• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

Bisnic said:
Yeah, i can't wait to see my mage who have barely 19k HP in his ICC10/25 gear having nearly 40k at lvl 85. :lol

This is starting to get a little out of hand, I wonder at what point they're going to diminish the stats a bit.

I can imagine in about 2 expansions tanks pushing 250k hp, and people doing 30k+ dps. Seems a bit crazy to me.

Alcoori

Door2Dawn said:

"I like my women like my fuses: short, fast and ready to blow" WOW pretty explicit haha

"skip to step 3, profit" hahahaha

ahah ok I won't list them all but the female flirt lines are HILARIOUS

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If they put the kind of buff they did with ICC for the last Cata raid, yeah you might see that.

I mean, my warrior who isn't even in Heroic 25 ICC Gear could almost reach 70k HP a few days ago in a 5 man with the Heroic buff + Fortitude + Kings + Commanding Shout + Last Stand and maybe a Gift of the Wild or Fish Feast, i forgot. :lol And i have something like 44k unbuffed. I bet a warrior tank in much better gear could hit 100k with all the buffs mentioned.

Swag

Bisnic said:
If they put the kind of buff they did with ICC for the last Cata raid, yeah you might see that.

I mean, my warrior who isn't even in Heroic 25 ICC Gear could almost reach 80k HP a few days ago in a 5 man with the Heroic buff + Fortitude + Kings + Commanding Shout + Last Stand and maybe a Gift of the Wild or Fish Feast, i forgot. :lol

My tank has I think 74,096 Hp with ICC buff, Fort, Food, Stoneblood, Kings, Commanding, Gift. Never seen it with Sanc but I'm pretty sure that Sanc over rides one of those buffs.

I can't remember it with Last Stand, but I do know that there are druids that have gotten close to 150k with all those buffs + survival instincts and the buff you get from the NPCs pre gun ship.

Sebulon3k said:
My tank has I think 74,096 Hp with ICC buff, Fort, Food, Stoneblood, Kings, Commanding, Gift. Never seen it with Sanc but I'm pretty sure that Sanc over rides one of those buffs.

Sanctuary overrides Kings, sadly.

Jrmint

He was doing the Worgen starting area which looks omg fucking awesome. There was a quest where you throw a gunpowder barrel on an Abominations head and an npc shoots it to make him explode :lol

But now he's just running around Dal with his 80 DK.. Idk why.

So, can anyone confirm how character creation works on worgen? Do you just make a worgen and then get assigned either a corresponding human look or a specific look that everyone shares?

SiegfriedFM said:
So, can anyone confirm how character creation works on worgen? Do you just make a worgen and then get assigned either a corresponding human look or a specific look that everyone shares?

As of right now there is no human customization for your Worgen. You just pick what your Worgen looks like and that's it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Azwethinkweiz said:
Sanctuary overrides Kings, sadly.
It's not supposed to, but you can't cast Forgotten Kings with Sanc. up, but you can cast it before it comes up and then have them stack. I have no clue why Blizzard doesn't fix that.

The client will be available from your Battle.net account page when you get added. There are no keys being distributed as such, from what I know.

HarryDemeanor said:
As of right now there is no human customization for your Worgen. You just pick what your Worgen looks like and that's it.

They should make it, so your human form can just go to a barber and change with no change to the worgen form.

Angry Grimace said:
It's not supposed to, but you can't cast Forgotten Kings with Sanc. up, but you can cast it before it comes up and then have them stack. I have no clue why Blizzard doesn't fix that.

Well, speaking as a tank, I have the same amount of health whether I have either buff or both buffs at the same time. Even if both buffs are on me, the actual bonuses don't stack.

JesseZao

Soloing old content is going to be cake with the exponential upswing of stam/item levels. I never got around to soloing Kara with my druid though, maybe if I resub closer to Cata I will do that.

Xabora

JesseZao said:
Soloing old content is going to be cake with the exponential upswing of stam/item levels. I never got around to soloing Kara with my druid though, maybe if I resub closer to Cata I will do that.
I could see you doing it in cata greens considering I could do it in full ICC25 264 gear with some 277 gear.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Azwethinkweiz said:
Well, speaking as a tank, I have the same amount of health whether I have either buff or both buffs at the same time. Even if both buffs are on me, the actual bonuses don't stack.
The buff itself does (meaning both buffs exist), the individual benefit doesn't, (you only get the stat boosts for Strength and Stam once).

It matters for 10m raids that need Agi and Strength though; we have 2 Paladins in a given raid group, one to put up Sanc, and one to put up Might. In reality, we probably could just do kings instead of Sanc for the group, but we usually prefer Forgotten Kings + Sanc; but you have to cast FK before Sanc because the game has some kind of bug in which it won't allow FK to be applied if you have Sanctuary (it WILL allow real Greater Kings), and we'd usually rather have the 3% damage reduction over an extra 2% agi (since the actual benefit of that Agi for a DK isn't particularly exciting).

VaLiancY

Aspect of the Fox: The hunter takes on the aspects of a fox, increasing your focus regeneration by 20% and allows you to Auto-shot while moving.
Instant, 1 sec cooldown

What? :lol That sounds amazing.

Retro

VaLiancY said:
Aspect of the Fox: The hunter takes on the aspects of a fox, increasing your focus regeneration by 20% and allows you to Auto-shot while moving.
Instant, 1 sec cooldown

Yeah, I'm really excited to play a Goblin Hunter come Cataclysm, these changes sound really fun. Here's a few that Wow.com is reporting that sound really great;

Chimera Shot
50 Focus, 5-35 yd range, Instant, 10 sec cooldown
You deal 125% weapon damage, refreshing your Serpent Sting and triggering an effect depending on the venom on the target:
Viper Venom - Instantly burns 5% of the target's total mana.
Scorpid Venom - Attempts to Disarm the target for 10 sec sec. This effect cannot occur more than once per 1 minute.
Widow Venom - Instantly heals you for 15% of your total health.

So MM Hunters get 1 15% heal every 10 seconds if they use Widow Venom? Nice. Here's what the specific venoms do, by the way;

Scorpid Venom Reduces the targets armor by 4% for 30 seconds. Subsequent Steady Shot or Cobra Shots increase the effect by 4%, stacking up to three times.

Viper Venom Increases the casting time of all spells done by the enemy target by 30% for 30 seconds.

Widow Venom A venomous shot that reduces the effectiveness of any healing taken by 25% for 30 seconds.

Of course, only one Venom per Hunter can be active on any one target.

That little aspect alone sounds really interesting to me, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I really hope Paladins get a once over like this... I'm so tired of FCFS spamming on Ret and 969 on Prot, the class feels like it has no fucking momentum at all, it just... hammers away. Like it was in Vanilla when I was level 40 and just... not dying, but slowly killing.

Evlar

Banned
VaLiancY said:
Instant, 1 sec cooldown

Auto-shoot while moving? God damn! I might stop laughing at hunters in PvP...

Didn't most of the Blelf/Drany voice emotes get removed so as to meet ESRB rating or something?

Retro said:
Of course, only one Venom per Hunter can be active on any one target.

That little aspect alone sounds really interesting to me, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Being named Venom instead of Poison does give off the vague hope that they are not poisons and can't be removed.

Fularu

Banned
So, anyone recieved an invitation for the beta? If this year is like past betas, Blizzard will hate me and invite me a month before it ends :(

Angry Grimace

Fularu said:
So, anyone recieved an invitation for the beta? If this year is like past betas, Blizzard will hate me and invite me a month before it ends :(
I have one.

I plan to not use it just to spite you.

Okay, I'm lying. I only wish I got an invite. :(

VaLiancY said:
Instant, 1 sec cooldown

Fuck hunters from orbit. Gd damn.

Retro

Son of Godzilla said:
Didn't most of the Blelf/Drany voice emotes get removed so as to meet ESRB rating or something?
I know some of the racier Spacegoat emotes got dropped... I know the female ones referenced using gnomes as vibrators, pretty sure there were a few others... I'm sure the Furries will have the Nipple and Boner references cut.
Son of Godzilla said:
Being named Venom instead of Poison does give off the vague hope that they are not poisons and can't be removed.
Possibly, having them as poisons would be much better than magic effects since every healer can clear those out now.
Fularu said:
/checks inbox
/checks spam

Rats.

firex

Outdoor Miner said:
Weren't Demo locks supposed to be getting their own unique nuke or was that scrapped? Not seeing anything on it in the leaks.
They get to drop meteors on people. Look at the talents. It's NYI but it's a nuke that does shadow damage and then creates a flame patch for aoe.

Fularu

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Okay, I'm lying. I only wish I got an invite. :(
I had a lot of arguments with GC during the last beta, I'm not sure he wants more of them from me. Some of my ideas for warriors even ended beeing given to DKs :p

VaLiancY

I'm so happy to be a Hunter. I hope we don't go in live broken like in WotLK and Blizzard pretty much disregards the beta feedback til 4 months in.

It seems kind of weird how they turn all stings into venom except serpent sting. Does that mean we'll be keeping both SS and a venom up as part of our rotations?

The Hunter changes have me really excited to play the class in Cataclysm. 20 stabled pets plus 5 in call stable? Gotta catch'em all!

I'm seriously considering changing my main from Rogue to Hunter like, right now. Rogues still look lame. Combat looks like some kind of PVP or weird off-tank tree. I don't want to play a dagger Rogue.

Door2Dawn

Banned
The first round of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta invites are still being processed, Solous, and will likely be sent out within the next day or so. I touched a bit more on this topic here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25626285604&sid=1&pageNo=30#593

Q u o t e:
It's important to keep in mind that we're distributing World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta invites the same way we distributed StarCraft II beta invites. Instead of sending out a beta code via email and requiring the user to flag their own account, we're doing all of that for you. The invitation process is running, but it takes time to flag each account that's eligible.

Players who opted in and were selected as recipients for this first round of beta invites will likely be informed through Battle.net Account Management sometime today, though, potentially before the invitation email arrives.

To my knowledge, this first round should also include beta invites for Dell Beta club members.

:|

Oni Link 666 said:
It seems kind of weird how they turn all stings into venom except serpent sting. Does that mean we'll be keeping both SS and a venom up as part of our rotations?
YARP. This is the greatest hunter news ever.

Tamanon

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:

The Hunter changes have me really excited to play the class in Cataclysm. 20 stabled pets plus 5 in call stable? Gotta catch'em all!

I'm seriously considering changing my main from Rogue to Hunter like, right now. Rogues still look lame. Combat looks like some kind of PVP or weird off-tank tree. I don't want to play a dagger Rogue.

That's exactly why they made venoms, because otherwise Hunters just shelved their other stings as soon as they started raiding.

It looks like those with the Dell Beta Club promotion are receiving their invites right now. Not sure if the public beta invites are being sent at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom