• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:
Correct, the cooldowns are significantly stronger, thus why they're preferred. It's not to say Frost can't really do raids, but hardmodes can get a little hairy so them having so many oh shit buttons helps out.
DK Tanks in 4pc T10 have 3 1 min cooldowns.
Each acting as a form of damage reduction.

FLEABttn

Banned
shintoki said:
This has been like raid 101 since day 1. It's the ultimate idiot test.

If you get the debuff, you run to the assigned spot(Or just get the fuck away from people)
If you don't, stay still.

I know, it kills me (on the inside) to have to tell people to move.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
shintoki said:
This has been like raid 101 since day 1. It's the ultimate idiot test.

If you get the debuff, you run to the assigned spot(Or just get the fuck away from people)
If you don't, stay still.
The part that pissed everyone off was the OT in our group acting like she didn't know what she was supposed to do and like nobody warned her that she had to clear her debuff stack.

Queue a flurry of angry whispers; "I guess 'clear your stacks and taunt the boss' isn't clear enough."

Fularu

Banned
Entropia said:
So did anyone get Blizzcon tickets? My ISP decided to be fuckwads and not show up on Tuesday when my new internet was supposed to be working on Monday, so they showed up at 7PM MDT to get it setup, by the time it was done it was after 8 and really no point in trying. Sigh, going to try on Saturday. None of my guildies got theirs either.
I'm really curious to know in which guild you are, you can just PM it if you don'T feel like "boasting" :p

Meier

notworksafe said:
And on the iPhone app! I think it's going to cost money eventually, though.
I haven't downloaded the iPhone app yet since I didn't really feel the need to. Not a bad idea though if I'm trying to buy something. Makes sense that they're going to charge eventually. Not like giving the customer something for free is their style..

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Angry Grimace said:
The part that pissed everyone off was the OT in our group acting like she didn't know what she was supposed to do and like nobody warned her that she had to clear her debuff stack.

Queue a flurry of angry whispers; "I guess 'clear your stacks and taunt the boss' isn't clear enough."

This is why it was always good for me to be a Mage and Druid healer. I can't really wipe the raid by being an idiot tank. :lol People were honestly amazed that I could sheep targets, Silence casters, pull, kite, root when need be, etc. With out being told! :lol

notworksafe

Meier said:
I haven't downloaded the iPhone app yet since I didn't really feel the need to. Not a bad idea though if I'm trying to buy something. Makes sense that they're going to charge eventually. Not like giving the customer something for free is their style..
Cold blooded. Blizzard is one of the best companies out there at giving away stuff for free. I'm hoping that the mobile AH is a one time fee. I wouldn't pay monthly for something like that.

J-Rzez

Just got this email:

Greetings!

Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous players’equipments and virtual currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to xxx customers,we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated code strengthen system and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge.

Please open this connection: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/secure

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic code protection card to you in the form of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games.

If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowindex/

Fucking stupid ass emails. Where is my Beta invite instead of this garbage?

J-Rzez

Alex said:
That's a phishing thing, I saw something about that the other day

Yeah, but every time I see something with "Blizzard" or "World of Warcraft" I get excited. I want to get into beta again. Not emails to steal my gold. :lol

On a side note though, I never-ever got an email like this before. I wonder how I just got one randomly like this. I haven't ever signed up for any WoW related sites, outside of MMO-Champion, which they do a great job with the game so I figured I'd give them support of another user.

So... are people getting these email informations from fan sites such as MMO-Champ?

I get a laugh every time though how piss poor use of english in these things.

J-Rzez said:
Just got this email:

Fucking stupid ass emails. Where is my Beta invite instead of this garbage?

Wauw. And then the link in the email gives me a 404 error....

This is incredible are they actually not able to do anything? why are so many players losing their accounts? I get the fake emails many times a day... I get around 5-6 fake WoW/Blizzard emails a day. I dont know why or how. I dont think I have visited a WoW Related site besides the official and wow.com ... many another mmorpg site like onrpg.com or mmorpg.com but that's basically it.

That they are taking such drastic measures... it just shows the power of people on the internet. you would think, Koticks would have sent a online CIA after these hustlers by now...

I dont even know the email to the right blizzard @ ? several of them look very legit.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, but every time I see something with "Blizzard" or "World of Warcraft" I get excited. I want to get into beta again. Not emails to steal my gold. :lol

On a side note though, I never-ever got an email like this before. I wonder how I just got one randomly like this. I haven't ever signed up for any WoW related sites, outside of MMO-Champion, which they do a great job with the game so I figured I'd give them support of another user.

So... are people getting these email informations from fan sites such as MMO-Champ?

I get a laugh every time though how piss poor use of english in these things.
Need For Speed World Beta. :|
Thats all I got today.

DarkJC

FLEABttn said:
We haven't had much luck with LK yet cause I think we've only gotten an hour of attempts over the past 3 months. We can clear to LK on Friday and then saturday rolls around and people can only stay for 20 minutes or some bullshit. And then they complain about no LK kill yet.

You should consider extending your raid lock for a week to down him. If certain people complain because they want their frost badges rather than doing progression, say having a Kingslayer lets you start work on Heroics for better loot. I think my 10 man group is going to have to end up doing that once we get to LK. With everyone's schedules we're lucky if we get 2 nights a week with people together.

notworksafe

DarkJC said:
You should consider extending your raid lock for a week to down him. If certain people complain because they want their frost badges rather than doing progression, say having a Kingslayer lets you start work on Heroics for better loot. I think my 10 man group is going to have to end up doing that once we get to LK. With everyone's schedules we're lucky if we get 2 nights a week with people together.
That's what our guild had to do. We only raid one night (usually 4-5) hours, and it just wasn't enough time to clear the whole place AND learn Lich King.

FLEABttn

Banned
DarkJC said:

We did. Guess what happened next week?

We'll probably do this every time we do ICC though. I'm not going to sit here week after week and reward this behavior.

I know I'm really late to the party, but I finally started playing through the Wrath content a week and a half ago. I'm up 76 on my druid and am really loving the new zones, the new quests, and especially the music. I love the music in dragonblight, howling fjord and grizzly hills, it fits the environments so well it makes me want to buy the soundtrack. Loved the wrath gate quest chain too, really cool.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I've been leveling a pally tank the last little while (something that I've been meaning to do for ages now). It just seems silly how easy it is to level as prot. I'll just run into massive groups of mobs, pop consecrate, maybe drop a bomb if it's off CD (I'm an engineer), and before long everything is dead. About the only downside is that this toon is on a different server from my 80s, so doesn't have access to heirlooms, and I'm stuck drinking far more than I'd like in instances. Nonetheless, I'm have a blast with this pally. Just wish I'd rolled one sooner. :p

FLEABttn said:
We did. Guess what happened next week?

We'll probably do this every time we do ICC though. I'm not going to sit here week after week and reward this behavior.

Same thing happened to my guild this week. We have people with pretty tight schedules so the best we can get is 2 nights, but only a few hours each night. We beat Sindragosa last week and I cleared with everyone to make sure that it was cool to extend the lockout and that they could all be on - used calendar invites and everything.

Raid nights were supposed to be Tues/Wed. Tues comes and our best healer decides that she can only raid for an hour because work is killing her. We get phase 1 down with a few p2 attempts before she has to go, but decide to start earlier on Wed.

Wed comes, and our second tank forgot to set his wake up alarm (plays from Australia, morning for him), so no second tank and nobody in trade bites because they don't want one boss this early in the week.

Pretty much FML. I think we're going to take whoever we have on and pug a reset version, but make one of the people who can't make it extend theirs so if we decide to go again to just pick up there next week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
Not one that I know of. My guild has some GAF people in it and we always welcome more.
Yeah, but you guys are dirty horde

FLEABttn

Banned
worldrevolution said:
Btw is there an actual GAF guild somewhere?

Mine might be open to recruitment come Cata if anyone is interested. Alliance, Drenden. No promises though, I won't know what we'll need (if anything) until it hits.

Angry Grimace

FLEABttn said:
Mine might be open to recruitment come Cata if anyone is interested. Alliance, Drenden. No promises though, I won't know what we'll need (if anything) until it hits.
I'm about to be guildless, but i'm probably joining my buddies guild after I get back from my honeymoon this month.

Alcoori

Ok so I don't know if French people are bad at wow (play on a French server) or if I have been unlucky yesterday but boy was it painful to do dungeons with randoms.
On one instance, I -the tank-, was the first dmg-wise on Recount. There was a warlock, a mage and a hunter besides the healer. Seriously guys?

Thank god for the last group I was with. There was no downtime and we rushed 3 dungeons in less than 45 minutes.

Does anyone has a druid healer? His mana never seemed to go down. Is there a talent that regenerates it? At some point he seemed to be eating something out of his, err, branches (tree form).

Acidote

Alcoori said:
Ok so I don't know if French people are bad at wow (play on a French server) or if I have been unlucky yesterday but boy was it painful to do dungeons with randoms.
On one instance, I -the tank-, was the first dmg-wise on Recount. There was a warlock, a mage and a hunter besides the healer. Seriously guys?

Thank god for the last group I was with. There was no downtime and we rushed 3 dungeons in less than 45 minutes.

It's just luck. The lowest dps on my group last night for the random was 3500 dps. And she was the healer, everyone else was over 4k, and because we were predating our own numbers, mobs didn't last long enough.

On the other hand, the day before yesterday was me, and a bunch of guys in blue/greens trying hard to make more than 1k dps. The healer was good though.

Tacitus_

Alcoori said:

Does anyone has a druid healer? His mana never seemed to go down. Is there a talent that regenerates it? At some point he seemed to be eating something out of his, err, branches (tree form).

Some people just are horrible, I've topped the dmg meter multiple times while tanking, sometimes even during bosses. Then again, I'm horribly overgeared for heroics...

And no, druids don't run out of mana during dungeon runs. Like Alex said, the bar is mainly for decoration.
he was drinking while "eating from his branches"

mclem

Vigilant Walrus said:
Wauw. And then the link in the email gives me a 404 error....

I'm guessing the email was just copy/pasted, and the link has that as its *text* but actually points to somewhere less legitimate-looking.

profit

Well, the battered hilt finally dropped on my warrior. His main spec is prot but I dont need the tanking weapon cause I already have the facelifter on him. I'm not sure if I should use the quest to get him the dps sword or use it on my dk.... both will be used for pvp and pve for my warrior and only pvp for my dk since he's DW frost for dps and unholy for pvp.

Alex

I actually got hacked the other day, or at least that's when I noticed it.. I guess I had picked up something nasty. The fucker put an authenticator on my account! The fun part of this is that I was trying to log in to buy an authenticator, worrying if maybe there'll be some rush when Cataclysm comes out.

I never thought I'd get hacked, I'm usually really careful, but I did mess with some shady shit I shouldn't have lately.

Blizzard fixed it really fast though, I spent 10 minutes on the phone. I haven't been subbed for just under a year now so I guess the dude didn't think it was worth it to get anything going on it.

Which is good for him, because while I had 25,000 gold when I ceased, I gave it to a very close real life friend to hang onto until we play again because I probably wouldn't transfer anything if we hit a new server and he would, so my characters are basically sporting copper and lint.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Alcoori said:

I speak french(canada), i play a warrior tank, and 90% of the time in heroics, i am #1 in overall damage, even against DPS with ICC gear. Take that! :lol

It's not french players that sucks, it's just DPS in general.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
A little hint about authenticators also. I have two separate battle.net accounts (playing, dual boxing, babysitting my brothers account) and wanting his account to be secured but only having one iPhone I tried attaching my authenticator to his account. Voilà! So now the same iPhone app works for both accounts. And if/when he wants his account back it's
easy enough to remove legitimately.

As for dx11. Don't get your hopes up too much. Shit like tesselation still needs usable maps already in the game. I'd expect maybe a little better lighting and shadows, and maybe simple water. Then again I could be wrong.

Bisnic said:
I speak french(canada), i play a warrior tank, and 90% of the time in heroics, i am #1 in overall damage, even against DPS with ICC gear. Take that! :lol

I am going to go with this here. and I'm dps and it SUCKS to have to admit that most DPS is freaking awful. I see gearscore 3200+ hunters, mages and locks constantly not hitting over 1K, meanwhile with my ~2700 mage I'm hitting 2-2.5K pretty regularly and over 3K burning down a boss...

the worst was last night... I come into a wipe in GD and think "hmm... healer or tank??".. so far neither as both are still in the group. ok... so a dps dropped. so the hunter pulls the next pack....... ummm... what??????? we fight these guys and the hunter is TOTALLY fucking up aggro.. warrior is holding it, hunter pulls aggro on the mob I'm nuking and then FD suddenly my aggro goes from 25% to 79%.... fuck.... warrior comes in and reduces my threat.. hunter comes in, pulls another group and starts doing the same thing... fucking ridiculous. A Vote Kick comes up at one point and it doesn't pass........ Hell knows I voted for it. healer and warrior died like twice more each and they were actually doing good (dps never died). it was because the hunter kept fucking up aggro, and dps or healer would grab it when the dick FDed, and once healer grabbed it either we couldn't make it to him in time or he'd have to burn his mana and CDs staying alive and the tank would die. We got to the end and pretty much everyone said "fuck off hunter".. stil not quite sure how the vote kick didn't pass. Only thing I can think of was that we were at the last three bosses in GD... but even then the second to last two are right away, but you still have 5 minutes of trash to clear to get to the last one.... hmm....

long story short, yeah.. there's a lot of bad dps out there. pointless to blame it on nationality or ethnicity. you'll find bad dps in all of them.

Alcoori

Bisnic said:

Hey guys I wasn't blaming any country or anything, I'm French myself and I do admit I've had my moments :D

But yeah, lots of DPS don't really understand anything besides nuking and they're doing it wrong.

I had one of those hunters in my group yesterday, it was fucking annoying because he kept pulling, generating huge amount of threats, then FD and the mob would go crazy. So annoying having to run left and right to go get the wandering mob while trying to keep all the others on myself.

My little brother has a more radical approach to the problem of DPS that sux. He plays a war and any DPS that is under him on the DPS meter gets kicked out. A bit radical but seems to work form him :D

Meier

Anyone have a suggestion for the best parser? I feel like I'm doing much better at dmg in instances now that I am getting back into the swing of things.. last few, no one has posted the stats though.

Rapstah

Meier said:
Anyone have a suggestion for the best parser? I feel like I'm doing much better at dmg in instances now that I am getting back into the swing of things.. last few, no one has posted the stats though.
Recount is my DPS/everything meter of choice if that's what you were asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom