• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrosh Hellscream action figure version is now here!

302nlzd.png

Xabora

Pookaki said:
We just cleared 11/12 Hardmodes on 10 man. Heroic Lick King is bananas. Its not possible to beat the enrage timer with 3 healers in the group. You need to 2 heal it in order to have a chance.

Its going to be a long few weeks as we bash our heads against him.
MOAR RANGED!

EDIT: He looks a bit slow in the head. @ Garrosh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Well the only thing that's nicer with the pally is HoF in a pinch if something comes up. But yes, I tanked those on my DK before, they weren't a problem there really. Both can kite just fine. Wars though have a bit of trouble maintaining aggro at times though as they don't have as many ranged high-aggro moves.

You guys a 25man guild doing the 10man hardmodes or more of a 10man guild?
Anti-Magic Shell prevents you from getting the movement debuff too (not to mention my Nitro Boosts). But you can have 0 movement speed increases and just run through the slime and nothing will ever happen to you anyways.

mclem

Pookaki said:
We just cleared 11/12 Hardmodes on 10 man. Heroic Lick King is bananas. Its not possible to beat the enrage timer with 3 healers in the group. You need to 2 heal it in order to have a chance.

Its going to be a long few weeks as we bash our heads against him.

We're a long way off it, but is there some mechanic by which two tanks are required? Our normal LK-10 kill was single-tanked, and then a lot of people seemed rather surprised when we were talking about it, saying that two tanks was absolutely necessary. If not, that could be a different way to pick up the extra DPS you're after.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
HarryDemeanor said:
Also here's some Halls of Origination boss models. Anubis model from AQ is reskinned here.

http://i43.tinypic.com/i1lb39.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
That's friggin awesome, love it when they do callbacks to old stuff like that.

Not sure if this is known yet but it looks like we might be heading back to Ahn'Qiraj in Cataclysm. There's a an entry in the map names called Ahn'Qiraj Terrace. Plus there's a model for Cho'gall without any textures. Perhaps a new raid?

HarryDemeanor said:
Not sure if this is known yet but it looks like we might be heading back to Ahn'Qiraj in Cataclysm. There's a an entry in the map names called Ahn'Qiraj Terrace. Plus there's a model for Cho'gall without any textures. Perhaps a new raid?
It has been confirmed somewhere that we will be seeing a lot of Cho'gall in cataclysm. I cant find the source, but its out there somewhere.

Duki

Banned
p sure chogall was confirmed as in it ages ago.

was some dumb comic thing though so thats why no one knows about it.

Fucking Loving my unholy DK, the kind of class i always wanted to play in vanilla. Seeing my ghoul buddy fly through the air get's me everytime. :lol

Looks like i'll be buying wrath and subbing for a few months, damn you 10 day trial! Game has changed so much from what i remember though, have to learn up on glyphs, gemming etc.

Have blizz mentioned a hero class for cataclysm?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Worgen Druids looking like lions in Cat form is nice to see confirmed. It was speculated, but everyone wasn't sure.

Sorta not looking forward to creating two more Druids and getting them both to level 20 just to see what their lore says :lol

Evlar

Banned
fizzelopeguss said:
Fucking Loving my unholy DK, the kind of class i always wanted to play in vanilla. Seeing my ghoul buddy fly through the air get's me everytime. :lol

Looks like i'll be buying wrath and subbing for a few months, damn you 10 day trial! Game has changed so much from what i remember though, have to learn up on glyphs, gemming etc.

Have blizz mentioned a hero class for cataclysm?
No hero class in Cataclysm. Adding two races + a dozen new race/class combos is enough.

Chris R

Evlar said:
No hero class in Cataclysm. Adding two races + a dozen new race/class combos is enough.
:lol No it isn't. But at this point I think it is safe to say that WoW will never see a new class ever again.

Xabora

HarryDemeanor said:
Also here's some Halls of Origination boss models. Anubis model from AQ is reskinned here.
Its not reskinned, they based it on the original mesh and pretty much boosted the pollies for each new model and created new skins for it.

See here:
xuhw3.jpg

Chris R

Door2Dawn said:
Unless you have the ability to look into the future, no it isn't.
You are right, they will probably promise another Hero class after their next MMO has launched to bring people back for another 40$ expansion and a few months of play.

Or because Blizzard takes FOREVER to get shit out (D3, next MMO, SC2, ECT), they might just bring another class out in the expansion that should be coming out in like Summer '13.

firex

If they do another hero class, it's going to be some kind of healer probably. So I think it might actually be more likely that we don't see another hero class at all. DK was added so they could have another tank. Although, if they did do a new hero class, they could find a way to make it different (melee healer or healer with pets probably).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hero classes were a huge disaster. Balancing classes is already what takes up 80% of the devs time. They aren't going to add another unless they are losing a lot of subs.

So, next ex. pack. :lol

Sciz

Duki said:
p sure chogall was confirmed as in it ages ago.

was some dumb comic thing though so thats why no one knows about it.
Not confirmed exactly, but it was pretty obvious that whole mess was setting up something. I'm sure there's a model for Med'an in the files somewhere that no one's bothered paying attention to yet.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Nihilum's IRC channel most likely, since their wiki site is down for a wee bit. But these were pasted on MMOwned's forums.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
Nihilum's IRC channel most likely, since their wiki site is down for a wee bit. But these were pasted on MMOwned's forums.
i'm loggin their irc, and i know their website got C&D, good to know a second source keeping content static

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom