• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

So the Horde overpopulance is common? I think I noticed that too on my server. It's like for every Alliance, there's 5 Hordes I run across.

Interfectum

Evlar said:
On my server, it's the opposite. Alliance vastly outnumber Horde and we control Wintergrasp 80% of the time.

On shattered hand, the only time Alliance has WG is a couple hours on tuesdays after the reset. :lol

Askani

I've been running guild 10 and 25 ICC with what we call the JV group. They are a little more laid back and fun. Also a better time for me and my schedule. Anyway, the main raid didn't have enough regulars last night and they decided to run other stuff. so I tagged along. Did VoA 25 where I got a nice PvP ring I can really use. Ran a quick Sarth with no Drakes up for the weekly. No items there, but badges. Then we did ToC 25 where I got new mail bracers to replace the leather ones I was using.

The guild's "big-time" hunter was there too. I was only about 10% behind him all raid, and once I was actually above him. Pretty stoked since I just switched specs, still need some key upgrades like 2 more pieces for my 4 piece T10 bonus and a new ranged weapon.

Afterward, I joined up with the 10 man JV group and we went back to ICC. We extended our lockout and started at Sindragosa. Finally got her down and I got the pendant drop from her. Then we wiped on the Lich King a couple times, but at least we're there and some of us new people got to at least see the fight. We're going to try again on Saturday.

So all in all, was a really good night. 4 raids, 1 PvP upgrade, 2 PvE upgrades, killed a new boss and to the point we're ready to work seriously on the final boss, and my DPS is good.

Evlar said:
On my server, it's the opposite. Alliance vastly outnumber Horde and we control Wintergrasp 80% of the time.

My server owns the shit out of WG. I think we're 3-1 or 4-1 Alliance to Horde. Usually they have a minimum of 12-14 stacks of Tenacity. It's a real rarity for me to see WG controlled by the Horde more than one 2 hour window in a week.

firex

mileS said:
powerful mechanical bows and crossbows sounds cool
Yeah, but every time they claim engineering will be crafting something powerful, we just get entry-level raid gear that is easily outclassed by drops.

Fularu

Banned
firex said:
Yeah, but every time they claim engineering will be crafting something powerful, we just get entry-level raid gear that is easily outclassed by drops.

Engineering is currently the best profession, it's more OP than JC ever was so I fail to see why you would complain

Entropia

No One Remembers
Belfast said:
Found these weird things while walking around Org on the PTR:

WoWScrnShot_051310_023308-300x168.jpg

Bigger: http://lorehound.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/WoWScrnShot_051310_023308.jpg

Get used to that model, you'll see it a few times in Cata. :lol

I hit 82 last night! :D

firex

Fularu said:
Engineering is currently the best profession, it's more OP than JC ever was so I fail to see why you would complain
they must have really nerfed blacksmithing and JC then. Also engineering is a huge pain to level because there is so much junk I make that I can't even sell.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Entropia said:
Get used to that model, you'll see it a few times in Cata. :lol

I hit 82 last night!
:D
Reported to Blizzard for spoiling that you can get to level 82 in Cataclsym. Prepare to have your Alpha account suspended.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
they must have really nerfed blacksmithing and JC then. Also engineering is a huge pain to level because there is so much junk I make that I can't even sell.
Engineering is real cheap to level for me, but then again, I'm a gnome, and thorium stacks were 19g on my server.

Entropia

No One Remembers
firex said:

Some of the self-enchant items like the haste on gloves(is it?) thing is amazing for quite a few classes/specs.

Angry Grimace

Entropia said:
Some of the self-enchant items like the haste on gloves(is it?) thing is amazing for quite a few classes/specs.
Hyperspeed Accelerators are awesome. I just stack 'em with Icy Veins (or Gargoyle on my DK). Nitro Boosts are pretty damn useful too.

notworksafe

firex said:
Engineering is good, but not as good as in BC. Engineers don't make BiS items anymore like the goggles that were equivalent to T5. I got all my BiS stuff from Blacksmiths.

firex

Angry Grimace said:
Engineering is real cheap to level for me, but then again, I'm a gnome, and thorium stacks were 19g on my server.
Wait until you get near 450 and everything requires ridiculous amounts of mats for BoP/engineer only items so you have to spend a ton of gold just so you can vendor stuff. It needs a crafting overhaul as bad as BS/tailor/LW do.

Fularu

Banned
notworksafe said:
Engineering is good, but not as good as in BC. Engineers don't make BiS items anymore like the goggles that were equivalent to T5. I got all my BiS stuff from Blacksmiths.

Engineering is better than in BC by FAR. Who cares about what you can make, what matters is "what does it bring me" and it brings you the best DPS upgrade bar none.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
Wait until you get near 450 and everything requires ridiculous amounts of mats for BoP/engineer only items so you have to spend a ton of gold just so you can vendor stuff. It needs a crafting overhaul as bad as BS/tailor/LW do.
Gnomes get 15+ to Engineering. i.e. Gnomish Army knives are still yellow till 450.

My human DK also has Engineering at 446. I would get those last 4 levels, but there's literally no point anyways since the only thing you get with 450 Eng. is Jeeves, who I couldn't care less about (I don't even have the Jeeves pattern)

notworksafe

Fularu said:
Engineering is better than in BC by FAR. Who cares about what you can make, what matters is "what does it bring me" and it brings you the best DPS upgrade bar none.
Yeah but if you aren't DPS that's not too helpful. Of course I didn't pick the best professions for tanking either. I went mining for the stamina and enchanting for the money and ring enchants.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Yeah but if you aren't DPS that's not too helpful.
Reticulated Armor Webbing, bro. :lol And Runic Mana Injectors.

The REALLY expensive profession to level is Alchemy.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
Reticulated Armor Webbing, bro. :lol And Runic Mana Injectors.
Not as good as BS/JC though. Or Mining.

EDIT: Like I said, I didn't go that path. I'm just saying that those would be the most helpful imo.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Not as good as BS/JC though.
The game isn't hard enough to really require min/maxing to that point. Those T6 BiS helms were bullshit anyways.

Engineering is the most fun profession and it's worth it regardless of whatever "benefit" you get, imo.

Alex

Alchemy isn't expensive to level at all, are you kidding? Things must have changed a lot in the last year if it is, Alchemy cost me nothing to raise. Raising JC and Engy are what took a gigantic bite out of my wallet with the cruddy old world obscurities.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
The game isn't hard enough to really require min/maxing to that point. Those T6 BiS helms were bullshit anyways.

Engineering is the most fun profession and it's worth it regardless of whatever "benefit" you get, imo.
Yeah I have it on my Shaman and love the hell out of it for just the toys and bombs.

EDIT: And the extra Auction House.

J-Rzez

Quote from: Blizzard (Source)
Get those opt-ins ready for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm closed beta! The sundering of Azeroth is nigh, and you don’t want to be left out in the cold of Northrend when you could be enjoying the sun-drenched beaches on the goblin isle of Kezan. To ensure you’re opted-in and eligible as a potential candidate, you’ll need a World of Warcraft license attached to your Battle.net account, have your current system specifications uploaded to the Battle.net Beta Profile Settings page, and have expressed interest through the franchise-specific check boxes.

So get your opt-ins set up, updated, and ready; we're worgen real hard to get the beta going soon!

Hopefully a sign that FnF won't be running nearly as long, and that beta opens soon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
notworksafe said:
Yeah but if you aren't DPS that's not too helpful. Of course I didn't pick the best professions for tanking either. I went mining for the stamina and enchanting for the money and ring enchants.
Mind control attachment isn't bad with the newer stamina buff on it.

firex

Alchemy has been insanely cheap to level, but I also haven't gotten close to 450 yet on my alchemist alt so it might eventually get more expensive. I see now though that with the gnome engy spec it's easy to skip all the garbage, but it sucks being incapable of making anything good on my orc shaman to get the last 6 or so points I need. About all I like out of it is haste enchant for my gloves and parachute cloaks, and being able to gather stuff with the gas cloud thing. Well, and having an ilevel 200 epic helm at 72.

Anyway, I like a lot of their proposed changes to JC. If I have it right, there's basically 3 "pure" stats for the primary gems, so this probably reduces the amount of options on the mixed color gems, but it also means less token farming to get useful cuts. At least I really hope so...

If I have it right, then in Cataclysm it'll break down like this:
Red - Str, Agi, Int
Blue - Sta, Spi, Hit
Yellow - Crit, Mastery, Haste

There might be another rating that I'm missing, but it looks like they just made it so Red is primary dps, blue is longevity/sustainability (if you want to count stamina as longevity for tanks), and yellow is supporting stats. Unless they're actually keeping ArP and other ratings on gems, in which case I'll cry because JC dailies are incredibly tedious.

Alex

I dont recall needing anything near 450 for anything though, and I hit 450 just by making stuff for raids and whatnot. Flasks, etc.

May have changed though or I may just be confusing it with another profession too in this case.

firex

I'm going to say that engineering is probably better if you are a hunter (so you can use the weapons you craft) or a cloth/plate class just because the mail goggles seem shitty. They might be better in Cataclysm since the stat simplification will probably keep them from being so watered down (especially the caster ones, which I didn't even make because blues are better itemized for healing) but I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to screw it up.

I guess the big problem is, aside from glove enchants, you have to choose between useful or fun and you can't really have both. At least they tried a little with rocket boots and stuff.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
Alchemy has been insanely cheap to level, but I also haven't gotten close to 450 yet on my alchemist alt so it might eventually get more expensive. I see now though that with the gnome engy spec it's easy to skip all the garbage, but it sucks being incapable of making anything good on my orc shaman to get the last 6 or so points I need. About all I like out of it is haste enchant for my gloves and parachute cloaks, and being able to gather stuff with the gas cloud thing. Well, and having an ilevel 200 epic helm at 72.

Anyway, I like a lot of their proposed changes to JC. If I have it right, there's basically 3 "pure" stats for the primary gems, so this probably reduces the amount of options on the mixed color gems, but it also means less token farming to get useful cuts. At least I really hope so...

If I have it right, then in Cataclysm it'll break down like this:
Red - Str, Agi, Int
Blue - Sta, Spi, Hit
Yellow - Crit, Mastery, Haste

There might be another rating that I'm missing, but it looks like they just made it so Red is primary dps, blue is longevity/sustainability (if you want to count stamina as longevity for tanks), and yellow is supporting stats. Unless they're actually keeping ArP and other ratings on gems, in which case I'll cry because JC dailies are incredibly tedious.
Alchemy is ridiculously profitable, even more so when combined with Jewelcrafting.

Maybe I can even do something with the stacks of 20 Ametrines, Cardinal Rubies, etc. :lol someday

Gems DEFINETELY needed a reorg. At the moment, any slot that's not Red (or yellow for Mages, etc.) is just a waste. I also think that socket bonuses are INSANELY uninteresting.

What I'd really like to see is something like:

( )Red Socket
( )Blue Socket
( )Blue Socket
Socket Bonus: Chance to increase haste rating by X for 10 sec.
That kind of proc is interesting. +8 spell power is not an interesting socket bonus because it's simple math whether or not it's any good.

Alex said:
I dont recall needing anything near 450 for anything though, and I hit 450 just by making stuff for raids and whatnot. Flasks, etc.

May have changed though or I may just be confusing it with another profession too in this case.

You need 450 for Transmute: Epic Gem.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:
JC Procs and stuff

I actually like that idea as well. But, I think it should be on a limited number of pieces. Like the shoulders, chest or legs.

Heads already get a bonus with the meta socket, and Gloves are just bad anyways. :p

firex

The only thing that kind of sucks about how they're redoing gems for Cataclysm is now there's easy enough choices for gemming by spec. Like every warrior is going to do R:Str, Blue:Hit or Stam, Y:Whatever. And then there's basically just 9 options for orange/green/purple gems so it'll probably be more like Str + Str/whatever in all sockets for bonuses. Not that I really mind it, but it's funny how gemming just went from complicated to super easy. I guess that makes trolling on legendaries even simpler.

Hurray! I was just questing in Dragonblight on my Tauren Druid and was disconnected from the server. I then logged in to find my account was suspended or banned. No e-mail from Blizzard stating what I did and of course it had to happen the day after I come back to the game.

Just got the letter from them stating that my account was disabled for not paying $14.99. Problem is that I only buy game cards and have been since December 25, 2004. Guess this was the hacker's payback for getting the account back from him. He charged a free month so that's probably why. Time to call the billing department!

Angry Grimace

firex said:
The only thing that kind of sucks about how they're redoing gems for Cataclysm is now there's easy enough choices for gemming by spec. Like every warrior is going to do R:Str, Blue:Hit or Stam, Y:Whatever. And then there's basically just 9 options for orange/green/purple gems so it'll probably be more like Str + Str/whatever in all sockets for bonuses. Not that I really mind it, but it's funny how gemming just went from complicated to super easy. I guess that makes trolling on legendaries even simpler.
It isn't really "complicated" though as-is. Especially not for Plate DPS.

Mostly because the socket bonuses are extremely obvious.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I'm hoping Blizz is really curious to see how Cata runs on crappy laptops, that's about the only way I'm getting into the Beta.

VaLiancY

Blizzard Staff said:
The point is not that we want a DK to hit a yellow attack then sit around waiting until they can do something fun again.

The point is that we have no room to add anything to the DK rotation. If we wanted to add "clearcasting" style procs or cooldowns finishing sooner or runes regenerating sooner, we can't really do that because the DK doesn't have room in a very tight rotation to use those abilities. If you try and use your GCD on anything else, then the whole rotation collapses because then your runes aren't coming back at the right time or your diseases are expiring or whatever.

Imagine 1-4 are rotational abilities like Icy Touch and Blood Strike and F = "fun thing".

DK rotation today: 1233331233334123333123333
DK rotation in Cataclysm: 123333-F-12-F-33334123333-F-

So, the only difference is we're using a talent tree ability in between?

Akim

Banned
Damn...I may not even get in Alpha through the waitlist before beta starts. Do you think it'll still get me a beta invite?

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
So, the only difference is we're using a talent tree ability in between?
No, you will be attacking a lot less unless they drastically increase the amount of RP you receive.

GC came out and said, "you will not attack as often."

When GC says;

based on what he's said previously, he means,

DK rotation in Cataclysm: 1233 pause 33-F pause -12-F pause - 33 pause 34123 pause 333

It's a bit like sheet music without any notation.

Interfectum

To anyone playing the fnf cataclysm beta....

Without getting yourselves in trouble how is the questing compared to vanilla, bc, wotlk? Is it the same old MMO staples or has Blizzard mixed it up? If you can't answer, leave hints. :p

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
No, you will be attacking a lot less unless they drastically increase the amount of RP you receive.

GC came out and said, "you will not attack as often."

When GC says;

based on what he's said previously, he means,

DK rotation in Cataclysm: 1233 pause 33-F pause -12-F pause - 33 pause 34123 pause 333

It's a bit like sheet music without any notation.
From what I gathered its more like:

IT PS OB BS BS
wait
FS When you can
OB OB
FS When I can
/wank
D&D* PEST OB
wait
FS
OB OB

*D&D Now costs 1 blood rune

Instead of:
IT PS OB BS BS (FS Dump)
OB OB OB (FS Dump)
BS PEST OB OB (FS Dump)
OB OB OB (FS Dump)
Repeat from BS Pest

HarryDemeanor said:
Such a long wait time to get to a billing representative. Been in the line for over an hour.
Probably too late at this point, but when you first call it'll ask you if you want to go through the automated system. Just select things close to your problem, then it'll ask you if the solution they provided helped (it won't), hit no and then you'll be immediately sent to the front of the line.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
From what I gathered its more like:

IT PS OB BS BS
wait
FS When you can
OB OB
FS When I can
/wank
D&D* PEST OB
wait
FS
OB OB

*D&D Now costs 1 blood rune

Instead of:
IT PS OB BS BS (FS Dump)
OB OB OB (FS Dump)
BS PEST OB OB (FS Dump)
OB OB OB (FS Dump)
Repeat from BS Pest

I don't even get the concept of "there's no room for fun stuff!"

Killing Machine AND Rime are both "fun stuff" that proc somewhat randomly and get interspersed whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom