• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcoori

HixxSAFC said:
Anybody who ever says that in party chat should be eligible for instant kick. The first heroic I tanked on my DK I had about 22-23k hp and this was when avoidance wasn't at astronomical levels.

Fuck I hate the community this game has atm. Hopefully the lack of a zerg mentality in Cata dungeons makes them go away.

I tried to kick him but there was still 8mins to go :D
The last guy also rolled on an axe the rogue wanted even if he was an Elem Shaman (if those are the ones that use spells) and didn't need it. Also was systematically not focusing the same mob I was on, despite me telling him to do it (I fucking hate the Forge of Souls, it's a fucking nightmare to tank those casters that are too far away from each other to fit in my DnD :( )

Dance In My Blood said:
My new favorite version of this was getting into an instance and having the druid say he should tank because he had "X" more HP than me.

The only thing I could think to do was ask him what his parry and block rating were.

Yeah, some guy asked me how much defense I had because he probably though I had less than 540, tought luck I was at 560. Then he asks about my parry/dodge ratings, I had something like 21%/28%. He said that was not a lot.
Is that true? It seemed fairly good to me. I know it can be better but I'm not raid geared at all so I don't see it going through the roof.

Shouta

Got my account back but he sold everything but my gear. Damn asshole chinese gold farmer. Thankfully, they got the account before he he got away with some more of my money and so I got about 1300g worth of stuff left. Bad side? Asshole sold my Banner of Victory. That shit took forever to get from ToC.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Shouta said:
Got my account back but he sold everything but my gear. Damn asshole chinese gold farmer. Thankfully, they got the account before he he got away with some more of my money and so I got about 1300g worth of stuff left. Bad side? Asshole sold my Banner of Victory. That shit took forever to get from ToC.
Dang that sucks. Blizzards not able to get you that gear back? What shitheads those gold farmer/hackers are.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Shouta said:
Don't know, I may have to ask and see.
According to this thread here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24630563691&sid=1 youll have to make a GM ticket to get your stuff back. ive never been hacked so i dont know the procedure but i seem to remember a guildie that was hacked and i remember him talking about how his mailbox was full once they retrieved his gear. He didnt get everything but got like 90% of what was vendored.

Tacitus_

Alcoori said:
Yeah, some guy asked me how much defense I had because he probably thought I had less than 540, tought luck I was at 560. Then he asks about my parry/dodge ratings, I had something like 21%/28%. He said that was not a lot.
Is that true? It seemed fairly good to me. I know it can be better but I'm not raid geared at all so I don't see it going through the roof.

Those avoidance stats are just fine. I checked out my DK and he has 28% dodge and 21% parry, 3338 stamina and 576 defense. And this is with almost full ICC gear.

Fularu

Banned
Tacitus_ said:
Those avoidance stats are just fine. I checked out my DK and he has 28% dodge and 21% parry, 3338 stamina and 576 defense. And this is with almost full ICC gear.
ICC gear is more geared toward mitigation than avoidance.

His stats are fine though

Jrmint

Shouta said:
Don't know, I may have to ask and see.
My account was hacked in the past month or so, and as long as you let Blizzard know they will do an investigation and you will have everything back within a week or so.

Sciz

Alcoori said:
I tried to kick him but there was still 8mins to go :D
The last guy also rolled on an axe the rogue wanted even if he was an Elem Shaman (if those are the ones that use spells) and didn't need it. Also was systematically not focusing the same mob I was on, despite me telling him to do it (I fucking hate the Forge of Souls, it's a fucking nightmare to tank those casters that are too far away from each other to fit in my DnD :( )
Nighttime is a decent axe for a shaman trying to build a fresh enhancement set. I was dual wielding a couple of them before eventually picking up two Frost Giant's Cleavers from ICC10.

Fularu

Banned
StormyTheRabbit said:
Damn, I wish I got into the beta. I'm a little surprised because my account was in the WotLK beta, Starcraft 2 Beta, and still didn't get into this.
Wait patiently ;) I was in BC beta, wotlk beta and SCII beta, they just started the various invites so it's still early!

Also much more people are playing now than in either BC or wotlk (or are coming back lured by the prospect of a whole new game).

Fularu said:
Wait patiently ;) I was in BC beta, wotlk beta and SCII beta, they just started the various invites so it's still early!

Also much more people are playing now than in either BC or wotlk (or are coming back lured by the prospect of a whole new game).

Very true.

I just want in this beta much moreso than past ones as I dropped WoW half way through WotLK because I didn't like the turn it was taking. With Cat, I am willing to roll new Ally/Horde toons to experience the game all over again, explore Azeroth completely, and see what their plans are for endgame content now, hopefully taking a new direction than they did in WotLK.

Retro

Alcoori said:
Funny thing is, when I had 3k5 of GS, I survived better than now at 4k8. I fucking tanked the Pit of Saron with my 27k HP buffed without dying because the healer knew his job.

And this is why GS is just plain bad; GS =/= desirable stats for fulfilling a given role.

So I haven't really played in months and never really grouped...but this new dungeon finder feature is awesome. I have just been doing random quick runs with people and it is loads of fun :D

kai3345

Banned
Well, i finally got through to Blizzard support. Unlike other place's phone support, this dude was really nice and at least seemed to care about my problem, He also obviously wasn't reading from a script and was genuinely trying to help me, not get to the next caller. But anyway, he got me and my friend's accounts linked up just fine, so now I can't wait for him to get on so we can earn triple XPs.

The Lamonster said:
So I haven't really played in months and never really grouped...but this new dungeon finder feature is awesome. I have just been doing random quick runs with people and it is loads of fun :D

Yes. The dungeon finder is the best thing to grace Wow since the dungeons themselves.

Shouta

Skel said:
My account was hacked in the past month or so, and as long as you let Blizzard know they will do an investigation and you will have everything back within a week or so.

Cool, I'll poke Blizzard about it then.

When my account was hacked before I got an authenticator I opened a ticket and they actually replied to the ticket about being hacked within 30 minutes instead of the normal 5 days on my battlegroup. They also mailed all my toons all their gear\items\gold back within 2 hours. The only thing that took any longer to get back was an alt 80 that the hackers used a credit card they problem stole to xfer to another realm but blizz xfered him back after a week or two.

I got hacked back when AQ40 was just getting to farm status and maybe they didn't have the technology back then but all I got was 10 greens in the mail and a sorry letter. :lol

eosos

Banned
ARGHHH, I'm having issues with the Auction House. I'm trying to look for items and nothing comes up! I press search and it says "No items Found". Why is this??? If ANYONE has any answers please let me know! Here is a screen cap of the issue.
AH-1.jpg

Retro

eosos said:
Wait, when you post an item at the AH, is it only available at that specific one? Sorry, I'm pretty noob.

All of your faction Auction Houses are linked; Stormwind, IF, Exodar and Darnassus for the alliance and Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Undercity and Silvermoon for the horde.

There are also "Neutral" Auction Houses in Goblin Cities; Booty Bay, Gadgetzhan and I THINK Winterspring. Those specific Auction Houses are only linked to eachother.

Another reason you may not be finding anything is because in that screenshot, you have Weapons > One Hand Maces selected. Click Reset and try again.

J-Rzez

Retro said:
All of your faction Auction Houses are linked; Stormwind, IF, Exodar and Darnassus for the alliance and Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Undercity and Silvermoon for the horde.

There are also "Neutral" Auction Houses in Goblin Cities; Booty Bay, Gadgetzhan and I THINK Winterspring. Those specific Auction Houses are only linked to eachother.

Another reason you may not be finding anything is because in that screenshot, you have Weapons > One Hand Maces selected. Click Reset and try again.

Right. And for the most that I've seen, nobody uses the neutral AH's for anything other than quest items, or faction pets.

So torn on what goblin class to roll, down to sham and war at this point. I think sham would be more fun (also have both heirloom maces) but warrior is fun as well and for me offers the most challenge (tanking mostly).

firex

I'm doing goblin hunter for sure, but I've already got a shaman and warrior or else I'd probably make a goblin warrior.

Meier

I think the raid lock times should depend on how far you get in the dungeon. Killing 1 boss and then having the group fall apart but still having to wait for a week almost is really brutal... there's pretty much nothing to do in the game now it seems like and I've only been back a month. :lol

You should be able to latch onto other raids. Like, if you join someone else you are barred from getting loot for up to what you've killed. Of course, that would just make tanks' lives miserable, but hey.

notworksafe

Son of Godzilla said:
You should be able to latch onto other raids. Like, if you join someone else you are barred from getting loot for up to what you've killed. Of course, that would just make tanks' lives miserable, but hey.
Essentially that's the plan for Cata. You can join any raid as long as they have killed at least the same bosses you have.

firex

I hadn't heard about that, but I heard about being able to splinter off 25 man raids into 3 10 man raids if you want to keep going.

J-Rzez

Meier said:
I think the raid lock times should depend on how far you get in the dungeon. Killing 1 boss and then having the group fall apart but still having to wait for a week almost is really brutal... there's pretty much nothing to do in the game now it seems like and I've only been back a month. :lol

You just picked a bad time to come back. ICC is beat, RS is a joke, and there's literally nothing else to do beside level alts, get your professions up to speed, or make gold. Probably should have made your return a month before Cata.

Weenerz

Banned
Decided come Catacylsm, I will be rerolling on a completely new server. It will be Exodar US Horde side and I will be starting fresh, with the exception of the Undead DK I am leveling currently. So I can have at least a pool of gold to pull from.

Undead Hunter
Troll Druid
Orc Mage
Tauren Paladin
Goblin Priest
Orc Shaman
Tauren Warrior
Troll Warlock
Undead Rogue

Will be my class combos, I know I won't be hitting "end-game" for a few weeks longer since I will be level 1, but I really want to experience all the content that Blizzard is working on and whle I do enjoy raiding, I enjoy leveling much more.

If there are any Exodar US horde players on GAF, my name is Sofra.

firex said:
I'm doing goblin hunter for sure, but I've already got a shaman and warrior or else I'd probably make a goblin warrior.

The thing holding me back from warrior is I already have a decently geared 80 dk and I want to see how they tweak them for cata first, granted very different tanking styles but still not sure i want both and the dk is max bs/jc and I really don't want to level those again right away. If ever.

So, goblin sham it is I think, especially since I will have the two heirloom maces for him and they're making enh more viable early on now.

firex

enhance has always been pretty viable for leveling, especially because static shock is so deep in the tree that you don't have to use LS after you get water shield for a large part of leveling (and static shock is more of a group/raid talent anyway). But then again I guess heirlooms made it easier to level as elemental. I just know I did 1-70 in like patch 2.2 or 2.3 or something in TBC as enhance, and did 75-80 as enhance too.

ampere

Finally downed LK tonight on 10 man! We were so ecstatic! :D The cut-scene and everything was sooooo cool, I really enjoyed it as I have been wanting to kill that guy since the expansion came out :) It took us about 6 attempts tonight since we brought a new guildy in (a lot of no-shows) and he died on defile/plague a few times. Then we proceeded to struggle pathetically with Halion 10 but we got it after ~8 or so tries. That fight is so silly for the physical realm tank, I literally just sit there for a few minutes during the 75-50% phase and throw out an occasional battle-res if someone messes up.

We're Sacred Vow on Eredar, here's a screenshot :) I'm the druid "Plants", I was the OT for the fight. It's funny because my main is a resto shaman and now I have Kingslayer on my undergeared alt! :lol

2jb9r91.jpg

firex said:
enhance has always been pretty viable for leveling, especially because static shock is so deep in the tree that you don't have to use LS after you get water shield for a large part of leveling (and static shock is more of a group/raid talent anyway). But then again I guess heirlooms made it easier to level as elemental. I just know I did 1-70 in like patch 2.2 or 2.3 or something in TBC as enhance, and did 75-80 as enhance too.

Yup, just viable even earlier now as I'm sure you know.

Primal Strike (available at level 3): Primal Strike is a new weapon-based attack that every shaman will learn very early in the game. Our goal with this ability is to make leveling as Enhancement rather than as Elemental more viable, since many key Enhancement talents become available at fairly high levels.

Healing Wave (level 4): While the shaman already has an ability called Healing Wave, we're adding another spell to the class's direct-healing arsenal and giving it a familiar name. The current Healing Wave will be renamed Greater Healing Wave, and the intent is for the 'new" Healing Wave to be the shaman's go-to heal. Lesser Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave will be used on a more situational basis.

Edit for the above - congrats on the kill, sweet title.

ampere

firex said:
I leveled as enhancement 1-70 in patch ~2.0 and 70-80 in 3.0. I guess I had mana problems until I got shamanistic rage at 50, but then my downtime went almost to zero. Prior to that I had actually started leveling as resto (up to level 25 or so) and I was talking to a friend at school who explained why that wasn't very efficient (it was my first character :lol I was clueless about mmos). I might go ele for 80-85 because my resto gear is so good and reglyphing/respecing basically equates to really good ele gear. Though to be honest looking at some of the cataclysm greens I might be dumping my epics pretty fast :lol I remember arriving in Outland for the first time and replacing all of my gear instantly

firex

I think it's kind of funny that they're giving shamans Primal Strike, just because even though it makes sense I didn't expect it as a base ability and it won't change up enhance leveling that much. I dual spec enhance/resto on my shaman, although I might try elemental/resto depending upon how my gear gets converted for 4.0 (not sure how much MP5 will be turned into spirit and if it will be enough to go ele and not have to wear much hit gear). Having one set of gear and being able to set it up so all that swaps between specs is glyphs would be nice, but I just want to see if they actually follow through on making enhance better beyond a leveling spec first. Especially since I play an orc, so enhance is perfect for all the racials.

Also it really was a pain to keep mana up sometimes while leveling in tbc, but between shamanistic rage and absurd crit rate + shamanistic focus (and only really being able to do stormstrike + shocks anyway) I didn't have too many mana problems, and it just went away by the time I got water shield in outland. Right now I would say the big draw of enhance over elemental for solo is spirit wolves, because they make you pretty overpowered while they're up, and let me solo elites I probably wouldn't be able to solo as elemental, especially in combination with shamanistic rage.

I'm slightly concerned about how they don't seem to know what they want to do with shaman dispels. Seems like they are going back and forth between being able to cleanse diseases + curses, or just curses (with magic from talents), but being the least capable dispeller of all healers would suck. Although I hope this makes paladins in particular more or less required to cleanse poisons off people, regardless of spec (well ok, tank paladins can have some leeway if they get a stricter tank rotation or have to keep doing it for threat) so there will be another thing to yell at ret paladins for.

oh and congratulations on the kingslayer. I haven't even finished ulduar on either of my 80s (not that I will ever play my paladin again, because cataclysm doesn't look like it makes them any better).

Chris R

Compared to Vanilla, level a shaman as ANY spec was so much better :lol

I did 1-80 as pure enhance though, going from 2h heirloom to dw at 40. Super easy, never had problems either. I guess elemental would be a good leveling spec as well, but I've never liked playing elemental shamans (I already had an 80 mage too).

lordmrw

firex said:
oh and congratulations on the kingslayer. I haven't even finished ulduar on either of my 80s (not that I will ever play my paladin again, because cataclysm doesn't look like it makes them any better).

I never got to do Ulduar. At the time it came out the guild i was in had a mass exodus because of a stupid change to the loot rules; I was one of the ones who left. No other guilds were recruiting at the time and no one bothered to do Heroics on my server anymore so I made a DK like I always wanted to and leveled him up while Ulduar was the hot shit. I picked up my rogue again exactly when patch 3.2 hit. To this day I've only done half of Ulduar, guild I was in decided to do for fun and see how far we could get in about an hour. Reading about the Yogg Saron encounter and Algalon makes me want to do it just to say I have.

Wow, this is easily the most epic thing I've done in WoW.

Long night with this PUG (the second night with them), cycling through at least 20 or 30 bodies in RS10 Halion. Pretty much 8 hours.

With our last attempt before the server locked us out... WE FUCKIN DID IT. People stepped up their game and won.

Incredible. Here's some SS with the server countdown that was keeping everyone's Pro Hats on as the encounter raged onward:

nfGyh.jpg

5s5ir.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom