• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

I listened to that before. :lol I dont understand how on Earth people let themselves get caught up in this. It's like they just lack any real self-awareness or logic and are merely put here for our entertainment.

McNei1y

Alex said:
You didnt for WOTLK's beta.

Good to know, thanks. I hope its the same. I got lucky with Burning Crusade receiving it in one of the first waves but not for Wrath. I did get Wrath about a month before its actual invite.

Trying to make a Tauren Paladin, Troll Druid, and Goblin Shamang :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
HarryDemeanor said:
Looks like the entire thing is on YouTube as well. Only just a snippet of a 20 minute bitchfest. :lol

If anyone wants to listen to the ENTIRE thing from beginning to end... well... here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_23ENznBgU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxFZoVxWzE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ufNrFbulCs&feature=related
Thats amazing :lol i was always under the assumption that Needing for items that your other characters could use would be a total asshole thing to do if there were others in the party/raid that could use it. No need to get upset over it though. Just remove her from raid and dont group with them again.

Hey Guys. Just started up again. Wondering how much DPS I should be doing on Org's training dummy. I'm a 5.0K GS DK. Unholy, blood sub, no reaping. Elitist Jerks rotation. 4.2k dps after 6 minutes. I popped Gargoyle twice and no Army.

Hixx

half a moon said:
Hey Guys. Just started up again. Wondering how much DPS I should be doing on Org's training dummy. I'm a 5.0K GS DK. Unholy, blood sub, no reaping. Elitist Jerks rotation. 4.2k dps after 6 minutes. I popped Gargoyle twice and no Army.

That's about right considering the dummies are still bugged and one or two of the diseases only do 1 damage a tick on them.

Alex

water_wendi said:
Thats amazing :lol i was always under the assumption that Needing for items that your other characters could use would be a total asshole thing to do if there were others in the party/raid that could use it. No need to get upset over it though. Just remove her from raid and dont group with them again.

She sure did like to say bullshit.

Carm

My UI. I'm not happy about the health bars placement so may move it back down above the action bars again making a triangle type shape above them. I'll never understand people that play with UI's that look like flight sims.

UI.jpg

*Sigh* I'm at level 39 and this game is getting so boring. I'm tired of moving place to place and going through quests and dungeon crawling bores me. Is there any reason fo me to continue playing?

notworksafe

Flying_Phoenix said:
*Sigh* I'm at level 39 and this game is getting so boring. I'm tired of moving place to place and going through quests and dungeon crawling bores me. Is there any reason fo me to continue playing?
Don't like quests, don't like dungeons, and don't like moving? Probably not, then.

noisome07

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:

level with someone through RAF and see how you like it at 80

Flying_Phoenix said:
80 is pretty much running instances over and over to get better gear. You will probably hate it if you're bored of the game already.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
water_wendi said:
Well especially when it's really just a BoE item (that at the time was BiS for all of TBC).

Cipherr

Flying_Phoenix said:

I would agree with everyone else, sounds like it might not be your kinda game. It would intensify the closer you got to 80. Bail out!

Magnus

Just blew through BT in an hour with a world pug and demolished it for fun. Got a number of things I always wanted, including a Memento. Man, was I ever jonesing for that thing back in the day. Weird that it still means something to me. :lol

A Warglaive dropped too, and there was surprisingly no drama about it. Suramar-ians are polite and honorable.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Magnus said:
A Warglaive dropped too, and there was surprisingly no drama about it. Suramar-ians are polite and honorable.
Old server represent. Haven't been there since '06 though, but I do agree that there were many people on there who were quite chilled out.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Flying_Phoenix said:
Ugh alright I guess I'll quit.

I just HAD to buy Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Litch King!
I think what really helped me slog all the way to 80 my first time (no BoAs or gold from mains to help me) was having a guild with people I enjoyed chatting with.

I feel like the LFD has kinda killed your chances of finding friends in the game you enjoy playing with, since you're always just getting grouped with strangers from other servers.

J-Rzez

WSG weekend, stacked pre-mades where we win in 6mins = ultra-fast leveling wow. Never realized how much xp you can gain. 15k+ per win goes a long ways in your 30's.

J-Rzez

Akim said:
Ahh I wasn't even on the waitlist for F&F. I just got submitted.

Anyone have a guess on what my chances are here?

About as good as anyone else's at this point I believe. It's not a first come first serve, I believe it'll be random. Not sure if you get preference if you were in the other betas or not.

Rapstah

Is there any way to make WoW run on two screens and move the UI to efficiently use that space? I'm stuck with a 1280*1024 screen (or, well, two) and I feel like my UI's using as much of it as I can afford right now.

Jrmint

Woot just got Crusader title on my second 80.

I know it is easy per say and anyone can get it, but that takes a hell of a lot of time and effort, so I will wear that title with pride.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Skel said:

I know it is easy per say and anyone can get it, but that takes a hell of a lot of time and effort, so I will wear that title with pride.

Ugh, doing it that once was bad enough!

JesseZao

Skel said:

You savor that pride!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Skel said:
Yea I know, but I figured having that Argent Squire and Tabard to teleport me to NR would be pretty nice to have in Cata on 2 characters.
Why would you have any reason to go to Northrend in Cataclysm?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Angry Grimace said:
Why would you have any reason to go to Northrend in Cataclysm?
That squire will be useful as hell while leveling.

Is there ANY other rep farm that gives you something that is that useful at any level? Like other than a mount or title, but something that has actual utility.

Angry Grimace

Door2Dawn said:
because northrend is the only place to level at level 70+?
I'm pretty sure you have to already be in Northrend and level 78+ to get the Crusader title.

sykoex said:

Is there ANY other rep farm that gives you something that is that useful at any level? Like other than a mount or title, but something that has actual utility.
Other than some enchants, not really.

Cipherr

Yeah the squire and the traveling mammoth is a must for everyone main who will be playing Cata imo. Always having a repair, bank, mail and place to sell junk loot clogging your inventory without having to fly/port back to town is incredibly useful when grinding levels.

So, last night our small guild attempted ICC10, and cleared the first wing and got to Festergut before we called it a night.

So much fun. We were all surprised at how well we did, since nobody had ever done it before. :lol Surprisingly, our most wipes was on Marrowgar (with 2)

Gonna continue on tonight to see if we can get the Plagueworks wing down. :D

Jrmint

sykoex said:

Exactly.

As for wanting to go to Northrend. They have said Dal will continue to be the hub city, so I can have my hearth set wherever I am leveling and then teleport very close to Dal whenever I need to go there.

Oh my, Lagaran still the main hub? I have three gigs of memory in this thing and still it lags around for minutes before I can start doing anything there. For all the boringness of Shattrath, it kept people far enough from each other.

Also, I don't see the point of a common hub city when the entire theme of the expansion is restarting the war. "Oh Garrosh, have fun slaughtering those Alliance, meanwhile I'm gonna go stand peacefully side by side with a bunch of humans in the bank in Dalaran".

JesseZao

SiegfriedFM said:
Oh my, Lagaran still the main hub? I have three gigs of memory in this thing and still it lags around for minutes before I can start doing anything there. For all the boringness of Shattrath, it kept people far enough from each other.

Also, I don't see the point of a common hub city when the entire theme of the expansion is restarting the war. "Oh Garrosh, have fun slaughtering those Alliance, meanwhile I'm gonna go stand peacefully side by side with a bunch of humans in the bank in Dalaran".

Yeah! I was hoping they'd beef up the main cities with new trainers and such. Hub cities are played out, bring back the war!

Haha, someone was able to get into the Cataclysm F&F boards by use of the PTR accounts they create to test the Real ID feature. Unfortunately for us they fixed it and now we can't access them anymore. Thanks to someone on the Cataclysm wiki IRC chat, they archived quite a few threads and passed it around to people.

Someone did tell me of one neat little tidbit they found while looking through those archives. Troll Warlocks was confirmed by Ghostcrawler and should have all the quests/trainers implemented in the next build. So, I'm guessing this means that Dwarf Warlocks aren't a mistake either.

J-Rzez

I hope they only give invites out to active users this time. That way people who don't play don't waste an invite by either not using it, not really "testing" it, or by selling it.

If dwarves have locks, I wonder how they're going to change around their racials. They're not exactly "that" good for locks, unlike Trolls right?

J-Rzez said:
If dwarves have locks, I wonder how they're going to change around their racials. They're not exactly "that" good for locks, unlike Trolls right?

They're probably going to make the old racials more in line with what Goblins and Worgen have now. Something that doesn't have benefits for just a couple classes like the Orc pet racial, but something that can be of use to all classes.

Nymerio

All this cataclysm stuff got me playing again. I'm currently raf-ing a drood. I just haven't decided yet if I'm gonna keep playing him after I hit 60 or if I continue with my warrior. I really love healing (not so much since wotlk, too easy) but after having played a paladin to 80 it just sucks going back to a non tank class. It's just too convenient to have instant invites to the random dungeons.

Any euro gaffers playing?

Evlar

Banned
half a moon said:
I've been trying to make a hotkey system. I only use 1 through = and clicks. On those A1 and S1 hotkeys to you press 'a' and '1' and the same time?
I'm not familiar with his toolbar mod, but if it labels hotkeys in the same manner as Bartender, the 'A1' would mean Alt-1, and 'S1' would mean Shift-1.

DarkJC

I used to be into creating fancy UIs but I got annoyed with them breaking after every major patch, especially after an expansion. Now I just stick to the vanilla UI with maybe a unit frames mod and then small ones like a damage/threat meter and cooldown count etc.

Arment

Been thinking about re-activating for a bit. Haven't played since Ulduar came out. Is there a server that GAF plays on primarily? Been on Mal'Ganis for a long time.

CassSept

So I've gotten through most of ICC this weekend and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.
I mean, the design is great, sure. But everything, apart from Valithria, feels like it was already done before. Most of bosses have their primary skills taken from previous ones. There isn't anything mindblowing, or great new bosses like in Ulduar. Raid design, while not so bad, doesn't feel fresh either. Especially Crimson Halls which just reek of Black Temple.
Maybe it's because Uldu was such a great instance, but I'm very underwhelmed. Not only there are a lot of wasted opportunities, but it just doesn't feel as fresh and imaginative as I've expected from end-game raid instance.
I hope Cata raid content will be better, cause WotLK in this aspect, apart from Uldu, felt horribly disappointing :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom