• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

I have a good (but potentially easily taken) name for a tauren priest/paladin, and another good, but less likely to be taken, name. I don't see myself leveling one up again, but who knows... if tauren racials are way better than blood elf racials for tanking (that 1% chance to avoid all spells and arcane torrent are pretty useful compared to war stomp and nerfed endurance, but Blizz said all old racials would be getting buffs to put them in line with goblin/worgen) I will probably race change mine to tauren later. I just don't want to do 1-80 again even if paladins are super easy to level now.

Oh yeah, when I think about it, tauren priest seems like a pretty awesome combination. I will have to give that one a shot... plus I think tauren in shadowform has hilarious potential.

I'm assuming that's the "bald" variation. Not completely convinced yet, they need to have a Felicia-style huge mane of hair to look different from, say, a draenei with paws.

J-Rzez

The weakest looking "new" model so far. Would have to see the female worgen animations. The male worgen animations are pretty great so far, outside of the horrible walk/run animation. Seems like Goblins got more time and effort put into them.

oh3cko.jpg

Happening in my server too. Goldsellers are getting craftier every day :lol

Rapstah

They tried it three times yesterday on my server but for some reason most of the bots were missing for all of the tries, leading to URLs that didn't actually lead anywhere.

firex

J-Rzez said:
The weakest looking "new" model so far. Would have to see the female worgen animations. The male worgen animations are pretty great so far, outside of the horrible walk/run animation. Seems like Goblins got more time and effort put into them.
The superior race getting more work put into it? Shocking.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
hmm.. I don't agree at all. I think it looks great.. just get rid of the purple eyes.. or let us change eye color.

Water shield has a mana regen associated with it, as well. So it's refilling your mana. Also, mana tide totem should be up if you're having mana problems and no paladin. If you're resto, you also have a cooldown totem for mana replenishment.

Also, in a raid situation, you should have some other classes with replenishment talents.

Retro

v3q0dd.jpg

The furries go marching one by one, Oh God. Oh God.
The furries go marching one by one, Oh God. Oh God.
The furries go marching one by one, the sweatiest one's impervious to shun.
And they all go marching on, to Fur-con, to masturbate to Tails.

firex

Rapstah said:
How do Shamans get mana at 80? Tanks and healers would want all mobs hitting the tank, and that makes Water Shield obsolete.
Water shield gives mp5, resto shamans have a couple crit-based mana return talents as well as a deep resto talent that procs massively increased crit rate on lesser healing wave after casting chain heal (which has a good crit rate because of 3-4 chances to crit per cast). Mana tide is really just a cooldown for serious mana issues, but my woefully undergeared resto shaman doesn't have regen problems at all.

Plus they get a totem that gives mp5 to the whole raid.

The improved water shield talent, combined with enhance's talent for improved shields, gives them a good source of mana regen even if it's RNG-based.

Elemental has water shield up for mp5, and a talent for a direct int->mp5 conversion. Enhance has mana regen on stormstrike (and uses lightning shield instead of water shield most of the time) plus shamanistic rage for mana regen every minute.

Also in Cataclysm, elemental gets hit from spirit through talents, so they get to increase their hit while also increasing their regen. Enhance is supposed to get a talent that converts haste into mana regen.

Sciz

For Elemental, I found that most fights have brief windows of movement or downtime that are good for hitting Thunderstorm. That said, Elemental doesn't exactly have mana issues unless you're hitting CL on cooldown.

Entropia

No One Remembers
keeblerdrow said:
Water shield has a mana regen associated with it, as well. So it's refilling your mana. Also, mana tide totem should be up if you're having mana problems and no paladin. If you're resto, you also have a cooldown totem for mana replenishment.

Also, in a raid situation, you should have some other classes with replenishment talents.

Water shield innately gives you mp5, and you'll either have mana spring down or blessing of wisdom on you as well.

You're also going to want gear with haste/crit on it so that you're casting faster and thus, when you crit you get mana back because acts as if a water shield just triggered which gives mana back

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Disappointed with the Female Worgen texture work, I get a "fan-made" feel from it. I'm hoping it looks better with the awesome hairstyles.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guess I'll be rocking the Worgen Warlock and Goblin Shammy (those being the two classes I don't actually have at the moment, not counting huntard, which I refuse to ever do).

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Best thing about playing a Hunter is you dont really have to pay attention to play well. Definitely the best class to play drunk or high.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LAUGHTREY said:
In your opinion, anyway.
We get it man, we get it. :lol Good god.

The new iPhone app for the Mobile-AH is beta testing on my realm. I went ahead and tried to sell something just to see if it works. The problem being; if you have an authenticator attached to your account, you have to enter the code when you log in. If you have an iPhone and an authenticator, you probably have the mobile authenticator. You cannot run both applications at once, which thus means, the Mobile AH literally doesn't work. :lol Whoops, Blizzard.

Akim

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
We get it man, we get it. :lol Good god.

The new iPhone app for the Mobile-AH is beta testing on my realm. I went ahead and tried to sell something just to see if it works. The problem being; if you have an authenticator attached to your account, you have to enter the code when you log in. If you have an iPhone and an authenticator, you probably have the mobile authenticator. You cannot run both applications at once, which thus means, the Mobile AH literally doesn't work. :lol Whoops, Blizzard.

run athenticator, get code

close program

open AH

enter code

would that work?

Angry Grimace

Akim said:
run athenticator, get code

close program

open AH

enter code

would that work?
It's possible, but it asks you to put the code in after you create the auction; which of course means you have to remember an 8 digit code, do the auction, and login within the 10 seconds allotted for each randomly generated code.

I can try and mess with it a bit more. It's a stupid concept, but since it's free for a little bit, I thought I'd mess with it.

Tacitus_

water_wendi said:
Best thing about playing a Hunter is you dont really have to pay attention to play well. Definitely the best class to play drunk or high.

Only because people expect hunters to contribute as much as a drunk/high player would.

Angry Grimace

I just went back and tried it; the Mobile AH will not work for people using iPhone authenticators.

The iPhone cannot exit and load the applications fast enough for a user to remember an Authenticator code and enter into the Mobile AH because the application asks for you password prior to the Authenticator code.

Akim

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
It's possible, but it asks you to put the code in after you create the auction; which of course means you have to remember an 8 digit code, do the auction, and login within the 10 seconds allotted for each randomly generated code.

I can try and mess with it a bit more. It's a stupid concept, but since it's free for a little bit, I thought I'd mess with it.

hahaha that's terrible

Angry Grimace

Akim said:
hahaha that's terrible
Allegedly, my digging has turned up that there's supposed to be an option to have the game enter one for you from your Mobile Authenticator. I have yet to discover this. Pending. :D

Having scoured the add-on, there is no such option.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
LAUGHTREY said:
In your opinion, anyway.
True but its just been my experience as playing a hunter. Its the number one reason i like playing hunters and healers.. i dont have to pay much attention and can just phone things in.

Angry Grimace

Okay, problem solved; it won't recognize that you have an Authenticator installed unless you have the Mobile Authenticator fully updated; for some reason, it did not do this on my iPhone automatically.

Daante

Anyone here playing on a RP server? , or RP-PVP for that matter?

Im so tired of chat channels being flooded with crap, is the community different on these RP servers compared to others?

Angry Grimace

Daante said:
Anyone here playing on a RP server? , or RP-PVP for that matter?

Im so tired of chat channels being flooded with crap, is the community different on these RP servers compared to others?
Of course not.

Angry Grimace

HarryDemeanor said:
Druid Moonkin Eclipse UI

oribn9.png
If Moonkin is going to have custom UI elements, they should make Moonkin better (i.e. more competitive). :lol

I don't see why they didn't put hair on those models, the Worgen female hairstyles (at least some) are in the files. I can throw one on a model in model viewer with armor and it looks better than those screens, despite not having a face =P Hair just improves the look so much.

Edit: In fact, there are some screens like that earlier in this thread even. Meh Blizzard.

firex

looks like for me I might consider race changing both of my 80s. Just depends upon if 1) elemental is more fun (also I forgot about TS as a mana regen spell, I am too used to the initial version where it was an asshole physics spell and AV bridge-buster, but it's definitely worth it for mana regen) and 2) goblins make better resto/elemental shamans than orcs (probably, at least looking at innate haste). Although I guess it also depends upon what they do for enhance... I kind of like it but it feels way weak compared to all the plate melee classes (I haven't played druid or rogue since before WotLK even came out).

Alex

water_wendi said:
True but its just been my experience as playing a hunter. Its the number one reason i like playing hunters and healers.. i dont have to pay much attention and can just phone things in.

This is why you don't pug, kids. :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Alex said:
This is why you don't pug, kids. :lol
Oh come on :lol i used to do that all the time in TBC and never had a wipe or even a close call. And that was with heroics that required at least an eye on the screen. Northrend heroics were mostly a joke when they released, nevermind now when everyone is way overgeared for them.

mileS

water_wendi said:

what spec are you talking about?

Okay I should probably start off by saying I don't think any class in WoW is difficult to play and I also don't want to sound like the more buttons you have to press the harder your class is.

This might have been true back when almost all you had to do was spam a steady shot macro but these days if you are playing marks and you fuck up your shot priority you aren't going to be doing nearly as much dps as other classes.

What's the difference between this and lets say a Mut rogue for example??
I guess I just get tired of people thinking the Hunter class is the easiest to play and requires zero skill to play because thats bullshit. I think a lot of that comes from people that have never played a hunter before or at least haven't played for a couple of years.

Angry Grimace

Poor Archavon.

<It appears Archavon has been keeping a journal. It appears to be written in multiple languages.>

Day 10 The Makers are gone. I have been left to watch.
-Archavon

Day 10500: The Halls are quiet. Empty.

I thought the Makers want me to watch the Hall, but they never specifically said, Archavon, Watch the hall... Maybe it's okay if I watch the outside too? It would probably be less boring outside. It's decided- I am now responsible for watching the Hall AND the outside. I shall take on my new responsibility next month.
-Archavon

Day 20120: The outside is much more open than the Hall. There are convenient cliffs and mountains bordering it. I'm now confident that the Makers meant for me to watch this too. I hope they don't notice that I've only been in the Hall for the first decade.
-Archavon

Day 1051213: I invented a new game today too. It's called "Kick the Revenant". I made it from the front of the keep to the main road today. Before next year, I'm going to try to land it over the river.
-Archavon

Day 2145617: Some little green people came today. I have added them to my watching responsibilities.
-Archavon

Day 2145657: The little green people have built extra buildings here now. More buildings seem good. I think I will speak to them this week and thank them.
-Archavon

Day 214566: I thanked one of the little green people today for the extra buildings. He told me that he'd be bringing more people for me to watch soon- lots of them.

I'm excited to have more things to watch.
-Archavon

Day 214586: The little green people brought a lot of others, pointed them at each other, and then they all started fighting!

I have trimmed my watching responsibilities back to the Hall for safety, but I brought a lot of their baubles with me so that it can maybe be less boring this time.
-Archavon

Day 214620: Things have gotten much worse. I am not sure what the Makers want me to do. I'm trying to stay in my hall, but the violent people come in after me several times a day. They take my baubles.
-Archavon

Day 214701: My brothers are back! It turns out they were sleeping in other closed off halls.

I'm a little mad that they left me alone to do all the watching, but I shared my shinier baubles with them anyway because I'm tired of being alone and attacked all the time.
-Archavon

Day 214760: The violent little people have started attacking my brothers, which is sad. They leave me alone mostly now though, which is not sad.

I think they want the shiny baubles I gave away. I feel guilty.
-Archavon

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
mileS said:
what spec are you talking about?

Okay I should probably start off by saying I don't think any class in WoW is difficult to play and I also don't want to sound like the more buttons you have to press the harder your class is.

This might have been true back when almost all you had to do was spam a steady shot macro but these days if you are playing marks and you fuck up your shot priority you aren't going to be doing nearly as much dps as other classes.

What's the difference between this and lets say a Mut rogue for example??
I guess I just get tired of people thinking the Hunter class is the easiest to play and requires zero skill to play because thats bullshit. I think a lot of that comes from people that have never played a hunter before or at least haven't played for a couple of years.
i havent played a Hunter since before LK hit and from what i see of them things have changed a lot. i didnt mean to start a whole thing about Hunters being easiest class to play or requiring zero skill.. i just meant that since most of the abilities are instant and the others can be macrod it was a class i enjoyed playing when i was drunk/high. i didnt have to worry about positioning like i would with my Enhancement Shaman or didnt have to go crazy with keeping track of adds and maintaining aggro like i did with my druid tank.

Thats only taking into account guild instance runs. When grinding for Primals or Marks or doing dailies it was always something i could do while watching TV because my pet took care of almost everything to where i wasnt in any danger. Contrast that to my experiences with long farming sessions with a warlock pet and it requires much more "micro-management" (dots, soul shards, etc) to where i had to focus more on the game then my catching up on Smallville.

Alex

Using a Steady Shot macro as a Hunter kinda instantly flags you as a rather piss poor player (not targeting anyone, just in response to the quoted response I missed).

It was DPS murder, and a big reason why we actually threw out three of our five Hunter's on the roster during TBC.

There was nowhere near parity between the macro using Hunters and the ones using manual shot weaving. People can say what they like about easy or hard or whatever, if you're putting in the research and effort into anything, it will show.

That is the one constant in WoW for me that I've noticed.

It's especially funny because it was this whole big thing for us during TBC earlyish. Basically involved a close friend of mine:

1.) He rerolled a Hunter for fun
2.) Started going into raids in blues at officer request
3.) OutDPSed all of the lazy/shot macro using Hunts by a sizeable amount (this grew to be fucking psychotic when he got a nice set and that Vasjh bow)
4.) Got class leader above other multi-year guildies (we only came into the guild in TBC)
5.) 100% getting raid spots above those same multi-year Hunters
6.) Those multi-year hunters eventually getting thrown out because they could never adjust to anywhere near his DPS, despite him trying to give advice and send them information. Too many years of laze?

That's usually our thing though. We join a mid-tier guild that gets things done, but always feels like it's held back by players. Then we join a high end guild and quit because everyone is an asshole. :lol

Really hoping for a good 10 man guild in Cata. We had a good thing going in early WOTLK, but it fell apart sadly. The first and on guild full of polite, funny people who were also high quality players in all my years of WoW.

Arment

Are Worgen going to have boot or helm models?

That's the worst thing about Trolls and why I refuse to play them. I hate feet. :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Arment said:
Are Worgen going to have boot or helm models?

That's the worst thing about Trolls and why I refuse to play them. I hate feet. :lol

Same, i don't really like their "TMNT" toes. It's not as bad with taurens or draeneis because hooves aren't as ugly as...that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom