while the old stuff doesn't look ugly, per se, it is sort of incongruent.

Part of me hopes that there are a lot of terrain changes in store for old zones that haven't been implemented yet, but the rest of me knows that isn't going to be the case.

Hixx

J-Rzez said:
That's fine and all, but I want to see some way better textures (on toons, weapons, armor), and way better spell effects. When that happens, and they stop stuff like recycling the crusader proc for stuff for example, then color me impressed. In fact, at the rate they recycle stuff, why didn't they recycle stuff barely used like Executioner? Besides, I'm building a new killer machine before this launches, want to get the most out of it. Mine still runs the game really well maxed out, but it's pretty dated for other games now. :(

Did you find any other emotes or dance animations for the new races besides the awesome flex stuff Xab?

WotLK weapon and armour textures are actually pretty good imo (if you have the high res textures enabled ofcourse).

nataku

Belfast said:
The real weirdness is when you're flying around in the alpha client past Wetlands or Silverpine Forest and then you get to Gilneas, whose geometry and texturing makes it looke like a Wrath zone. You can really tell the difference as to where the art style started to evolve, and while the old stuff doesn't look ugly, per se, it is sort of incongruent.

Part of me hopes that there are a lot of terrain changes in store for old zones that haven't been implemented yet, but the rest of me knows that isn't going to be the case.

This is what I'm most worried about. The zones they mostly leave alone will look so out of place compared to the stuff they changed. Just look at that Dustwallow Marsh picture a few pages back compared to the new Blasted Lands picture released at the exact same time. They look like they're from completely different games.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:

No, I dont even have the client atm since I wont touch it until.. well yeah.
Just been browsing and collecting what stuff other people post.

There is... this...
11rc2v5.gif

These were posted last night:

Mirk

So how many people play on Mal'ganis here?
toons.jpg

crappy pic best the netbook at work can do :p

Used to be human, but after every Alliance Guild left. My guild transferred Horde. I really hope Blizzard tries to fix server balance. Mal'ganis is in a sad state for ally right now :(

markot

Banned
Most pvp servers seem to be Horde dominated >.<

Blackrock is like 3:1 at least Horde to alliance...

Whats stupid is that Blizz hasnt really commented on upgrading the old race models, even though they need them so bad >.>...

JesseZao

markot said:

Whats stupid is that Blizz hasnt really commented on upgrading the old race models, even though they need them so bad >.>...

Sargeras is at least balanced, if not in the alliance's favor.

markot said:

Last comment they made about redesigning the old races was from a WarCry interview back in November.

J. Allen Brack said:
Yes, that's definitely something we want to do, but I don't know if we want to do it by Cataclysm. It's something we struggle with - how much of the game do we want to change at any one time? Especially if it's with the characters, since players identify their characters with themselves, and get attached to how they look, so we get into really serious trouble when we fix a weird bug with blinking or change a small animation with how players move, or tiny things like that. Even though things would be better with new models, we'd probably spark a lot of player outrage. So we've talked about giving players a choice between the classic models or the new ones, but it might not be something we want to take on at the same time as we remake Azeroth.

Again, this was back in November 2009 so who knows if they've decided to do it.

Gattsu25

Banned
Well. I hit level 50 for the first time.

I have an Undead Warrior called Neceri on Mal'Ganis. Unfortunately, it was on my brother's account so I can't use it.

notworksafe said:
Ha I love those names! Of course maybe my judgement isn't the best...

http://i39.tinypic.com/10f8kgn.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

:|

Anyway, I'm all about the theme names myself. Started with a hunter called Mcgarnagle, rolled a priest called Mcgankable, then a druid called Mcgoldilocks (now Mcgoldipipe for reasons that are hard to explain) and now a frost mage called Mcglacial.

I love that all but the first are unique across all realms, too.

Xtyle

So, my story of wow is this:
Warrior tank for life!
Tanked most everything in WoTLK. Though guild broke up during Mimiron times and I moved on with other guilds and took a break. Came back before ICC's release and tanked all 10 man bosses up to LK though guild can't down it. most ppl can't get on consistently....
got pretty far in 25 man...though haven't downed all bosses and haven't done any hard mode but I felt like I have seen most of it. Got tired of tanking...it's true, tanks aren't as appreciated as they should be. Took over a month break and seriously thinking that was it for me...but somehow I got back to check things out. Quit the old guild though. I don't know I should be sticking to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom