• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEABttn

Banned
Yeah I moved here for UNM as well, but I didn't get any scholarships or anything like that. Got in state tuition though my first year, so that was nice.

J-Rzez

Like I said in the other main discussion, this is terrible. /2 is disgusting enough as is. Now with these changes people will be flooding said chats with even more garbage, and you don't have big enough ignore lists to cope with it.

Rapstah

J-Rzez said:
Like I said in the other main discussion, this is terrible. /2 is disgusting enough as is. Now with these changes people will be flooding said chats with even more garbage, and you don't have big enough ignore lists to cope with it.
Good point, now every single post in the realm forums will move to trade chat. Times two for both factions. :(

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
That's why I moved /2 and /3 into their own chat tab. That way I can look at it only when I need to.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
That's why I moved /2 and /3 into their own chat tab. That way I can look at it only when I need to.

The only safe thing is guild chat anymore. Pst's are getting annoying with all the "Blizzords" telling you to go enter your info in a site so they can hack your account. General, Zone, Trade, LFM, WD, all have gone to shit.

Fularu said:

I agree with most of what you said, really we just differ on one point: how much content hard modes offer up. In terms of ICC, I just don't believe they offered much. Sure, Arthas is a drastically different fight than on normal, but it's the exception, most of the others are just hitting harder with maybe a new/modified ability thrown in.

It ends up being a pretty lame reason to effectively double the amount of time people have to be in ICC before Cata, over previous pre-expansion raids. I've also just never been a fan of the "Well if you haven't done zero lights/Tribute to Immortality/heroic LK you're not allowed to be bored of it yet" point of view.

McNei1y

Anyone looking to reroll one last toon before cata comes out? I just resubbed and I want to replay. I used to have some friends to level with but I don't for now and it sucks leveling alone. I'm Horde; Orc Shaman. Thinking of either Wildhammer (main server) or Frostwolf (friend server who has raf).

I'm looking to play for about an hour or two a day. If anyones interested let me know, maybe we could talk it out. Just boring to level alone (not grouping but its fun to compete with people around your level)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, i only have time to do 1 heroic on my mage, and that thread on the WoW forums about RealID have gotten 30 new pages.

People really are angry.

Flib

Sax Russel said:
I agree with most of what you said, really we just differ on one point: how much content hard modes offer up. In terms of ICC, I just don't believe they offered much. Sure, Arthas is a drastically different fight than on normal, but it's the exception, most of the others are just hitting harder with maybe a new/modified ability thrown in.

It ends up being a pretty lame reason to effectively double the amount of time people have to be in ICC before Cata, over previous pre-expansion raids. I've also just never been a fan of the "Well if you haven't done zero lights/Tribute to Immortality/heroic LK you're not allowed to be bored of it yet" point of view.

Yeah, definitely nothing as interesting as Firefighter, knock knock knock on wood...even heartbreaker.

I also liked having to trigger them through mechanics as opposed to a toggle.

Rapstah

McNei1y said:
Anyone looking to reroll one last toon before cata comes out? I just resubbed and I want to replay. I used to have some friends to level with but I don't for now and it sucks leveling alone. I'm Horde; Orc Shaman. Thinking of either Wildhammer (main server) or Frostwolf (friend server who has raf).

I'm looking to play for about an hour or two a day. If anyones interested let me know, maybe we could talk it out. Just boring to level alone (not grouping but its fun to compete with people around your level)
I'm in the same position and would love to play. Only problem is my account is EU and I have a feeling you're in the US. :(

The only real-life friend I had playing unsubscribed while the characters we were levelling together, non-RAF, were at level 38. I'm logged in for 20 minutes a day now trying to figure out what to do.

McNei1y

Rapstah said:
I'm in the same position and would love to play. Only problem is my account is EU and I have a feeling you're in the US. :(

The only real-life friend I had playing unsubscribed while the characters we were levelling together, non-RAF, were at level 38. I'm logged in for 20 minutes a day now trying to figure out what to do.

Damn! I am US : \.

That sucks. You were right in the middle of it. Such a waste. :lol

I've played by myself before but usually characters 60 and above. Leveling toons I have always done with friends. Kind of sucks actually. No competing or grouping together.

kai3345

Banned
How has Blizzard not been sued for false advertising yet? I mean they advertise that you pay for 30 days of game-time, yet 4 out of those 30 days are maintenance days where you can't play, at least for the better part of a day.

notworksafe

kai3345 said:
How has Blizzard not been sued for false advertising yet? I mean they advertise that you pay for 30 days of game-time, yet 4 out of those 30 days are maintenance days where you can't play, at least for the better part of a day.
They are pretty good at refunding people time when service times gets out of control.

FLEABttn

Banned
kai3345 said:

iirc it's in the EULA that there will be downtime.

Also, these are the days of unlimited* wireless internet.

*We verizon understand unlimited to mean 5 gigs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
kai3345 said:
It's more like a few hours, dude.

You're losing like 30 cents.

J-Rzez

The biggest issue I have with this is due to my career. As I've said before, I work in Law Enforcement. All officers and agents are "suggested" to not have anything on the net about yourself for reasons of lawyers searching for things to use against you in court (I know one trooper who had this happen very recently), or as a way for people to be able to find any form of personal info on you to extract various forms/levels of revenge against you.

Now I'm not going to even be able to post for contests, or if I would feel like taking part in a conversation with a developer during their threads where you talk with them (when I find out about them from people talking in game/guild mates).

This is terrible the more and more I think about it. I don't have a facebook, twitter, myspace for this reason alone. Now there's another avenue people may look at.

Also, regarding Blizzard's security:

Security flaw allows addons to expose full real life names without user permission
by Adam Holisky on Jul 6th 2010 (3 hours ago)

There is a flaw in the design of the Real ID system which, (as we understand it) thanks to you being an automatic Real ID friend of yourself, allows any addon to expose your real life name to anything or everyone; even if you have not marked those people as a Real ID friend.

We're hopeful that Blizzard corrects this design issue soon. From what we can tell, this has not yet been fixed.

In the mean time, we strongly encourage users to make sure only trusted addons are installed. Take a few minutes and be doubly sure that only those addons you need and know where they come from are running.

Good show Blizzard, who knows how much info people will be able to hack from your account when this goes live.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
The biggest issue I have with this is due to my career. As I've said before, I work in Law Enforcement. All officers and agents are "suggested" to not have anything on the net about yourself for reasons of lawyers searching for things to use against you in court (I know one trooper who had this happen very recently), or as a way for people to be able to find any form of personal info on you to extract various forms/levels of revenge against you.

Now I'm not going to even be able to post for contests, or if I would feel like taking part in a conversation with a developer during their threads where you talk with them (when I find out about them from people talking in game/guild mates).

This is terrible the more and more I think about it. I don't have a facebook, twitter, myspace for this reason alone. Now there's another avenue people may look at.

Also, regarding Blizzard's security:

Good show Blizzard, who knows how much info people will be able to hack from your account when this goes live.
caruso.gif

Alex

I've never left trade or general on, ever. :lol First thing I do is turn that stuff off. Too much for me.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:

I tend to act like an infusion of only the best LE characters on TV. Horatio Caine, Vic Mackey, and various Steven Seagal characters. So far, so good.

On a slightly more serious note than that:

This maybe the thing to finally seal the fate of me playing this game. Here I thought it would be; Lack of content, recycled art, recycled instances/raids, Druids... Consider me surprised. I can't use Facebook for my family relations, and now I can't play games neither. WTF...

J-Rzez

Xabora said:
Just dont post on the WoW Forums (Why would you want to anyways?) and plop parental control to enabled on your battle.net account.
It would prevent that info from getting out.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=10001&sid=1
As of right now there is a 474 page thread of displeasure about it.
They may in the end backpedal on their decision.

If they backpedaled that would mean they actually even remotely cared about their community. I'd highly doubt it will be their "users" that will make them change this. Rather, I believe things will run deeper, like my situation, which will force their hand to change it. And they can have all the legal jargon they want, someone will find a way to get a case against them when something happens to the wrong person.

I posted on those forums for contests. Now, I won't be able to do such a thing anymore, effectively snuffing out my chances to win anything.

Cipherr

I don't really post anywhere but EJ and here. These two forums are much better than the Wow forums. So its not enough to get me to cancel my account at all. But I do have to be honest. Its a bad idea.

ampere

Alex said:
I've never left trade or general on, ever. :lol First thing I do is turn that stuff off. Too much for me.
Yeah, same thing for me.
/leave trade
/leave general
General is only bad during raids really, someone will start some conversation on it and all of a sudden it's hard for me to read raid chat. Only time I'm ever in trade is for pugging vault or the weekly.

Fularu

Banned
Sax Russel said:
I've also just never been a fan of the "Well if you haven't done zero lights/Tribute to Immortality/heroic LK you're not allowed to be bored of it yet" point of view.
You can be bored, no problems, you're just in no position to complain that the content to beat isn't there. That's the whole thing

And lets be honest, 0 light is nothing like 4 lights :p

Edit : well "was", now it doesn't mean much. I should do it on my warrior one day

McNei1y

What would someone recommend about rerolling. I am by myself. I can either reroll a new guy to catch up to two guys on Frostwolf. I decided I'd start to play with them but they have RAF and have like 60s they are playing so it's like I won't really be playing with them until RAF is up and/or I get a DK up. That avoids the point though, I want to level to do the content one last time. OR I could play on my main server where I have all my money but really nothing to play for when I reach a high level. :lol Plus I want to level an Orc Shaman but I already have a 70 Troll Shaman :lol Maybe I'll go hunter.

A pretty simple problem but it seems to suck when you don't have anyone to play with. Anyone rerolling?

McNei1y said:
What would someone recommend about rerolling. I am by myself. I can either reroll a new guy to catch up to two guys on Frostwolf. I decided I'd start to play with them but they have RAF and have like 60s they are playing so it's like I won't really be playing with them until RAF is up and/or I get a DK up. That avoids the point though, I want to level to do the content one last time. OR I could play on my main server where I have all my money but really nothing to play for when I reach a high level. :lol

A pretty simple problem but it seems to suck when you don't have anyone to play with. Anyone rerolling?

I know what you're saying, I have a couple friends on my main server but they're hardcore horde (so was I in the past but now I don't care) and have been playing in established guilds where I have fallen behind, the ugly occurrence that happens when you stop playing this game. They want me to come back but I'm not sure I want to go that route anymore.

Long story short I think a few of us are in similar positions and could maybe make something happen? Fun to talk about at the very least :lol This is my last hurrah with this game and while I never expect to recapture the fun that that I had in vanilla I would like to at least not have to do everything solo.

McNei1y

zero margin said:
I know what you're saying, I have a couple friends on my main server but they're hardcore horde (so was I in the past but now I don't care) and have been playing in established guilds where I have fallen behind, the ugly occurrence that happens when you stop playing this game. They want me to come back but I'm not sure I want to go that route anymore.

Long story short I think a few of us are in similar positions and could maybe make something happen? Fun to talk about at the very least :lol This is my last hurrah with this game and while I never expect to recapture the fun that that I had in vanilla I would like to at least not have to do everything solo.

Exactly. I was "hardcore" in Vanilla and have slowly declined since BC. I had about 6 friends to play with then and slowly they dropped off one by one. Now its basically just me but I still have fun with hopping in to pvp and experience the raids but nothing long term. I am really interested in rerolling because that's whats interesting me right now. I will probably reroll once more when the new content comes out but I think I'm steadily getting away from wow. If your interested let me know.

J-Rzez

Vizionblind said:

Man, I can't believe how fast that thread has been moving. And think about it, even Blizzard said a very-very small part of their players actually post on the forums. Imagine if and when the majority of their fanbase finds out about this.

I'm convinced now that they're trying to hurt WoW on purpose. It's like they're tired of it and want it to die.

Who is calling these shots? Who there believes this is a great idea? It's going to:

1. Allow females to get harassed/stalked non-stop
2. Allow minorities, or people of other races from your own, get trolled to hell, or even ignored.
3. Allow people to grief far more people, and not just in-game anymore.
4. Allow others to track you and your actions (employers, judges, authorities, etc) and hold you accountable to them. People had their "Facebook" come back and bite them, this will be another avenue.
5. Allow hackers to have a field day with people's accounts.

I can't believe Blizzard is going against their primary notion of "privacy/security is the first rule". I'm actually disgusted that they're selling out their user-base. Such an arrogant/ignorant developer who has gotten too big for their own good. This goes live, this can become their "jedi's for everyone!". It was a fun game while it lasted.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:
Man, I can't believe how fast that thread has been moving. And think about it, even Blizzard said a very-very small part of their players actually post on the forums. Imagine if and when the majority of their fanbase finds out about this.

I'm convinced now that they're trying to hurt WoW on purpose. It's like they're tired of it and want it to die.

Who is calling these shots? Who there believes this is a great idea? It's going to:

1. Allow females to get harassed/stalked non-stop
2. Allow minorities, or people of other races from your own, get trolled to hell, or even ignored.
3. Allow people to grief far more people, and not just in-game anymore.
4. Allow others to track you and your actions (employers, judges, authorities, etc) and hold you accountable to them. People had their "Facebook" come back and bite them, this will be another avenue.
5. Allow hackers to have a field day with people's accounts.

I can't believe Blizzard is going against their primary notion of "privacy/security is the first rule". I'm actually disgusted that they're selling out their user-base. Such an arrogant/ignorant developer who has gotten too big for their own good. This goes live, this can become their "jedi's for everyone!". It was a fun game while it lasted.
There are MVPs that are saying they will stop posting in entirety if this goes through.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25712374700&postId=256237654645&sid=1#15404

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i can see how it would be a bad idea, but also a good idea.

bad idea: personal info is out there.

good idea: chances are that personal info is ALREADY out there. so its actually not a big deal. but it will make people on wow forums actually care what they write and not be involved in flamefests as frequently if they care about keeping their name clean

Acidote

davepoobond said:

good idea: chances are that personal info is ALREADY out there. so its actually not a big deal. but it will make people on wow forums actually care what they write and not be involved in flamefests as frequently if they care about keeping their name clean

It's not about "keeping your name clean" on the forum. It's about not wanting my employeer to do a google search with my name and see me posting on a game forum (or any of my hobbys forum). I don't even add coworkers to skype or facebook (with privacy settings properly set).

J-Rzez

Xabora said:
There are MVPs that are saying they will stop posting in entirety if this goes through.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25712374700&postId=256237654645&sid=1#15404

I'd believe it when I see them cancel.

davepoobond said:

Personal info is out there, unfortunately. But, this will give the crazies in WoW an opportunity to grief you in real life. Won that item over them? Kick them from a group? Don't choose them for a raid? Tell them to stfu in trade? Undercut them on the AH? Have better gear than them? Beat them in a duel? Gank them? These are just some of the reasons for which will set people off and get them to get even crazier and try to grief your real life. People in WoW are nuts, some of the craziest-obsessive people I have ever met. People whored themselves in real life for 5,000g for epic flying.

Now people can target you specifically for any of those reasons and more, like your gender, race, etc.

The way to solve this? Get some real moderators for a game so successful it's needed. Make people choose their "main" to post as, with a quick link to all their other characters on their account like I suggested before. Case closed.

This is just a step towards them contracting out your personal information in a monetary contract that we don't know about yet. Why else would they go against their golden rule of "privacy is king and number 1"?

On a side note

Has any major media sites picked up on this and expressed concerns?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Acidote said:
It's not about "keeping your name clean" on the forum. It's about not wanting my employeer to do a google search with my name and see me posting on a game forum (or any of my hobbys forum). I don't even add coworkers to skype or facebook (with privacy settings properly set).

then dont post. thats why you dont have coworkers on skype or facebook, this is no different. find alternate methods if you dont agree with their rules, its just like any other site.

and its not just for the forum's sake of keeping your name clean -- it would be for anyone who searches your name and "oh we found out you're a racist who posts on world of warcraft forums"

J-Rzez said:
I'd believe it when I see them cancel.

Personal info is out there, unfortunately. But, this will give the crazies in WoW an opportunity to grief you in real life. Won that item over them? Kick them from a group? Don't choose them for a raid? Tell them to stfu in trade? Undercut them on the AH? Have better gear than them? Beat them in a duel? Gank them? These are just some of the reasons for which will set people off and get them to get even crazier and try to grief your real life. People in WoW are nuts, some of the craziest-obsessive people I have ever met. People whored themselves in real life for 5,000g for epic flying.

Now people can target you specifically for any of those reasons and more, like your gender, race, etc.

The way to solve this? Get some real moderators for a game so successful it's needed. Make people choose their "main" to post as, with a quick link to all their other characters on their account like I suggested before. Case closed.

This is just a step towards them contracting out your personal information in a monetary contract that we don't know about yet. Why else would they go against their golden rule of "privacy is king and number 1"?

On a side note

Has any major media sites picked up on this and expressed concerns?

i dont see how that would be so much of an issue considering i don't believe you are required to link any toons to your profile, but i suppose that remains to be seen. Yes, all those concerns are what they are -- concerns. But I don't see how its anymore dangerous than cutting someone off on the freeway who jots down your car license plate number, finds you at home and voices their concern about how they didnt like that and then beat you to death.

if it becomes harassment, that's what laws and /ignore is for.

the simple way to solve any of that is to simply not post. If Blizzard cares about keeping forums full of people, then they'll change certain settings to make it not so apparent "WHO" you are in the game. If they don't, then thats their prerogative and anyone who posts on forums using their real name is taking that chance.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I guess Canadians that have a problem with it can lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner. I know MySpace was required to change how they operated in Canada because of how they handled privacy. Not sure if there's a similar legislative body in the US that Ameri-GAF can get in touch with.

http://www.priv.gc.ca/index_e.cfm

I wouldn't post on the WoW forums if my life depended on it, but I still think it's a boneheaded decision on Blizzard's part.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
davepoobond said:
i dont see how that would be so much of an issue considering i don't believe you are required to link any toons to your profile, but i suppose that remains to be seen. Yes, all those concerns are what they are -- concerns. But I don't see how its anymore dangerous than cutting someone off on the freeway who jots down your car license plate number, finds you at home and voices their concern about how they didnt like that and then beat you to death.
The biggest difference is that from when a post is made, it carries my full legal name forever with no way of removing it. You might cut someone off on accident but you are aware of them and they are aware of you. If something happens and you dog is poisoned the police will ask if there is anyone that you think might have done this. You can respond "There was this crazy dude in a Ford F-350 that was yelling that he'd kill me last week." With your real name on the forums forever, you dont know if you set someone off with an offhand comment 6 months or 6 years earlier. You have no clue who the person harassing you would be since they have your info and you have absolutely dick because you posted with divulging your full name and they just read your post.

edit: not to mention stalkers or my ex that said hed kill me if he couldnt have me that took me 5 years to shake or pranksters doing shit for the lulz or whatever the fuck. Who gives a shit? i dont want my name out there.

devilhawk

Haven't played in ages but I've seen this news spread throughout my gaming sites.

If bettering the official forum community is the goal, why don't they take a logical first step and just tie the account to each post. Meaning I can see their main despite them posting on a level whatever alt. Obviously personal information could be kept private that way. That would make those with secret alts mad however.

Another option would be to force all forum posts to be from their character with the most /played. Or maybe allow people to see all max level character that account has.

Though those options are not that great, anything would be better than this ID stuff. Glad it isn't retroactive, though I doubt they even retain posts from ~05.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
devilhawk said:
Haven't played in ages but I've seen this news spread throughout my gaming sites.

If bettering the official forum community is the goal, why don't they take a logical first step and just tie the account to each post. Meaning I can see their main despite them posting on a level whatever alt. Obviously personal information could be kept private that way. That would make those with secret alts mad however.

Another option would be to force all forum posts to be from their character with the most /played. Or maybe allow people to see all max level character that account has.

Though those options are not that great, anything would be better than this ID stuff. Glad it isn't retroactive, though I doubt they even retain posts from ~05.
Even if somehow having names got rid of trolls (it doesnt, see Facebook) what exactly is Blizzard suggesting? That someone go find the trolls house and murder them? That threats of physical violence will somehow keep people in line? :lol

What happens when your account gets hacked (it will eventually) and for the time the gold seller has you account they spout off a bunch of racist or homophobic shit thats tied to your legal name and its from then on logged into Google forever? Good luck getting that job when the person looking at your application comes across the spree that some scammer from Mmowned did while using your name to call a bunch of people n^ggers, f^gs, and k^kes.

glaurung

I cannot understand the reasoning behind forcing real name in the forums. Basically they are murdering their own lively forums and all people will move to another forum.

devilhawk

water_wendi said:
Even if somehow having names got rid of trolls (it doesnt, see Facebook) what exactly is Blizzard suggesting? That someone go find the trolls house and murder them? That threats of physical violence will somehow keep people in line? :lol

What happens when your account gets hacked (it will eventually) and for the time the gold seller has you account they spout off a bunch of racist or homophobic shit thats tied to your legal name and its from then on logged into Google forever? Good luck getting that job when the person looking at your application comes across the spree that some scammer from Mmowned did while using your name to call a bunch of people n^ggers, f^gs, and k^kes.
That's a good point. Back in my day everyone shared their account login with their friends as it was the only way to rank up in pvp. No one ever got hacked either. Of my friends that still play, I believe all of them have been hacked at one point or another. Using real names would seem to make the ramifications of an inevitable hacking worse.

I don't post on the WoW forums. My concern is mostly if my account gets hacked. If they went and posted on the WoW forums it would be under my real name.

I don't want my name being associated with offensive, racist or potentially illegal posts.

Yes i have an authenticator but that isn't fool proof.

I'm not saying im really worried but im not really happy about the change.

I also think there are other ways of dealing with trolling like moderating the forums. Blizzard should have moderators who give harsh penalties for people who blatantly troll.

Rapstah

I picked up a Full HD 24" screen the other day and played WoW the first time on it five minutes ago. It's pretty cool. So much room to put stuff in...

Paranoia is running a little high I think, I ask for strangers names, phone numbers, etc all day long over the phone and rarely do I get a refusal. People aren't going to come knocking on your door because you undercut someone on the AH.

Fularu

Banned
zero margin said:
Paranoia is running a little high I think, I ask for strangers names, phone numbers, etc all day long over the phone and rarely do I get a refusal. People aren't going to come knocking on your door because you undercut someone on the AH.
HOW DARE YOU UNDERCUT ME!

Meier

devilhawk said:
That's a good point. Back in my day everyone shared their account login with their friends as it was the only way to rank up in pvp. No one ever got hacked either. Of my friends that still play, I believe all of them have been hacked at one point or another. Using real names would seem to make the ramifications of an inevitable hacking worse.
This is actually a good point that I hadn't considered. What I'm curious about is how so many people get hacked. How is it even possible? Is there something I need to worry about in-game that can cause it? I haven't used the authenticator because it seems like it'd kinf ob e a pain in the ass.. why is it absolutely necessary?

Fularu

Banned
Meier said:
This is actually a good point that I hadn't considered. What I'm curious about is how so many people get hacked. How is it even possible? Is there something I need to worry about in-game that can cause it? I haven't used the authenticator because it seems like it'd kinf ob e a pain in the ass.. why is it absolutely necessary?
The authenticator is only a pain in the ass if you always disconnect, but then your connection itself is already a pain in the ass.

People get hacked because their security is often compromised and they don't realise it. An authenticator helps as in, it's almost fully protecting your account. Also they are free if you have an iphone, 1$ if you have a different phone or 6$ if you buy the physical version. they are cheap and secure, you really should get one.

Meier

Fularu said:
The authenticator is only a pain in the ass if you always disconnect, but then your connection itself is already a pain in the ass.

People get hacked because their security is often compromised and they don't realise it. An authenticator helps as in, it's almost fully protecting your account. Also they are free if you have an iphone, 1$ if you have a different phone or 6$ if you buy the physical version. they are cheap and secure, you really should get one.
Again, how are people even getting hacked in the first place though? How is it so prevalent? If you only play from your house, how is some random (usually foreign) hacker getting into people's accounts? Is there something that you need to worry about in the game?

I do have an iPhone so I suppose I should get it.

Eric WK

Meier said:
Again, how are people even getting hacked in the first place though? How is it so prevalent? If you only play from your house, how is some random (usually foreign) hacker getting into people's accounts? Is there something that you need to worry about in the game?

I do have an iPhone so I suppose I should get it.

I can't remember doing anything that could possibly compromise my account, was inactive for months, and somehow I was hacked at an indeterminate time earlier this year. Fortunately they didn't take anything and just began using the account or sold it to someone. I just got it back and added the iPhone/iPod authenticator. Absolutely no reason not to do so.

It's a far smaller pain in the ass than getting hacked and having to go through that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom