• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found a guild. v_v

Fuck the world out of my irl old-guildies who begged me to come back and play only to quit before hitting 80.

notworksafe

Meier said:
Again, how are people even getting hacked in the first place though? How is it so prevalent? If you only play from your house, how is some random (usually foreign) hacker getting into people's accounts? Is there something that you need to worry about in the game?

I do have an iPhone so I suppose I should get it.
Most recently, there has been an exploit with an older version of Flash that has allowed code to be put onto a computer without you know...most often a keylogger. Make sure you have Flash 10.1 as that is the most recent version.

Hixx

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25626290449&sid=1

Pretty huge talent tree overhauls for everyone. I like! The trees atm are probably too big and require more thought than should be necessary. So many of the talents are dull and shit so instead of slightly more interesting filler they're just gonna trim the shit talents. Much better idea imo.

edit:

The initial talent tree selection unlocks active abilities that are core to the chosen role. Our goal is to choose abilities that let the specializations come into their own much earlier than was possible when a specialization-defining talent had to be buried deep enough that other talent trees couldn’t access them. For example, having Lava Lash and Dual-Wield right away lets an Enhancement shaman feel like an Enhancement shaman. Other role-defining examples of abilities players can now get for free at level 10 include Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Shield Slam, Mutilate, Shadow Step, Thunderstorm, Earth Shield, Water Elemental, and Penance.

Oh god yes. Levelling alts is going to be fucking amazing in Cata.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
HixxSAFC said:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25626290449&sid=1

Pretty huge talent tree overhauls for everyone. I like! The trees atm are probably too big and require more thought than should be necessary. So many of the talents are dull and shit so instead of slightly more interesting filler they're just gonna trim the shit talents. Much better idea imo.

But...but... i like wasting 5 talent points so my spells use 5% less mana!

Yeah, those talents fucking sucks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm trying to give a shit about your expansion Blizzard. I'm trying. It's not really working.

J-Rzez

Blizzard is really, really changing things with this 5-level expansion. Some instantly for better, others questionable, and others downright terrible, we'll have to see how this pans out. They have to be really careful here though as if they slip up this time around can have a massive impact of their userbase considering for the first time in a LONG time, if ever, they're going to have some heavy hitting competition in the market.

It's too soon, but my early gut feeling is this will be the beginning of the end of WoW's reign. They're bothering the hardcores, and making changes that are going to affect casuals concerns.

This talent tree fiasco is going to really bother some people who like doing real hybrid specs, as they'll be forced to almost max out one tree in order to dabble in another. This could really take out much of the depth that many enjoyed with the game.

Evlar

Banned
Shield Slam at level 10 holy shit

EDIT: And Penance holy shit holy shit

The number of Disc priests is going to skyrocket...

Flib

J-Rzez said:
Blizzard is really, really changing things with this 5-level expansion. Some instantly for better, others questionable, and others downright terrible, we'll have to see how this pans out. They have to be really careful here though as if they slip up this time around can have a massive impact of their userbase considering for the first time in a LONG time, if ever, they're going to have some heavy hitting competition in the market.

It's too soon, but my early gut feeling is this will be the beginning of the end of WoW's reign. They're bothering the hardcores, and making changes that are going to affect casuals concerns.

This talent tree fiasco is going to really bother some people who like doing real hybrid specs, as they'll be forced to almost max out one tree in order to dabble in another. This could really take out much of the depth that many enjoyed with the game.

I have a feeling that restriction may not last.

JesseZao

J-Rzez said:

I thought that too, but they will be different trees, so who knows if there would be a unobtainable hybrid that people wish they could spec, or maybe that's the point as classes will be easier to balance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The concept of "you must max out X tree and then you get 11 more points" is ridiculous, especially coming off of Wrath, when you had a lot of options, since I can already foresee a world in which speccing any specific tree will almost mandatorily require a specific cookie cutter spec.

"We want to focus the talent trees towards your chosen style of gameplay right away. That first point you spend in a tree should be very meaningful. If you choose Enhancement, we want you to feel like an Enhancement shaman right away, not thirty talent points later."

Fucking amen.

Flib

Not if they make the talents interesting enough though. If the talents are unique enough, you could see more catering to different playstyles and needs (say, for healer, if you had a ton of situational/proc talents, you could cater it depending on what your raid needs).

Weenerz

Banned
Evlar said:
Shield Slam at level 10 holy shit

EDIT: And Penance holy shit holy shit

The number of Disc priests is going to skyrocket...

Definitely one way to boost the amount of healers and tanks in the lower levels.

Angry Grimace

Flib said:
Not if they make the talents interesting enough though. If the talents are unique enough, you could see more catering to different playstyles and needs (say, for healer, if you had a ton of situational/proc talents, you could cater it depending on what your raid needs).
We have 5 years of history that says Blizzard has no clue how to do that.

DarkJC said:
I'll be happy when Cataclysm hits and 10M raiding is just as viable as 25. I just prefer the feel of a 10 man more, especially if they're all people you're friends with.
This a hundred times over. It's next to impossible to have 25 really good friends on WoW, all the right classes to go into a 25m. 10m, on the other hand, is totally doable and it's gonna be a lot of fun knowing that you can just raid with your buds and not get lesser loot for not stepping foot in the 25mans. There is going to be a tremendous upsurge of new guilds when Cata hits. But at the same time, I like being in the bigger guilds simply because there is usually always people on to socialize with. I could see it totally being viable to have a large guild that does 3-4 10man groups each week, and only does the 25m stuff on off-nights if people are interested. Can't wait :D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Angry Grimace said:
The concept of "you must max out X tree and then you get 11 more points" is ridiculous, especially coming off of Wrath, when you had a lot of options, since I can already foresee a world in which speccing any specific tree will almost mandatorily require a specific cookie cutter spec.
The need for late game talents pretty much required you to go down one tree anyways. Wrath doesn't really have that many options.

Warlocks in particular are stuck in a "go Destruction or go home". These specs had some minor variations that would be described as subtle at best.

firex

They're doing this so you can pick a role but not spend 1 talent point in each tree and get shield slam, MS, bloodthirst all at once. I'll wait and see how they actually overhaul talents first, but at least it sounds a lot different.

Dance In My Blood said:
The need for late game talents pretty much required you to go down one tree anyways. Wrath doesn't really have that many options.

Warlocks in particular are stuck in a "go Destruction or go home". These specs had some minor variations that would be described as subtle at best.
wait what? I'm probably misunderstanding your post. Are you saying that the only viable spec is destruction or that no matter what what spec you are, you always have to go 15 deep in the destruction tree to pick up the 100% crit bonus of your destruction spells? If it's the latter then I agree, but if it's the former, I disagree completely.

Angry Grimace

I dunno. I guess I just don't like the idea of this stacked on top of what WoW already has.

Dance In My Blood said:
Think whatever you want, but the number of destruction warlocks dwarfs the competition.
http://www.wowpopular.com/Talents/Warlock
This is probably more of a result of Destruction being the easier spec to play, or at least it's easier in my opinion. There's not nearly as much stuff to keep track of, and the spell rotation remains the same all the way through a boss-fight, unlike Affliction and Demonology.

Shadowfury and Conflagerate are also extremely fun to use, for pve or pvp.

Angry Grimace

I also don't like the idea that leveling alts is what this expansion is about; I already have 5 max-level alts.

Deputy Moonman said:
This is probably more of a result of Destruction being the easier spec to play, or at least it's easier in my opinion. There's not nearly as much stuff to keep track of, and the spell rotation remains the same all the way through a boss-fight, unlike Affliction and Demonology.

Shadowfury and Conflagerate are also extremely fun to use, for pve or pvp.

You mean sort of like how Fire Mage does equally as much damage as Arcane, but requires more effort and skill, so naturally everyone specs Arcane? :lol

PatzCU

I think the new talent builds are going to be a good thing. I especially like the fact that they are trying to do away with PvP specs. It's so annoying for me to have to use one of my specs on PvP and one on PvE. I can't have a Holy and Prot pally, it has to be a Holy PvE and Holy PvP pally.

As for the mandatory 31 point talents in a given tree. Everyone take a second and think about their build. How many of you have 50% of your points in one tree and 50% of your points in another? I would wager 99% of lvl 80's already have the equivalent of 31 points in a specific tree. Otherwise your spec is watered down and useless. The people with wishy-washy trees are the protection spec assholes running around in BGs and Arenas with two healers. If you want to be competitive in a PvE setting, you are putting the majority of your points into one of the three trees.

Giving players their '5% less mana' and '5% more damage' talents through the mastery stat will make gear collecting more fun which is one of the primary goals in WoW. Let's be honest, Blizzard needed to do something with the talent trees. Everyone was looking at the alpha trees and scratching their heads at the fact that they could purchase every point in a given tree and still have points left over. What is the fun in that?

The only thing that concerns me about the new change is giving low level players their mega talents right from the get go. This kind of does away with their 'carrot on a stick' model. I could see people getting bored of being relatively the same power all throughout leveling.

We'll have to see these talent trees before passing judgement I suppose. Just get that fucking RealID shit out of here.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
I'm trying to give a shit about your expansion Blizzard. I'm trying. It's not really working.

I agree wholeheartedly. For every good change they have made, they eclipse it with some truly idiotic changes.

This maybe it folks. We may finally see the fall of an empire in the works here. I said it before here and was laughed at, but I knew Activision would have some form of impact on Blizzard. I've seen it happening little by little, and now it just got real and blew up. The death of Infinity Ward goes to show that Activision just doesn't care. They're going to run Blizzard into the ground, the strongest ally PC-gamers had with them for years.

Angry Grimace

PatzCU said:
I think the new talent builds are going to be a good thing. I especially like the fact that they are trying to do away with PvP specs. It's so annoying for me to have to use one of my specs on PvP and one on PvE. I can't have a Holy and Prot pally, it has to be a Holy PvE and Holy PvP pally.

As for the mandatory 31 point talents in a given tree. Everyone take a second and think about their build. How many of you have 50% of your points in one tree and 50% of your points in another? I would wager 99% of lvl 80's already have the equivalent of 31 points in a specific tree. Otherwise your spec is watered down and useless. The people with wishy-washy trees are the protection spec assholes running around in BGs and Arenas with two healers. If you want to be competitive in a PvE setting, you are putting the majority of your points into one of the three trees.

Giving players their '5% less mana' and '5% more damage' talents through the mastery stat will make gear collecting more fun which is one of the primary goals in WoW. Let's be honest, Blizzard needed to do something with the talent trees. Everyone was looking at the alpha trees and scratching their heads at the fact that they could purchase every point in a given tree and still have points left over. What is the fun in that?

The only thing that concerns me about the new change is giving low level players their mega talents right from the get go. This kind of does away with their 'carrot on a stick' model. I could see people getting bored of being relatively the same power all throughout leveling.

We'll have to see these talent trees before passing judgement I suppose. Just get that fucking RealID shit out of here.
The talents you are working for will probably be those proc abilities that really ramp up your power levels. i.e. Fire Mage isn't particularly awesome until you have Hot Streak + enough crit to make it useful (although I leveled 1-50 with Fire).

Frost DK is another example; even if you had Frost Strike and Oblit at level 10 (yes I know you can't have a lvl 10 DK), Killing Machine, Rime and Howling Blast ramp up your power much faster.

J-Rzez said:
I agree wholeheartedly. For every good change they have made, they eclipse it with some truly idiotic changes.

This maybe it folks. We may finally see the fall of an empire in the works here. I said it before here and was laughed at, but I knew Activision would have some form of impact on Blizzard. I've seen it happening little by little, and now it just got real and blew up. The death of Infinity Ward goes to show that Activision just doesn't care. They're going to run Blizzard into the ground, the strongest ally PC-gamers had with them for years.
It just feels like Blizzard wants to retool the whole game, but it doesn't make a lot of sense on top of WoW as-is; just make World of Starcraft in that case.

I guess I just think Blizzard is investing in the wrong areas. It seems like they're almost assuming it's going to somehow increase it's userbase by retooling old content and the leveling process, when in reality, most people are already tired of that.

vilmer_ said:
To my fellow Mage brothers and sisters, I'm in a bit of a dilemma on what to do next with my frosts. To start off, my armory is HERE. I'm not sure whether to pick up Bloodmage Hood, Circle of Ossus, Meteor Chaser's Raiment, or Gloves of False Gestures. I'm thinking I need a little more haste, so I was leaning towards the gloves, however the stats on the chest look sumptuous. Any advice from experienced magez?

Why would you pick an item that would break your 4pt10 o_O

I roll with my MCR, but I believe the most efficient use of t10 gear is to leave the legs open for Woven Death.

In your situation I would buy the belt, even though a better one drops from uh... fester or something. I don't remember.

Edit: Actually scratch that, maybe the hood is better. I need to check my spreadsheets and get back to you.

Edit2: You're way hit capped. The hood is almost assuredly better.

vilmer_

RiskyChris said:
Why would you pick an item that would break your 4pt10 o_O

I roll with my MCR, but I believe the most efficient use of t10 gear is to leave the legs open for Woven Death.

In your situation I would buy the belt, even though a better one drops from uh... fester or something. I don't remember.

Edit: Actually scratch that, maybe the hood is better. I need to check my spreadsheets and get back to you.

Awesome, thanks Chris :D

- Ok sweet, I'll go for the hood!

firex

Angry Grimace said:
I guess I just think Blizzard is investing in the wrong areas. It seems like they're almost assuming it's going to somehow increase it's userbase by retooling old content and the leveling process, when in reality, most people are already tired of that.
That's just your assumption. Plus, "people are tired of leveling in the old world" and Blizzard redoing the old world seems like a solution.

notworksafe

I'm so jealous of classes that have good T10 bonuses. Prot Paladin 4pc is just useless and that's quite a bummer.

EDIT: Also releveling a Shaman in Cata is looking more and more awesome to me. Going Goblin, of course. Most likely Enh/Resto.

vilmer_

RiskyChris said:
Yea I'm pretty sure trading a worthless stat for something else will net you a better dps gain :lol

The additional crit will definitely help. If I remember correctly, the hit cap is 289, so that's definitely way over.

Retro

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... as if 9.5 million subscribers suddenly cried out in terror...

Appropriate, since the reaction to this news across the various gaming sites is approaching NGE-level insanity. Let's see if we can get angry protests in Dalaran before we make that official though.

Also, I dropped the 10m figure because I'm feeling generous about the other .5 million subscribers actually having the intelligence to understand that this change is a good thing, and two expansions late. Simplification of the talent trees is a good thing, and they were too long and too bloated.

The only part about this announcement I dislike is that you're locked into a spec until you dump 31 points into it. While I understand they don't want players grabbing all of the "Specialization-unlocked" abilities by dropping one point in each tree, I think just having players pick a specific tree should be enough. At the very least, drop the point requirement to 10 or 15... creativity and customization is a good thing... or else just fucking make 30 different classes already.

Actually, that's about where they're headed. Consider each of the 10 classes your "archetype", then when you reach level 10, you Sub-class. For example, Paladins reach level 10 and become Inquisitor (Holy), Templar (Prot) or Crusader (Ret)... Obviously it won't work that way, but... that 31 point restriction kind of paints you into a corner, doesn't it?

Overall, many years late, but the changes are good.... too bad the WoW community is too fucking stupid to understand it, ay?

Evlar

Banned
The only thing I wish they would do to supplement this change is make talent re-specs free (at the trainer) until level 20.

notworksafe

Evlar said:
The only thing I wish they would do to supplement this change is make talent re-specs free (at the trainer) until level 20.
Yes please! DK's get unlimited free respecs until they leave their zone. Everyone should get that!

firex

I'll seriously level a rogue up in 4.0 before Cataclysm actually comes out, since now I can do what I always wanted and level assassination spec.

Angry Grimace

Retro said:
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... as if 9.5 million subscribers suddenly cried out in terror...

Appropriate, since the reaction to this news across the various gaming sites is approaching NGE-level insanity. Let's see if we can get angry protests in Dalaran before we make that official though.

Also, I dropped the 10m figure because I'm feeling generous about the other .5 million subscribers actually having the intelligence to understand that this change is a good thing, and two expansions late. Simplification of the talent trees is a good thing, and they were too long and too bloated.

The only part about this announcement I dislike is that you're locked into a spec until you dump 31 points into it. While I understand they don't want players grabbing all of the "Specialization-unlocked" abilities by dropping one point in each tree, I think just having players pick a specific tree should be enough. At the very least, drop the point requirement to 10 or 15... creativity and customization is a good thing... or else just fucking make 30 different classes already.

Actually, that's about where they're headed. Consider each of the 10 classes your "archetype", then when you reach level 10, you Sub-class. For example, Paladins reach level 10 and become Inquisitor (Holy), Templar (Prot) or Crusader (Ret)... Obviously it won't work that way, but... that 31 point restriction kind of paints you into a corner, doesn't it?

Overall, many years late, but the changes are good.... too bad the WoW community is too fucking stupid to understand it, ay?
That was the part people here are mostly concerned about. I don't think anyone (at least not here) cares too much that the trees are shorter beyond the fact that it's not very likely that Blizzard will be able to make the 11 pts worth of talents in other trees good enough you'll want to get them without making it cookie cutter mandatory. It's all questionable whether or not Blizzard can actually make that work.

firex said:
That's just your assumption. Plus, "people are tired of leveling in the old world" and Blizzard redoing the old world seems like a solution.
People are tired of leveling in the old world because it's the same game regardless of how much you polish it. Ask yourself if going through STV for the fifth time was better than the first. It's just not the same as playing the game when it was new.

I'll also have to see a majority of the quests in the old world actually being re-done (as opposed to 10-20% of the quests in each zone being redone) before I'll believe it.

Xiaoki

Retro said:
Wait, that cant be true.....
J-Rzez said:
For every good change they have made, they eclipse it with some truly idiotic changes.
Angry Grimace said:
I guess I just think Blizzard is investing in the wrong areas
.....oh yeah, thats right

The talent trees were bloated corpses that desperately needed fixing. Simply piling more crap onto crap isnt going to make it good.

The current talent revamp wasnt cutting it and Blizzard realized that. They saw that it didnt fix the current problem and if left as-is would only continue to get worse as more levels were added.
Do you think the current talent would still be the best option when we get to level 100?

Would you even want to think about talent specs like 17/61/23?

Retro

Angry Grimace said:
That was the part people here are mostly concerned about.

Most of the people here fall into that .5 million I mentioned though. I admit I only took a few short glances, but MMO Champion and the official forums are wigging out that this will ruin the game... so... yeah.

I know you guys know better :lol

Angry Grimace

Xiaoki said:
Wait, that cant be true.....

.....oh yeah, thats right

Yes, the talent trees were bloated corpses that desperately needed fixing. Simply piling more crap onto crap isnt going to make it good.

The current talent revamp wasnt cutting it and Blizzard realized that. They saw that it didnt fix the current problem and if left as-is would only continue to get worse as more levels were added.
Do you think the current talent would still be the best option when we get to level 100?

Would you even want to think about talent specs like 17/61/23?
We aren't getting to level 100, are we? Why are we worried about level 100?

The odds of any of the people in this thread playing at level 100 isn't particularly high. I'll be 35 at the current rate of expansions coming out if they go to 100 @ 5 levels per expansion.

Retro said:
Most of the people here fall into that .5 million I mentioned though. I admit I only took a few short glances, but MMO Champion and the official forums are wigging out that this will ruin the game... so... yeah.

I know you guys know better :lol

What I'm concerned about is whether or not the 11 pts. you get to play with can be put somewhere interesting and I'm not convinced Blizzard can really do that when you're "locked" into a tree up until level 70. I don't really care about 31 pts. max in each tree conceptually.

Entropia

No One Remembers
:lol :lol :lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10543100.stm

A row has erupted after Blizzard - the publishers of the popular online game World of Warcraft - announced that users on its site forums would have to post under their real names.

The firm say the move is to put an end to heated online arguments and topics started purely to cause trouble.

But users reacted angrily, citing concerns about safety and privacy.

Blizzard said they would start implementing the changes over the next few months.

A post, by Vameras - one of the site community managers - said that the forums had become " a place where flame wars, trolling and other unpleasantness run wild".

"Removing the veil of anonymity typical to online dialogue will contribute to a more positive forum environment, promote constructive conversations, and connect the Blizzard community in ways they haven't been connected before," the post continued.
People talk

Blizzard new system - Real ID - means that users will have to post under their real first and last name.

The firm said it will implement the changes over the next few weeks, with the StarCraft II forums - a section dedicated to the forthcoming real time strategy game - making the switch by the end of the month. The World of Warcraft forum will change soon after.
Continue reading the main story

In addition to users now posting under their own names, the site will allow others to rate post and interact with other users, creating a "social-networking platform".

"As the way gamers interact with one another continues to evolve, our goal is to ensure Battle.net is equipped to handle the ever-changing social-gaming experience for years to come," the post by Vameras went on.

The online community was swift to respond, with almost a thousand replies in less than 24 hours; the majority of which expressed their displeasure at the move.

"I can't even begin to fathom why you would do this", posted one user, while another wrote that it seems "like someone who likes Facebook came up with it, while being blissfully unaware that an awful lot of people deliberately avoid Facebook".
Real worlds

One World of Warcraft player, Jim Brand, contacted BBC News to say how disappointed he was over the change.

"I have been using the forums for over five years, reporting bugs and trying to be helpful. Now, to have the privilege to help people on the forums I have to reveal my real name; I'm dead against it," he said.

"I work in a charity and deal with governments officials. If they do a search and see I am a gamer, it could affect my employment prospects," he added.

Although most social networking sites have links to a person's real world name, gaming sites have always used anonymous handles.

There have been a few rare cases of online gaming disputes spilling out into the real world, and users are mostly reluctant to reveal personal details, given that video games can sometimes elicit strong emotions.

Mr Brand said that one Blizzard employee posted his real name on the forums, saying that there was no risk to users, and the experiment went drastically wrong.

"Within five minutes, users had got hold of his telephone number, home address, photographs of him and a ton of other information," said Mr Brand

The post and topic has since been removed from the Blizzard forum.

Cover blown, smart guy.

Angry Grimace

Entropia said:
Honestly, the way I see it is, there's no way Blizzard is going to go live with putting people's real name on there. I wouldn't worry too much. It will probably just end up with a single username for your battle.net ID with all your characters shown. The idea is that you are more accountable because the forum is mostly populated by people posting on level 1 alts who don't want to get flamed on their "main character."

Blizzard could get in legal trouble if they actually forced full on real names.

firex

Angry Grimace said:
People are tired of leveling in the old world because it's the same game regardless of how much you polish it. Ask yourself if going through STV for the fifth time was better than the first. It's just not the same as playing the game when it was new.

I'll also have to see a majority of the quests in the old world actually being re-done (as opposed to 10-20% of the quests in each zone being redone) before I'll believe it.
That changes from person to person and you're just being cynical with regards to quests. Not that I would say there's no reason to be cynical, but people playing the game have said that they actually made the game fun and redid a lot of the quests. I basically heard collection quests are reduced to like 10% of their amount from classic, there are a lot more kill quests, and more coherent stories within each zone tied to the questing.

In my case I still find a lot of quests fun, but I also don't play the game 24/7/365. Right now all I do is my tournament dailies and my daily heroic on my shaman, and maybe spend an hour or two on my warrior. So because most of the quests are just an excuse to grind while I listen to music or sports, I find a new class I want to try out and play it after it's been long enough that I don't really remember the quest text or even a lot of the quests, so all I remember are either the really good or the really bad quests.

Angry Grimace said:

That's what they're doing, basically. Just from taking a hike around the world I've seen many entirely new quest hubs, and I doubt they're just relocating old guys there. In some cases there are "sequels" to quests you once did, with some new twists (often using vehicles or phasing). Places have developed. New level ranges for old zones to give a smoother progression without going back and forth all over after level 30. I mean, Auberdine is destroyed and is now a quest target with mobs and possibly a boss. There is a new major questline á la Wrath taking you through the entire zone. Given the restructuring, I'd be surprised if 10-20% of old quests are actually kept after this.

Retro

Angry Grimace said:
Honestly, the way I see it is, there's no way Blizzard is going to go live with putting people's real name on there. I wouldn't worry too much. It will probably just end up with a single username for your battle.net ID with all your characters shown.

Interestingly, WoW.com is reporting "Bashiok / Drysc posted his real life name yesterday, and had his privacy violated by people posting maps to his house, his parents' names, and (potentially incorrect) cell phone numbers."

Can't same I'm shocked by that kind of activity, these are WoW players after all, and they're a pretty fucked up lot on their GOOD days (which are few and far between).

Anyways, they're also reporting that the Support Line is saying blues will not be using their real names because they "cannot risk having their personal lives compromised by in-game issues." Since WoW players will immediately declare this is an unfair double standard and make a big fucking deal out of it... I expect the whole LiveID thing to blow over before the weekend hits.

Drysc is fucked though, won't be able to post anything anybody disagrees with without worrying a dozen fat nerds are going to show up and throw bricks through his mom's windows.

McNei1y

firex said:
That changes from person to person and you're just being cynical with regards to quests. Not that I would say there's no reason to be cynical, but people playing the game have said that they actually made the game fun and redid a lot of the quests. I basically heard collection quests are reduced to like 10% of their amount from classic, there are a lot more kill quests, and more coherent stories within each zone tied to the questing.

In my case I still find a lot of quests fun, but I also don't play the game 24/7/365. Right now all I do is my tournament dailies and my daily heroic on my shaman, and maybe spend an hour or two on my warrior. So because most of the quests are just an excuse to grind while I listen to music or sports, I find a new class I want to try out and play it after it's been long enough that I don't really remember the quest text or even a lot of the quests, so all I remember are either the really good or the really bad quests.

I enjoy leveling. I don't know what it is about it. Maybe its the chance of world pvping lowbies and the success I feel when I kill/camp them. Maybe its the aspiration to hopefully become an awesome character one day. I don't know. I like it though.

Angry Grimace

Retro said:
Interestingly, WoW.com is reporting "Bashiok / Drysc posted his real life name yesterday, and had his privacy violated by people posting maps to his house, his parents' names, and (potentially incorrect) cell phone numbers."

Can't same I'm shocked by that kind of activity, these are WoW players after all, and they're a pretty fucked up lot on their GOOD days (which are few and far between).

Anyways, they're also reporting that the Support Line is saying blues will not be using their real names because they "cannot risk having their personal lives compromised by in-game issues." Since WoW players will immediately declare this is an unfair double standard and make a big fucking deal out of it... I expect the whole LiveID thing to blow over before the weekend hits.

Drysc is fucked though, won't be able to post anything anybody disagrees with without worrying a dozen fat nerds are going to show up and throw bricks through his mom's windows.
Meh, the problem of course, is that 90% of the changes in the game are reported (and blamed) on Ghostcrawler, whose real name was never a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom