• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interfectum

notworksafe said:
For Heroic 5's I never bother with GS. As long as someone is 80, that's good enough for me. I do about 4k DPS as a tank so I can help carry anyone as long as the healer is good.

I don't often give lowbies gold, but I will sometimes. Usually I send them on a chore or something for it. Perhaps it's not the nicest thing ever, but I find it kinda funny.

I think GS bitching is becoming less and less in heroics for the simple fact that it's easier to suck it up and run with a person with a bad GS than to sit in town begging for someone with a high GS to chain heroics. :lol

Cataclysm is going to be insane though. I can't wait to see what the requirements are for 5mans initially... especially if there is CC involved. :lol

Alex

End game isn't the problem. Blaming the quick and easy introductory period of the WoW end game, when it's really so obscenely progressive compared to the rest of the genre seems really disingenuous when you could just blame it on the stupids! Much better route to go down, I find.

Good gear is only a direct link to throughput when you're playing your class at it's maximum potential. A somewhat rare thing for any person who is present in one of these PUGs to be doing.

The player base will find something stupid to do every time because the player base, at large, is stupid, the same way it is in every single popular online title ever made.

Best way around the issue? Find a guild, should be easier than ever to get a solid 10 man guild in Cataclysm it seems like. Maybe they should work on an in-game guild tool, too, to get people together. Like an interactive bulletin board system, where you can post wanted ads, hold evaluation runs, etc. Not too different from whats generally done now but in-game and with some mechanics behind it.

Milpool

Angry Grimace said:
They should make it so my Rivendare's Deathcharger can fly in Cataclysm.

It's the only truly rare mount I own but I only really use it in Dalaran where I can't fly.

32 Baron kills and no drop :'[

Though I have both the blue and green proto-drakes so I can't complain, the annoying thing about them is they have no real landing animation and the point what triggers a landing seems way below you, so I just suddenly stick to the ground about 20ft below me while I'm flying around.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Alex said:
End game isn't the problem. Blaming the quick and easy introductory period of the WoW end game, when it's really so obscenely progressive compared to the rest of the genre seems really disingenuous when you could just blame it on the stupids! Much better route to go down, I find.

Good gear is only a direct link to throughput when you're playing your class at it's maximum potential. A somewhat rare thing for any person who is present in one of these PUGs to be doing.

The player base will find something stupid to do every time because the player base, at large, is stupid, the same way it is in every single popular online title ever made.

Best way around the issue? Find a guild, should be easier than ever to get a solid 10 man guild in Cataclysm it seems like. Maybe they should work on an in-game guild tool, too, to get people together. Like an interactive bulletin board system, where you can post wanted ads, hold evaluation runs, etc. Not too different from whats generally done now but in-game and with some mechanics behind it.
EXACTLY!

End game has always been about epeen for the "hardcore" raiders. Going all the way back to EQ and early WoW, end game raiding meant having essentially done the content a good number of times and geared up BEFORE doing the content with the core raiders. It has nothing to do with "we have to do it 5 million times and so we want to do it as quickly as possible". It's about the path to least resistance and for these guys it doesn't matter if it's end game raiding or soloing from 1-80.

don't blame the end game... the end game could be 180° different but as long as there is a carrot and a stick, the crowd we're talking about wants to keep chasing that carrot with as little effort spent as possible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Milpool said:
32 Baron kills and no drop :'[

Though I have both the blue and green proto-drakes so I can't complain, the annoying thing about them is they have no real landing animation and the point what triggers a landing seems way below you, so I just suddenly stick to the ground about 20ft below me while I'm flying around.
I can't get the green one because when I went to do the Frenzyheart/Oracles questline, the Wolvar never offered me the quest to poke the baby gorillas and then he dissapeared after I finished the first quest and then there werent' any more quests.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Xabora said:
Monocles are now the sole tracker of gearscore.
Without a monocle and a dapper outfit, never expect to get into raids.

1znlfo3.jpg

Milpool

Angry Grimace said:
I can't get the green one because when I went to do the Frenzyheart/Oracles questline, the Wolvar never offered me the quest to poke the baby gorillas and then he dissapeared after I finished the first quest and then there werent' any more quests.

That exact thing happened to me, but I can't remember how I sorted it out. I vaguely remember mentioning it in this thread though that must be over a year ago.

Have you tried speaking to the wolvar in the middle of the camp and asking for a new helper?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Milpool said:
That exact thing happened to me, but I can't remember how I sorted it out. I vaguely remember mentioning it in this thread though that must be over a year ago.

Have you tried speaking to the wolvar in the middle of the camp and asking for a new helper?
The problem was that Goregek (the Wolvar that gives you the quest) didn't have a quest. I still had him but he didn't even offer me the second quest (the FH questline always gives you two quests at at time to complete, in this case, the poking the softknuckles quest). A lot of people had problems reacquiring the quest because they didnt' take the quest and then lost Goregek, but I still had him and he didn't have the quest.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Looks like one of the two remaining talented Alliance progression guilds transferred off my server, making the horde to alli imbalance even worse than it already was. It seems a lot of the PvP servers have a disproportionately high number of horde. I wonder if / how Blizz would address it. Free server transfers to fix imbalances don't seem to pop up as much as they used to.

Alex

I'm going to Horde BECAUSE of Worgen!

Well, because of Goblins, but Worgen certainly don't challenge my decision, ugh, they're so fucking hideous looking.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
water_wendi said:
Worgen will fix the Horde overpopulation.
Our RP realm firmly believes that Worgen will be a flavour of the month race. Alliance will certainly get a boost, but it won't be as everlasting as it was compared to Blood Elves.

On other realms I can somewhat see it lasting a bit longer, perhaps their racials are better for PVP and such, but who the hell wants to be another human who can turn into a werewolf?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
speedpop said:
Our RP realm firmly believes that Worgen will be a flavour of the month race. Alliance will certainly get a boost, but it won't be as everlasting as it was compared to Blood Elves.
Maybe you are right but i see this being much the same as Belfs. i guess it all depends on how the female Worgen look :lol That picture that Xabora posted is ridiculous :lol

2i0oxh.jpg

speedpop

Trust me when I say this, the Goldshire Inn is currently filled with 40% female Night Elves, 40% female Draenei, and 20% male Humans. I am expecting the place to be filled with nothing but Worgen come Cataclysm.

Majority of the females will have a penis, both the character and the player in control.

speedpop said:
Trust me when I say this, the Goldshire Inn is currently filled with 40% female Night Elves, 40% female Draenei, and 20% male Humans. I am expecting the place to be filled with nothing but Worgen come Cataclysm.

Majority of the females will have a penis, both the character and the player in control.

Remember when things like the Deeprun Tram incident were worthy enough to make headlines on the fansites? Funny how much things change.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i'm seeing two wow.exe processes while running the PTR. is that normal?

it came up while i was playing. it also will come up when i type in a random email and password.

doesn't do it for the live game.

firex

still disappointed at Engineering not getting enough cool stuff. on the other hand, my paladin gets to make sunglasses for all my characters. And who knows, maybe the fist weapons won't be vanity items.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
speedpop said:
A quick 2 minute tour of Goldshire on an RP realm.
Not that i didnt believe you.. i just did not know it was that crazy there :lol

My 2 minute exploration. Got tells right away for "erp".. which im just guessing is Erotic Role Play. i think i might make a DK on a RP realm just to thrash Goldshire :lol
e1412w.jpg

J-Rzez

That is just flat out creepy ass shit right there. If there's a place like that within the horde side of things, I've never seen it.

Retro

J-Rzez said:
That is just flat out creepy ass shit right there. If there's a place like that within the horde side of things, I've never seen it.

Apparently sex with green men is inappropriate, but rape and incest are still on the table. Oh, and bestiality when Cataclysm hits, I guess.

Also, I am sad that I know what some of the terminology is (vore, futa, etc). Why the fuck do I know these things?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's more sad is that 95% of these female toons in Goldshire Inn are actually male players.

Enjoy flirting with other guys, guys.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Xabora said:
Would be fun to get 30+ people and crash the goldshire party with random stuff. :lol
There were only a couple high level people around. i think ill make a horde DK to have fun in RP server Goldshires :lol

speedpop

J-Rzez said:
I've never created a toon to check it out, but apparently Silvermoon City is the place to hang your penis out.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
there's going to be a new dalaran token and dragon's eye equivalent in cata right? no one seems to be selling them anyone on my server and i was on a few month hiatus

mileS

firex said:
still disappointed at Engineering not getting enough cool stuff. on the other hand, my paladin gets to make sunglasses for all my characters. And who knows, maybe the fist weapons won't be vanity items.

powerful mechanical bows and crossbows sounds cool

arhra

keeblerdrow said:
You do realize all of this goes down on non-PvP RP servers, right?
Goldshire is alliance territory, so pvp/pve server wouldn't really matter anyway :(

(I play on an RP-PVP server, and on my orc rogue i've occasionally found couples in the Goldshire inn (in various states of undress, and emoting incomprehensibly), and been incredibly annoyed that i couldn't gank them).

DeathNote said:
there's going to be a new dalaran token and dragon's eye equivalent in cata right? no one seems to be selling them anyone on my server and i was on a few month hiatus
Yeah, check the professions preview that was posted a page or two back, it mentions new Cata JD dailies and the Dragon's Eye equivalent (Chimera's Eyes, i think they were called).

mclem

Xabora said:
Would be fun to get 30+ people and crash the goldshire party with random stuff. :lol

"Good morning, barkeep. City militia here. We've had reports of a brothel operating in this area"

Retro

Belfast said:
Found these weird things while walking around Org on the PTR:

WoWScrnShot_051310_023308-300x168.jpg

Bigger: http://lorehound.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/WoWScrnShot_051310_023308.jpg

Someone set us up the bomb. Seriously. Those are for the Cata launch event. If I remember correctly, you have to run through the city disarming bombs left by cultists and eventually infiltrate their organization as a double agent. I think. It was datamined months ago.

But yeah, I recognize the doodad.

Belfast

Retro said:
Someone set us up the bomb. Seriously. Those are for the Cata launch event. If I remember correctly, you have to run through the city disarming bombs left by cultists and eventually infiltrate their organization as a double agent. I think. It was datamined months ago.

But yeah, I recognize the doodad.

Weird thing is I didn't find any in Stormwind or anything, just Org.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom