• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aeris130 said:
Email blizz and see if you can get them back. Got my chars restored in 2 days, though I reported it as soon as it happened.
Yea somehow doubting they will help :lol

Likewise it doesnt even give you an option to e-mail them in the e-mail. It just says 'Tough luck read this faq, you shoulda kept your account more secure' :\

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TurtleSnatcher said:
Yea somehow doubting they will help :lol

Likewise it doesnt even give you an option to e-mail them in the e-mail. It just says 'Tough luck read this faq, you shoulda kept your account more secure' :\
They always help.

They will restore characters you deleted on purpose like a year and a half later.

They WANT to suck you in.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Just got my Wintergrasp Veteran achievement so not so much WG from here on out, thank god. Now its back to doing household chores and stuff while i farm Jazzrik for Bloodsail rep :lol Only have to kill him just under 3000 more times :(

Gattsu25

Banned
water_wendi said:
Just got my Wintergrasp Veteran achievement so not so much WG from here on out, thank god. Now its back to doing household chores and stuff while i farm Jazzrik for Bloodsail rep :lol Only have to kill him just under 3000 more times :(
What benefit do you get out of the achievement? Why do you have to farm Jazzrik?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Gattsu25 said:
What benefit do you get out of the achievement? Why do you have to farm Jazzrik?
Theres no achievement for Exalted with Bloodsail.. i just figure that when Cata hits it might not be possible to do so id better get it done now. Unemployed at the moment so i spend lots of time gardening/housework/etc so i just come in every 10 minutes or so and kill him.

CassSept

water_wendi said:
Theres no achievement for Exalted with Bloodsail.. i just figure that when Cata hits it might not be possible to do so id better get it done now. Unemployed at the moment so i spend lots of time gardening/housework/etc so i just come in every 10 minutes or so and kill him.
You didn't finish the quest from Bloodsail, right? Cause it is the only way to get exalted with them >.>

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
CassSept said:
You didn't finish the quest from Bloodsail, right? Cause it is the only way to get exalted with them >.>
There is one mob that will give rep into exalted. Hes on like a 2 day respawn timer and north of Stormwind Harbor.

CassSept

water_wendi said:
There is one mob that will give rep into exalted. Hes on like a 2 day respawn timer and north of Stormwind Harbor.
No, Jazzrik gives you rep only up to 20999/21000 revered. You need the Bloodsail quest to push it over to exalted.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
CassSept said:
Ah, sorry. I wasn't aware of this one mob. Honestly, in all sources in the past I always missed Jorrik's existence :(
GL, you can do it:D
Thanks haha. Reading the page there was a time when there were no mobs that did but it looks like he was added in 3.0.2 for that specific purpose. i think any of us that do something like this have mental problems :lol

Since ive come back ive made a vow that my DK is my main, now and forever. Mostly because the friends that are paying for my return went Horde where my previous main was my Druid. i really like to solo stuff so DK does a good job there.

And Achievements pretty much destroyed me. i always did crazy stuff before just to do it but now there is a record instead of screen shots, videos or nice full green bars :lol

I'm really close to resubbing again(can't resist!) and was wondering what would be better choice to level, DK or warrior? I plan on being tank, and I'd rather level them that way(instances and practice along the way). They are both 64 atm.
I see in cataclysm there will be big changes for DK tanking, mainly blood being tank dedicated tree.
But now the way I see it is DK is less complicated tank, more easier to level(being kind of DPS tank) and easier to play overall while prot warrior seems more complicated hmm.

Any thoughts on this? I might manage even to do few raids with them if all goes well...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
All i can say is that i really love tanking with a warrior. You have so many tools at your dispositions, no fixed rotation of attacks, you just use whatever is not on cooldown and what you feel is necessary. (Like using Thunderclap/Cleave/Revenge/Shockwave on AOE, or spam Devastate/Shield Slam/Revenge/Heroic Strike on single targets).

You do have a lot of buttons to use if you wanna do great with tanking though, and sometime switch targets in AOE situations(like throwing a Devastate/Shield Slam on random targets while continuing to spam Cleave/Thunderclap).

It probably seems like a lot of work on paper, but i love it. Much more interesting than doing Arcane Blast x4 + Arcane Missile & repeat with my mage, or just spam Sinister Strike and refresh Slice & Dice on my rogue. Pressing more buttons isn't always bad, it just makes it more entertaining. :lol Also, i can't see myself tanking without Charge or a shield, and i find paladins boring. Charge just give me enough time to do threat on a group while the rest of my party reach them.

Not to mention, warriors aren't stuck with the shitty reputation of DKs.

Sounds good, now gotta figure out if I should stick around or transfer my character somewhere. ( it's on RP pvp server and I know noone).
Got cute little gnome warrior with pink hair hahaha, awesome warrior

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Also, i dont think i'll even switch back to a DPS tree with my warrior once Cataclysm is released for lvling from 80 to 85. My prot warrior do enough damage as it is with Revenge critting for over 9000!(yes, i said it) and me taking barely any damage at all.

Seriously, the buff they did to Revenge is the best thing they could do for tanking. Hitting 2 targets at once, critting for nearly 10k and only costing 2 Rage with the appropriate talents? Revenge is always my #1 damage attack with Recount now, beating by nearly 10% the #2 attack which varies a lot depending on the instance.(It's usually Cleave :p) Cleave with the glyph to hit 3 targets help a lot for AOE tanking.

Swag

Bisnic said:
Not to mention, warriors aren't stuck with the shitty reputation of DKs.

At times I wish my warrior tank was a DK tank (sometimes), DK burst threat is so insane. Icy Touch doing like 20k threat /cry.

Also Off Tanking as a warrior is pretty annoying as well, on fights like Lanathel where you can't proc revenge I just stack sunder and make sure it doesn't fall off, tab in every minute to place myself for incite.

So boring when you aren't blocking for revenge / SnB procs.

has lvling up significantly improved just by yourself? Like is it much much easier to lvl up or is it still a bit of a pain?

I'm comparing it to BC and Pre-BC days here. :lol

Not sure if they sped up the 1-60 process much.

DarkJC

TurtleSnatcher said:
has lvling up significantly improved just by yourself? Like is it much much easier to lvl up or is it still a bit of a pain?

Compared to pre-BC days? Much much faster.

Hixx

TurtleSnatcher said:

My first 60 took about 14 days /played, although that was a Paladin pre-tbc. It takes about 3 days played now, so its massively 'improved'.

Rapstah

Interesting: judging from the internal ID numbers of quests in the game, early Eversong Woods quests (the Blood Elf starting area) were developed at the same time as Silithus (Ahn'Quiraj War Effort world event) and Felwood (Timbermaw Hold rep quests). That's quite a long while before the expansion was released.

CassSept

Rapstah said:
Interesting: judging from the internal ID numbers of quests in the game, early Eversong Woods quests (the Blood Elf starting area) were developed at the same time as Silithus (Ahn'Quiraj War Effort world event) and Felwood (Timbermaw Hold rep quests). That's quite a long while before the expansion was released.
Well, that makes sense. TBC was revealed on BlizzCon 2005, which took place in October 2k5. There was early playable build which featured, iirc, part of Eversong Woods (then named Eversong Forest).
Patch 1.9 was released in January 2006, so the quests must've been developed at least few months earlier.
Thus, it does make perfect sense that they were made about the same time :)

Rapstah

CassSept said:
Well, that makes sense. TBC was revealed on BlizzCon 2005, which took place in October 2k5. There was early playable build which featured, iirc, part of Eversong Woods (then named Eversong Forest).
Patch 1.9 was released in January 2006, so the quests must've been developed at least few months earlier.
Thus, it does make perfect sense that they were made about the same time :)
All the quests in that range seem to take place in the "middle part" of Eversong, south of Silvermoon. If there's some way to determine whether the preview build actually took place in that area then you're absolutely right. I was actually more confused about the Timbermaw things since I thought those were in the game at launch.

EDIT: Wow, apparently the Ahn'Quiraj War Effort quests were also playable in the test build of Burning Crusade they had running at Blizzcon 05.

CassSept said:
http://www.wowwiki.com/1.9

So yeah, they were included in the same patch as AQ, so they were developed at the same time as it and seemingly TBC.
But which Eversong part was playable at Blizzcon 2005, I have sadly no idea. I haven't played it back then, but I remember when it had been revealed.

When I played the BlizzCon 2005 build of TBC, the part we were able to play was the starting zone. I believe we were only able to go up until we got to the ruined part of Silvermoon which was blocked off by an invisible wall.

Rapstah said:
Wow, apparently the Ahn'Quiraj War Effort quests were also playable in the test build of Burning Crusade they had running at Blizzcon 05.

Now I don't remember being able to do Ahn'Qiraj War Effort quests at BlizzCon 2005. I do remember we were able to run an early build of AQ20.

Rapstah

HarryDemeanor said:
When I played the BlizzCon 2005 build of TBC, the part we were able to play was the starting zone. I believe we were only able to go up until we got to the ruined part of Silvermoon which was blocked off by an invisible wall.

Now I don't remember being able to do Ahn'Qiraj War Effort quests at BlizzCon 2005. I do remember we were able to run an early build of AQ20.
Some of the quests for Sunstrider Isle are actually even earlier in the ID list (100 or so quests earlier), but are preceded by Silithus stuff too.

EDIT: And before that there are Hallow's Eve quests and before that are battleground quests. This could just be a matter of Blizzard going back and re-using old un-used quest IDs, but the BG quests in question were released with 1.11.

Xabora

Rapstah said:
Some of the quests for Sunstrider Isle are actually even earlier in the ID list (100 or so quests earlier), but are preceded by Silithus stuff too.

EDIT: And before that there are Hallow's Eve quests and before that are battleground quests. This could just be a matter of Blizzard going back and re-using old un-used quest IDs, but the BG quests in question were released with 1.11.
Ignore the dude complaning:
http://tlundmark.blogspot.com/2006/02/why-wow-is-bad-game-reason-8.html

Just take a look at alot of the stuff that was proofed.

Rapstah

Xabora said:

That is amazing to look at, thanks.

I mean, like this - Outland minimap texture from release (!!!):
Outlands.jpg

CassSept

Xabora said:

Oh shit, that's a lot of stuff I had no idea of, even though I've read a lot about WoW betas, past changes, unfinished stuff etc.
Black Morass was in game since the release of WoW, back in 2004? Karazhan was finished before Naxx? AQ was there since the beginning? There was even a part of Outland already there?
Mind=blown :eek:

Xabora

FLEABttn

Banned
CassSept said:
Karazhan was finished before Naxx?

And was completely redesigned at that. A number of years ago, one of the Noggaholics, Cryect, released a patch that changed ZF into the original Kara. It was totally different than what ended up in game.

Rapstah

FLEABttn said:
And was completely redesigned at that. A number of years ago, one of the Noggaholics, Cryect, released a patch that changed ZF into the original Kara. It was totally different than what ended up in game.
Didn't old Karazhan have a ride on skeletal gryphons as part of the instance somewhere? I remember seeing the skeletal gryphon pen on the outside of the tower a few patches ago.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Rapstah said:
Didn't old Karazhan have a ride on skeletal gryphons as part of the instance somewhere? I remember seeing the skeletal gryphon pen on the outside of the tower a few patches ago.
In development there was going to be a flight path as part of the instance, they removed it but the location where it would have been is still there - and you can still see the skeletal gryphons flying around outside of the area by the final boss.

notworksafe

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wow 3 days played? Damn.

Thanks guys :p

Any server you would recommend I should join? I rather not be lonely :p
If you're going Horde, I recommend Area 52. Lots of people and the economy is good. I'm in a nice guild with some other GAF people if you want to join up.

notworksafe

Cool! Just let me know your character name and I'll invite you. I'm Aurayouready but I'll be watching Lost tonight so I probably won't be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom