• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Tacitus_ said:
Apparently you can't attempt heroic LK if you don't kill the wing end bosses in heroic in that reset. Did Sindra's achievement and found out that Tirion doesn't bother to show up on hc -_-
Is he still attackable except for the instant kill at 10%? Have a Shaman use Reincarnation and quickly res everyone somehow. :lol

notworksafe

Tacitus_ said:
Apparently you can't attempt heroic LK if you don't kill the wing end bosses in heroic in that reset. Did Sindra's achievement and found out that Tirion doesn't bother to show up on hc -_-
Yeah, you've got to do it all in one lockout. My guild actually saved our lockout for a week when we cleared up to LK, because we only raid one day a week. It'd just be too long to clear up to LK and then try to learn and down him in the same night

Now that we've got him down I think we can do the whole place in a night.

mclem

Rapstah said:
Is he still attackable except for the instant kill at 10%? Have a Shaman use Reincarnation and quickly res everyone somehow. :lol

You need to talk to Tirion at the start to aggro him in the first place.

Tacitus_

mclem said:
You need to talk to Tirion at the start to aggro him in the first place.

Yup. Tirion doesn't spawn and LK isn't sitting on the throne. We sent a ticket about it but it's propably a lost cause.

Meier

Okay, so I found my Burning Crusade discs and bought Lich King but can't find my original game.. is there any way to just download the bare bones client to install the expansions?

markot

Banned
Meier said:
Okay, so I found my Burning Crusade discs and bought Lich King but can't find my original game.. is there any way to just download the bare bones client to install the expansions?
In account management, through battle.net or worldofwarcraft.com, you can download the client and it installs it all, maybe have to download a patch or two after though still.

Does anyone know of an addon that will allow me to see the durations of Beacon of Light/Sacred Shield at all times?

What im using right now is NeedToKnow, and its great except that when I select someone other than the MT, I cant see it. I have 2 notifications on Grid but it doesnt show the duration left, just if its on.

I would like to have it show at all times, even if I dont have the MT targeted. Any suggestions?

Hixx

MattPeters said:
Does anyone know of an addon that will allow me to see the durations of Beacon of Light/Sacred Shield at all times?

What im using right now is NeedToKnow, and its great except that when I select someone other than the MT, I cant see it. I have 2 notifications on Grid but it doesnt show the duration left, just if its on.

I would like to have it show at all times, even if I dont have the MT targeted. Any suggestions?

I use fortexorcist's paladin module. Very easy to set up and looks good to boot.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Just got done running Black Morass like 11 times in a row. Got my Burning Crusader and 35 Exalted Reputation achievements though.. huge relief to be done with there :lol Getting CoT rep is a huge pain if you didnt run it lots during TBC.

So close to Exalted title. If i wasnt doing Bloodsail to exalted id just grind out goblins and be done with it.

Hixx

Z8pxb.png

New level-up UI element, dunno if its been posted yet. Looks good, not sure about where its placed though, should be a bit more central imo.

Wait, just seen another pic with more text under it and it would indeed look silly if it was more central.

arhra

notworksafe said:
Yeah, you've got to do it all in one lockout. My guild actually saved our lockout for a week when we cleared up to LK, because we only raid one day a week. It'd just be too long to clear up to LK and then try to learn and down him in the same night

Now that we've got him down I think we can do the whole place in a night.
Except once you kill the LK, you unlock heroic modes, giving you a whole set of new reasons to wipe like a bitch on the earlier fights (except gunship; even on heroic, if you ever wipe on gunship, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong somewhere).

Cipherr

HixxSAFC said:
Z8pxb.png

New level-up UI element, dunno if its been posted yet. Looks good, not sure about where its placed though, should be a bit more central imo.

Wait, just seen another pic with more text under it and it would indeed look silly if it was more central.

Thats really neat, will help new players alot.

McNei1y

About to add time to my account and play my warlock. Anything new since the opening of LK?

Last I left off I was in progress of getting a BC Nether drake. Was almost exalted. Can't wait to get me one of those bad boys.

Door2Dawn

Banned
37gnomecorder.jpg

It seems they're showing the portraits of the quest giver along side with the quest itself. I guess this is to make it easier to locate them. Pretty cool.

JPBrowncoat said:
Not 100% sure but if you bought a physical copy of Lich King, I think it can install everything.
Yeah. Wrath DVD will install all WoW and TBC content as well. Made installing everything in the past much easier.

Alex

I just threw mine away and DL them from battle.net. Blizz is cheap on download speed (i have 35 megabit internet and it dl'd at 700k for me...) It takes longer but it dl's and installs at once and can be done over night.

Alex said:
I just threw mine away and DL them from battle.net. Blizz is cheap on download speed (i have 35 megabit internet and it dl'd at 700k for me...) It takes longer but it dl's and installs at once and can be done over night.

Or 15 minutes of DVD install then an hour of patching.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
Yeah. Wrath DVD will install all WoW and TBC content as well. Made installing everything in the past much easier.
well shit. i reinstalled twice after wrath.downloaded the wow client, used the BC discs first.

ampere

Angry Grimace said:
With the 20% buff you can just zerg Sindragosa with a single tank (obviously your DPS has to clear their Mystic Buffet stacks (usually every 2 blocks). Given that your main tank now always has 65000 health, you can just be a douche and just heal him through the MB stacks that he's getting. The tank will have to SW through Frost Breath, of course.
Our MT is a very geared warrior and the GM but I think he'd prefer two tanking it. Maybe once we down her once we can give this a shot though

J-Rzez said:
If you guys are having this kind of problem, one of your more aware players are going to have to call out who's getting ice blocked and to which leg they're running to. When I say that, I mean they should be in line, not next to, with the front leg for the first block, rear leg for the second, back to front for the 3rd, etc.

You also have to tell people it's important that they move asap, not wait until the end of their rotations.
Yeah, I found a pretty good video that does what you're saying. I will be trying to get people to watch it and I might just go ahead and call out who and what side they need to run to, it really might be the most surefire way to do it.
The video may be of the heroic version but it doesn't look like there's too much of a change strategy-wise.

ampere

markot said:
Wow, I've been pretty dead-set on making my Worgen a hunter but they actually look pretty cool in caster gear.

I'll probably still do hunter as the idea of being a wolf with a wolf pet makes me laugh :lol

And Gnome priest should be neat :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ciaossu said:
Our MT is a very geared warrior and the GM but I think he'd prefer two tanking it. Maybe once we down her once we can give this a shot though

Yeah, I found a pretty good video that does what you're saying. I will be trying to get people to watch it and I might just go ahead and call out who and what side they need to run to, it really might be the most surefire way to do it.
The video may be of the heroic version but it doesn't look like there's too much of a change strategy-wise.
Phase 3 requires 3x as much effort and coordination as the other 65% of the fight. The rest of the fight is basically EZmod.

ampere

Angry Grimace said:
Phase 3 requires 3x as much effort and coordination as the other 65% of the fight. The rest of the fight is basically EZmod.
Yeah we're virtually flawless up until Phase 3. That's the part when it all goes to hell :lol
Should be fine this week with ice block and side to run to being called out.

J-Rzez

ciaossu said:

Yeah, once you guys get it done once, it's a one shot from there on out then. It's all mechanic based really.

I know our tank was running the frost resist stuff for the fight, and would then forget to put on the normal stuff at the LK everytime lol. But yeah, we one tanked it usually.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Meier said:
I am lvl 70. People in game said go BM. I honestly have no clue what i was before...
BM is easy but boring as hell for leveling. Go Survival and don't look back.

Narag

Meier said:
I am lvl 70. People in game said go BM. I honestly have no clue what i was before...

BM is preferred levelling due to having a personal tank with you at all times. It'd be easier (and faster) to hit 80 as BM then respec to SV or MM although MM won't shine until you're in 232+ gear.

Meier

I am going to try out SV..I can always switch to BM if this doesn't work. I used the foundation of a build from the WoW Wiki.

Jrmint

Meier said:
All my talents reset.. anyone have some Hunter recommendations?
Since you said your 70 that means you are still leveling up, so go BM. BM is by far the best leveling spec since it makes your pet the strongest and able to tank the best.

Once you get to 80 go SV until you are pretty well geared, and then switch to MM.

moojito

MattPeters said:

I had this same issue, and found an excellent addon called Paladin Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield Tracker

You'll see from the screenshots on there whether or not it's the droid you're looking for.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Duki said:
:( death strike is now a talent?
i think its just listed under the Blood ability header and not Unholy. Look at the changes to Unholy stuff... it lists "Unholy Presence" and what it does new. Note that its Unholy Presence (what all DKs get) and not Improved UP(talented version). So unless Blizzard is making the different presences talents too, i wouldnt be worried.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
firex said:
I think that's talking about improved death strike anyway.
A couple lines down it talks about Imp DS.

* Death Strike - A deadly attack that deals 151% weapon damage plus 170.63 and heals the Death Knight for $F% of Ghis:her; maximum health for each of Ghis:her; diseases on the target.
* Might of Mograine - Increases the damage dealt by your Blood Strike, Heart Strike, and Rune Strike abilities by 5/10/15/20/25%.
* Sanguine Fortitude - While active, your Icebound Fortitude reduces damage taken by an additional 10/20/30% and costs no runic power to activate.
* Hemorrhagic Fever - Gives your Blood Boil a 50/100% chance to afflict enemies with Hemorrhagic Fever, reducing their physical damage dealt by 9% for 30 sec.
* Crimson Scourge - Increases the damage dealt by your Blood Boil by 15/30/45%.
* Improved Death Strike - Increases the damage of your Death Strike by 15/30/45%, increases its critical strike chance by 4/7/10%, and increases the healing granted by 25/50/75%.

i have to say.. Imp DS sounds very very nice :D

firex

oh, it's just talking about how death strike is redesigned then. healing scales off max HP so it's a tank strike because oblit/scourge strike will scale off dps stats instead.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm lvl 64 now and boy Burning Crusade is like a different game. Old World shit is terrible compared to BC. The flow of quests is more natural, there is more variety, the graphics are better, you can fly, there are better dungeons and much more worthwhile loot.

I was gonna probably quit before I hit Hellfire Peninsula but I think I've found a good spot finally. Never doing old world crap again.

Amir0x said:
I'm lvl 64 now and boy Burning Crusade is like a different game. Old World shit is terrible compared to BC. The flow of quests is more natural, there is more variety, the graphics are better, you can fly, there are better dungeons and much more worthwhile loot.

I was gonna probably quit before I hit Hellfire Peninsula but I think I've found a good spot finally. Never doing old world crap again.
Well it should be a lot better in Cataclysm but yeah it sucks hard.

Xabora

Amir0x said:

Gets better once you hit northrend.

Shouta

Meier said:
I am going to try out SV..I can always switch to BM if this doesn't work. I used the foundation of a build from the WoW Wiki.

BM is the easiest to level with but you may have more fun with SV or MM. I love BM but wish it was stronger or more versatile overall, though Cata is supposedly helping that a bit.

Jrmint

Amir0x said:

Wait till Nagrand at 65.

Amir0x said:

You also have to understand the date of this content and the consequences of all that came with that point in time for Blizzard. It was good for its time.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So it seems more and more likely that the worgen you see in the game now, outside of the Pyrewood Village population, are actually old Night Elf Druids who had transformed into that form and could not control it. Eventually they were banished into the Emerald Dream only to be summoned into Azeroth by the Scythe of Elune.

The Druids of the Scythe is the sect they were called, and they followed Goldrinn/Lo'Gosh. How it spread onto Humans is due to the blood and experimentation with it by old mate Arugal.

Seems a bit of a grasp-straw stroke from Metzen & co. but that was to be expected after the space goats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom