• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flib

Alex said:
Not quite :lol

Man things sure have changed since I was in high school, and that wasn't even THAT long ago. That shit would've probably gotten your ass kicked back where I went.

Oh, dur. I guess that's the reason for all of the Goblin renovation. I just didn't know it was largely turned into a zone for them.

Any Horde can go there, but it's their main base and the natural place they go after the Lost Isles.

firex

Alex said:
I'm still leaning on Goblin, I had a quick stint with Blood Elves back in BC but quit because I couldn't settle on a server I liked, I always was worried about the economy and the end game because there's a lot of low populaces for Horde out there.

It'd be nice to actually follow through. Plus it would let you spike those weird catwolf bitches!

I figured Goblins moved to the Barrens or whatever it is now. What's the name of their second zone?
I'm only going to do tauren priest as my "middle of the expansion boredom" alt I usually do. With TBC it was my orc shaman, with WotLK it was my troll warrior, with cataclysm it will be my tauren priest. I'm actually going to try leveling a troll warlock and a goblin hunter first in cataclysm. I'm just not sure which one I'll start out with. Goblins are awesome but I know right now I like warlock gameplay more than hunter gameplay, so it depends upon how much hunters change with cataclysm.

And yeah, Azshara is being redone as a new level 10-20 zone for horde. Basically the way it works now for horde is they have Mulgore/Durotar/Lost isles to start, then Azshara, and then I believe Ashenvale and from there they can branch out a little bit, but I believe the goal is to make it so you can basically go from zone to zone in an almost linear fashion for 1-58 on a single continent. Possibly even having multiple paths, so you can do multiple alts on the same continent but not go through the same zones (probably unlikely beyond a few level gaps, like it is now). All I know for sure is the Barrens becomes a higher level zone (to be more accurate, North barrens is supposed to be higher level and South barrens is like a 30s zone for alliance and horde, I think) and they are supposed to be redoing instances to reflect that, too. I am unsure if there's a natural expansion from Mulgore for 10-20. I think they added the zeppelin just so all Kalimdor horde have to go through Azshara. Not that it matters, since Azshara being turned into a 10-20 quest zone is awesome and necessary.

Eastern Kingdoms is supposed to be similar, with a kind of circuitous path where Hillsbrad and Alterac are more like mid-20s and low-30s, with WPL being closer to a 40s zone and EPL being a 50s zone. Not sure what that means for Hinterlands or Arathi Highlands.

Oh yeah, every race gets a new level 1-5 starting experience, which sounds cool as hell to me. The troll one doesn't sound super exciting, but they actually start out on Echo Isles and move in toward the mainland of Durotar. Not sure what the experience is like for tauren, but their new starting zone at least looks way cooler.

Door2Dawn said:
Will worgen get their own 12-20 zone like goblins do?

At the moment the Worgen are ported to Rutheran Village once they complete the 1-12 zone in alpha. They'll do the 12-20 in the remodeled part of Blasted Lands I believe.

Malfurion and Ysera (At least I believe it is.) in Darkshore.

1gYDe.jpg

Also it looks like they did indeed alter the health for levels. Kinda strange to see small health pools at a level like 21.

How does worgen in blasted lands work, isn't gilneas at the other end of the continent?

Refugees? "here mutts, have this ragged patch of demon infested earth"

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
You're really stretching a lot of what I'm saying here. :lol I'm also not speaking in absolutes, rest assured that I really don't care much about what's going on here, as my entire argument boils down to the fact that I don't like a couple of races and wouldn't play one... that's about it.

I don't like how it looks aesthetically, that's really the the end point. If you are a furry or something, I really don't care. That's really not what I was ever getting into, not once did I mention that stuff, but you keep dipping into this subtle rage, talking about things that have nothing to do with the subject at hand and that I really don't care about.

Ultimately in the end as meaningful as me also not liking the color orange, please do not think up analogies and comparisons for that too.
Every thing I have been talking about has to do with the subject.

I agree Female Worgen and Female Tauren are two of the ugliest playable combos aesthetically. Them being furry is not dominant reason of why they are ugly to me tho. A big reason for me is their face models are just completely crappy artwork.

You specifically said you just dislike walking talking animals, these two races because they are that, and that it's a "style" that isn't yours. All of this obviously includes aesthetic ugliness. All of this also means you should dislike any walking talking furry animal on TV. Which is dumb.

You keep trying to move away from your specific feelings about dislike of fuzzy races to less specific and more vague stance that it's simply aesthetically ugly. There's obviously more to it or you wouldn't have typed what you initially typed. Backpedaling is lame.

Are you implying that me talking about Yogi, Pink Pather, and Sandy Cheeks is an analogy? :lol They are 100% walking, talking, animals. It's examples.

Note: I was bored in the middle of the night and someone thinking something is ugly just because it's a fuzzy animal was very retarded to me. Thus I got into this debate just because. I'll personally will never play a Worgen. Don't care if they get taken out in the last minute. My mains are undead and Bloodelf. I am however passionate about that Disney Robin Hood movie, Pink Panther, Yogi Bear. Great American animation.

zugzug

J-Rzez said:
Wow, 20% buff in ICC today? Easy, err, easier mode confirmed.

Why did they apply the 20% buff to ICC hardmodes? the bump from 15% to 20% was what 2 weeks? Seems way to fast for me.

The buff is for the casuals to see the end game conent so in normal I can understand but why hardmodes.

And my questioning this in a general discussion thread is part of why I got my perm ban from forums.

DarkJC

It seems like they really like this buff system for ICC and I have to say it's a great idea, I hope to see them use it more in Cataclysm. Great way to slowly make the dungeon more accessible. That being said, if there isn't already, I think there should be some kind of achievement or feat of strength available for those who can beat the instance the way it was intended, unbuffed. The option is already there to remove the buff if you like, but it seems like there should be some kind of minor reward for those willing to beat it without the buff.

J-Rzez

zugzug said:
Why did they apply the 20% buff to ICC hardmodes? the bump from 15% to 20% was what 2 weeks? Seems way to fast for me.

The buff is for the casuals to see the end game conent so in normal I can understand but why hardmodes.

And my questioning this in a general discussion thread is part of why I got my perm ban from forums.

Yeah, it seems odd that they'd apply it to hardmodes I think. Never question them though, or you're banned.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
jim-jam bongs said:
I'm confused, if you can click the buff off why is it relevant whether or not it applies to hardmodes?
Because they want to turn the buff on to 15 but not 20 because there's apparently some kind of difference. The real answer is, epeen, same as anything :lol

Swag

jim-jam bongs said:
I'm confused, if you can click the buff off why is it relevant whether or not it applies to hardmodes?

Complaining about things that are completely avoidable is all the rage currently, pretty sure most people complaining about the buff are the same dudes in ICC going "I wonder how much DPS / HPS I can get out of this 5% increase"

Alex

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, it seems odd that they'd apply it to hardmodes I think. Never question them though, or you're banned.

I questioned lots of things and made some occasionally smarmy posts back when I played and I never got banned, years of posting.

I really question if you got banned for something so innocent!

J-Rzez

Alex said:
I questioned lots of things and made some occasionally smarmy posts back when I played and I never got banned, years of posting.

I really question if you got banned for something so innocent!

I got banned for saying it was low what they did over the dance studio, and how they just shrugged it off and told people "we do what we want, and don't care about what you think".

That's about it. I don't care for their attitude towards the player base.

Want to see a supreme amount of bad luck? I have never had a caster dps trinket drop for my warlock.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal'Ganis&n=Nesingwary

All the equipment is gemmed and enchanted now. It updated right after I equipped all my upgrades for the night. Other than a shitty ilvl200 or the other shitty ilvl245 emblem trinket, what do you think is the best trinket I can get outside of ICC? (Or ToC25, I don't want to try to organize one.)

Arment

You're way above hardcap for hit.

I suggest getting Rawr, it helps a lot with those types of questions. I recently downloaded it and it saved me from making a pretty bad gear decision.

Yeah, that got fixed with the re-gemming, too. I dropped suppression for replenishment for that raid, had to gem back to cap. Then I got 6 drops, 3 of which had hit on it. So I put all my +hit gems back to spellpower. It'll all wash out on the next armory update. (I'm still above hardcap and could stand to lose that 245 trinket I have, too, making me in need of TWO trinkets.)

I was really just hoping a couple warlocks here could be like "hey keeblerdrow, you totally need to pick up <weeabo>. It's a really easy trinket to get, it doesn't have hit on it, and it's perfect for a warlock trying to just get a slot filled!"

zugzug

jim-jam bongs said:

To me its just bad game design. Defeats the purpose of having hard modes if your going to give an assist up the stairs.

And yes, its an epeen thing. No I am not in a guild thats completed normal mode 10 or 25man.

Just seems wishywashy game design. Kinda like how they removed titles/mount from game in BC, yet leave them in now. Kinda like how they allow 25man items into 10 man content. Steamroll much perceived easy content?

Edit: And listen no one is going to right click and turn it off. Especially since they aren't putting out achivements for accomplishing it on difficult mode. I'm just saying it coulda been designed better/balanced/tuned whatever turn of word you would like to use. Hard modes with the buffs just seem like they quit trying to challenge people. Its not a hard mode if you give a buff.

faunatic

Neo Member
I was really just hoping a couple warlocks here could be like "hey keeblerdrow, you totally need to pick up <weeabo>. It's a really easy trinket to get, it doesn't have hit on it, and it's perfect for a warlock trying to just get a slot filled!"

I'm kind of a noob warlock myself, but I highly recommend the nevermelting ice crystal that drops from Heroic PoS (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50259/nevermelting-ice-crystal). a good all-around caster trinket and a RIDICULOUS dps increase for affliction locks (crit rating doesn't refresh when your corruption is renewed by the everlasting affliction talent, so if you pop nevermelting ice at the beginning of a boss fight your corruption spell will have +920 crit for the entire fight.)

I sent my sister a RAF and tried to set it up on my computer. When I clicked URL in her email my battle net account automatically logged in cause an active tab was open and it tied it to my account. Now when I log in there's a drop down list to choose between my WOTLK account and the RAF account.

How do I delete this? Ugh.

DarkJC

half a moon said:
I sent my sister a RAF and tried to set it up on my computer. When I clicked URL in her email my battle net account automatically logged in cause an active tab was open and it tied it to my account. Now when I log in there's a drop down list to choose between my WOTLK account and the RAF account.

How do I delete this? Ugh.

Probably have to contact Blizzard support and explain the situation.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

Belfast

I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I do have a problem thinking of any mainstream representation of female werewolves. And I don't think I'd be able to do one any justice without thinking about it for awhile. It would just end up looking goofy.

And that's the point, anyway. How DO you slap tits and eyeshadow on a werewolf and make it seem like something people want to play (furries aside)?

zug zug said:
To me its just bad game design. Defeats the purpose of having hard modes if your going to give an assist up the stairs.

And yes, its an epeen thing. No I am not in a guild thats completed normal mode 10 or 25man.

Just seems wishywashy game design. Kinda like how they removed titles/mount from game in BC, yet leave them in now. Kinda like how they allow 25man items into 10 man content. Steamroll much perceived easy content?

Edit: And listen no one is going to right click and turn it off. Especially since they aren't putting out achivements for accomplishing it on difficult mode. I'm just saying it coulda been designed better/balanced/tuned whatever turn of word you would like to use. Hard modes with the buffs just seem like they quit trying to challenge people. Its not a hard mode if you give a buff.

Okay, but isn't it still harder than the normal mode? In all honesty I think the backflipping game design point has more merit than the epeen argument, upon which I'm going to agree with Grim and Sebulon and say it's a pretty fucking stupid thing to whinge about.

As for the game design issue, I don't really mind that Blizzard has tried different things and gone back on decisions that they've made in the past during the five years I've been playing the game. It's a far better idea than sticking to your guns on bad or unfair mechanics.

As for this particular issue, I don't think it's fair to say that Blizzard has given up trying to challenge people simply because they leave the decision about the level of challenge up to the raid itself. Ultimately there are still things in the game that will kick your arse from here to next Sunday and back, you just have to choose to seek them out and attempt them.

That's just how it should be imo.
Belfast said:
Furries aside, an interesting theory on why Blizzard held back on releasing the Female Worgen model for so long:

http://lorehound.com/news/blizzard-paving-the-way-for-female-werewolves-everywhere/

That was actually really interesting, cheers for that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Belfast said:
I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I do have a problem thinking of any mainstream representation of female werewolves. And I don't think I'd be able to do one any justice without thinking about it for awhile. It would just end up looking goofy.

And that's the point, anyway. How DO you slap tits and eyeshadow on a werewolf and make it seem like something people want to play (furries aside)?
IIRC, female human NPCs turned into the same werewolf model as male humans right?

Tacitus_

zugzug said:

:lol :lol :lol

Okay, but isn't it still harder than the normal mode? In all honesty I think the backflipping game design point has more merit than the epeen argument, upon which I'm going to agree with Grim and Sebulon and say it's a pretty fucking stupid thing to whinge about.

Yes, it's a lot harder for most fights. The only fights that aren't that much harder are gunship and Blood Queen (well Blood Princes too but the extra mechanic needs some time to adjust to). Let's take Saurfang for example. We can do it on normal with one mark. On heroic (and with lusting at the start) we get the first mark at 70+%. Not to mention that with his upped DPS, clothies are hanging on for their dear life (at one point we opted to DI our mages and rez the paladin so the mages wouldn't die).

I'd take that argument from the top guilds of the world, not some nobody who hasn't even stepped into heroics.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Belfast said:

Well thats just it though. Just taking film into things.. female werewolves have the sexual characteristics of female wolves and not female humans. There are lots of female werewolves in the classic horror The Howling. All of them were just slightly sleeker and had no manes, just like wolves.

Heres a question.. is this male or female?
i5w5dl.jpg

If you answer "Male" what brought you to that conclusion. Is there an adams apple on it? A penis?

This whole thing is just dumb.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Like female and male druid forms, I personally would have not went for a major distinction between female and male Worgen. I think the contrast between a seductive female human and gruesome scary beast is awesome. (Ignoring the fact that human female wow models are ugly and not seductive like the Warlock Demon.)

But, there aren't rules.

Take the movie Teen Wolf for example... he's just growing a bunch of hair and ugly skin. A female would easily have boobs in this universe.
1t54d5.jpg

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
DeathNote said:
Like female and male druid forms, I personally would have not went for a major distinction between female and male Worgen. I think the contrast between a seductive female human and gruesome scary beast is awesome.

But, there aren't rules.

Take the movie Teen Wolf for example... he's just growing a bunch of hair and ugly skin. A female would easily have boobs in this universe.

http://i48.tinypic.com/1t54d5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

True.. but i didnt bring up Wolfman-type werewolves since thats not what has been in Wow thus far. Blizzard has gone the aesthetic established with The Howling.. i keep wanting to refer to it as Crinos form but most people wont get that reference :lol

Belfast

water_wendi said:
Well thats just it though. Just taking film into things.. female werewolves have the sexual characteristics of female wolves and not female humans. There are lots of female werewolves in the classic horror The Howling. All of them were just slightly sleeker and had no manes, just like wolves.

Heres a question.. is this male or female?
i5w5dl.jpg

If you answer "Male" what brought you to that conclusion. Is there an adams apple on it? A penis?

This whole thing is just dumb.

Soo..... they're like female wolves. Maybe girl Worgen should have eight tits?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Belfast said:
Soo..... they're like female wolves. Maybe girl Worgen should have eight tits?
If it were up to me they would just be werewolf monsters. No long eyelashes.. no eyeshadow.. no tits. Its not up to me though.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
water_wendi said:
If it were up to me they would just be werewolf monsters. No long eyelashes.. no eyeshadow.. no tits. Its not up to me though.
I would be fine with that... as it is though, I'm fine with the furrie version also, as long as they give it hair... still, with virtually never playing alliance I doubt it will ever affect me... though I have been considering starting up an alliance faction of characters on a completely separate server.

TurtleSnatcher said:
what gaffers are on Area 52 Horde that can invite me to the guild?

I'm in the guild with Notworksafe. He is Aurayouready and I'm Voltis. If you see Braggart or Privatioboni on or Quinlan, you can ask him for an invite too.

Some people seem to drop just because they get an instance they don't want, or maybe the tank issue. I play a paladin to level currently, and the tank dropped out of RFD the other day. I'm completely retribution but I turned on the threat buff and AOE tanked the place until a real tank would show up. He then got himself killed on the first boss in a huge pull, so I had to wear the rest of the mobs down in Devotion mode.

Good things paladins are easy mode, because I still don't have all my hands, seals, and whatnot sorted out. "Need a heal? Sure, let me just tooltip all the bright yellow icons I have here".

The idea with the pally is to have an endgame healer (which I never had) and switch to a soloing offspec to pursue all those awesome deeds that paladins seem able to do, that my warrior and mage can forget about.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
jim-jam bongs said:

As for the game design issue, I don't really mind that Blizzard has tried different things and gone back on decisions that they've made in the past during the five years I've been playing the game. It's a far better idea than sticking to your guns on bad or unfair mechanics.

As for this particular issue, I don't think it's fair to say that Blizzard has given up trying to challenge people simply because they leave the decision about the level of challenge up to the raid itself. Ultimately there are still things in the game that will kick your arse from here to next Sunday and back, you just have to choose to seek them out and attempt them.

That's just how it should be imo.

That was actually really interesting, cheers for that.
The problem with all this argument is that Heroic Lich King is so fucking hard that barely anyone can do it as is.

Also, you guys are far too frightened of "furries." You're under no obligation to roll a character and then jack off to it.

Angry Grimace said:
Also, you guys are far too frightened of "furries." You're under no obligation to roll a character and then jack off to it.

This x 100. Maybe it's the way I'm reading it, but the discourse here smacks of hysteria.

mclem

FlawlessCowboy said:
Re-upped my subscription today after hearing about the 20% ICC buff.

Kingslayer here I come! :D

In 25-man, we were just a little short of the DPS required to down Raging Spirits before the Valks came, and to down the valks themselves reliably in time last week; I think this week's buff might just make things click... at which point we'll start wiping reliably to Defile instead.

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
The problem with all this argument is that Heroic Lich King is so fucking hard that barely anyone can do it as is.

Someone at Blizzard must be thinking that this was the greatest idea ever. Make a seemingly impossible encounter that nearly 98% of the player base wouldn't be able to beat in order for the super elite 2% to have something to strive towards and feel proud of accomplishing, while at the same time applying a stacking buff every few weeks to allow the rest of the players to have a chance at downing the boss.

Satisfying the top guilds need to show off their skills, whilst at the same time blocking the riff raff from getting any where near the top 25 guild plateau, Pure Genius.

Btw anyone that says that the buff trivializes the difficulty of the 25 man / ( 10 man Put Sind LK HMs) is either blatantly lying or trolling :lol.

J-Rzez

When the buff gets up to 30% it'll be when LKhm is downed more frequently. That much of a damage increase to people in 277 gear, along with the buff to absorption of shields will make all the difference in the world.

I'm interested in seeing how Saurfang hm goes for us on Sunday. We were just around the cut-off point for DPS required to down it. That fight is a straight up DPS gear check. Nothing more, nothing less. No other mechanic is really that critical other than that, get him down before too many marks go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom