• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
Evlar said:
RAF. You get perks for leveling together in the form of vastly increased XP, he can grant you levels, you can teleport to each other from any place in the world, you get an exclusive mount, and so forth.
what the fuck r u talking about bro

ampere

kai3345 said:
So, I recriuted a friend and he made his account through the email I sent him, and he went ahead and upgraded to the full version and now its saying our accounts arent linked.

picardwtfisthisshit.jpg
Not really sure what went wrong with that, if you send him a recruit a friend thing it should show up on your account as a 'pending link'. Call/email Blizzard, that's weird.

Evlar said:
RAF. You get perks for leveling together in the form of vastly increased XP, he can grant you levels, you can teleport to each other from any place in the world, you get an exclusive mount, and so forth.
haha did you even read his post?

I didn't follow all the leaks back then, but boy has this game been remade from the ground up! I've taken two flying routes, one from SW to IF (via Badlands and LM up to Southshore) and one from Org to Moonbrook via Azshara, Ashenvale and Darkshore. Most zones are nowhere near complete but there's already tons of stuff to see. Coolest stuff so far is (spoiler about a HUGE lore character appearing in a Darkshore quest chain)
Queen Azshara turning up at a newly built naga shrine in south Darkshore outside the Master's Glaive, where she meets up and taunts Malfurion, who is up to all kinds of cool stuff defending the area.
Oh, and there's a Faceless One leading the excavation of the Master's Glaive seen earlier...

New Orgrimmar is cooler than it seemed at the start. There's goblin and troll areas, the Valley of Wisdom is mostly cleared out, and there's a new road connecting it north to Azshara and the awesome rocket highways. Shame I won't be playing there much. Oh, and three entries makes Org even more accessible but I guess that's a moot point with flying anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Some people are getting their invites only from battle.net manage games section. Emails are way behind they said, so just check battle.net.
Let me just clarify for anyone who wants to know:

You didn't get an invite. Sucks to be you.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
Let me just clarify for anyone who wants to know:

You didn't get an invite. Sucks to be you.

Lol, basically.

Some people were questioning why they didn't get an email, but found it on their battle.net accounts. Guess they were running behind on the emails since they're flagging accounts first. Oh well, guess those of us that didn't get an invite will be waiting until next weeks batch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Lol, basically.

Some people were questioning why they didn't get an email, but found it on their battle.net accounts. Guess they were running behind on the emails since they're flagging accounts first. Oh well, guess those of us that didn't get an invite will be waiting until next weeks batch.
No, you guys are all never getting an invite.

Angry Grimace

Entropia said:
I know, I was commenting to Hamburglar who was saying I would never get in the beta!
You aren't in. Even if you're playing it. Still not in.

ampere

HarryDemeanor said:
I'm surprised with the lack of screenshots in this thread by those with the beta. Post some pictures folks!
Yeah! Don't be afraid guys, the NDA has been lifted so you won't get in trouble :)

Angry Grimace said:
You aren't in. Even if you're playing it. Still not in.
Yeah it was semi-funny the first time. Kind of dying on the third.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
HarryDemeanor said:
I'm surprised with the lack of screenshots in this thread by those with the beta. Post some pictures folks!

Probably gonna need some time. I've been downloading and patching for 4-5 hours now. XD

J-Rzez

Shouta said:
Ugh, some chinese hackers got into my WoW account then they linked an authencitator to my it. Sneaky bastards.

Well, take a personal/sick day off and schedule nothing but an afternoon of trying to get through to Blizzard. :(

Order yourself an authenticator while you're at it.

I'm still VERY suspicious of MMO-C. I know for a fact I haven't been anywhere else, yet, when I signed up for MMO-C just to support them for the good work they do, bam, phishing emails GALORE.

Angry Grimace

ciaossu said:
Yeah! Don't be afraid guys, the NDA has been lifted so you won't get in trouble :)

Yeah it was semi-funny the first time. Kind of dying on the third.
Which was the point. 80% of the last 50 posts are "I didn't get an invite."

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Okay, FINALLY got all patched up. Mostly flying around Orgrimmar and the Barrens right now, but here are a few screens to get started. These ones I forgot I didn't have my settings maxed out, so they may nut be super pretty. Btw, these are all going on photobucket so not sure how long they'll last before my bandwidth gets maxed out.

Random note: I was unable to mount anything in Cleft of Shadows, and that is the area you get warped to from Dalaran when going to Org atm.

Valley of Wisdom in Org:
WoWScrnShot_070210_164101.jpg

Valley of Honor in Org:
WoWScrnShot_070210_164147.jpg

Boat Outside Org:
WoWScrnShot_070210_164308.jpg

Fortifications at Durotar Entrance to Org:
WoWScrnShot_070210_164327.jpg

The Great Divide (The Barrens):
This is that big tear in the ground running down the Barrens. Interesting note: Currently, anyone who flies over it will be dismounted. Thankfully I have levitate, so I landed safely, but had to run all the way to the end of the divide before I could use my flying mount again.
WoWScrnShot_070210_164816.jpg

Anywho, that's all for now. I've got plans tonight, but will try and scrounge up a bunch more screens for y'all in the coming days. If there is anything in particular anyone wants to see, post it here, and I'll try and grab a screen of it.

Alex

Shouta said:
Ugh, some chinese hackers got into my WoW account then they linked an authencitator to my it. Sneaky bastards.

That happened to my Battle.net account, but it only took like 10 minutes on the phone to fix. Really nice.

firex

J-Rzez said:
Well, take a personal/sick day off and schedule nothing but an afternoon of trying to get through to Blizzard. :(

Order yourself an authenticator while you're at it.

I'm still VERY suspicious of MMO-C. I know for a fact I haven't been anywhere else, yet, when I signed up for MMO-C just to support them for the good work they do, bam, phishing emails GALORE.
I never signed up for that site and I still get tons of spam phishing emails.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
A few more pics:

Ruins of Camp Taurojo with gates to Mulgore in Background:
WoWScrnShot_070210_170928.jpg

Remains of the Great Lift at 1K Needles:
WoWScrnShot_070210_171206.jpg

Horde-Friendly Stonemaul Camp in Feralas:
WoWScrnShot_070210_171807.jpg

New Feathermoon Stronghold:
WoWScrnShot_070210_171853.jpg

Feathermoon Ruins from Distance:
WoWScrnShot_070210_171906.jpg

Feathermoon Ruins Up Close:
WoWScrnShot_070210_171941.jpg

The most greenified area of Desolace is mostly around Ghost Walker Post:
WoWScrnShot_070210_172204.jpg

WoWScrnShot_070210_172244.jpg

Astranaar from Hellscream's Watch
WoWScrnShot_070210_172631.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
Shouta said:

Had the exact thing happen to me. I'm guessing it's somehow linked to the attack on my Gmail account a few weeks earlier. (Nothing happened, but I saw that someone had logged on from China)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Any excitement i had for Cataclysm has all but evaporated. im not sure the exact reason why but it seems the more i see the less i like :(

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
In the first bit of the 80+ zones (Kelp Isle). XP needed to get from 80 to 81 is currently set at 3,066,000.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
About 27k per quest so far, and kills are netting me about 3.8k xp each (these mobs are lvl 78).

Edit: Looks like there's a new giant monster wandering around the zone too a la the Fel Reavers, and Giants. This time it's a gigantic whale shark with 7.7 million hp.

Edit 2: So far, quests are giving 7.8 gold each on average. Only one quest that has given me any gear, but yeah, gear reset ahoy! The quested greens I've seen so far have stats on par or slightly better than WotLK Tier 10 gear. :p

Mr Nash said:
About 27k per quest so far, and kills are netting me about 3.8k xp each (these mobs are lvl 78).

Edit: Looks like there's a new giant monster wandering around the zone too a la the Fel Reavers, and Giants. This time it's a gigantic whale shark with 7.7 million hp.

Edit 2: So far, quests are giving 7.8 gold each on average. Only one quest that has given me any gear, but yeah, gear reset ahoy! The quested greens I've seen so far have stats on par or slightly better than WotLK Tier 10 gear. :p

They'll probably bump up the required XP once it gets close to release. They always speed up the leveling during beta.

J-Rzez

firex said:
I never signed up for that site and I still get tons of spam phishing emails.

I don't know then. That's the only site I ever signed up for, plus I never browse other sites related to WoW. It's odd how they phish up people who are into WoW then if there's no coincidence. But I do remember MMO-C got hacked before, so maybe they got people's emails from that time.

Mr Nash, thanks for the pics. If you find anything else interesting post them up!

It's going to be a hell of a grind to 81, and who knows what 84 to 85 is going to be. That xp number is going to get inflated come retail as well. Either that, or less XP given.

J-Rzez

SuperAndroid17 said:
google "clown costume"

That was during vanilla and TBC. They made the quest rewards a bit more, blended, as in they mesh well with one another. But that maybe due to them recycling models to no end, and, very subtle art design.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
A couple more quick pics:

The Master's Glaive
WoWScrnShot_070210_174000.jpg

Kelp Forest
WoWScrnShot_070210_175541.jpg

This is what happens when you use your land mount in the Kelp Forest :p
WoWScrnShot_070210_182543.jpg

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Example of early quest reward
WoWScrnShot_070310_021749.jpg

Naga Riding Quest
WoWScrnShot_070310_023405.jpg

Hurray for silly quest names!
WoWScrnShot_070310_030032.jpg

Quest Item: Bow
WoWScrnShot_070310_030105.jpg

Quest Item: Staff
WoWScrnShot_070310_032010.jpg

The aforementioned staff. Kinda meh
WoWScrnShot_070310_031942.jpg

That's all for now. But a few random notes:

- Done over a dozen quests, and have only had one that was completable in the field. All others required me to return to quest giver.

- Mini map labels some NPCs of note like innkeeper, repairs NPCs, etc.

- Manta Rays appear to be what we'll ride underwater for taxi service instead of griffins. and wyverns

- Haven't come across any inns or towns that grant rested state yet in the Kelp Forest

Shouta

traveler said:
Had the exact thing happen to me. I'm guessing it's somehow linked to the attack on my Gmail account a few weeks earlier. (Nothing happened, but I saw that someone had logged on from China)

I had the same thing happen with my gmail account. It's probably linked. I'm actually gonna reformat my laptop because it's been annoying me for two a weeks.

markot

Banned
Yeah, my gmail account was hacked then my wow one was >.<

(I think it was in that order anyway.... makes more sense)

Guessing most users use an gmail address as log in for battle.net... kinda makes sense that they would target those.

>.< kinda lame though...

Shouta

Son of Godzilla said:
you can view login attempt details on gmail? I just keep mine permanently open, how2do?

It's at the bottom of the page. Tells you when the recent activity is. If you click the link that is after the sentence, it'll tell you where you logged in from, the IPs, and the country.

1) My biggest wish is that they still update the old player models. They need a animation and texture facelift so bad!

2) As do I hope they update many of the old models.. Particularly Hunter pets. They look so bad.

3)I can't wait to see the new log-in screen. I am so sick of the dragon coming in, and that piece of music! I would love the old one with the dark portal... maybe an updated version, where you see the blasted lands all fucked?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Vigilant Walrus said:
1) My biggest wish is that they still update the old player models. They need a animation and texture facelift so bad!

2) As do I hope they update many of the old models.. Particularly Hunter pets. They look so bad.
Agreed.

3)I can't wait to see the new log-in screen. I am so sick of the dragon coming in, and that piece of music! I would love the old one with the dark portal... maybe an updated version, where you see the blasted lands all fucked?
Omg yes. i hate the Wotlk log-in screen. i wish there was a way to go back to the original or TBC one.

Shouta said:
It's at the bottom of the page. Tells you when the recent activity is. If you click the link that is after the sentence, it'll tell you where you logged in from, the IPs, and the country.
Thanks! Added checking it to my daily routine.

Seems like I mainly want to play WoW when my subscription is up. Wound up resubbing last night after browsing this thread. I'll give the beta another try; last time it didn't convince me to stay.

Also anyone done Ruby Sanctum? The tankspot vid looked interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom