• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

Door2Dawn said:
Wow you sure do sound mad. :lol

But I do agree that their hush hush style is pretty frustrating, and only pisses off the fan base in the process. I do believe the beta will start either this week or sometime in July ( maybe early or mid).

I also can't see how they would release this thing in November, I mean there is absolutely nothing to do when guilds start to clear RS, which will be within days.

It irritates me more each and every passing day. I wish I can walk away from it already except there's nothing else out there that interests me. Not saying the others are bad, they're just not my thing. And, none of them happen to come close to WoW's gameplay which is the best out there.

They are an incredibly arrogant developer. They know they have their player base by the reproductive organs. The problem is there's nothing out there to really challenge them until next year with Star Wars and FFXIV. But it will be nice that those titles will without a doubt, put a dent into Blizzard's armor and bring them back down to reality where they'll have to actually "try".

Once again, Blizzard lied. "After Wrath, we promise you'll wait no longer than 18 months for an expansion, maybe even as little as a year".

And I agree, like I've been saying for months. There is no way possible that OS 2.0 will hold people over. The content is spent, completely burnt out. Hopefully they'll enjoy watching their sub base plummet over the next months, and then Kotick will step in there and start laying down the law to get more content out there to rape consumers even further.

Door2Dawn said:
Wow really? Isn't he suppose to be hard?

He was one shot on the PTR's iirc, and guilds will one-shot it on live barring bugs or massively overtuning the fight to artificially extending that place until the "Dragon's Cry" buff hits 10%. Oh, no dragon's cry you say? It'll be there.

Also, people went in there on my realm and downed everything, no Halion.

Flib

I didn't say they were killing him.

Originally Posted by Nethaera (Source)
As noted in the official patch 3.3.5 notes, ( http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/ ) the release of the Ruby Sanctum was briefly delayed to better align its availability across all regions.

We’re happy to announce that the wait is over, and the Ruby Sanctum is now open. To learn more about this exciting new raid dungeon, please visit the Ruby Sanctum preview page. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...ubysanctum.xml

I know that people say that the blizzard authenticator is available on any mobile phone. But I have a palm pre, and I cant find a version of the authenticator anywhere.

Am I missing it somewhere? If anyone can point me in the correct direction, that would be great <3.

That's kind of fucked up to delay it to not give people an unfair advantage in getting world firsts over Europe and then launch it when a bunch of servers are down for 24 hour maintenance.

They probably fucked up and just went with it.

J-Rzez

Oni Link 666 said:
That's kind of fucked up to delay it to not give people an unfair advantage in getting world firsts over Europe and then launch it when a bunch of servers are down for 24 hour maintenance.

I don't think anyone would really care about a world first of OS 2.0, a 1-boss raid. Maybe all those people licking their chops in their 277 gear to go and school the hardmode, and then tell all the 10-man guilds how easy it is.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's funny to see all the people crying on the official forums about how "unfair" the situation is on how some people can kill Halion hours before others.

Seriously, who the fuck cares? You're still going to down Halion tomorrow and get your shiny epics like everyone who can do it today. Just shut up already.

Then again, it is the official forum. It was made for people to QQ for the stupidest reasons.

Hixx

Oni Link 666 said:

EU realms are down for 12 hours now and if they fuck up the maintenance like the US suffered last week the whole delaying for world firsts things will have been utterly pointless:lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So I started recruit a friend up recently and the level granting system seems very silly. I have heirloom items and my friend doesn't, so I'm outpacing him while leveling, but only he can grant levels. Seems absurd that they ever came to this conclusion.

ampere

Dance In My Blood said:
So I started recruit a friend up recently and the level granting system seems very silly. I have heirloom items and my friend doesn't, so I'm outpacing him while leveling, but only he can grant levels. Seems absurd that they ever came to this conclusion.
IMO you should take off any experience bonus inducing heirlooms when doing RAF. Just keep the weapon and trinkets. If you become more than 3 levels higher than them you'll stop getting the bonus experience (but maybe that won't happen, I haven't done the math, depends on how much experience required jumps per level).

Door2Dawn

Banned
Speaking of recruit a friend, Starcraft 2 beta did a RAF thing that allowed people already in the beta to give their friends beta accounts. Do you think they will do the same with Cataclysm beta?

Flib

The whole world can't have it go live at the same time, someone still has to have it drop in the middle of the night. They just didn't want the US to be working on it for a full week before everyone else.

Dance In My Blood said:

No, it's just more incentive for the inviter. You not only get a fast level 60, but for each 2 sets you level, you get one free.

Door2Dawn said:
Speaking of recruit a friend, Starcraft 2 beta did a RAF thing that allowed people already in the beta to give their friends beta accounts. Do you think they will do the same with Cataclysm beta?

I remember them doing the same for BC and WotLK. You can expect them doing the same in this one.

Flib said:
The whole world can't have it go live at the same time, someone still has to have it drop in the middle of the night. They just didn't want the US to be working on it for a full week before everyone else.

If they would have just kept quiet and waited for the patch to be ready for everyone and all the server upgrades were done people wouldn't be bitching so much. They just had to put the patch up in NA a week before and tell everyone to wait for Europe though. Now opening up the instance while a bunch of servers are down for 24 hours makes them look bad.

I'm not really mad at the situation, but it is annoying to not be able to play on the day new content is released.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Flib said:
Who cares. Halion doesn't even appear to be all that difficult for decent raids from what I can tell unless they significantly buffed him on live.

Well, the consensus looks like I've been hacked. Of course, I picked the busiest customer service day possible to try to rectify the problem. 24 hours of downtime for some servers? I bet there are some people on suicide watch (wish I was kidding). I had my friend add my main to friends, and he was offline, not "not found" so someone's been tooling around on my char, possibly saying all sorts of horrible shit, etc. This authenticator seems like kind of a bum deal too, as in if you don't get it someone else can use it to padlock you out of your own account. I never thought I needed one, because I don't engage in risky wow behavior; I know what spam is, I don't misspell worldofwarcraft.com, I don't give away my passwords for a "free mountn" none of it. I thought you only needed an authenticator if you didn't trust yourself or something. Apparently, no. I'm totally getting one if I ever get my god damn account back. Get one if you don't have one.

Back to checking my in-box every 3 mins.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
downed halion 10 normal on my hunter today. its a fun fight, not that hard. raid was mostly alts and 2 pug tanks. could have had it down a lot faster if it were icc25 hard mode geared people and non-retard tanks.

ampere

theinfinityissue said:
Well, the consensus looks like I've been hacked. Of course, I picked the busiest customer service day possible to try to rectify the problem. 24 hours of downtime for some servers? I bet there are some people on suicide watch (wish I was kidding). I had my friend add my main to friends, and he was offline, not "not found" so someone's been tooling around on my char, possibly saying all sorts of horrible shit, etc. This authenticator seems like kind of a bum deal too, as in if you don't get it someone else can use it to padlock you out of your own account. I never thought I needed one, because I don't engage in risky wow behavior; I know what spam is, I don't misspell worldofwarcraft.com, I don't give away my passwords for a "free mountn" none of it. I thought you only needed an authenticator if you didn't trust yourself or something. Apparently, no. I'm totally getting one if I ever get my god damn account back. Get one if you don't have one.

Back to checking my in-box every 3 mins.
I think that Adobe zero-day security flaw caused a good number of people to get hacked. Also, sometimes when you search for a website on google, a sponsored link that looks identical can be a phishing site. You don't have to be dumb to get hacked, though being dumb will make it happen faster. IMO everyone who cares at all about their account should shell out $6 for the dongle or download the free authenticator app if their smartphone has one available.

Hope you get everything sorted out soon :/

ciaossu said:
I think that Adobe zero-day security flaw caused a good number of people to get hacked. Also, sometimes when you search for a website on google, a sponsored link that looks identical can be a phishing site. You don't have to be dumb to get hacked, though being dumb will make it happen faster. IMO everyone who cares at all about their account should shell out $6 for the dongle or download the free authenticator app if their smartphone has one available.

Hope you get everything sorted out soon :/

oh. Hmm.. before I put in a new HDD I was getting a whole lot of those "Adobe Acrobat Reader has experienced an error and needs to close..." messages, maybe that was it. If it was just some random thing and not a fellow player with insidious motives maybe they didn't fuck up my account too bad. Thanks for the info.

ampere

theinfinityissue said:
oh. Hmm.. before I put in a new HDD I was getting a whole lot of those "Adobe Acrobat Reader has experienced an error and needs to close..." messages, maybe that was it. If it was just some random thing and not a fellow player with insidious motives maybe they didn't fuck up my account too bad. Thanks for the info.
If it's a hacker, chances are your account will be banned for 'exploiting the in-game economy' or something and the hacker will just be selling your gear/items and using your account to spam information about their gold selling websites. Blizzard is good about recovering accounts but it can take about a week as they seem to do a check to verify that it was actually someone other than you violating the ToS. Get an authenticator ASAP and shoot them an email (sounds like you did, general advice) also ASAP.

Getting hacked sucks but at least authenticators make it very difficult in the future.

Magnus

Halion isn't perfect one-shot material. Bit of working out to do for the middle of the fight, Kalecgos-style for people who haven't PTR'd him or meticulously studied where to be and what to do in every phase.

We should have gotten him tonight, but didn't sadly (25m)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
keeblerdrow said:
No, it's just more incentive for the inviter. You not only get a fast level 60, but for each 2 sets you level, you get one free.
But I already get the mount. The whole deal just seems stacked in my favor.
ciaossu said:
IMO you should take off any experience bonus inducing heirlooms when doing RAF. Just keep the weapon and trinkets. If you become more than 3 levels higher than them you'll stop getting the bonus experience (but maybe that won't happen, I haven't done the math, depends on how much experience required jumps per level).
I'm thinking about it, but the stats are pretty hot still around the early levels, and they're the only heirloom items I have.

I already got to be more than three levels higher. Might take the pieces off once he starts catching back up.

Joined the club :)

WoWScrnShot_062910_221920.jpg

J-Rzez

Wish we knew that Hard mode could be done the first day for RS, we would have done that instead of wasting our time with normal. :(

Oh well, it was a refreshing fight. Something different. Should buy us a couple more weeks before we're done with it considering there really isn't much in there.

It should be "pug-proof" for a couple weeks I'd imagine, as I'm sure the moment and awareness needed for it will thwart them until more people get it done. You don't even need vent for the fight, just so people know how to avoid the beam, and to run out for the cleanse (if melee) then you're fine.

I got a heroic DFO on my mage alt tonight. I had some people offer me a lot of gold for it after it was looted to me. I almost felt guilty getting it...

Swag

keeblerdrow said:
I got a heroic DFO on my mage alt tonight. I had some people offer me a lot of gold for it after it was looted to me. I almost felt guilty getting it...

I would've sold it, one of my friends in guild came on an alt run I do, and got H DFO. Sold it for 22k gold :lol

So I have ton of time and am really bored so I decided it's time to resub.
I'm gonna level 2 characters I have in 30s(H and A) as farewell to good ol' azeroth but I want to to something with my 80s.

Here my paladin, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Nolimit
my lock http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Burned
and rogue http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Nolimith

I'll probably want to play on pala most and maybe on lock a bit so I'm wondering what should I do gear wise? Should I still be hitting random heroics all the time, or try to raid(even tho people ask for huge gearscore even at shitty old raids qq). Which raids/instances etc.
Even tho last login is at February, I haven't really played that much since last year so it's been a while.
As for my rogue, I wanted him to be pure PVP, do no instances or raids just bgs and arena. But while I was farming honor 24/7 I was bored as hell, what do you recommend to do with him PVP wise?

Updating addons atm, waiting for replies and then buying gamecard :)

Edit: Seems like my rogue isn't on armory page anymore hmm, is there any other site that might have him stored in cashe or something? But basically he had some pvp gear, some icecrown arena stuff and blues from quests/leveling.

Tacitus_

Nolimit_SS said:
So I have ton of time and am really bored so I decided it's time to resub.
I'm gonna level 2 characters I have in 30s(H and A) as farewell to good ol' azeroth but I want to to something with my 80s.

Here my paladin, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Nolimit
my lock http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Burned
and rogue http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Nolimith

I'll probably want to play on pala most and maybe on lock a bit so I'm wondering what should I do gear wise? Should I still be hitting random heroics all the time, or try to raid(even tho people ask for huge gearscore even at shitty old raids qq). Which raids/instances etc.

Do loads of heroics - you can get T9 equivelant gear from the 'new' heroic badges. With Naxx bring T7 that's a huge leap with just 5 mans.

Flib

Can anyone recommend an addon to more easily track debuffs? Specifically for fights with tank switching (where I'm tanking and need to track stacks on the other tank)?

Obviously DBM handles this, but I'd like to be able to track larger icons.

notworksafe

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1839-Cataclysm-Closed-Beta-Test

FUCK YEAH!

IRVINE, Calif. – June 30, 2010 – Blizzard Entertainment announced today that the closed beta test for Cataclysm™, its highly anticipated new expansion for World of Warcraft®, has begun. The company has started issuing invitations to participate in the testing process to a wide range of players from around the world who signed up via their Battle.net® accounts. While enjoying an early look at the game, beta testers will provide valuable feedback to help Blizzard Entertainment find bugs, address balance issues, and polish the new content.

"Our focus with Cataclysm has been to build on the knowledge we've gained through the previous expansions to deliver the best, most compelling World of Warcraft content for our players to date," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Gathering focused feedback during the beta test will go a long way in helping us reach that goal when we launch Cataclysm later this year."

Cataclysm is the third expansion for World of Warcraft, the most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game in the world. The first two expansions, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King®, each shattered PC game sales records upon their release. In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races -- worgen and goblins -- will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

For more information on World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, please visit the official website at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm. To set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta test, please visit the official Battle.net website at http://www.battle.net.

Xabora

Seemingly ontime, now to hope for a key...
Stupid epically long alpha F&F list.

EDIT: Still NDA bound, as by the closed beta title.

Hixx

I got two keys last year so I doubt I will be getting one this year :(

Probably even less likely considering I gave one to a friend who sold it for £130. I don't speak to him anymore.

Tamanon said:
MMO-Champ info dump begins. Bibi is assuming the NDA lifted. Tons of info on class changes posted!

Now watch as he retracts all the info within hours of the dumping and then get pissed at people who share those photos.

Nevermind. Zarhym confirmed that the NDA is lifted.

Nitsuj23

Hey guys I don't play at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I made a mistake. I had an authenticator on my old 3G iPhone and when I got my new iPhone 4 I didn't sync the apps. The 3G is wiped and sold, so I'm pretty sure I no longer have access to my authenticator. I know you guys can't do anything, but has anyone here experienced this? I could use a heads up on what to expect haha... thanks

Nitsuj23 said:
Hey guys I don't play at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I made a mistake. I had an authenticator on my old 3G iPhone and when I got my new iPhone 4 I didn't sync the apps. The 3G is wiped and sold, so I'm pretty sure I no longer have access to my authenticator. I know you guys can't do anything, but has anyone here experienced this? I could use a heads up on what to expect haha... thanks
You can contact Blizz and prove your identity, they will remove the authenticator.

notworksafe

Nitsuj23 said:
Yeah, I did this just recently when switching phones. If you know your authenticator's serial number you can just call Blizz and they will remove it. If not...I'm not sure. They'll probably want a fax with an ID or something like that. That was the old policy anyway.

EDIT: Rumor out there on invites is that the first wavers should expect a key by tomorrow night. So don't despair yet, guys!

notworksafe said:
Yeah, I did this just recently when switching phones. If you know your authenticator's serial number you can just call Blizz and they will remove it. If not...I'm not sure. They'll probably want a fax with an ID or something like that. That was the old policy anyway.

EDIT: Rumor out there on invites is that the first wavers should expect a key by tomorrow night. So don't despair yet, guys!

Yeah, last two times I was given a key I received both of them at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom