• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pookaki said:
We are trying to take it in stride. He knows what he did was super fucked up. We let the GM of the guild he joined know, but that is not going to do anything really. Its not like spammig trade about him being a prick is going to get anything done anyways.

We will make another, and give it to someone deserving and loyal, Hopefully.

If anyone runs into This guy be weary.

I am still mega bummed about it.

Of course. Blood Elf Paladins. The worst kind.

ampere

Pookaki said:
We are trying to take it in stride. He knows what he did was super fucked up. We let the GM of the guild he joined know, but that is not going to do anything really. Its not like spammig trade about him being a prick is going to get anything done anyways.

We will make another, and give it to someone deserving and loyal, Hopefully.

If anyone runs into This guy be weary.

I am still mega bummed about it.
Damn... that's awful. We're working on getting a ret pally in our guild Shadowmourne but he's the GM's son so we wouldn't have to worry about that, but damn. I can't believe he just gquit like that... did you guys know him for very long?

ciaossu said:
Damn... that's awful. We're working on getting a ret pally in our guild Shadowmourne but he's the GM's son so we wouldn't have to worry about that, but damn. I can't believe he just gquit like that... did you guys know him for very long?
Over a year. He joined up at Ulduar. He was a very nice guy, always putting together pugs. Overall very friendly and helpful.

Makes it that much worse, I have a feeling that he was planning for a while.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
mclem said:
While I appreciate the desire for new content, as someone who never got to visit AQ40 as a 'real' instance, only as a 'nuke everything on a grand tour' one, I'd really quite like to see a Naxx-ing of it in a future expansion.
If you think people who missed Naxx got to experience it in Wrath you're wrong. That Naxx is nothing like the real Naxx.

A friend of mine just wrote up this Chrome extension that will

This extension gives you a pop-up list of links to the WoW Armory and alternatives. The links update on-the-fly as you type, and open in a new tab. Great for checking out a potential recruit for a quick PUG, etc.

Link

Fularu

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
If you think people who missed Naxx got to experience it in Wrath you're wrong. That Naxx is nothing like the real Naxx.
No one can seriously want an old naxx type instance again.

Farming world buffs for Loatheb? Fuck that
Farming 4 piece T3 for 8 warriors? Fuck that
Farming frost resist gear? Fuck that

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fularu said:

People already hated the new Naxx after having to deal with it for 6 months, if the new Naxx was exactly like the old one, except made for 80s, people would have gone mad in those 6 months.

dimb

Fularu said:

I will take all of that if it means I get a dungeon that isn't a snoozefest.

dimb

Evlar said:
Just click off the ICC buff.
We're talking Naxx vs. Naxx here, that's all. No knocks against any other instances, but new Naxx is a joke compared to the old Naxx.

dimb

What are you guys talking about. : /

I'm not saying WoW isn't hard enough or anything of that nature. But let's be honest, going through new Naxx pales in comparison to entering old Naxx and running through that. The people who ran that did not experience the real Naxxramas, and they never will. The same thing would go for a remade AQ40.

notworksafe

Dance In My Blood said:
What are you guys talking about. : /

I'm not saying WoW isn't hard enough or anything of that nature. But let's be honest, going through new Naxx pales in comparison to entering old Naxx and running through that. The people who ran that did not experience the real Naxxramas, and they never will. The same thing would go for a remade AQ40.
I get what you mean. Hard to translate an endgame raid to a beginner raid. Especially when the classes play totally different and you want to not having people farming specific gear types to even get inside. I never got to see Naxx at level so it's nice to get something, even if it's just a shadow of its former difficulty.

Bisnic

I'm not sure why were comparing the 2 Naxxs. One required the best epics you could get at the time with T2 and resistance gear. You couldn't hope to do it with shitty blues from Scholomance or Stratholme. And another required that you use the blues and few epics you could get from heroics. One was endgame raid. One was the 1st raid of an expansion. The new Naxx just couldn't be as hard as that.

Just imagine if, for some crazy reason, Blizzard would release a new ICC in the next expansion after Cataclysm. That new ICC would be the first raid of the expansion, just like Naxx, and you would do it with blues and some epics, just like Naxx. BUT, it would be as hard as ICC 25 Heroic.

Yeah, that wouldn't work.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Looks like the next battery of servers are going down for 24hr maintenance, and all of my servers are among them. Boo-urns!

Evlar

Banned
Mr Nash said:
Looks like the next battery of servers are going down for 24hr maintenance, and all of my servers are among them. Boo-urns!
Yeah, same.
Dance In My Blood said:
We're talking Naxx vs. Naxx here, that's all. No knocks against any other instances, but new Naxx is a joke compared to the old Naxx.
By the way you wrote it sounded to me that you were pining for a good old-fashioned ass kicking in general. I didn't catch you meant specifically for Naxx. Sorry.

dimb

Bisnic said:
I'm not sure why were comparing the 2 Naxxs. One required the best epics you could get at the time with T2 and resistance gear. You couldn't hope to do it with shitty blues from Scholomance or Stratholme. And another required that you use the blues and few epics you could get from heroics. One was endgame raid. One was the 1st raid of an expansion. The new Naxx just couldn't be as hard as that.
There's more to it than that. Even for a beginner raid Naxx was always just an idiot's cakewalk. It is without a doubt the easiest raid in the game to date. Easier than MC, easier than ZG, easier than Kara, etc.

Without even deadly trash mobs it captures nothing of the original Naxx, one of the hardest raids in the game. There's a difference between requiring gear and general difficulty.

Mr Nash said:

Not mine, guess it's just me and my tlpd...

(maybe gaf guild should join this maintenance-less server)

Kletian

Any Alliance guild out there want a well to do Rogue? I'm tired of my guild ability to still not be able to kill putricide even with the 25% buff. On top of that there loot rules are starting to seem to show favoritism towards the officers and their families. My current server seems to be void of good progression guilds that still have a casual sense about them.

Reigner on Gilneas and feel free to PM me if your interested :D

ampere

Pookaki said:
Over a year. He joined up at Ulduar. He was a very nice guy, always putting together pugs. Overall very friendly and helpful.

Makes it that much worse, I have a feeling that he was planning for a while.
Ugh... that's gotta be the worst kind of scenario.

RiskyChris said:
Not mine, guess it's just me and my tlpd...

(maybe gaf guild should join this maintenance-less server)
They did the other half of servers a few weeks back, I guarantee yours was among them :p listed here

Dance In My Blood said:
There's more to it than that. Even for a beginner raid Naxx was always just an idiot's cakewalk. It is without a doubt the easiest raid in the game to date. Easier than MC, easier than ZG, easier than Kara, etc.

Without even deadly trash mobs it captures nothing of the original Naxx, one of the hardest raids in the game. There's a difference between requiring gear and general difficulty.
I think the fact that people did it in their lv70 epics just mere days after Wrath was released proves your point :lol Not sure I personally want a hardcore raid similar to vanilla Naxx but I would prefer that the first tier raids in Cataclysm require lv85 gear, which I think Ghostcrawler has said they are aiming for

mclem

Dance In My Blood said:

I think you may be overestimating MC a lot, there; it was easy enough that half a 40-man raid could be dragged by the other 20 people being competent, and the places where it *was* difficult were for bullshit reasons (lack of fire res gear, lack of adequate tanks, lack of cleanses, lack of warlocks, ignorance of game mechanics)

I think the fact that people did it in their lv70 epics just mere days after Wrath was released proves your point :lol
I would spend a moment thinking about what sort of people are at L80 'mere days' after an expansion is released.

Flib

ciaossu said:
Ugh... that's gotta be the worst kind of scenario.

They did the other half of servers a few weeks back, I guarantee yours was among them :p listed here

I think the fact that people did it in their lv70 epics just mere days after Wrath was released proves your point :lol Not sure I personally want a hardcore raid similar to vanilla Naxx but I would prefer that the first tier raids in Cataclysm require lv85 gear, which I think Ghostcrawler has said they are aiming for

They actually have more to do after this. My server hasn't been in either round.

J-Rzez

Still no beta information. I didn't think Blizzard would be this stupid, but if they follow their track record for being slow as all fuck, we won't see Cata until at least Nov at this rate. Hell, it can slip into 2011 and not being surprising.

This just goes to show how out of touch Blizzard is with their fans, they just don't care about them. They can go on about their "standards", but these standards for the past 2 years have been no better than the other "quality" mmo's out there.

I mean, this game is beat. Big whoop, we should get OS 2.0 today. We'll go in there and one shot it, and that'll be that. So what do they expect people to do for 6 months to keep that money flowing in for them?

J-Rzez

My server wasn't on either list so far as well. Which is odd considering they said half would be done last time, half this time. I remember this realm was down for Wrath launch, but I would think it would get the upgrade treatment like the others. Especially this battlegroup in general, getting a booted a lot lately.

notworksafe

Mine isn't on either list either...and I don't believe they ever said it'd be half and half. I guess in a couple of weeks they're going to finish up since they can't have too many left to do.

notworksafe

Smaller raids are fine with me, but I only raid one day a week and I'd like to get through a whole raid in one sitting. It ends up being the same number of bosses as Wrath launched with so it seems fair to me.

Auto-complete on quests is glorious.

Bisnic

So about that auto complete quest stuff... does that mean we will never have to go back to the questgiver for our rewards? We'll get some green pants or blue sword rewards teleported right to us by the questgiver now? :lol

*Shadowxnoob kill his 10th undead, sword teleports right over his head, blade pointing down*
Drake Slayer Blade kills Shadowxnoob
Shadowxnoob : WTF

CassSept

Skel said:
6 bosses per raid max, 3 full raids at launch.

Great news! Different raids help with farming fatigue. Though I'm not entirely sure the cap is necessary (MH with 5 and BT with 9 bosses as a tier worked), that's still a huge step up from WotLK concept.

Auto complete on quests. You can complete and start the next quest in the chain without having to go back to town.
Sweet Jesus. Oh my oh my oh my.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
the autocomplete quest thing seems more along the lines of finishing the last boss in a dungeon and instantly having your rewards placed in your bags.

not sure if you'll be able to select the item you want, or if they're just gonna give you the item that is best for your class of the 4. since there's typically only ever 1 anyway.

Sciz

davepoobond said:
not sure if you'll be able to select the item you want, or if they're just gonna give you the item that is best for your class of the 4. since there's typically only ever 1 anyway.
Better still have a choice. Sometimes I like taking a particular piece just because it looks especially nice, and sometimes it's all useless crap and you just want whatever's worth the most.

Einbroch

Banned
Sciz said:
Better still have a choice. Sometimes I like taking a particular piece just because it looks especially nice, and sometimes it's all useless crap and you just want whatever's worth the most.
It likely will have a little icon that pops up that says "Quest Completed! Click here to open Journal", at which point you'll open up your journal and click "Complete Quest" and choose the reward like normal.

From pictures that I've seen this feature shown, it just pops up the quest completion screen and has you choose your items. Think of it as normally done in today's game just without heading back and forth.

For reference to how this works here are two alpha pictures from a patch or two ago. I can't find the quest completion screen but here's to show how you get your quests.

dmMOn.jpg

qG4bB.jpg

ampere

Flib said:
They actually have more to do after this. My server hasn't been in either round.
RiskyChris said:
Nope, not in that list.
Welp, stupid me. I guess I assumed it was half and half, maybe there's another batch or two left then.

I like the news about auto-complete quests and I really like the news about smaller raids.
A 6 boss raid means that it's something we could clear in a single raid night (3 hours, usually twice a week) and if you tried to pug and got locked at least it's only for 6 bosses instead of 12. 3 raids at launch means more variety too :) I'm quite excited.

I think... I've been hacked.

Tried to hop on to resubscribe today, and guess what? It prompted me for a Blizzard Authenticator passcode. I've never bought an authenticator. Maybe someone hacked my account and put one on there? The funny thing is, if this isn't a weird fuck-up due to maintenance day bullshit and someone really DID hack my account, they didn't change my password and I just changed it. Is this a weird bug, or am I just out literally- literally- thousands of hours of work?

I have, of course, attempted to contact support, I'm waiting on an email back from them but as you would expect they are swamped. Their phone line "queue" is also so full it's not even pretending to put me on hold.

I've always wondered how people get hacked, being a reasonably net savvy person myself. I still don't know how this has happened, but it certainly does feel shitty. God, my main isn't on the armory- he may have been deleted but I'm hoping that's just the 3 months of inactivity.

Evlar

Banned
theinfinityissue said:
I think... I've been hacked.

Tried to hop on to resubscribe today, and guess what? It prompted me for a Blizzard Authenticator passcode. I've never bought an authenticator. Maybe someone hacked my account and put one on there? The funny thing is, if this isn't a weird fuck-up due to maintenance day bullshit and someone really DID hack my account, they didn't change my password and I just changed it. Is this a weird bug, or am I just out literally- literally- thousands of hours of work?

I have, of course, attempted to contact support, I'm waiting on an email back from them but as you would expect they are swamped. Their phone line "queue" is also so full it's not even pretending to put me on hold.

I've always wondered how people get hacked, being a reasonably net savvy person myself. I still don't know how this has happened, but it certainly does feel shitty. God, my main isn't on the armory- he may have been deleted but I'm hoping that's just the 3 months of inactivity.
Hard to tell what may be going on with the authentication servers on a maintenance day, but in general: Yes, it sounds like you were hacked. It has become very common for hackers to put an authenticator on your account. It's happened to several people on GAF.

notworksafe

You have been hacked. Call Blizz and ask them to put everything back. Nothing you can do other then that. Get an authenticator, they are cheap and available on any mobile phone...or free if you have an iDevice or Android phone.

So I guess Ruby Sanctum isn't going live today? My server is down until Wed at 3 am so I don't know. But I thought Europe was getting the patch today.

Door2Dawn

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Still no beta information. I didn't think Blizzard would be this stupid, but if they follow their track record for being slow as all fuck, we won't see Cata until at least Nov at this rate. Hell, it can slip into 2011 and not being surprising.

This just goes to show how out of touch Blizzard is with their fans, they just don't care about them. They can go on about their "standards", but these standards for the past 2 years have been no better than the other "quality" mmo's out there.

I mean, this game is beat. Big whoop, we should get OS 2.0 today. We'll go in there and one shot it, and that'll be that. So what do they expect people to do for 6 months to keep that money flowing in for them?
Wow you sure do sound mad. :lol

But I do agree that their hush hush style is pretty frustrating, and only pisses off the fan base in the process. I do believe the beta will start either this week or sometime in July ( maybe early or mid).

I also can't see how they would release this thing in November, I mean there is absolutely nothing to do when guilds start to clear RS, which will be within days.

Flib

Lol, it's only open on certain realms and they still haven't announced if it's supposed to be open. I smell a big mistake.

mclem

Bisnic said:
So about that auto complete quest stuff... does that mean we will never have to go back to the questgiver for our rewards? We'll get some green pants or blue sword rewards teleported right to us by the questgiver now? :lol

*Shadowxnoob kill his 10th undead, sword teleports right over his head, blade pointing down*
Drake Slayer Blade kills Shadowxnoob
Shadowxnoob : WTF

I *think* you'll still need to head to the QG for the end of quests, I think this is more for chains where you go to the quest area, kill 6 foozles, head back to the quest giver, he sends you back to the same area to kill faazles and get sic faazle heads, that sort of thing.

But Blizz could choose to play it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom