• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more Cataclysm storyline info right here.

Cenarius and Jarod Shadowsong (Maiev's brother) are part of the Mount Hyjal quest line. Also there's apparently a cool fight between Ysera and Ragnaros that you get to interact with.

For Goblins, Thrall and Goblin leader Gallywix fight each other near the end of the Lost Isles quest chain. You do get to take part in the total asskicking of Gallywix with Thrall.

Also, I give to you Level 85 Boss Leader Lor'themar Theron. Perhaps he'll actually get to do something for once in this expansion.

pAIf0.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HarryDemeanor said:
Some more Cataclysm storyline info right here.

Cenarius and Jarod Shadowsong (Maiev's brother) are part of the Mount Hyjal quest line. Also there's apparently a cool fight between Ysera and Ragnaros that you get to interact with.

For Goblins, Thrall and Goblin leader Gallywix fight each other near the end of the Lost Isles quest chain. You do get to take part in the total asskicking of Gallywix with Thrall.
Does Ysera have a better model than she does in Wrath yet? (Probably not, even though the "unique" dragon models are just regular dragon models with horns and jewelry).

They better have some kind of fucking payoff for the Infinite Dragonflight storyline at some point. Shit's gone on way too fuckin' long.

Angry Grimace said:
Does Ysera have a better model than she does in Wrath yet? (Probably not, even though the "unique" dragon models are just regular dragon models with horns and jewelry).

They better have some kind of fucking payoff for the Infinite Dragonflight storyline at some point. Shit's gone on way too fuckin' long.

Nope, in-game she has a plain looking female Night Elf model with T5 Druid gear.

As for Infinite Dragonflight storyline I agree that it needs to end. There was barely any development in Wrath and I have no idea where the hell the story is heading. All I know is somehow Nozdormu is the leader or whatever.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ysera uses a stock Night Elf model atm.

The way they have integrated the entire Hyjal stuff seems to be absolutely mindblowing. You start off in Nordrassil, working your way down and taking out the Twilights, "resurrecting" the demigods at each shrine. Everything is phased so the further down you go, the more you reclaim the mountain. Eventually it comes down to Ysera, Cenarius and Malfurion tackling Ragnaros.

The fact that Jarod Shadowsong is back is huge too. This is the guy who unified the Night Elves and bitchslapped the Burning Legion. It took a united force of Alliance and Horde to do it the second time around.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HarryDemeanor said:
Nope, in-game she has a plain looking female Night Elf model with T5 Druid gear.

As for Infinite Dragonflight storyline I agree that it needs to end. There was barely any development in Wrath and I have no idea where the hell the story is heading. All I know is somehow Nozdormu is the leader or whatever.
Nozdormu is a pretty shitty villain, so I have to presume he's just a side villian for some future expansion, but they obviously want you to fight him at some point. In any case, I'm not even sure of whether Blizzard even has any more main expansion themed villains left after Deathwing. Yeah, there's Azshara and Nozdormu, but those guys are pretty fuckin' boring, tbh. Maybe if they hadn't blown Kil'jaeden on a last minute raid.

Evlar

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Nozdormu is a pretty shitty villain, so I have to presume he's just a side villian for some future expansion, but they obviously want you to fight him at some point. In any case, I'm not even sure of whether Blizzard even has any more main expansion themed villains left after Deathwing. Yeah, there's Azshara and Nozdormu, but those guys are pretty fuckin' boring, tbh. Maybe if they hadn't blown Kil'jaeden on a last minute raid.
Sargeras.

firex

They have the real Kil'Jaeden, and I could have sworn there was another part of the evil triumvirate besides Archimonde and KJ. And then they have another Old God or two they can probably bring back.

Oh, and an expansion where the horde and alliance finally get to team up and kill Garrosh and Varian!

CassSept

Angry Grimace said:
Yeah, there's Azshara and Nozdormu, but those guys are pretty fuckin' boring, tbh. Maybe if they hadn't blown Kil'jaeden on a last minute raid.
Kil'Jaeden was just banished, like Ragnaros, or Sargeras during war of the ancients. He will return later.
And I have to disagree that Azshara is boring. At the time of the Sundering she was the single most powerful mortal in Azeroth. And she has grown stronger in the last 10 thousand years.

Besides, we still don't know the force behind Emerald Nightmare, so that is something that will hopefully be resolved in the future expansions. Perhaps an Old God-themed expansion? We still have at least two unknown banished Old Gods, though one probably being the reason for Emerald Dream's corruption.
After that they can just make shit up. Portals, spaceships and stuff. It's not really hard and they could introduce another interesting planet into lore.
Edit: Ah, Stormrage novel. It was released during my break when I wasn't really following Warcraft news that much. So it is revealed that it was Xavius? Nevermind then...

Jrmint

So something just happened to me which I thought never would:

My account was hacked :(

I went log on this afternoon and it asked for an authenticator code which I do not have, and I knew it right that moment.

My main character which I have had over 2 years has been deleted
My other 2 characters have had everything of theirs that can be sold, sold

I am sure all of my gold has been sold to gold selling websites (I had over 15k before they sold all of my stuff).

Please help me cope with this GAF by telling me they will be able to get my character back and get all of my items and gold back as well. I am really nervous, and will most likely quit if they cannot restore my deleted character.

I will make sure to get an authenticator the moment I get my account back, and maybe I deserve it for not having one previously.

Please help me deal with this by telling me everything will be ok.

Rapstah

Skel said:
So something just happened to me which I thought never would:

My account was hacked :(

I went log on this afternoon and it asked for an authenticator code which I do not have, and I knew it right that moment.

My main character which I have had over 2 years has been deleted
My other 2 characters have had everything of theirs that can be sold, sold

I am sure all of my gold has been sold to gold selling websites (I had over 15k before they sold all of my stuff).

Please help me cope with this GAF by telling me they will be able to get my character back and get all of my items and gold back as well. I am really nervous, and will most likely quit if they cannot restore my deleted character.

I will make sure to get an authenticator the moment I get my account back, and maybe I deserve it for not having one previously.

Please help me deal with this by telling me everything will be ok.
They can get deleted characters back for quite a long time, so I wouldn't worry. All your items will be in logs on their side too so they're easily restorable.

Angry Grimace

DarkJC said:
Agreed. Wiped so many times in the last wave before both bosses in shitty pugs. I hate it when it comes up when I'm just trying to do the daily random.
The bigger problem being, people just drop group after wiping once because nobody wants to start over, so I never get any of the good "gearing up" loot that HoR has.

firex

I think the Emerald Nightmare is still going on, judging by that quest chain in Icecrown where you go into it for a brief moment. I mean, it's just one little quest, but it's a big hint of things that can come later.

Jrmint

Rapstah said:
They can get deleted characters back for quite a long time, so I wouldn't worry. All your items will be in logs on their side too so they're easily restorable.
Any idea how long it typically takes them?

firex

Skel said:
Any idea how long it typically takes them?
I would not expect all your gold back, but other hacked account stories I've read say to give it some time. I'd just sit back and relax... I know it's stressful, but wait until they restore stuff for you.

noisome07

Banned
My brother was recently hacked also. Everything that was vendorable was gone. All he had left was some pvp gear. All of his gold was gone but I guess the hacker got his mining all the way up to 450 and in the end he got everything back along with being able to keep mining. Took exactly a week to get his stuff back. We called blizzard if that makes a difference. Fuck tickets.

Interfectum

you get all your stuff back when hacked... (i was hacked twice)

not sure if they still do it but its super annoying if you got a lot of shit as they in-game mail you back every item. :lol

Jrmint

Interfectum said:

not sure if they still do it but its super annoying if you got a lot of shit as they in-game mail you back every item. :lol
I wonder how they'll do that for my main since the character was actually deleted. I also had about 150 emblems of frost which I'm sure they traded in for gems, so I wonder if I could get those restored as well. Also, did you get back the gems and stuff you had in your gear as well? It would be nice if they at least sent uncut ones, I doubt it though.

I have tried calling many times but they keep saying they have a shitton of calls and for me to call back, I'll try at the end of the day today, hopefully I can get through then. In the meantime I have sent an email.

noisome07

Banned
Interfectum said:

You can send up to 16 items in the mail so all you have to do is shift left click and it'll loot all of the items from that one mail.

noisome07

Banned
Skel said:
I wonder how they'll do that for my main since the character was actually deleted. I also had about 150 emblems of frost which I'm sure they traded in for gems, so I wonder if I could get those restored as well. Also, did you get back the gems and stuff you had in your gear as well? It would be nice if they at least sent uncut ones, I doubt it though.

I have tried calling many times but they keep saying they have a shitton of calls and for me to call back, I'll try at the end of the day today, hopefully I can get through then. In the meantime I have sent an email.
Keep calling. Just leave your phone on speaker. I tried calling the hour before the lines closed and I didn't get through at all.

Angry Grimace

Maxrpg said:
Ahh fuck me, I subbed again :lol :lol

Time to hunt for the battered hilt...
I've seen exactly one in probably 50+ runs each of PoS and FoS.

Hope you've got 8000 gold.

Skel said:

I got back all of my gear with enchants and gems on it, I also got back all of my gold, items, and frost badges. Every transaction that goes through the game is logged, so they just go back through the history and get your gear/badges back that way.
When you do get through here's what to do: at the start of the call it will ask you to use the automated system, use it. Choose any options it gives close to the help you need. After you go through a couple of menus it will ask if the solution they gave helped, choose no. You are now at the very top of the queue and should be helped within a couple minutes rather than an hour.

Jrmint

Perspicacity said:
I got back all of my gear with enchants and gems on it, I also got back all of my gold, items, and frost badges. Every transaction that goes through the game is logged, so they just go back through the history and get your gear/badges back that way.
When you do get through here's what to do: at the start of the call it will ask you to use the automated system, use it. Choose any options it gives close to the help you need. After you go through a couple of menus it will ask if the solution they gave helped, choose no. You are now at the very top of the queue and should be helped within a couple minutes rather than an hour.
Awesome thanks for that tip.

And that is great news you got your gem and enchants back as well. I'm starting to feel better about the whole situation, thanks so much GAF.

Angry Grimace

HarryDemeanor said:
They still have Sargeras in the villain pile.
I'm aware of Sargeras, but killing Sargeras means the game is literally over. Every single villain is basically a subordinate of Sargeras and the game makes no sense to have a villain beyond Sargeras unless Aman'thul magically becomes evil.

The Lich King was the main villain of an expansion, but the LK himself was created from a fraction of the power of one of Sargeras's subordinates, who himself only got his powers from Sargeras. (despite the irony that Kil'Jaeden created the Lich King using his own powers, he's 10 levels lower than him. But this is really a consequence of two things, one; that Blizzard had to burn Kil'Jaeden because they fucked up and ruined Illidan, and because of the Sorting Algorithm of Evil making Arthas stronger because more people give a shit about Arthas than Kil'jaeden)

Angry Grimace said:
I'm aware of Sargeras, but killing Sargeras means the game is literally over. Every single villain is basically a subordinate of Sargeras and the game makes no sense to have a villain beyond Sargeras unless Aman'thul magically becomes evil.

The Lich King was the main villain of an expansion, but the LK himself was created from a fraction of the power of one of Sargeras's subordinates, who himself only got his powers from Sargeras. (despite the irony that Kil'Jaeden created the Lich King using his own powers, he's 10 levels lower than him. But this is really a consequence of two things, one; that Blizzard had to burn Kil'Jaeden because they fucked up and ruined Illidan, and because of the Sorting Algorithm of Evil making Arthas stronger because more people give a shit about Arthas than Kil'jaeden)

Yeah, killing Segaras would be like killing Satan. I think Blizzards intends for the conflict to go on forever... Fitting. There will always be war, just like in the real world.

Xabora

Vigilant Walrus said:
Yeah, killing Segaras would be like killing Satan. I think Blizzards intends for the conflict to go on forever... Fitting. There will always be war, just like in the real world.
Blizzard would find someway to wedge the Starcraft Universe with the Warcraft Universe.

Its only fitting. :lol

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I don't see why Blizzard couldn't just start making new content in terms of story. It's what they did throughout the RTS era of Warcraft after all. It's only that throughout WoW, the game has been largely relying on these previously laid out bits of lore in terms of looking for big bads, instead of moving forward with original ideas. There'll come a time when Blizzard has to start bringing more original ideas story-wise into the game, as the well of old villains is starting to run dry. Of course the quality thereof is debatable, but I wouldn't complain if they at least tried to go that route eventually.

Angry Grimace

Mr Nash said:
I don't see why Blizzard couldn't just start making new content in terms of story. It's what they did throughout the RTS era of Warcraft after all. It's only that throughout WoW, the game has been largely relying on these previously laid out bits of lore in terms of looking for big bads, instead of moving forward with original ideas. There'll come a time when Blizzard has to start bringing more original ideas story-wise into the game, as the well of old villains is starting to run dry. Of course the quality thereof is debatable, but I wouldn't complain if they at least tried to go that route eventually.
Because nobody wants new story, they want to kill WC 1-3 d00dz

Xabora

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25002150557&pageNo=1

This is a notice that we’re making changes in 3.3.5 in attempts to break the ability for the AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality) mod to continue functioning. For those unaware, this mod allows players to draw in the 3D space of the game world, which can then be shared with others who are also using the mod. In some cases this manifests itself through drawing/tagging/defacing the game world, but more popularly is used to give visual guides for dungeon and raid encounters.

We’re making this change for two reasons. The invasive nature of a mod altering and/or interacting with the game world (virtually or directly) is not intended and not something we will allow. World of Warcraft UI addons are never intended to interact with the game world itself. This is mirrored in our stance and restriction of model and texture alterations. The second reason is that it removes too much player reaction and decision-making while facing dungeon and raid encounters. While some other mods also work to this end, we find that AVR and the act of visualizing strategy within the game world simply goes beyond what we’re willing to allow.

The change we’re making in attempts to break the functionality is light in its touch and approach. When blocking any functionality we run the risk of affecting other mods, but we’ve targeted the changes as carefully as possible. If we find that the AVR mod (or any mod attempting to replicate its functions) are usable after 3.3.5 we will take further, more drastic steps.

:lol

btw: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/wmv_lk/
;)

Angry Grimace

Sciz

Mr Nash said:
It was easier to get away with before because they'd never bothered fleshing out the fiction thoroughly, so tacking on all sorts of extra races and locations and history was just a matter of filling in all of the "here be dragons" space-time. That's all more or less set in stone now, except for what gets retconned.

Angry Grimace

Sciz said:
It was easier to get away with before because they'd never bothered fleshing out the fiction thoroughly, so tacking on all sorts of extra races and locations and history was just a matter of filling in all of the "here be dragons" space-time. That's all more or less set in stone now, except for what gets retconned.
Playable Pandaren plz

180px-Pandarenbrewmaster.JPG

firex

Pandaren should seriously be a new race (horde race since the playable brewmasters in TFT both worked with what are now horde races) but probably won't. I don't know if the rumor of not wanting to piss off China is true or not, but supposedly that's why they scrapped pandaren from before.

As far as original villains go, actually some of the stuff in WoW that was original (or at least not in the RTS games as far as I can tell) was pretty badass. Like the Old Gods, AQ, Ulduar, Ragnaros, etc. Although they did spin some good stuff out of WC1 (or was it 2?) in classic WoW with BRS/UBRS/BWL.

I still expect another couple expansions outside of Azeroth, though. Especially expansions in some planets formerly inhabited by Naaru or Burning Legion outpost worlds, or another world shaped by the Titans. Though I think they missed the boat on explaining how present the Legion is with TBC through just one little flavor thing. All they had to do was put in a no-durability death if you fly too far away from Outland, with some scary shit waiting outside because apparently the Legion controls most of the "great dark" (outer space).

J-Rzez

Xabora said:

Seriously. All these add-ons are bullshit. Even DBM / BigWigs. It takes so much out of the game. PVE is real hard though, real hard. Really-really hard. What's far worse is that there are people with those mods and they still don't get the hell out of the way.

This game attracts some of the worst players I've ever seen. Not just being a plague to the community with their attitudes, but the play skill levels vary incredibly for some a simple to play game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom