• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Hopefully the new engineering helms, like, "Killshades" are mirrored aviator style sunglasses. They'd ooze the coolness like they do in real life. Hopefully all the lesser armors than plate all look like Kanye West's fav sunglasses. Except the Rogue model, that should be like the ones Horatio "Caine" (not Laine lol) wears. :D
This is Blizzard. The Killshades will be the same model as the Goggles from TBC and Wrath.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
We hope to distribute additional invites to the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta sometime this week, possibly as soon as late Tuesday or Wednesday. This is only an estimate, though, so the schedule may change and, as a result, invites could be distributed earlier or later than anticipated. Either way, we'll work to keep you as updated as possible. :)

You better invite me this time Blizzard. /shakefist

markot

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
This is Blizzard. The Killshades will be the same model as the Goggles from TBC and Wrath.
In some of the leaked leaks from mmo champ they have the new goggles models I am thinking!

n2kf05ctmp.jpg

This game is boring me. I play like 3 hours a week to do a little ICC and that's about it.

At the same time I refuse to try to lure my friends back into the game to start a 10m cata guild. Consider me a humanitarian. =(

Arment

I was raiding every week for a couple months, got geared out, then went on vacation and my guild freaked out and put me on 'reserve'.

Some people have no concept of real life in this game.

So I've been pugging and leveling alts now. I got to see everything I missed (Ulduar, ToGC, ICC IE Everything) so no regrets.

Bisnic

I've just check a video of the new 5 man Blackrock Caverns in Cataclysm. Looks like a hard one, and it's the first of the expansion! Those guys were in T10 and it wasn't a joke like the WOTLK heroics. They actually have to kite some adds during the last boss fight! Kite in a 5 man!

But knowing Blizzard, they will probably nerf it once all the T10 geared people will have done it and alts/new players will keep wiping with their WOTLK blues/greens a month later.

Bisnic said:
I've just check a video of the new 5 man Blackrock Caverns in Cataclysm. Looks like a hard one, and it's the first of the expansion! Those guys were in T10 and it wasn't a joke like the WOTLK heroics. They actually have to kite some adds during the last boss fight! Kite in a 5 man!

But knowing Blizzard, they will probably nerf it once all the T10 geared people will have done it and alts/new players will keep wiping with their WOTLK blues/greens a month later.

Oh no kiting, it's like I'm possibly playing vanilla WoW again.

._.

ampere

RiskyChris said:
This game is boring me. I play like 3 hours a week to do a little ICC and that's about it.

At the same time I refuse to try to lure my friends back into the game to start a 10m cata guild. Consider me a humanitarian. =(
It can be fun to go back and do old stuff that might get removed from the game, for example the little pet that Alliance get from a quest line in Feralas, and it's a farmable drop for Horde. I log on two nights a week for ICC10 HM progression with my guild but other than that I just try two or three manning old raids with guildies who are interested. We two manned Hakkar the other night, it was tricky because of his mind control but I think my tremor totem was clearing it. :D

Bisnic

Wow... the blue proto drake dropped for the 2nd time for me 10 mins ago... and i won it...again.

2 of my alts have it now... :lol Still nothing for my main. QQ

What is the best DPS addon and the best gearscore addon? I just started doing 5-mans and I want to know 1) what kind of DPS everyone is dealing and 2) gear levels at a glance.

notworksafe

The Lamonster said:
What is the best DPS addon and the best gearscore addon? I just started doing 5-mans and I want to know 1) what kind of DPS everyone is dealing and 2) gear levels at a glance.
Recount for DPS and Gearscore for...gearscore.

Bisnic

The Lamonster said:

Recount for DPS addon. And... Gearscore for gearscore addon. :lol

edit: too slow

ciaossu said:
It can be fun to go back and do old stuff that might get removed from the game, for example the little pet that Alliance get from a quest line in Feralas, and it's a farmable drop for Horde. I log on two nights a week for ICC10 HM progression with my guild but other than that I just try two or three manning old raids with guildies who are interested. We two manned Hakkar the other night, it was tricky because of his mind control but I think my tremor totem was clearing it. :D

Hehe, I agree, it's stuff like this that keeps me logging in.

Still, there should be more for non-fuckface hardcore loot bitches to grind.

firex

Bisnic said:

The second instance (the underwater one) was a lot easier from the video I saw of it. Still looked cool and hard on the level of like, TBC instances, but doable.

firex said:
I made a priest and got him to level 10, and I'll probably continue playing him later on. It's such a boring class until level 30 or so in my experience, but at least with heirlooms it won't be too bad to get that far.

Really? Priest has been awesome for me. Mine is lvl 25 and I am just healing myself through BGs.. its really fun.

To me it has been Druid that has not been that much fun. I thought I would love the animal nature side of things, but the Druid class has not grown at me at all despite being able to do everything.

there is something incredible tight about the Priest class(holy at least) that I cant put my hands on. I havent really soloed Holy.. I heard that is supposed to suck, but its been great in dungeons.

barnone

Read about the new changes back to 31 point talent trees, and how adding that first talent point is supposed to make you "feel" like that specialization immediately. The new talent stuff combined with the new and revamped areas... I reaaallly want to come back to this game come Cataclysm. Ack! I am going to try to hold out on MMOs til The Old Republic though.

I just bought Dual Spec but I screwed up and want to unlearn them. When I go to unlearn, the trainer tells me it will unsummon any controlled pet. Does that mean it would delete my pet permanently?

JesseZao

The Lamonster said:
I just bought Dual Spec but I screwed up and want to unlearn them. When I go to unlearn, the trainer tells me it will unsummon any controlled pet. Does that mean it would delete my pet permanently?

It's to prevent people from keeping a BM mastery pet and then re-speccing into survival or marks. I'm pretty sure it just stables the pet and it locks it out until you have the BM 51pt again.

The Lamonster said:
no, the pet will not be deleted. If you are respeccing from BM you will need to trade your exotic pet at the stables if your spec is anything but BM.

I do believe you will ave to re spend your pets talent points tho.

I am a marks spec normally and want to go BM to get an exotic pet. Would it be possible to train an exotic pet then switch back to marks ie use the exotic pet full-time whether or not I've got my secondary spec activated?

The Lamonster said:
I am a marks spec normally and want to go BM to get an exotic pet. Would it be possible to train an exotic pet then switch back to marks ie use the exotic pet full-time whether or not I've got my secondary spec activated?
In order to tame the exotic pet, you need to have the 51 point talent in the BM tree.

If you lose the 51 point BM talent due to a respec, you will be unable to call the exotic pet. and must put it in the stable, and bring out a regular pet.

Weenerz

Banned
You can only use an exotic pet when you are BM specced. If you are changing specs, make sure you put your exotic pet in the stable, or it causes issues. Or it used to.

Shouta

The Lamonster said:

No. Again, Exotic pets require the 51 point BM skill to use. If you train it and switch to a Marks spec, your pet will be put into the stable and you won't be able to pull it out until you go back to BM.

Anyway, Blizzard recovered all of my stuff, huzzah!

markot

Banned
They really need to improve the login security with some more extra protection....

Lots of pretty simple things they could do to make it much more secure...

notworksafe

markot said:
They really need to improve the login security with some more extra protection....

Lots of pretty simple things they could do to make it much more secure...
Like making passwords case-sensitive? :lol

ampere

Shouta said:
Anyway, Blizzard recovered all of my stuff, huzzah!
Nice, now get an authenticator if you don't already have one ;p
Worth the $6 so that you don't have to deal with getting hacked anymore, or check and see if there's an app for your smartphone.

notworksafe said:
Like making passwords case-sensitive? :lol
They aren't? Oh dear :lol

firex

I got an authenticator before WotLK came out, just because I was like "I have 2 level 70s, I'd be pissed if I lost either one." Even though neither one was super geared or anything.

anyway I just spent like 90 minutes watching this badass series of videos showing the redone quests in Stonetalon mountains in Cataclysm. God, the quest design in Cataclysm is way, way better than even in WotLK.

JesseZao

Entropia said:
Yeah, passwords are not case-sensitive. I found that shocking and disturbing revelation about a year ago.

whhaaaaAAAATTTTT?

I can't believe this. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

/reposts mindblown.gif

McNei1y

JesseZao said:
whhaaaaAAAATTTTT?

I can't believe this. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

/reposts mindblown.gif

Holy crap! How have I not known this!?!

I've been hacked before. I don't know "when" I got hacked but I came back to wow for a month during January and realized some toons were deleted as well as all my moneys. I called Blizzard and they gave back my characters but not their gear. I asked again "What am I going to do with a lvl 70 shaman with no gear and money?" (same with the other characters). They gave me 300g on each character and then on my 80 warlock: 40 Frost Emblems and 40 Triumph Emblems and 500g... That was dope. That was awhile ago though.

Now I rerolled (kind of a bad decision, forgot Heirlooms don't transfer cross server!!). Started an Orc Shaman last week and I am now 28.

Question: On my main, I have 5005 gearscore. What instances could I be doing? I've been away for awhile so I'm trying to experience some of the Northrend end content again.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Zenkah

My armory.

Xiaoki

Bisnic said:

Dont count on it.
The instances are tuned to be completable by people in the quest gear obtained in the same zone that the instance is located. The level 78 quest greens you get in Hyjal are better than Icecrown 10(yeah, not in the same zone but of similar level).
If people in tier 9 or lower gear complains its too hard then Blizzard will tell them to get the quest gear.

Xiaoki said:
Dont count on it.
The instances are tuned to be completable by people in the quest gear obtained in the same zone that the instance is located. The level 78 quest greens you get in Hyjal are better than Icecrown 10(yeah, not in the same zone but of similar level).
If people in tier 9 or lower gear complains its too hard then Blizzard will tell them to get the quest gear.
So, should I even bother going for current end game content or just wait until Cataclysm comes out? I was going to start gearing up my hunter but now it looks like I should just wait a little bit. My hunter is 75 at the moment, by the way.

Bisnic

272? That's a bit ridiculous. I was expecting the greens from hyjal being great upgrades from the greens of Storm Peaks, just like how it was going from the greens of Netherstorm to greens of Howling Fjord, but that's just insane. You're going from greens/blues that are what? 175? And a lvl & zone later you're using 272 and suddently doing 4k more DPS.

The regular mobs in those zones better have health similar to the elites in our current heroics, like 50-60k. Not something like 20k where they die in 2 Arcane Blasts if they both crit.

Evlar

Banned
Bisnic said:
272? That's a bit ridiculous. I was expecting the greens from hyjal being great upgrades from the greens of Storm Peaks, just like how it was going from the greens of Netherstorm to greens of Howling Fjord, but that's just insane. You're going from greens/blues that are what? 175? And a lvl & zone later you're using 272 and suddently doing 4k more DPS.
After all the complaints about WotLK being too easy at launch (for people in Sunwell gear), I think they're doing exactly the right thing.

CassSept

Bisnic said:

The regular mobs in those zones better have health similar to the elites in our current heroics, like 50-60k. Not something like 20k where they die in 2 Arcane Blasts if they both crit.
Well, WotLK quest items started at ilvl 138 which was the level of Kael/Vashj and just under BT/MH.
Quest items starting at ilvl 272 isn't that shocking if you remember WotLK gear inflation (277 compared to SWP's 159) and decreased difficulty of acquiring much better gear.

Bisnic

CassSept said:
Well, WotLK quest items started at ilvl 138 which was the level of Kael/Vashj and just under BT/MH.
Quest items starting at ilvl 272 isn't that shocking if you remember WotLK gear inflation (277 compared to SWP's 159) and decreased difficulty of acquiring much better gear.

I see what you mean, but it will just be ridiculous going from a green 2 hand sword from Storm Peaks that does 132 DPS(and maybe you won't even need to quest in Storm Peaks, so your green weapon might be even weaker) to a green 2 hand sword from Hyjal that might do 320 DPS(assuming the DPS is similar to a ICC heroic 25 weapon). Again, hopefully they will adjust the health of regular mobs so that they don't die in 2 or 3 hits like the current lvl 80 regular mobs in Icecrown.

Weenerz

Banned
From the videos I've seen, early mobs in Hyjal are regular health and they quickly ramp up to 30k each. They hit like little girls tho, I saw a ret paladin with 40k hp getting hit for 300 a hit. But this is beta and I'm sure they'll scale it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom