• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

fizzelopeguss said:
Still seeing lots of crying about worgen on other forums. Really now, if you're ok with forsaken, giant man cows and big blue russians who crash landed in a pink crystal spaceship (led by holy windchimes)...then you should be ok with wolf men.

Worgen and tauren players can share yiffing tips...fuck!

The only problem with that is, undead and spacegoats don't really have an installed erotic fanbase (necrophilia aside, of course). Tauren are technically furries, but I wouldn't call them overly sexualized. Female Tauren don't seem exceptionally sexy, at least in my opinion.

Then again, neither do wolfmen or the female worgen we've seen so far. But based on the furries I've seen on the interwebs, wolves and cats are like #1 and #2 in the furry foodchain.

I'm sure a large part of it has to do with Hordies who are jealous of the alliance getting werewolves... and of course, they are obviously idiots since Goblins are clearly the coolest race. Ever. :lol Hopefully they'll pay to race change their Belfs into wolves and we'll be rid of them... too bad Worgen can't be paladins or we'd be completely free :D.

Edit: Glad to see I'm not the only one who refers to them as Windchimes. TBC's lore was such a clusterfuck.

TBC never happened, When we're levelling our new cata chars they should just put the dark portal on lockdown and have the bronze dragons "phase" your character forward 10 levels "loltimewarp"

Alex

I just dont like walking, talking fuzzy animals. Worgen and Tauren both get my wrath. I'm not actually even that concerned with what people will play them.

I'm sure a lot of perfectly normal people will in addition to whatever manner of creepies but I just dont like that style at all. That's the source of my bleargh.

Goblins? Awesome. Draenei? Awesome. Undead? Awesome. Fuzzy biped wolf dude? Go away.

Fularu

Banned
I've never ever seen anyone refer to taurens as "furries". They are fucking cows. When I rolled a Tauren, it was because it looked like a freakin Minotaur and I love the Greek mythology! That was an obvious choice for me.

Fularu

Banned
Bisnic said:
Which reminds me, i got a DK yesterday who queued as Tank. He didn't say a word, was fighting in Blood Presence, had only 2 or 3 piece of tank gear and only 20k HP unbuffed. Needless to say after we killed the 1st mob, i asked him if he was thinking of tanking like that all the way, then the rest of the group asked a bunch of questions like if ever did this place, if he ever tanked before, etc... he left soon after, yet again without saying a word.

Good thing i rarely see this kind of stupid DPS who think they can tank like they DPS.
Once I did TOC25 on my warrior as DPS, for a change of pace and I kept pulling agro off of the warrior tank. I thought that I was overgearing him to such an extent that, well, I was just pulling. After a few bosses I started looking at his rotation (I'm a tank at heart, so it's kind of a forte for me) and I was amazed by what I saw. In 5 bosses the guy never used :

- Shield Slam
- Revenge
- Thunderclap
- Vigilance
- Heroic Strike

He was just spamming devastate all fight long. His spec was awfull (like 71 points in prot, or close enough) and I stopped wondering what was going on.

Idiots are everywhere, you just shrug it off and roll with it :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
I just dont like walking, talking fuzzy animals. Worgen and Tauren both get my wrath. I'm not actually even that concerned with what people will play them.

I'm sure a lot of perfectly normal people will in addition to whatever manner of creepies but I just dont like that style at all. That's the source of my bleargh.

Goblins? Awesome. Draenei? Awesome. Undead? Awesome. Fuzzy biped wolf dude? Go away.
As far as Tauren go. The look amazing in armor because of their large scale. 2H weapons looks boss.

You can even tell they are a fuzzy animals while covered in armor head to toe.

Alex

Nah, still dislike how they look. I usually prefer short races, so the scale doesn't do much for me. :p

Tauren are less gross than Worgen, though. Something about the Worgen are just a little extra creepy to me.

noisome07

Banned
I never thought I'd have more fun playing with a couple friends than raiding with Impervious- 6 days a week. So glad I stopped raiding. What a waste of fucking time that was.

cdyhybrid

I wonder how many RPers I could kill if I made an AE-focused Mage and ran into the Goldshire Inn and blew all my cooldowns. Depending on the answer, I may or may not resubscribe early :lol

noisome07

Banned
cdyhybrid said:
I wonder how many RPers I could kill if I made an AE-focused Mage and ran into the Goldshire Inn and blew all my cooldowns. Depending on the answer, I may or may not resubscribe early :lol

They won't attack you.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Nah, still dislike how they look. I usually prefer short races, so the scale doesn't do much for me. :p

Tauren are less gross than Worgen, though. Something about the Worgen are just a little extra creepy to me.
Worgen are Warewovles dude. Which is cool. What about people playing bear and car druids? Is that creepy?

Sounds like you're very insecure about Furries to the point you question anyone playing one. You know, there are some people who get sexually aroused by bridges and roller coasters.

noisome07

Banned
DeathNote said:
Worgen are Warewovles dude. Which is cool. What about people playing bear and car druids? Is that creepy?

Sounds like you're very insecure about Furries to the point you question anyone playing one. You know, there are some people who get sexually aroused by bridges and roller coasters.

yea that's pretty creepy :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
noisome07 said:
yea that's pretty creepy :lol
cat :p

I grew up seeing talking animals and killer werewolves on TV all the time. Nude human like animal hentai is creepy but it doesn't keep me from enjoying yogi bear and the pink panther.

Alex

DeathNote said:

I think you're missing the part where I said I dont really care who plays what or who does what, I keep out of EVERYONES business in this game except for a couple very close friends.

I just find biped animals of that sort to be aesthetically pretty gross to look at, it's fun to clown about on a message board, but it's not gonna make me not play with someone or something.

With that said, you don't need to get mad to the point where you try to diagnose me. :lol

Nude human like animal hentai is creepy but it doesn't keep me from enjoying yogi bear and the pink panther.

Why are you now talking about hentai!?

But Yogi and stuff, that's really different, this stuff is a totally different vibe. Total cartoon affair versus shapely humanoid.

Meh, The Female Worgens are the really gross ones, to me. Everyone has their own thing but I can't even imagine what someone could find even remotely appealing about those things. "You can play as this rad Goblin or this retarded shecat, CHOOSE".

Tauren are a lot less offensive on the eyes and are at least somewhat respectable despite my disdain for the style. Even with the old, dusty models. (which I still pray get some overhauls)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
I think you're missing the part where I said I dont really care who plays what or who does what, I keep out of EVERYONES business in this game except for a couple very close friends.

I just find biped animals of that sort to be aesthetically pretty gross to look at, it's fun to clown about on a message board, but it's not gonna make me not play with someone or something.

With that said, you don't need to get mad to the point where you try to diagnose me. :lol

Why are you now talking about hentai!?

But Yogi and stuff, that's really different, this stuff is a totally different vibe. Total cartoon affair versus shapely humanoid.

Meh, The Female Worgens are the really gross ones, to me. Everyone has their own thing but I can't even imagine what someone could find even remotely appealing about those things. "You can play as this rad Goblin or this retarded shecat, CHOOSE".

Tauren are a lot less offensive on the eyes and are at least somewhat respectable despite my disdain for the style. Even with the old, dusty models. (which I still pray get some overhauls)
Uh, you specifically said and I quote "I just don't like walking, talking fuzzy animals." That includes Pink Panther and yogi bear.

Simply thinking something is aesthetically gross has a lot of wiggle room. I hate female Orcs. I don't understand why anyone would pick one. It's not because they are walking talking green beings or because hypothetical people paint themselves green and have sex with each other. Greenies? It's because they look like crap. I think male Draenei look ugly too. No specific reason beyond simply being aesthetically displeasing to me.

But thinking any and every humanoid is aesthetically gross just because it has fur is complete nonsense.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Valru said:
what the hell is going on in this thread?

alex must be a fucking furry :lol
or a closet furry in denial.

"every walking talking fuzzy thing is fucked up and creepy to look at!!!"

well... this is one of my favorite movies as a child and now and nothing is creepy...
2zeca39.jpg

cdyhybrid

There's a difference between anthropomorphic animals and furrybait. Pink Panther, Yogi Bear, etc. are in the first category, because they aren't designed to appeal to human sexuality. Worgen will likely fall in the latter category, because I find it unlikely that Blizzard will design the female Worgen without giant boobs and revealing armor.

Arment

What do you guys do for gold? Seems like people are walking around with tens of thousands.

I reactivated with about 1,000g. When I got my two pieces of T9 and my Tyrannical Beheader, I had to buy 3 20+ str gems from the AH, and I got another from honor I had saved up. It added up real quick, draining much of my gold.

Shit was pretty expensive. I had made about 350g from doing enough heroics to get 80.

Skinning and mining on this guy currently.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cdyhybrid said:
There's a difference between anthropomorphic animals and furrybait. Pink Panther, Yogi Bear, etc. are in the first category, because they aren't designed to appeal to human sexuality. Worgen will likely fall in the latter category, because I find it unlikely that Blizzard will design the female Worgen without giant boobs and revealing armor.
"I just don't like walking, talking fuzzy animals." includes both "anthropomorphic animals and furrybait".

As far as revealing armor goes... yes you can put them in it because there's some lover level items for all female characters. But all higher level armor isn't. Especially Tier.

As far as anthropomorphic animals that happen to have boobs or skin showing?
-Here's a dog from A Goofy Movie.
-Sandy Cheeks in Sponge Bob has a bikini top every so often.

So what's creepy? All furry walking talking animals? Only Female? Females with boobs and skin showing?

Or is it.. perhaps... nude animal hentai? Yes, I think that's what's creepy.

FFS, in a fantasy world you'll eventually have animal like humanoids. It's nothing to be uncomfortable with unless you are near the freaks cybering with them. Pretty sure you are good to go with people in full tier.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Arment said:
What do you guys do for gold? Seems like people are walking around with tens of thousands.

I reactivated with about 1,000g. When I got my two pieces of T9 and my Tyrannical Beheader, I had to buy 3 20+ str gems from the AH, and I got another from honor I had saved up. It added up real quick, draining much of my gold.

Shit was pretty expensive. I had made about 350g from doing enough heroics to get 80.

Skinning and mining on this guy currently.
Heres what i do for gold.

- Always do the Argent Tourn dailies. Between getting gold from the quests, gold from the Champions Bags (applies to Money on My Mind ach), and getting Champions Seals for the pony bridle or different mounts, these are the only dailies i do without fail every day. Takes about 20-30 minutes.

- Run old stuff. As a dw frost DK i was able to solo large packs of Kara trash (the non-elites) without any problems. 15 minute runs usually net about 70-100g in coin alone (non-elites usually have 40-90s per), about 5-10g in greys, a few stacks of cloth, and usually 2-5 greens. So for 15 minutes i make at least 100g. A good run will net 150g. So that about 500-600g per hour.

- Getting honor easily at 80 and use the honor to buy Cardinal Rubies or other epic gems for 10k per. Sell them for 100g. If you were to spend a Saturday doing nothing but PVP weekend for 5 hours you will most likely hit honor cap (unless your side totally sucks on that Battlegroup). Honor cap will get you just about 1000g if you put the honor straight to gems for AH selling.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
water_wendi said:
Heres what i do for gold.

- Always do the Argent Tourn dailies. Between getting gold from the quests, gold from the Champions Bags (applies to Money on My Mind ach), and getting Champions Seals for the pony bridle or different mounts, these are the only dailies i do without fail every day. Takes about 20-30 minutes.

- Run old stuff. As a dw frost DK i was able to solo large packs of Kara trash (the non-elites) without any problems. 15 minute runs usually net about 70-100g in coin alone (non-elites usually have 40-90s per), about 5-10g in greys, a few stacks of cloth, and usually 2-5 greens. So for 15 minutes i make at least 100g. A good run will net 150g. So that about 500-600g per hour.

- Getting honor easily at 80 and use the honor to buy Cardinal Rubies or other epic gems for 10k per. Sell them for 100g. If you were to spend a Saturday doing nothing but PVP weekend for 5 hours you will most likely hit honor cap (unless your side totally sucks on that Battlegroup). Honor cap will get you just about 1000g if you put the honor straight to gems for AH selling.
Do you still need The Master's Key?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
ugghh.. we're now two nights for two. same thing happened last night.. got the random daily, we were all buffing for a minute or two, everyone's saying hi, and the tank left the party after two minutes without saying a thing. Everyone was like "huh?" and I looked.. sure enough, no tanks in the party for DPS. At this point the healer drops out also... so we stick around for a bit, a healer hits the queue early on at which point one of the guys brings a guildie in to tank..

blizzard needs to change that debuff to like an hour.. at 15 minutes right now it's STILL quicker for a tank to queue as DPS, leave the party if no other tanks are present, and get another queue 13-14 minutes later.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
borghe said:
ugghh.. we're now two nights for two. same thing happened last night.. got the random daily, we were all buffing for a minute or two, everyone's saying hi, and the tank left the party after two minutes without saying a thing. Everyone was like "huh?" and I looked.. sure enough, no tanks in the party for DPS. At this point the healer drops out also... so we stick around for a bit, a healer hits the queue early on at which point one of the guys brings a guildie in to tank..

blizzard needs to change that debuff to like an hour.. at 15 minutes right now it's STILL quicker for a tank to queue as DPS, leave the party if no other tanks are present, and get another queue 13-14 minutes later.
i dont know if that is whats happening. i would think its that a tank/healer and dps queue up together in group with only the dps having the intention of staying. After the dungeon starts, tank/healer drops, dps stays, and since there are many more dps around a new tank/healer fills role relatively quickly. Personally, ive never experienced this but i have read about dps doing such things to get into randoms faster.

About farming Kara.. heres a video of a rogue doing it using Lifeward enchant so that they get healed to full from Fan of Knives. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsusTKTdxZU

Obviously if you are a tank class that can self-heal you wont need Lifeward or engi or any of the tricks he uses to get through it. Just pull a pack or two at a time.. burn them down.. rinse and repeat.

borghe

it's definitely what's happening. from the page earlier, basically DPS tanks (aka DPS wars/pallies/druids/etc) are queuing up and selecting tank as the role to get instant queues. then when they get in the instance they look for another tank class who queued as DPS and ask them to tank instead. in this case, there was a hunter, rogue and me (mage) so they left right away. like I said, even leaving, the 15 minute debuff is still better than the DPS wait on our server around that time (25 minutes or so).

or the other thing that's been happening is, and I've only seen this once in the past week but someone else mentioned it.. where a tank who is CLEARLY specced DPS queues as tank, but doesn't have dual spec so "tanks" fury or whatever. the one time I saw it the tank was specced like 54 points into fury or something. I checked because shit knows he wasn't holding aggro AT ALL and would constantly have to run after lost aggro.

anyway, just ranting out of frustration... pisses me off that as a DPS class who can ONLY select DPS, I am forced to wait through 25 minute queues, but because a DPS class is also able to select a tank role they can get queues in 20 seconds and then either tank poorly or just leave the party and take the 15 minuet debuff if no other tank is available.

DarkJC

Wow, sounds like an awful battlegroup. 25 minute dps queues? I thought 10 minutes was long.

edit: But you're right, the 15 minute debuff is too short on your server. I wonder if they can make it variable on a per battlegroup basis? Obviously they'd need to make it at least 25 minutes on yours, but 15 minutes already does the job on my server. I've only ever encountered a tank who wasn't a tank once, and I've done a TON of heroics.

borghe

yacobod said:
quick solution, dont do dungeons when leveling, you will be running the same shit when you hit 80
eh, I'm already doing the same shit (so to speak). This really isn't any different than when my mains on another server were running MC and BWL for MONTHS straight.. and without question dungeons are a much faster way to level than pure questing. Not to mention doing dailies now through 80 ensures that I have probably a 14-28 emblem headstart on getting geared up. :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HarryDemeanor said:
Let me introduce you all to the new leader of the Defias Brotherhood and final boss of the Deadmines: Vanessa VanCleef.

http://imgur.com/beqOr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
She only has 480 health at level 20?

[QUOTE=Askani]ICC buff to 20% today?[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/may/20buff_small.jpg

Also, DPS plate wearers can very easily tank things in Arms/Fury in leveling dungeons if they are smart enough to know how to tank in general. Now that Defiance's threat modifier is rolled into Defensive Stance, it's not like you CAN'T tank just fine with a shield/1Her, you just have to know what you're doing.

I think I just have a problem with addictive games. I haven't logged on in a few days, but that's only because I picked up Pokemon HeartGold /facepalm

borghe

Angry Grimace said:
Also, DPS plate wearers can very easily tank things in Arms/Fury in leveling dungeons if they are smart enough to know how to tank in general. Now that Defiance's threat modifier is rolled into Defensive Stance, it's not like you CAN'T tank just fine with a shield/1Her, you just have to know what you're doing.
note that I never made (well, hopefully didn't) a sweeping generalization that all DPS plate is useless as a tank. On the contrary through dungeon finder we've had to many times use a DPS tank through the dungeon as the main tank dropped, or probably have even had times where the main tank in fact WAS fury and we just never knew it because he handled aggro well. my only story that I have from recent was solely on a tank who wasn't handling aggro, and once lost would have to run over to where the mob aggroed to and sit there spamming HS and TS trying to get it back. I have nothing against fury or arms tanking if they can keep aggro.. not at all... but you are having deep fury builds who have no idea how to hold aggro queuing as tank and then either trying to trade in the instance with another plate/bear, or just "tanking" (used in the loosest sense) and then everyone dropping because they lose aggro, healer goes down, and everyone else quickly follows.

anyway, I've spent way too much time on this subject in this thread. it's frustrating, but in case you missed it or haven't noticed, I am not 80 yet and still just leveling through instances and questing. If this sort of thing continues into heroics and raiding, that's when I'll start getting truly worked up over it.

also I didn't realize that the deserter debuff was 30 minutes... but by that same token, I've never seen the deserter debuff either, and there have been a ton of pugs that have fallen apart where I left the party and was able to queue back up immediately (i.e. not requeue the same instance) without a problem.. so there has to be some way they are getting around the deserter debuff then.. do you get the debuff if you haven't gotten the first boss kill?

Rapstah

Angry Grimace said:
She only has 480 health at level 20?
The first Lich King NPC you see in the Death Knight starting area only had 17 000 HP for the longest time, I wouldn't assume this boss to have 480 health in the instance.

Angry Grimace said:
I think I just have a problem with addictive games. I haven't logged on in a few days, but that's only because I picked up Pokemon HeartGold /facepalm

You should have bought SuperiorSilver instead. No need for this Ho-Oh crap.

Retro said:
The only problem with that is, undead and spacegoats don't really have an installed erotic fanbase (necrophilia aside, of course).

Lol true, but i remember in vanilla this fat chick in guild sent me a picture of herself dressed up as a tauren....make-up and everything. Christ, fuck!

Alex

DeathNote said:
"I just don't like walking, talking fuzzy animals." includes both "anthropomorphic animals and furrybait".

As far as revealing armor goes... yes you can put them in it because there's some lover level items for all female characters. But all higher level armor isn't. Especially Tier.

As far as anthropomorphic animals that happen to have boobs or skin showing?
-Here's a dog from A Goofy Movie.
-Sandy Cheeks in Sponge Bob has a bikini top every so often.

So what's creepy? All furry walking talking animals? Only Female? Females with boobs and skin showing?

Or is it.. perhaps... nude animal hentai? Yes, I think that's what's creepy.

FFS, in a fantasy world you'll eventually have animal like humanoids. It's nothing to be uncomfortable with unless you are near the freaks cybering with them. Pretty sure you are good to go with people in full tier.

You're really stretching a lot of what I'm saying here. :lol I'm also not speaking in absolutes, rest assured that I really don't care much about what's going on here, as my entire argument boils down to the fact that I don't like a couple of races and wouldn't play one... that's about it.

I don't like how it looks aesthetically, that's really the the end point. If you are a furry or something, I really don't care. That's really not what I was ever getting into, not once did I mention that stuff, but you keep dipping into this subtle rage, talking about things that have nothing to do with the subject at hand and that I really don't care about.

Ultimately in the end as meaningful as me also not liking the color orange, please do not think up analogies and comparisons for that too.

firex

I don't like worgen because they are lame (in human form) and creepy (in furry wolf form) but luckily I don't play alliance. I don't really like the look of tauren either, but it's mostly that they are huge and annoying to play without zooming the camera out further than I like, because they take up so much of the screen. I'm still probably going to give tauren priest a try though, just because I think a cow in shadowform would be hilarious to see.

borghe

much like gearscore, conversations about furries are guaranteed to spark debate that will last for an hour in Trade and days on a forum. :p

explodet

Angry Grimace said:
It's been about a month since I've logged thanks to Pokemon, Monster Hunter, and Street Fighter. ._.

Alex

Chriswok said:
I thought we had moved past this conversation!

We have now, but he put so much effort into ranting and raving about cartoons and shit and stuff that have nothing to do with the fact that female Worgen are just especially fuckin' ugly that I felt compelled to reply once more.

Alex

firex said:
I don't like worgen because they are lame (in human form) and creepy (in furry wolf form) but luckily I don't play alliance. I don't really like the look of tauren either, but it's mostly that they are huge and annoying to play without zooming the camera out further than I like, because they take up so much of the screen. I'm still probably going to give tauren priest a try though, just because I think a cow in shadowform would be hilarious to see.

I'm still leaning on Goblin, I had a quick stint with Blood Elves back in BC but quit because I couldn't settle on a server I liked, I always was worried about the economy and the end game because there's a lot of low populaces for Horde out there.

It'd be nice to actually follow through. Plus it would let you spike those weird catwolf bitches!

Will worgen get their own 12-20 zone like goblins do?

I figured Goblins moved to the Barrens or whatever it is now. What's the name of their second zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom