• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Alex said:
Using a Steady Shot macro as a Hunter kinda instantly flags you as a rather piss poor player (not targeting anyone, just in response to the quoted response I missed).

It was DPS murder, and a big reason why we actually threw out three of our five Hunter's on the roster during TBC.

There was nowhere near parity between the macro using Hunters and the ones using manual shot weaving. People can say what they like about easy or hard or whatever, if you're putting in the research and effort into anything, it will show.

That is the one constant in WoW for me that I've noticed.

It's especially funny because it was this whole big thing for us during TBC earlyish. Basically involved a close friend of mine:

1.) He rerolled a Hunter for fun
2.) Started going into raids in blues at officer request
3.) OutDPSed all of the lazy/shot macro using Hunts by a sizeable amount (this grew to be fucking psychotic when he got a nice set and that Vasjh bow)
4.) Got class leader above other multi-year guildies (we only came into the guild in TBC)
5.) 100% getting raid spots above those same multi-year Hunters
6.) Those multi-year hunters eventually getting thrown out because they could never adjust to anywhere near his DPS, despite him trying to give advice and send them information. Too many years of laze?

That's usually our thing though. We join a mid-tier guild that gets things done, but always feels like it's held back by players. Then we join a high end guild and quit because everyone is an asshole. :lol

Really hoping for a good 10 man guild in Cata. We had a good thing going in early WOTLK, but it fell apart sadly. The first and on guild full of polite, funny people who were also high quality players in all my years of WoW.

Wait what? We went clear through sunwell, and there was indeed a time when the hunter macro what flat out seamless and greater than human reaction time bar NONE. There was ZERO benefit to not using the macro during the height of the SS macro days of TBC.

And Im not saying that as an opinion, it is a stone cold fact. The retarded way they had our autoshots clipping and the design of SS along with BM kill command and all the other stuff made it so that no matter how skilled you were, if you ran a manual rotation, at best you could MATCH the macro in execution.

And thats at best, At worst you were human and off by .2 seconds on a kill command, or slightly clipped an autoshot here of there.

No friend, all top end hunters were using the macro, and bitching about it, because it was without a doubt the most efficient dps the class could get. There was no 'out skilling' an automated dps routine built for maximum output. Thats why we hated it so much. You must be thinking about classic, or early early BC or post BC, during all those times manual rotations have been superior.

Alex

Puncture said:
Wait what? We went clear through sunwell, and there was indeed a time when the hunter macro what flat out seamless and greater than human reaction time bar NONE. There was ZERO benefit to not using the macro during the height of the SS macro days of TBC.

And Im not saying that as an opinion, it is a stone cold fact. The retarded way they had our autoshots clipping and the design of SS along with BM kill command and all the other stuff made it so that no matter how skilled you were, if you ran a manual rotation, at best you could MATCH the macro in execution.

And thats at best, At worst you were human and off by .2 seconds on a kill command, or slightly clipped an autoshot here of there.

No friend, all top end hunters were using the macro, and bitching about it, because it was without a doubt the most efficient dps the class could get. There was no 'out skilling' an automated dps routine built for maximum output. Thats why we hated it so much. You must be thinking about classic, or early early BC or post BC, during all those times manual rotations have been superior.

I'm talking about around the endish of TK/SSC, during that period, when we were using a Hunter, manual shot weaving was factually 100% better than retard macros. I've no experience with Sunwell era TBC, as end of expansion stupidity is a good time to take a rest (and we put away the Hunter after TK/SSC in general), but earlier in I'm very sure of the math and routines we would run for it.

Acidote

speedpop said:
The Three Hammers unite once more.

That was the general guess. IF+WH+DI. IF was already at good terms with WH, a lots of DI should be free now + Magni's daughter.

It's a pity Magni is not around anymore (dead?).

Edit: Oh, and of course, Garrosh is being made to be hated.

"Garrosh Hellscream attempted to set up Thrall to be assassinated. Thrall was captured by SI:7 but they were ultimately unable to kill him. Garrosh is now Warchief of the Horde and Thrall is missing."

"Margetha Grimtotem attempted to poison(and kill) Cairne Bloodhoof. The plot failed and the Grimtotem clan has been exiled from Thunder Bluff. They now attempt to defile Mulgore. Cairne was eventually executed for being a "traitor" by Garrosh Hellscream. "

I hope we can start a Coup d'Etat and kill him eventually.

markot

Banned
Dark Irons?

I guess with Rag gone and their emporer dead... but still, they had contact with the smelly twilight culties beforehand.

Why would they go goodie twoshoes all of a sudden?

Not to mention the Kings daughter seemed to fight willingly and love whats his facemcsillypants.

Also, from what ive heard, that isnt what happens to Garrosh or Cairne >.<

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I simply don't get why they can't just make you start at Wave (whatever you died on) in Halls of Reflection. They're determined to fuck you in the ass on a dungeon you're pretty much forced to PUG.

DarkJC

Angry Grimace said:
I simply don't get why they can't just make you start at Wave (whatever you died on) in Halls of Reflection. They're determined to fuck you in the ass on a dungeon you're pretty much forced to PUG.

Agreed. Wiped so many times in the last wave before both bosses in shitty pugs. I hate it when it comes up when I'm just trying to do the daily random.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
markot said:
Dark Irons?
I guess with Rag gone and their emporer dead... but still, they had contact with the smelly twilight culties beforehand.
Well i would think the Twilight guys would go wherever Rag goes.

Why would they go goodie twoshoes all of a sudden?
Not to mention the Kings daughter seemed to fight willingly and love whats his facemcsillypants.
Perhaps its just an alliance of necessity. Who knows? Maybe Blizzard has to do something interesting with the Alliance because it looks like the Horde is getting a lot of cool stuff happening.

Also, from what ive heard, that isnt what happens to Garrosh or Cairne >.<
i dont know anything but the stuff in the spoilers would be fantastic. Basically a civil war brewing in the Horde while the Alliance is finally united. Basically a 180 from before but instead of farmers forming different militias solely for self-preservation you have different faction races at each others throats.

markot

Banned
From what ive heard

Cairn challenges Garrosh to a duel after he is warchief for abit and goes to war, Cairne has been poisned by the Grimtotems for awhile. Cairne loses the duel and Garrosh accidently kills him during it, it was meant to be a non lethal duel but due to the poisoning cairne gets pwnt. Garrosh goes emo, Grimtotems take over Thunder bluff and go all nazi, Garrosh comes out of emoness and takes out the Grim totems and becomes less of a jerk.

And as for the Dwarves!

Magni is worried about the earth quakes, and goes into Old Ironforge to try and commune with the spirits of the past or something, the wildhammers warn him against it, and he ends up getting frozen for everrrrrrrrrrrrr >.<!

To be honest, I hope what I heard about Garrosh is wrong, I hope he gets pwnt, and doesnt get 'redeemed'.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
People still don't know exactly what happens because it is beta and quests are still not implemented correctly. Whether Garrosh really set up Thrall or Cairne or not, who knows. The Grimtotems are obviously involved in shady dealings - how far does that corruption go?

Then you have Sylvanas.

Days Of Our Lives shit.

speedpop

Here's a new spanner thrown into the blender:

The events between the downfall of Illidan in the Burning Crusade and Cataclysm are 10 years apart, in timeline perspective. Which means that the Lich King died 6 years previously once you load up Cataclysm.

It could explain why Anduin Wrynn is sporting a young adult model.

Though apparently this was mentioned at the preview panel at Blizzcon last year?

Acidote

A day after I said I was gonna resub, well, I did it and started a new character. It's now a level 40 lock. A blood elf female, can you believe it? :lol I already have a lvl 70 and a lvl 31 lock, but they're both alliance, and the lvl 70 is additionally on another server, so I decided to make a new toon and tranfer it the heirlooms from my lvl 31.

I'm having a good time leveling it at my pace, I missed my lock and I hope I can level it to 80 before cataclysm. I'm not getting epic equipment for it, just leveling to 80 and enchanting/mining to 450(toughness is nice, as gold is).

speedpop

1-60 takes around 3 days /played now. I think when I hit 80, I was halfway through 7 days /played, and this was just before the random dungeons and experience from PVP was patched in.

Acidote

I'm at Stranglethorn right now, having fun with the opposite faction while leveling. I love all those level 1 whispers. Heading to Tanaris soon, want to be 51 asap to mix questing with AV.

Nymerio

My druid should hit 60 today, but I think I'll continue with my warrior who is also 60ish. I haven't level'd through Northrend since the random dungeon system was introduced. Whats better for getting to 80 quickly? Doing random dungeons or random battlegrounds? Keep in mind that I would go prot if i want to do dungeons. Don't know how fast the battleground invites are at under 80...

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
speedpop said:
People still don't know exactly what happens because it is beta and quests are still not implemented correctly. Whether Garrosh really set up Thrall or Cairne or not, who knows. The Grimtotems are obviously involved in shady dealings - how far does that corruption go?

Then you have Sylvanas.

Days Of Our Lives shit.
Stefano DiMera is always behind everything.

CassSept

Nymerio said:
My druid should hit 60 today, but I think I'll continue with my warrior who is also 60ish. I haven't level'd through Northrend since the random dungeon system was introduced. Whats better for getting to 80 quickly? Doing random dungeons or random battlegrounds? Keep in mind that I would go prot if i want to do dungeons. Don't know how fast the battleground invites are at under 80...
If you go prot you will get random dungeon almost instantly. Random bg is good exp too, but imo it's best to do it just on weekends.

Went with my guild to ICC10 and ICC25 hc and replaced 6 items in one days, now I can once again do proper dps! Feels good man. I haven't gotten so many new items within 24 hours since my early Karazhan days:lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
1-60 takes around 3 days /played now. I think when I hit 80, I was halfway through 7 days /played, and this was just before the random dungeons and experience from PVP was patched in.
3 days RAF or non RAF?

speedpop

It was non RAF. A friend of mine is doing a Shaman currently and it took her slightly less time with some heirlooms.

Acidote

It should be the same if it's "power leveling". If you're going to level through quests it will be faster since they will be more streamlined. No more get to thousand needles, kill the mob, deliver in thunder bluff, go to undercity, go to thnder bluff, deliver in thousand needles.

RAF to 60 in under 24 hours?! I'm playing with my girl (she is totally new though) and we have played 5 hours and are level 14. Leve 60 under 24 hours sounds impossible.

Retro

GasProblem said:
I'm now 2 days /played on my Troll Warrior, lvl 34 right now. Guess I'm slow, but this is my highest lvled char, so meh :p

If it's your first character, the objective is NOT to rush. Once you hit 80, the game changes quite significantly in terms of things to do, and for most people it's not a change for the better.

Slow down. Enjoy the game. Take in the scenery and read the quest text. The world is only shiny and new once... twice with Cataclysm :lol. I'd love to approach WoW the same way I did when I first started. I must have taken a hundred screenshots of (now) insignificant things that jumped out at me; the moon rising over the mountains, sunrises in westfall, old ruins or shipwrecked boats off the shores...

Take that first character at your own pace, You can be 80 forever but you only get to see the world with new eyes once.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Is there a good site for all the Warcraft lore? I want to know about everything leading up to Cataclysm.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Main_Page

Nymerio

Sniper McBlaze said:
RAF to 60 in under 24 hours?! I'm playing with my girl (she is totally new though) and we have played 5 hours and are level 14. Leve 60 under 24 hours sounds impossible.

Easy. Quest till you're 8. Ragefire till you're 10. Shadowfang Keep till 20, Scarlet Monastery till level 40. Blackrock depths till level 45 and from then on Blackrockspire till you're 60. You need a lvl 80 character to do the instance runs though...

speedpop

markot said:
So no goto site out there for Cata leaks >_<?
Basically forums atm. Blizzard caught on to people checking out the Alpha/Beta forums and have closed down that "bug" so any more info that will come out will not happen till closed Beta begins.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Nymerio said:
Easy. Quest till you're 8. Ragefire till you're 10. Shadowfang Keep till 20, Scarlet Monastery till level 40. Blackrock depths till level 45 and from then on Blackrockspire till you're 60. You need a lvl 80 character to do the instance runs though...
how long does it take just questing from 1-60 for raf and non raf?

ampere

Sniper McBlaze said:
I haven't done RAF but I'd assume it's only 24 if both players are very familiar with the game. If your girl is new then there's probably plenty of cool stuff that you'll spend more time on then if you were powerleveling alts.

DeathNote said:
With no RAF, no heirlooms, still 3 or 4 days played I would imagine. Unless you know exactly what to do. That's just an estimate though.

Acidote

Thinking again of Magni Bronzebeard...

It would be cool to see him frozen in the "throne room" of Old Ironforge

:)

firex

DeathNote said:
I can't check my warrior's /played but I got him to 42 or something like that before heirloom chest armor was available, and then from there to 60 was even faster. I agree with the 3 days played so far, because I spent almost no time messing around with inscription and just built up my herbalism as I leveled, so that knocks a few hours off the played time. Just questing 1-60 is really fast with heirlooms.

CassSept

Ok, cause I've gotten to the point I only had two characters before, both about 2 years ago so I don't remember.
Horde, level 42. Where to go to quest between dungeons runs? I believe Tanaris was the best one, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Flib

No, except it means you aren't logging out in a place which gives you rested XP gain, which you want if you're leveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom