• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flib

Dina said:
Gearing my resto druid (not bear, sorry neogaffer who rejoiced having another one! :lol ) has been fairly painless, but could be better. Most annoying is that after 20 HoR runs, the snowflake trinket hasn't dropped once. I also haven't seen the HoR offhand ever drop, but thankfully I got the TotC10 one from dark/light.

The snowflake only dropped for my druid once I was tanking it. Won it, too :D .

I'm resto and bear, much love for both (though I currently main my bear, even though it is retardedly easy).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still want to know why Muradin was being a douche to Saurfang and not letting him get his son's body.

mclem

Angry Grimace said:
I still want to know why Muradin was being a douche to Saurfang and not letting him get his son's body.

I don't think it was malice, so much as having been so dyed-in-the-wool anti-horde - remember, he's a veteran of the Third War - that he just couldn't countenance allowing him anything.

His phrasing suggests that he knew allowing Saurfang past was the right thing to do, he just couldn't bring himself to do so.

Reading up on what's been happening in the game since i quit made me realise just why i hate the way wow tells the story of warcraft. A lot of ways it's just down to how the gameplay mechanics work. (blood elves have no real reason to be horde any more, but they can't possibly leave because of how popular they are)

Large chunks of the story that you have to read about on dozens of disjointed wiki pages because it's either padded out in long quest chains or in content that a fair chunk of the playerbase likely won't experience because of the time investment involved.

Similar thing happened with Warhammer online, another beloved setting of mine. But mythic really butchered that universe.

Anyway reached 70 yesterday, howling fjords is a daaamn good looking zone.

Jrmint

fizzelopeguss said:
Anyway reached 70 yesterday, howling fjords is a daaamn good looking zone.
Grats!

Yea it is my favorite zone in the game, the music and look just go so well together, and there are so many beautiful vistas to take screenshots of while flying through the zone.

markot

Banned
worgenbears.jpg

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The Worgen forms look good but nothing really unique about them. Tauren get horns, Nelfs get ears (lol) and Trolls get tusks/mohawks.. Worgen get manes?

water_wendi said:
The Worgen forms look good but nothing really unique about them. Tauren get horns, Nelfs get ears (lol) and Trolls get tusks/mohawks.. Worgen get manes?

It's not the most uniqe thing ever, but considering that Wolf is not THAT far from Cat/Bear, I think it's okay. I think it looks different enough... and with two new druid races, druids should feel more varied than before:=)

As for skill vs gear checks, I had the greatest time with Ick in Pit of Saron the other day. Played with two total noobs as well as my l33t sister (her tanking). Well, the mage and healing priest went down in the first poison nova. The nice thing about that fight is that it's not much of a tank and spank, but rather how well you deal with his attacks. Almost oldschool shooter boss-like. So we danced around him, kept taking turns hacking at his back when he pursued someone else and eventually brought him down. More bosses like that, please.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SiegfriedFM said:
As for skill vs gear checks, I had the greatest time with Ick in Pit of Saron the other day. Played with two total noobs as well as my l33t sister (her tanking). Well, the mage and healing priest went down in the first poison nova. The nice thing about that fight is that it's not much of a tank and spank, but rather how well you deal with his attacks. Almost oldschool shooter boss-like. So we danced around him, kept taking turns hacking at his back when he pursued someone else and eventually brought him down. More bosses like that, please.
the boss is too simple really. the only skill it requires is to get out of the way at certain points. the trash is annoying.

poison nova hit the mage and priest? it's a 15 yard spell. they should have learned not to stand too close to any boss ages ago. :/

pxleyes

Banned
I'm still rather pissed Blizzard is spending all this time on another cash sucking scheme like the mobile auction house. All the while they have made no indication of an Android Armory app even coming out.

VaLiancY

Those Worgen druids are cool but like someone else said they don't look that unique. Horde win this one with hurr durr horns, fangs and mohawks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
pxleyes said:
I'm still rather pissed Blizzard is spending all this time on another cash sucking scheme like the mobile auction house. All the while they have made no indication of an Android Armory app even coming out.
I've been wanting a mobile auction house for a long time. Making you pay a few dollars for it is one thing... but a damn monthly subscription?

Alex

yeah, I can understand maybe like 5 dollars, or maybe even as far as tacking 99 cents a month on your sub but 3 bucks a month? Thats just gouging.

JesseZao

Alex said:
yeah, I can understand maybe like 5 dollars, or maybe even as far as tacking 99 cents a month on your sub but 3 bucks a month? Thats just gouging.

I was prepared to cough up a one time fee of $5 or so, but I am sure not going to bite on the monthly fee when i resub for cata. I suppose they can say they need to maintain servers for the mobile browsing of the AH, but it's already incredibly gimped without addons. No thanks.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oooh, that's nice, i won't have to look at Wowhead everytime i lvl an alt to know what kind of new spell/rank i get every 2 lvls and if it's worth it to see my trainer. :D

firex

So shamans get an elemental-only banish? Actually I guess this means warlock banish will also be coming back as a useful CC, if they felt they needed to give elemental-specific CC to another class.

Gonan start playing again this weekend

Ill probably dual box with 2 diff machines and do the recruit a friend to lvl myself up..

How are hunters these days?

Its the only class I really haven't ever played so that is what I'm gonna roll with.

Any suggestions on a good PvE build? And if anyone wants to do recruit a friend.. let me know.. Id rather not have to dual box .. I'm in US CST time.. willing to play every night to get to 60 fast. :) Last time I did it it took 4-5 days with another GAFer :D

firex

definitely go beast mastery for fast leveling as a hunter. If you are going to 2box I'd make a druid or priest alt so you don't have to worry about dying.

although personally I don't want to make a hunter now because they are changing so much in cataclysm, it'll be like a brand new class.

J-Rzez

pxleyes said:

Things like this make me hate this company with a passion. Seriously, it's not needed. If it were free to all, that's one thing, but it's not. Now there will be "premium" accounts that are going to give those who buy in an advantage over those that refuse or can't justify the cost.

This is what they're wasting their fucking time on. I don't care if they say they have a dedicated mobile app team. Would have been better to not have them and hire more people for the art team so they don't recycle nearly as much shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Oooh, that's nice, i won't have to look at Wowhead everytime i lvl an alt to know what kind of new spell/rank i get every 2 lvls and if it's worth it to see my trainer. :D
You won't have to get ranks anyways, of course.

firex

As stupid as it sounds, the new one rank system might make leveling a bit dull. I expect they will do a better job than Lord of the Rings Online (which had this same one rank system since launch, and also has no weapon skill levels, just like WoW is removing in Cataclysm) but having abilities spread out like that will make leveling a bit less exciting. Although they will most likely do a much better job at distributing skills than LotRO does. It will be better for caster classes, since they can go for long stretches of levels with main dps spells lagging behind due to ranks being spread out, but it definitely takes away one of the more exciting aspects of leveling when you have nothing new coming for 6-8 levels. Maybe it's just me, because I kind of like the powered up feeling from getting new ranks even if this new system is actually better for players overall.

I also hope this means they give some expansion spells earlier.

Alex

I'm all for the removal of weapon skills, at least. The only time I ever noticed them was when I would have to go back and binge one up.

Ranks I could take or leave, I dont really have an opinion here.

firex said:
As stupid as it sounds, the new one rank system might make leveling a bit dull. I expect they will do a better job than Lord of the Rings Online (which had this same one rank system since launch, and also has no weapon skill levels, just like WoW is removing in Cataclysm) but having abilities spread out like that will make leveling a bit less exciting. Although they will most likely do a much better job at distributing skills than LotRO does. It will be better for caster classes, since they can go for long stretches of levels with main dps spells lagging behind due to ranks being spread out, but it definitely takes away one of the more exciting aspects of leveling when you have nothing new coming for 6-8 levels. Maybe it's just me, because I kind of like the powered up feeling from getting new ranks even if this new system is actually better for players overall.

I also hope this means they give some expansion spells earlier.

I feel what you are saying and have the same concerns. There is a psychological effect about having to go into town at every second level to skill up. It's like the players are being grounded, and regrouped. Maybe you are far away from a trainer, but you need to do some banking, check the AH, and might just want to see whats up.. but the need for skill training at every second level was really what brought people into town, I think.

Weapon skill is fine. It was a nuisance just training all the time, and it was confusing for newbies how it didnt apply for pvp, but for pve and if you had several characters, suddenly going from weapon skill 1 to 350, because you finally got a cool fist weapon or polearm or whatever...

Something they could do, is start path of the titans early. if they can make this alternative advancement system relevant all the way through from lvl 10 and up, or something like that, and somehow include the class trainers for instructions, it might be a worthy addition.

or what if talents also had to be learned from a trainer as well? then you would have to go trainer at every level... but that might be a nuisance... that would mean going to a trainer 75 times at least...

Magnus

TurtleSnatcher said:
Gonan start playing again this weekend

Ill probably dual box with 2 diff machines and do the recruit a friend to lvl myself up..

How are hunters these days?

Its the only class I really haven't ever played so that is what I'm gonna roll with.

Any suggestions on a good PvE build? And if anyone wants to do recruit a friend.. let me know.. Id rather not have to dual box .. I'm in US CST time.. willing to play every night to get to 60 fast. :) Last time I did it it took 4-5 days with another GAFer :D

My PC isn't much of a stellar beast at all, and I 3-boxed on just it, the one computer, by alt-tabbing between my windows. Was really handy. :)

firex

Alex said:
I'm all for the removal of weapon skills, at least. The only time I ever noticed them was when I would have to go back and binge one up.

Ranks I could take or leave, I dont really have an opinion here.
I'm fine with getting rid of weapon skills, too. Mostly because it doesn't make a lot of sense that you can train in using a weapon from a weapon master, but then have to grind it (and can't grind it on a training dummy because that would be convenient and logical) just to be able to hit things. I just wonder if less frequent skill training won't make the leveling experience feel a little more dull. Then again, I only think that because it's awesome to train a new rank of a skill I really like using, and see it go from fun to use (like execute) to awesome because the new rank does insanely increased damage when you first get it. It's like getting a brief window of feeling way overpowered while soloing.

Alex

I agree, but you also have that moment of pitifulness where you haven't had a rank up in ages and your +17 spell damage in shit old world itemization isn't cutting it :lol

We'll see how they space out the abilities now and how some of the new questing keeps the flow.

Weird.. I log on to manage my old account and to send a RAF to a e-mail and it says my acocunt is locked.. lol

I then decide to check that e-mail account and apparently I got an email back in January saying my account was suspended. (I haven't played since August).

Said I was trading real money for in game items.. what? Never done that ever and I hadn't played for 4+ months from that date of the email.

I then see I also apparently did a password change that day.. but I think I did it to register for SC2 Beta (I think?). Whats odd is the date of the pw change e-mail and the date of the account suspension email were both on the same day.

No clue what happened. Welp.. I have another account so I guess ill do it from them.. But now I have no high lvl chars to pull gold from.. Dang.. maybe I just wont play or do RAF now.. lol.

Aeris130

TurtleSnatcher said:
Weird.. I log on to manage my old account and to send a RAF to a e-mail and it says my acocunt is locked.. lol

I then decide to check that e-mail account and apparently I got an email back in January saying my account was suspended. (I haven't played since August).

Said I was trading real money for in game items.. what? Never done that ever and I hadn't played for 4+ months from that date of the email.

I then see I also apparently did a password change that day.. but I think I did it to register for SC2 Beta (I think?). Whats odd is the date of the pw change e-mail and the date of the account suspension email were both on the same day.

No clue what happened. Welp.. I have another account so I guess ill do it from them.. But now I have no high lvl chars to pull gold from.. Dang.. maybe I just wont play or do RAF now.. lol.

Password change that you can't remember + account suspended + some illegal activity you didn't do, all on the same day = you got hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom