• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Streams of guilds doing Halion the Twilight Destroyer are up.

It doens't look interesting enough to watch, though.

Ashodin

speedpop said:
Looks like the new sandbox is up.

0p1SX.jpg

No more Defias.

*blows trumpet*

http://i.imgur.com/Yy3e1.jpg

(huge image again)
Where perchance, are you finding this media?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HarryDemeanor said:
Orcs have replaced the defias in Northshire just to note.
Are you sure you're not thinking of Southshore?

Northshire is the starting zone for Humans just outside of Goldshire and Stormwind.

Or did you just mean the level 5 mobs wandering around are Orcs? That would be kind of random.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
HarryDemeanor said:
Orcs have replaced the defias in Northshire just to note.
Yeah that's funny, right now Humans are kind of the only race who kills their own kind as some of their starting zone quests.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
uggghh.. I hate that you guys always make a big deal out of lowbie alliance zone changes, only because I've ever really put in effort to leveling one alliance character and I have no clue what you are talking about with your references. :p

let's get some lowbie horde changes in here!!! something I can actually relate to!!!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
borghe said:
uggghh.. I hate that you guys always make a big deal out of lowbie alliance zone changes, only because I've ever really put in effort to leveling one alliance character and I have no clue what you are talking about with your references. :p

let's get some lowbie horde changes in here!!! something I can actually relate to!!!
:lol Same way I felt when people went apeshit over the Orgrimmar changes. I have no frame of reference for that horde stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/IDEo5.jpg - looks like the Sentinel Hill inn's roof does in fact get finished.

borghe said:

Unfortunately it only looks like Humans received some changes in this patch so far. Just have to wait for someone on the alpha forums to start talking.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
HarryDemeanor said:
For all of you rolling Worgen you might be very happy with this latest patch (assuming it will still be there for release):

http://i49.tinypic.com/sbldnr.png[/MG][/QUOTE]
Nice, imagine if it was BoE :O

Angry Grimace

:lol@ Ruby Sanctum items being higher ilvl than Icecrown Citadel.

They are 271 in 25m. I would rather presume 25m is completely puggable just like every other 1 shot boss in Wrath.

Also:

Sharpened Twilight Scale
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 271
Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 163.
Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1304 attack power for 15 sec.
Disenchanting requires Enchanting (375)

It's like Whispering Fanged Skull mated with Deathbringer's Will but the result was way better.

Fularu

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

They are 271 in 25m. I would rather presume 25m is completely puggable just like every other 1 shot boss in Wrath.

Also:

Sharpened Twilight Scale
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 271
Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1304 attack power for 15 sec.

It's like Whispering Fanged Skull mated with Deathbringer's Will but the result was way better.

This had been known since they introduced it. They drop LK level loot.

Akim

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Also:

Sharpened Twilight Scale
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 271

and my warrior just got an erection

Angry Grimace

Fularu said:
This had been known since they introduced it. They drop LK level loot.
I guess I kind of figured they meant ICC loot rather than LK himself. :D

Angry Grimace

Akim said:
and my warrior just got an erection
Charred Twilight Scale
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 271
Equip: Improves haste rating by 163.
Equip: Your damaging spells have a chance to grant 763 spell power for 15 sec.

And my mage...If it had a wang, since it's female. :lol

firex

borghe said:

Trolls get a new level 1-5 leveling experience, and a new starting area independent from Valley of Trials. They start out on Echo Isles and have beginner quests involving taking care of troll raptors, and killing some invading Naga.

CassSept

Bisnic said:
Oh shit, the Lakeshire's bridge is completed?
Well, after 3 years passed in-game it's high time they've completed it, right?
It would've been better though if they were nearing it's completion and cataclysm destroyed it:lol

Chris R

Interfectum said:
Oh man that sounds awesome. I wonder if they will retro fit this for BC and WotLK.
They could, but really, it wouldn't make that big of a difference. With an epic flying mount getting from A->B in BC/WOTLK takes basically no time, and the quests were already a huge step up in flowing properly from Zone 1 to 2 to 3/4 to 5/6/7 ect. Old world quests for players in the 10-50 range were pure shit though.

Vieo

I have some questions about Warlocks; namely Enslave Demon...

- Do demons shrink (like Hunter's pets after taming) after you enslave them?

- Can you take an enslaved demon into an instance, or will it disappear?

- After you've enslaved a demon, can you enslave that same demon again (assuming it hasn't died) once the spell wears off?

- If you log out with an enslaved demon, will it be there if you log back in an hour later or so?

- Also, can you use that ability that let's you heal your lock pet to heal enslaved demons as well?

Edit: Forgot one, if you take an enslaved demon onto a boat and travel to another area, will it disappear?

Angry Grimace

Vieo said:
I have some questions about Warlocks; namely Enslave Demon...

- Do demons shrink (like Hunter's pets after taming) after you enslave them?

- Can you take an enslaved demon into an instance, or will it disappear?

- After you've enslaved a demon, can you enslave that same demon again (assuming it hasn't died) once the spell wears off?

- If you log out with an enslaved demon, will it be there if you log back in an hour later or so?

- Also, can you use that ability that let's you heal your lock pet to heal enslaved demons as well?

Edit: Forgot one, if you take an enslaved demon onto a boat and travel to another area, will it disappear?
No idea, but I do know that in the original PTR version of Patch 2.4, you could Enslave Brutallus :lol

rs4jro.jpg

J-Rzez

Interfectum said:
So what are you saying? They shouldn't put on a conference? Should they lose money on a conference?

Also any piece of information that comes out of Blizzcon is on the internet within seconds so no one is forced to go.

Does it cost them 3million dollars to put on that event? They also get a cut of the Direct TV and Internet shows? Other companies lose money on their conference shows. I highly doubt with all of that, plus merch sales at the shows, that they're just breaking even, they're probably laughing all the way to the bank at their fanbase expense yet again.

Don't get me wrong, I love their games, but I hate some of their practices and philosophies. I've never had such a love/hate relationship with a developer before.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
Does it cost them 3million dollars to put on that event? They also get a cut of the Direct TV and Internet shows? Other companies lose money on their conference shows. I highly doubt with all of that, plus merch sales at the shows, that they're just breaking even, they're probably laughing all the way to the bank at their fanbase expense yet again.

Don't get me wrong, I love their games, but I hate some of their practices and philosophies. I've never had such a love/hate relationship with a developer before.
It probably costs over a million just to get a site that large with all that crap there; but I will maintain until I die that Blizzard would not run BlizzCon if BlizzCon lost them money.

Angry Grimace

HarryDemeanor said:
Finally was able to get a picture.

http://i50.tinypic.com/20t45sp.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Probably because no new races could be Warlocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom