• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perspicacity said:
Probably too late at this point, but when you first call it'll ask you if you want to go through the automated system. Just select things close to your problem, then it'll ask you if the solution they provided helped (it won't), hit no and then you'll be immediately sent to the front of the line.

Damn, I should have done it. Didn't know that was an easy way to get to the front of the line. :lol

Anyway, after sitting through the entire 1 hour and 10 minute wait, I finally got a hold of a rep who told me that even though the hacker bought a 1 month subscription with a credit card that wasn't mine, I still have to pay the charge. Complete crap that I have to do that.

So I still get screwed in the end.

Alex

I always thought Death Knight, especially Unholy, was a bit too spammy, so for my tastes, it's good. Everything kind of blew together and any "fun stuff" was really very vague and minor in reality due to the GCD consumption.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Beta isn't so far away!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24702406285&sid=1

Get those opt-ins ready for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm closed beta! The sundering of Azeroth is nigh, and you don’t want to be left out in the cold of Northrend when you could be enjoying the sun-drenched beaches on the goblin isle of Kezan. To ensure you’re opted-in and eligible as a potential candidate, you’ll need a World of Warcraft license attached to your Battle.net account, have your current system specifications uploaded to the Battle.net Beta Profile Settings page, and have expressed interest through the franchise-specific check boxes.

So get your opt-ins set up, updated, and ready; we're worgen real hard to get the beta going soon!

Link: https://www.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.xml

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HarryDemeanor said:
Damn, I should have done it. Didn't know that was an easy way to get to the front of the line. :lol

Anyway, after sitting through the entire 1 hour and 10 minute wait, I finally got a hold of a rep who told me that even though the hacker bought a 1 month subscription with a credit card that wasn't mine, I still have to pay the charge. Complete crap that I have to do that.

So I still get screwed in the end.
muahahaha

Don't like you would have bought that sub anyways.

Angry Grimace said:
muahahaha

Don't like you would have bought that sub anyways.

Well yeah, I bought a 2-month game card when I went to sub again to find out that he put one on my account. Still sucks that I have to pay that charge.

CassSept

I've resubscribed and god damn, people are really going crazy this time with gearscore requirements.
5.3k+ for Onyxia 25? 5.5k+ for ICC10? With easier availability of gear did people really went THAT insane:lol ?

J-Rzez

Bisnic said:

One page too late :p

I still never understood why they're changing the rune system. I don't understand why they have to fix something that isn't broke. Yeah, the rotations were tight, but rewarding once you got them down. Were people just so damn bad at the game they couldn't do the rotations fast enough? If so, that's pathetic.

CassSept said:
I've resubscribed and god damn, people are really going crazy this time with gearscore requirements.
5.3k+ for Onyxia 25? 5.5k+ for ICC10? With easier availability of gear did people really went THAT insane:lol ?

Best part is, as the ICC buff gets bigger, the gs requirements for people increases at the same time for these pugs.

markot

Banned
Ive seen people ask for GS for the random daily >_<

I dont think they were joking either...

Like the moron healers in uber gear who refuse to heal an instance if the tank has less than 30k hp or some crap >_> you might actually need to pay attention!

firex

Angry Grimace said:
It isn't really "complicated" though as-is. Especially not for Plate DPS.

Mostly because the socket bonuses are extremely obvious.
Yeah, I just mean if they put in good socket bonuses, they could make it so there's an incentive to match sockets on most gear.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like special procs/bonuses for matching sockets on sets.

J-Rzez said:
I still never understood why they're changing the rune system. I don't understand why they have to fix something that isn't broke. Yeah, the rotations were tight, but rewarding once you got them down. Were people just so damn bad at the game they couldn't do the rotations fast enough? If so, that's pathetic.
My guess is they're changing how runes work because 1) they don't like how DK plays now and 2) they want to make the "haste affects rune recharge times" bullet point meaningful. Maybe they also want to make runic power work more like rage for warriors, but I don't know.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
Yeah, I just mean if they put in good socket bonuses, they could make it so there's an incentive to match sockets on most gear.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like special procs/bonuses for matching sockets on sets.

My guess is they're changing how runes work because 1) they don't like how DK plays now and 2) they want to make the "haste affects rune recharge times" bullet point meaningful. Maybe they also want to make runic power work more like rage for warriors, but I don't know.
The problem is, the new rune system really just sounds like it should be three energy bars (and I presume addons will be developed to illustrate the runes as such).

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
The problem is, the new rune system really just sounds like it should be three energy bars (and I presume addons will be developed to illustrate the runes as such).
Not a bad idea but it would lead to DK having a huge unitframe. Hp bar, RP bar, and three rune bars.

After successful bitching they have taken the charge off and I can now login. Through a compromise they docked me 20 days as compensation for the lost millions. Oh well.

J-Rzez

firex said:

I thought they said RP would still be a "dump" in PVE? How hard would it have been to have haste play a part now? The system wasn't broke, and they're trying to fix it. I seriously can't possibly imagine people being that bad to not being able to pull off the rotations. There was some "fun stuff" thrown in there too, via using AMS to your advantage of gaining RP.

I'm not sure how this is going to pan out, I guess we shall see.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Not a bad idea but it would lead to DK having a huge unitframe. Hp bar, RP bar, and three rune bars.
Have you seen what people's UI's look like these days? :lol

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
Have you seen what people's UI's look like these days? :lol

I was just typing that in. I've seen some of the most hideous, intrusive, gaudy UI add-ons in people's screen shots, and they love it. It looks like they're playing DDR during WoW. I like the cleaner look myself, but it's alarming how many people love to have shit all over their screen flashing at them. I guess it makes them feel 1337 and skilled or something. People talk like you can't play the game without them.

Yeah, I've tried multiple UI setups in the past after looking at some great looking ones in the UI threads on the WoW forums. I just keep coming back to the old plain UI for some reason.

Of course you see UIs like this every once in a while...

wsv19v.jpg

arhra

firex said:
Anyway, I like a lot of their proposed changes to JC. If I have it right, there's basically 3 "pure" stats for the primary gems, so this probably reduces the amount of options on the mixed color gems, but it also means less token farming to get useful cuts. At least I really hope so...

If I have it right, then in Cataclysm it'll break down like this:
Red - Str, Agi, Int
Blue - Sta, Spi, Hit
Yellow - Crit, Mastery, Haste

There might be another rating that I'm missing, but it looks like they just made it so Red is primary dps, blue is longevity/sustainability (if you want to count stamina as longevity for tanks), and yellow is supporting stats. Unless they're actually keeping ArP and other ratings on gems, in which case I'll cry because JC dailies are incredibly tedious.
You're missing a few - unless they change them, there's also dodge/parry/expertise on red (wouldn't be too surprised to see exp maybe switch to yellow, or something).

Oh, and resilience on yellow.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
See that's a good UI because you can still see the shit you are hitting on.

I'm actually surprised to see such a well done Shaman UI, though my past memories of them are exactly stuck in the past.

firex

arhra said:
You're missing a few - unless they change them, there's also dodge/parry/expertise on red (wouldn't be too surprised to see exp maybe switch to yellow, or something).

Oh, and resilience on yellow.
I knew I was forgetting something. Well, I think they'll probably shuffle expertise to yellow, and/or do the same for dodge or parry rating. I wonder if they're going to finally add block rating gems now too. Probably not, but I kind of hope so.

Entropia said:
Haters to the left. Here's a proper UI:

Edit: It's actually slightly outdated. It doesn't have SexyCooldown

But see, that party frame, aside from being entirely unnecessary, provides way more shit than you would even use much less need to know. 435 buffs for every member? Castbars the size of the health bars?

Other than that, your UI is fine with me as it's just a fancier looking version of the default UI. The only thing I really like there that I hate about Blizzard's UI is Bartender (or whatever people use these days). Side Bars are fucking awful and should've been nixed for a design closer to that eons ago.

CassSept

I find party frames completely unnecessary, they just take too much of space on screen. Grid or whatever raid frame you want to use is really all you ever need.
I also don't see a point of leaving bag buttons isn't needed and they just look out of place in any custom UIs, left just for the heck of it. Onebag ftw!

Cipherr

Entropia said:
Haters to the left. Here's a proper UI:

19mcra.jpg

Edit: It's actually slightly outdated. It doesn't have SexyCooldown

What mod are you using for your buffs on the top right? That tooltip is all kinds of fucking awesome, and at what resolution did you take this screenshot?

The only part of using UI mods that I don't like is for the first week or so of any new major content patch, your WoW experience feels useless. Every patch there's always one key UI mod that doesn't update as quick as the others...

Entropia

No One Remembers
Puncture said:
What mod are you using for your buffs on the top right? That tooltip is all kinds of fucking awesome, and at what resolution did you take this screenshot?

The Tooltip addon is TipTac: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/tip-tac.aspx

The buff mod is Satrina's Buff Frame: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/satrina-buff-frame.aspx

Resoltuion: 1680x1050 (Wide)

freyjadour said:
But see, that party frame, aside from being entirely unnecessary, provides way more shit than you would even use much less need to know. 435 buffs for every member? Castbars the size of the health bars?

I don't find them unnecessary at all. I also find it important that the buffs/debuffs are showing up.

For the Castbars, I assume you mean the party ones? When not in combat, or they're casting a spell that's where their name would be. It lets me check out other people's rotations.

cassSept said:
I also don't see a point of leaving bag buttons isn't needed and they just look out of place in any custom UIs, left just for the heck of it. Onebag ftw!

Meh, it's what I'm used to at this point. I have my bags meticulously organized as well.

McNei1y

I think I'm going to hop back into wow when summer rolls in, just to give me something to do between the downtime of work and nights out. I'm also thinking about getting a new laptop. Anyone recommend a good type of laptop that could run the game on high settings in the range of 800-1000$ ? I'm also interested in it because of Cataclysm and the beta :D

McNei1y

CassSept said:
Gooble gobble, gooble gobble, one of us, one of us!
I've resubbed yesterday after four months. Feels good man :(

Resubbing always feels good man. I always get into the mood of making new toons whenever I resub.

It seems whenever I go back to my main, I'm always way behind. Last thing I found out was Gearscore and how big it was on my server. Its like I was always made fun of because it wasn't worthy of anything... even raids I farmed.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
trying to find a new server and or guild.

i gave up a few months ago and took a hiatus. right now my low pop server is having people from another xfer over. might find a good group of people.

on the other hand xfering to a high pop server with tons of guilds progressing would be nice. would Mal'Ganis be a bad idea. there's a lot of guilds recruiting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom