• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belfast

CassSept said:
Meh. I liked both Path of the Titans and guild talents. Features like mass resurrection sounded great on paper.
Merge-able raid IDs do sound interesting. I wonder how it will turn out.
I wonder what this new boss in Grim Batol will be. I hope he will actually be really hard, not "you-have-one-hour-per-week-for-him" hard. Or limited attempts. Or anything that needlessly bumps up difficulty on bosses that aren't that hard to begin with.

The optional, uber-hard boss in Bastion of Twilight is Cho'Gall.

Also, I don't think it's on MMO-Champ, but War of the Ancients is going to be a CoT raid released in one of the later content patches. My guess is 4.2, but who knows.

Tacitus_

Belfast said:
The optional, uber-hard boss in Bastion of Twilight is Cho'Gall.

Also, I don't think it's on MMO-Champ, but War of the Ancients is going to be a CoT raid released in one of the later content patches. My guess is 4.2, but who knows.

Got confirmation on it being a raid?

Belfast

Yes, there are currently no plans to add another 5-man instance to CoT.

I'm sorry, you're right. Looks like there was some misinformation when I looked it up earlier.

Merovin

I am considering return to WoW - I haven't played since Burning Crusade was released. What's it like these days? Also, would anyone be willing to send me a scroll of resurrection so I can try it out for a few days before making my decision?

Tacitus_

Merovin said:
I am considering return to WoW - I haven't played since Burning Crusade was released. What's it like these days? Also, would anyone be willing to send me a scroll of resurrection so I can try it out for a few days before making my decision?

It's a lot better than Burning Crusade other than for some small things which may or may not even concern you, BUT, it is slowly going towards the pre-expansion lull.

Belfast

Merovin said:

Kinda hard to say what it's like today when the game is about to undergo a paradigm shift.

Rapstah

Taking a couple of months to gear up a character or two through WOTLK would be sort of perfect right now when nothing's being added. I'm not sure if Scrolls of Ressurection or whatever they're called are cross-region but I'd be happy to do you if you sent me the needed information.

Kweh

Hmm, I have been inactive for a few months, but just logged into my armory and got this message where my character link normally is - "This account has no characters."

I'm still listed in the guild, but is this a sign my account might have been hacked?

Lumine

I want to play cataclysm. :(

Cancelled my sub after our guild died about 2-3 months ago. Raided a whole year with these people, almost had LK25 down and then bam, guild suddenly gone. So I cancelled my sub because I was getting kinda burned out on the game anyway.

With summer coming up though I feel an itch wanting to level a new character (I actually only have 1 level 80, all other characters are very low level.) I've been wanting to since last summer, but I lose my motivation again when thinking about going through the old world and cataclysm's release being around the corner (yeah right. :p) I also rather not burn myself out of the game again before cataclysm hits.

Perhaps I'll level my DK. I think it's still at level 63. I liked tanking with it, seemed easy and straightforward, but the rest not so much. Rotation/spells felt so random and tacky, but I guess I gotta learn the class better first. :p

I guess I'm just ranting and I want my candy. :)

Narag

I'd say level your dk then, shore up some gold on the 80 to finance Cata endeavors, and roll out a pimped new character for all the new old world questing to be done!

firex

letsbereasonable said:
I like the idea of the Raid ID being more flexible so you can join groups that have killed the same amount of bosses as you, but weren't part of the same original raid.

I can't believe they might not get H-VC and H-SFK done in time. If it means them getting all of the completely new instances and 5mans in then fine, but were they really planning to do more than tuning the mobs and drops (I seriously don't know)?
I think they're doing way more than that. Probably a serious redesign of those instances for heroic mode.

firex

Kweh said:
Hmm, I have been inactive for a few months, but just logged into my armory and got this message where my character link normally is - "This account has no characters."

I'm still listed in the guild, but is this a sign my account might have been hacked?
No. You don't appear on armory if you haven't been seen in game for more than 30 days.

Tamanon

Banned
Heroic Deadmines would have to have a serious reworking of everyone's abilities except for the guy who grabs different weapons.

I'm alright with most of the changes personally, guild talents were great at first glance, but then you suddenly started running into thinking that you might not want to be in a guild spending points on this instead of that.:lol

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Fuck Blizzard. I wouldn't mind them cutting features if they didn't advertise the fuck out of them before they cut them.

Hell, aerial combat and dance studio are both on the box for WOTLK and neither has found its way into the game yet.

Sciz

wait a second

Ghostcrawler said:
We're not sure what we'll do with Ancestral Swiftness. We made that talent before you could wolf indoors, so it may be less attractive now.
There go any thoughts of me ever dropping Imp. GW from a build ever again. :D

CassSept

Merovin said:
Raiding content, as a whole, is worse and much easier, so if you were hardcore raiding in TBC you're probably going to be disappointed.

Other than that, the game is much more streamlined now. It's easier to gear up, easier to quest, faster to find instances and farm honor etc etc. And gold is in abundance. So if you were casual and playing the game for fun you'll be delighted.

Tacitus_

CassSept said:
Raiding content, as a whole, is worse and much easier, so if you were hardcore raiding in TBC you're probably going to be disappointed.

Maybe if you go by normal modes. Hard modes (especially, Sindragosa, Putricide and Lich King are still extremely challenging.

notworksafe

CassSept said:

Other than that, the game is much more streamlined now. It's easier to gear up, easier to quest, faster to find instances and farm honor etc etc. And gold is in abundance. So if you were casual and playing the game for fun you'll be delighted.
I dunno about that. I really like ICC (at least on heroic) and Ulduar is probably my favorite raid in WoW. I do agree on the streamlined nature of everything else. Quests and quest chains are much better now, and getting gold is no longer the huge timesink it once was.

Merovin

This is going to sound completely stupid, but I've just sorted out my WoW Account, got it linked to battle.net etc. 10 trial for WOTLK. How do I change my actual WoW Account password though - not the Battle.net one. Everything I do takes me to the battle.net password change, but my WoW account has some stupid password from the email recovery a few days back that I'll never remember. I know I'm missing something really obvious here, but will probably be faster if GAF could be so kind to point me in the right direction.

mclem

From the "Well, *THAT* sucks" dept:

Our GM has a Mobile Authenticator.
His iPod Touch died.
He got his authenticator released from the account.
He got hacked.

Merovin

notworksafe said:
If you've linked your WoW account to BNet, I believe you only can use your BNet info for your WoW login/password.

That's what I thought it would be, but on the actual WoW client, it still only accepts the old password and account name.

My friend got hacked last night too. He didn't have an authenticator. My other friend was online and saw him switching between toons a lot at 3am. Makes me wanna change my pass even though I have the aithenticator.

notworksafe

Merovin said:
That's what I thought it would be, but on the actual WoW client, it still only accepts the old password and account name.
Weird. If I try and use my old info the client tells me to use my BNet stuff. Are you using the whole email address?

Merovin

notworksafe said:
Weird. If I try and use my old info the client tells me to use my BNet stuff. Are you using the whole email address?

I tried toe BNet stuff first, just because I assumed once that was all linked, that's all I would be using. But it rejected it, so I tried the old details and it worked. I'm guess it could be because the client is out of date though? It's currently updating at the moment, so hopefully that means once updated it'll just go to that. Because keeping that password in a notepad is annoying as hell and not something I really want to keep.

J-Rzez

dave is ok said:
Fuck Blizzard. I wouldn't mind them cutting features if they didn't advertise the fuck out of them before they cut them.

Hell, aerial combat and dance studio are both on the box for WOTLK and neither has found its way into the game yet.

Uh oh, there's two or three people here that are going to put you on their shit list for talking like that against Blizzard lol. But yes, I was in the beta when those flyers were in WG and they were always glitched out. Then people found a way to get them out of WG and were able to wipe out any flagged player anywhere, including Dalaran. Good times. They consider "aerial combat" those few shit quests where you're flying and shooting.

The dance studio they can kiss my ass with. They talked that up big time and I was excited for the "new dances". But of course that fell through. Worst part was how they ignored the community asking about it, then just to post "lawl you guys really wanted that? oh well you're not getting it bitches because we just don't give a fuck what you think and want". It's a shame no one pushed the issue on suing them for false advertising.

mclem said:
From the "Well, *THAT* sucks" dept:

Our GM has a Mobile Authenticator.
His iPod Touch died.
He got his authenticator released from the account.
He got hacked.

Yep, another person today told me they were hacked. It's unbelievable. I've never seen so many hackings in a week or so. That flash exploit must have been a bad one. Thankfully I have an authenticator. If it dies I probably won't remove it from my account without a new one in hand to replace the number with.

notworksafe

Merovin said:
I tried toe BNet stuff first, just because I assumed once that was all linked, that's all I would be using. But it rejected it, so I tried the old details and it worked. I'm guess it could be because the client is out of date though? It's currently updating at the moment, so hopefully that means once updated it'll just go to that. Because keeping that password in a notepad is annoying as hell and not something I really want to keep.
Yeah that makes sense actually. BNet stuff didn't get added til 3.1 or 3.2 so the client wouldn't be able to use that to log you in. Just as a heads up, if you know your client isn't up to date you can just log in with no username or password and it will still download updates until it's all the way up to date.

Merovin

notworksafe said:
Yeah that makes sense actually. BNet stuff didn't get added til 3.1 or 3.2 so the client wouldn't be able to use that to log you in. Just as a heads up, if you know your client isn't up to date you can just log in with no username or password and it will still download updates until it's all the way up to date.

Really? How do I get the updates to start? Because last time it stayed at the client until I logged in, and which point it then started the update and opened the downloader thing. Still, hopefully after this it'll all be working. Cheers for the help mate.

notworksafe

Merovin said:
Really? How do I get the updates to start? Because last time it stayed at the client until I logged in, and which point it then started the update and opened the downloader thing. Still, hopefully after this it'll all be working. Cheers for the help mate.
I had to do this the last time I reinstalled WoW, cause I couldn't log into my account to get updates (I have an authenticator and older clients don't have a way for you to enter it). You can just leave the username/password field blank, hit login, and it should just start downloading updates.

CassSept

notworksafe said:
I dunno about that. I really like ICC (at least on heroic) and Ulduar is probably my favorite raid in WoW. I do agree on the streamlined nature of everything else. Quests and quest chains are much better now, and getting gold is no longer the huge timesink it once was.
Yeah, Ulduar was really great. I've did it again this weekend and it reminded me how great this instance was. It's definitely up there in my top3 favourite raids. ICC is a bit worse, a lot of retreading and imo not enough fights that feel fresh (unlike Ulduar), most fights have reused mechanics and even design of some parts is reminiscent of what we've seen before.
On the other hand we have abomination of ToC and reused Naxxramas. There is much less original content than in TBC.

Difficulty-wise, some fights are indeed hard. Heroic Lich King is THE hardest fight in the history of the game. Sindragosa and Putricide are indeed hard, but not Sunwell level hard. I hate the fake barriers like the stupid limited attempts. They are just to prolong the life of the content and add nothing to the difficulty of the bosses.
Sunwell was, maybe, a little too hard. But most of the content is easier than even Karazhan. I believe they overdid it a little bit. Possibly I'm biased because I really love hard content, but that's why I've put two points of view in my previous post.

notworksafe

Yeah ToC was really easy. That and Ony were kinda fun as quick raids, and since my guild only raids one day a week they were easy to get through and farm for gear. As far as Naxx, I never got to do it the first go around so it was new to me. Still was overly easy though, I agree.

At the moment, my guild is working on Ulduar drakes and some of those fights are still a bit challenging and a lot of fun. Makes me a little bummed to go back to ICC when we get finished. Working on the ICC drake should make it more interesting, I hope.

Hah, I thought the PotT Removal thing was a joke, and I guess it kinda is in a way.

You structure so much of last year's Blizzcon around a feature and then do away with it so nonchalantly?

ampere

Sciz said:
wait a second

Ghostcrawler said:
We're not sure what we'll do with Ancestral Swiftness. We made that talent before you could wolf indoors, so it may be less attractive now.
There go any thoughts of me ever dropping Imp. GW from a build ever again. :D
Ghost Wolf indoors!? News to me, I've been begging for this for ages haha
I will be keeping instant cast Ghost Wolf in my PVE builds from now on :D

Belfast

dave is ok said:

Aerial combat, at least in some form, is in Cataclysm. Maybe not in the PvP sense, but certainly during the questing experience.

J-Rzez

ciaossu said:
Ghost Wolf indoors!? News to me, I've been begging for this for ages haha
I will be keeping instant cast Ghost Wolf in my PVE builds from now on :D

When it removes snares is when GW will be really special, though they said that's an "iconic druid" ability. And we know how that goes when it comes to that stuff.

mclem

Freyjadour said:
Hah, I thought the PotT Removal thing was a joke, and I guess it kinda is in a way.

You structure so much of last year's Blizzcon around a feature and then do away with it so nonchalantly?

So much of last year's Blizzcon? I recall a talk on the subject, but little more than that.

J-Rzez

mclem said:
So much of last year's Blizzcon? I recall a talk on the subject, but little more than that.

They did a decent talk on how it would via Arch allow you to get special weapons, and other unique combat abilities/dmg boosters tailored to how you would want to play.

So players don't feel like they have to run both 10- and 25-player raids, in Cataclysm both will be rewarded with items of the same level, and they will share a lockout, forcing you to choose which to run that week.
So items are going to be equal at the 10 and 25 level, and I can only do a 10 or a 25 (or a 25 later broken down into 10s). So why would anyone ever organize a 25 now? Less shot at gear and you need to worry about finding more quality players?

I feel like I'm missing something, or are 25s just functionally going to be dead?

Ridli

Perspicacity said:
So items are going to be equal at the 10 and 25 level, and I can only do a 10 or a 25 (or a 25 later broken down into 10s). So why would anyone ever organize a 25 now? Less shot at gear and you need to worry about finding more quality players?

I feel like I'm missing something, or are 25s just functionally going to be dead?
Except 25's will drop about 50% more loot per player.

firex

25 also gives more valor points. So you will gear up faster in 25s than 10s.

I just hope this means the difficulty gap between 10 and 25 isn't so big.

firex

J-Rzez said:
They did a decent talk on how it would via Arch allow you to get special weapons, and other unique combat abilities/dmg boosters tailored to how you would want to play.
All I remember them saying is you would get different boosts to your character from Path of the Titans. Not weapons, just new buffs/skills.

Personally I'm not too disappointed in the removal of it, because glyphs really are poorly implemented, so this means they have to work hard to make glyphs better. To be more accurate, they have to work hard to make it so there's not as many must-have glyphs. I really hope this "middle glyphs" concept takes care of more of the important role-defining glyphs and major/minor glyphs do a better job modifying spells.

It's disappointing, but I get the feeling they will work on a different kind of alternate advancement later. Hopefully this method offers a grind with a different feel to it.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i dont understand why Blizzard doesnt implement a moveable on-screen keyboard to enter in passwords. Seems like it would be an easy implementation to make hacking harder to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom