• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tamanon said:
Dwarven warlock is just weird. Probably the weirdest class/race combo.
Yeah true that. Though I have a feeling it might have something to do with the Dark Irons

When people saw the new Stormwind and the little section outside the Keep, specifically this, they assumed it was the Twilights or something. But from what I've read it is the Earthen Ring, and Orgrimmar will have something like this setup too.

speedpop said:
Yeah true that. Though I have a feeling it might have something to do with the Dark Irons

When people saw the new Stormwind and the little section outside the Keep, specifically this, they assumed it was the Twilights or something. But from what I've read it is the Earthen Ring, and Orgrimmar will have something like this setup too.

From seeing some snapshots from the forums, it looks like those are actually going to be portals to the 5 Cataclysm zones in both Orgrimmar and Stormwind. You'll be able to use those once you have traveled to the zone on your own.

Fularu

Banned
Bisnic said:
Armor penetration? I thought they were gonna get rid of that stat on gear.

Also, what's mastery rating again?

not as proc/on use. Expect Mjolnir Runestones and the like to be best melee trinkets in the game and so on.

The Agility on the trinket is bad, it should be replaced by pure crit.

markot

Banned
Is Deadmines going to be a caverns of time instance or just upgraded?

It would be pretty awesome to have to protect 5 party members who are like lvl 20ish as they go through the instance, maybe versions of yourselves but with terrible old gear ^_^ Have them say nooby lvl 20 stuff and what nots.

y2dvd

Guys, I'm a lvl 48 night elf hunter and I have no idea where I'm supposed to progress to. I think I visited and did all the quest around my lvl. Where should I be at this point? ;(

firex

Bisnic said:

Also, what's mastery rating again?
Mastery rating = increases the bonuses you get for speccing into a talent tree. So it's going to be a prime feature of tank/healer gear (because mastery generally = more survivability for tanks, increased regen for healers) but it will also be useful for dps/casters. It's also a large part of why stuff like ArP and many other rating stats are disappearing from gear, so they don't have to make X different versions of plate/leather/mail/cloth gear where the only difference is ArP or haste or crit or w/e (though haste and crit are still going to be on gear so maybe that's a bad choice).

noisome07

Banned
y2dvd said:
Guys, I'm a lvl 48 night elf hunter and I have no idea where I'm supposed to progress to. I think I visited and did all the quest around my lvl. Where should I be at this point? ;(

hinterlands, feralas and queue for random dungeons, always. it's nice XP and something to do in between quests. can get some upgrades too :)

notsol337

marked forever
y2dvd said:

I'd tell you to queue up for AB/WSG but then you'd play to win and I hate it when the alliance wins :lol

markot said:
Is Deadmines going to be a caverns of time instance or just upgraded?

It would be pretty awesome to have to protect 5 party members who are like lvl 20ish as they go through the instance, maybe versions of yourselves but with terrible old gear ^_^ Have them say nooby lvl 20 stuff and what nots.

It's supposed to be the same instance as it was at 20 just upgraded for level 85. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we happen to have VanCleef replaced after we took his head. Then again, if Kael'thas can come back twice and Onyxia and Nefarian are making their grand undead return then anything is possible in this crazed world.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HarryDemeanor said:
Some random items from the Blackrock Caverns instance:

http://i50.tinypic.com/20rvamc.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Why does the one in the lower left have Armor Pen?

Edit: I thought I was on the last page :lol

My Battlegroup is the test realms for the mobile AH. I would try it, but nah.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Angry Grimace said:
Why does the one in the lower left have Armor Pen?
It's just an "on use" buff type thing. I think the goal is they want arpen in the game (i.e. debuffs like sunder armor and buffs like that trinket), just not a stat you'll be stacking/gemming above all others.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
firex said:
Mastery rating = increases the bonuses you get for speccing into a talent tree. So it's going to be a prime feature of tank/healer gear (because mastery generally = more survivability for tanks, increased regen for healers) but it will also be useful for dps/casters. It's also a large part of why stuff like ArP and many other rating stats are disappearing from gear, so they don't have to make X different versions of plate/leather/mail/cloth gear where the only difference is ArP or haste or crit or w/e (though haste and crit are still going to be on gear so maybe that's a bad choice).
Not really a bad choice i think since Mastery stuff will likely have all the different stats in the game available. It just makes gear super flexible. It will probably end up getting rid of the hundreds of gear choices that nobody ever really uses that started with TBC (Heroics and Badge gear). The largest drawback i see to this is that you will see lots of people using the same stuff... but again this is already in the game presently and likely always will be.

im just rambling now :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
firex said:
I meant a bad example, sorry. Basically Mastery will replace stuff like ArP and MP5 and Defense rating on gear.
Seems i was wrong. Looking at some of the stuff on Wowwiki about Mastery and Mastery Rating it seems that a lot of the stuff MR will grant will be Talent Tree unique bonuses like

- Priest Holy: HoT added to direct heals
- Priest Disc: Percentage bonus to shields
- Shaman Ele: % to gain an overload to all damage spells like Lightning Overload
- Paladin Ret: Cooldowns on abilities lowered by %
- Rogue Sub: Increased Energy regen

After reading up on this, so far this is one of the more exciting things about Cataclysm to me. Pretty cool way to mix things up.

Dina

y2dvd said:

On Kalimdor, finish up Tanaris and then progress into Feralas and Felwood. Hinterlands and Searing Gorge on Eastern Kingdom's side. Felwood and Feralas are the best zones, imo. SG and HL have quest-hubs that are too spread out, although it is certainly doable. If you're alliance, as most NeoGAF scum are, you have capital cities near as well, which can be a plus.

Then afterwards, Un'Goro Crater is awesome for 51+ and so is Western Plaguelands.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Really? I always got the impression that most GAFers were Horde. On my server, there's so few alliance players that Blizzard should give us an achievement for spotting one. :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
y2dvd said:
I have never ran out of quests at that level.

http://wow.incgamers.com/wiki/Kalimdor_Map
(all zones with level ranges)
http://wow.incgamers.com/wiki/Eastern_Kingdom_Map

Assuming you've finished Feralas, Tanaris, Hinterlands, and Searing Gorge...

Un Goro Crater
Felwood
Azshara
Blasted Lands

moojito

1300+ stamina on a blue cloak? That's crazy. I take it 100k hp and more for tanks isn't going to be out of the question after all.

arhra

Angry Grimace said:
Also:

Sharpened Twilight Scale
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 271
Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 163.
Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1304 attack power for 15 sec.
Disenchanting requires Enchanting (375)
Fucking ArPen everywhere.

2ry3waq.gif

Bisnic said:
Right now that' trinket's Use: effect is a straight copy/paste of the one from heroic King Dred in Drak'Tharon Keep. I think it's safe to say that it'll be changed before release (and i'm pretty sure that even for trinkets/procs/etc, they're still getting rid of arpen - the only thing they've said that is staying around in that kind of form but disappearing elsewhere is attack power, since otherwise they'd have to make seperate agility/strength versions).

moojito said:
1300+ stamina on a blue cloak? That's crazy. I take it 100k hp and more for tanks isn't going to be out of the question after all.
Bugged tooltip. It's apparently since been fixed to the correct 136 stam.

mclem

HarryDemeanor said:
Please let them be attainable mounts! :lol

There was a *very* strong hint that they would be (something along the lines of "Okay, we can't really add moose as mounts now because they'd fit best in Grizzly Hills, and we've, well, already done that. So whoops. We'll try not to make the same mistake again. On a COMPLETELY UNRELATED note, I should point out that there's a zone coming up with a heavy Egyptian influence")

firex

I actually like the whole lore justification for tauren priests/paladins so far. It makes enough sense within tauren culture and stuff. Too bad I'll never make a tauren paladin, but maybe I'll try tauren priest sometime.

Narag

Interfectum said:
The amount of "Holy Cow" name variants we will be seeing makes a Tauran Paladin worth it regardless of lore. :lol

Also Avenging Wrath being spammed on Red Bull named variants.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Fularu said:
I stopped leveling my belf paladin in order to level a cow one.
ironically, this is EXACTLY what killed me leveling my tauren druid (those troll forms look too awesome)

as for the $3 mobile AH, honestly, I feel it's worth it.. hear me out. you can still do pretty much everything for free through the mobile AH except for post auctions or bid/buy. You can still do full searching, lookups, get money, check statuses, etc. you don't have to pay to use the AH in a basic form and get a hell of a lot more than you have right now. The only time you have to pay is when you want to post or bid on auctions outside of the game, and frankly if you are using it that heavily, you probably should be paying a premium IMHO. If only to keep traffic down and not essentially remove the need for the actually AH's in game.

Askani

Extended our 11/12 lockout for ICC 10 for another week. Really want Arthas dead. For those of you who are trying or have tried the Lich King fight, are you using an add-on to mark Defile targets? We struggle, like a lot of groups it seems, on getting Defiles placed properly and small because we get focused on Val'kyrs. Or we focus on Defile and mess up getting a Val'kyr down.

Someone said they were using Raid Warnings 2 and just enabling only Defile on the Lich King fight and letting DBM handle the rest. Any other addon suggestions?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Interfectum said:
The amount of "Holy Cow" name variants we will be seeing makes a Tauran Paladin worth it regardless of lore. :lol
Honestly the Tauren being paladins makes much more sense lorewise than Blood Elves (WELL STEAL THE LIGHT! MWAHAHA!). From wowwiki:

An'she is the sun in the tauren mythology. It was the right eye of the Earthmother, torn out and sent spinning across the heavens, chased eternally by Mu'sha (Elune to the night elves). It is possible that An'she, like Mu'sha and Apa'ro (Malorne to the night elves), is known to the elves by another name.

In An Injured Colleague, Aponi Brightmane and Tahu Sagewind discuss if the Tauren have overlooked a key aspect of balance, noting the night elves' near exclusive worship of Elune. Their conversation is possibly a reference to the lack of reverence to An'she, or else the absence of Tauren priests and paladins (or both). Sagewind notes that the tauren are above all else beings of balance, and muses on the enduring nature of the sun. This conversation appears to act as an introduction to the Sunwalkers, the new faction of tauren paladins.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hmmm, my battlegroup is in the beta for the Mobile AH. Perhaps I'll give it a whirl and tell you whether or not if makes you feel more or less like a total loser.

I wouldn't pay for it, though. It's too bad they won't let you talk to your guild using it if you miss a raid or some crap. Even then, it's a bit much. I only really need to play Warcraft when I'm at my computer :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom