• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNei1y said:
It was probably a keylogger somewhere down the road. I think I got hacked by "buying" into one of those emails. It probably happened when I was drunk.

hmm.

I checked my armory... gear is not removed, but I still cant log in.

I submitted my ticket, with passport photo around 24 hours ago... still no reply!

if it was a key logger in wonder how i get rid of it(im on a mac:lol )

wont that mean its still there?

I guess I could try downloading iantivirus...

kai3345

Banned
Good day of WoW today.

- Reached level 65

-Did 2 Underbog runs

- Realized how fucking much I love Zangarmarsh. The looks, the lore, the dungeons, everything.

2ed11r5.jpg

5n3k01.jpg

s2xggj.jpg

Maybe you like it cluttered, maybe you don't, but I'd suggest an increase in screen resolution and a decrease in UI scale. Those screen shots made me feel as claustrophobic as EQ1.

kai3345

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
Maybe you like it cluttered, maybe you don't, but I'd suggest an increase in screen resolution and a decrease in UI scale. Those screen shots made me feel as claustrophobic as EQ1.
Higher resolution fucks my framerate which is usually only around 20 FPS

Mr Nash said:
So I tried the Kulu'ak Derby today for laughs. Is there anything one can do to improve their chances of fishing up that shark quickly like getting the fishing hat, Kulu'ak fishing rod, and anything else that'll bump up one's fishing stats, or is it all just the luck of the draw in terms of how quick one can fish the thing up?

Luck. It's frustrating as fuck.

markot

Banned
Vigilant Walrus said:
hmm.

I checked my armory... gear is not removed, but I still cant log in.

I submitted my ticket, with passport photo around 24 hours ago... still no reply!

if it was a key logger in wonder how i get rid of it(im on a mac:lol )

wont that mean its still there?

I guess I could try downloading iantivirus...
What email do you use for your account?

If its gmail, check to see if it got hacked as well >.<

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Calantus said:
so it's not possible to get pvp weapons without arena?

For the good ones, yeah, pretty much have to do arenas, and hold a decent rating in there (and I think it has to be a 3s or 5s team, 2s ratings don't count towards it).

Personal factoid about myself: I hate leveling. My main is a warlock (did not enjoy the leveling at all) and after multiple years of no alts, somehow I managed to get a warrior up to 80 (better than the first toon, but still a lot of frustrating moments and downtime). Since then, there have been other futile attempts. I've got a shaman at level 30 and a DK at 58 (lol how sad is it that I can't even play a DK for more than 3 levels :lol ). Fast forward to last week when I finally decided that i was going to try leveling a paladin. I had been holding out on trying one because I hoped blizz would allow gnomes to be paladins. Since that didn't happen, I figured it was time.

Conclusion? Paladins are hands down the most radical class to play in the whole universe. All problems are solved when playing a paladin. I'm not a clothie so I dont get jumped everywhere I go, and when I do I actually have a shot at surviving. Even though I use mana, there is no down time like other classes, because hey i can regenerate my own mana like it was growing on trees. Low health? No problem. Heal, heal there, heals everywhere, oh let's heal myself again for kicks. WTF? Paladins are so OP (at least during the leveling process) and it's the first time i've ever spent leveling a class and never once thought, "ugh this sucks." I've been tanking instances as ret and when healers go afk I can continue on and heal myself. And then there is the 15% speed increase with talents and the random bubbles i get to put on myself for jumping off of high buildings and cliffs, for hearthing and for escaping bad situations. Yeah, maybe it's time to make a paladin my main. Already at level 43 :p and not even close to bored.

I henceforth declare all other classes inferior.:lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Loving a Paladin is dependent on how much you enjoy sitting there watching the auto attack.

Anyone can get the t1 arena weapons. T1 arena weapons are only 1800 tr/pr in any of the 3 brackets and all the classes are more than viable to get 2k+ with shitty furious gear. The only class that really needs great gear to do well in arena is te warrior who is by far the most gear dependent class in arena, but he will do fine with any crappy icc weapon until then. A lot of warriors have no problem getting 2k+ with the H POS weapon.. then again if you don't raid dont pvp on a warrior they need the armor pen from pve.

Dance In My Blood said:
Loving a Paladin is dependent on how much you enjoy sitting there watching the auto attack.

and thus came Crusader Strike;D

there was another instant attack along with crusader strike back in beta... i think they removed it around when hunters became playable. what was the name of that attack? i think the changed it to a seal or something. gahhh cant remember.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
I got thrown out of my first guild. :( I can't even believe it. I was asking a lot of questions on the Rotface 25man fight. I didn't understand the kiting of the slime at first. Then one fight I got the slime 4 times. The last time I couldn't find the tank with the dispel. And the GL called me out on it. I guess I should've kept my mouth shut instead of arguing that I just couldn't find him the 4th time. After that I totally got the fight. I was even in the top ten in overall dps and like 6th in most of the Rottface fights we did.

Later on after the raid disbanded he whispered me that the officers had a silent vote and decided to kick me out. He told me that I was out DPS'd by someone with a lower gear score and that I was to slow at learning the fights.(first time in the 25man by the way) I was out dpsing the other mage in the raid who had a higher gearscore than me though. Oh well the first Gkick is the hardest I guess.

Dance In My Blood said:
Every class has its own mechanics and rotations that end up getting spammed. You pick one and get used to it. For me, spamming judgement, consecrate, and exorcism over and over again as a paladin is not that much different than my warlocks combination of spell casting and my warriors whack a mole rotation. The auto-attack ends up feeling like part of the experience, I guess. But then you add to that the part of keeping track of your health, casting self-heals, and cleanses and it's not so bad. As far as leveling goes for me, survivability, self-sufficiency, increased movement speed, and a lack of downtime end up making the class far more fun to play despite what some might consider a boring arsenal of paladin abilities. But I love it. :D

firex

Vigilant Walrus said:
and thus came Crusader Strike;D

there was another instant attack along with crusader strike back in beta... i think they removed it around when hunters became playable. what was the name of that attack? i think the changed it to a seal or something. gahhh cant remember.
That was their only instant back in beta and it was awful. No weapon damage, it just provided a stacking holy damage increase buff. They had an on-next-melee attack called holy strike, so the idea was that you would spam CS until you hit 5 stacks, then HS, and just rinse and repeat. It was actually even more boring than the pre-release redesign where they got seals and judgement.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Adent said:
I got thrown out of my first guild. :( I can't even believe it. I was asking a lot of questions on the Rotface 25man fight. I didn't understand the kiting of the slime at first. Then one fight I got the slime 4 times. The last time I couldn't find the tank with the dispel. And the GL called me out on it. I guess I should've kept my mouth shut instead of arguing that I just couldn't find him the 4th time. After that I totally got the fight. I was even in the top ten in overall dps and like 6th in most of the Rottface fights we did.

Later on after the raid disbanded he whispered me that the officers had a silent vote and decided to kick me out. He told me that I was out DPS'd by someone with a lower gear score and that I was to slow at learning the fights.(first time in the 25man by the way) I was out dpsing the other mage in the raid who had a higher gearscore than me though. Oh well the first Gkick is the hardest I guess.

A guild citing gear score as a reason to remove someone isn't worth it at all.

I don't know how much you'll agree though, seeing as you were in the guild.

Adent said:

That's just a shitty guild, you gota give new people time to figure shit out before you shit all over them, and lol at a silent vote, wtf? they should like a bunch of pussies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Adent said:

Move on. The guild is obviously not worth it if they are kicking you out of a guild simply over a 25man encounter or doing some sort of pathetic "silent vote"

A thing I have found out within my several years of playing in WoW both as a guild member and a guild leader, is that when you voice your own opinion against a cunt of a guild leader then prepare to cop some weak excuse for them to hassle you over the fact that you talked over them/provided an additional viewpoint. My last guild was excellent, we had such a low ratio of people quitting and leaving the guild because I encouraged people to talk up and not sit back with their own opinions. Another thing I hate is the hierarchy status in some guilds i.e. officers only talk friendly to other officers etc. Everyone is the same; they're all paying the same amount to enjoy the same game. No need to throw up an invisible wall because it makes you feel better than the people below you.

/rant

Narag

speedpop said:
Move on. The guild is obviously not worth it if they are kicking you out of a guild simply over a 25man encounter or doing some sort of pathetic "silent vote"

A thing I have found out within my several years of playing in WoW both as a guild member and a guild leader, is that when you voice your own opinion against a cunt of a guild leader then prepare to cop some weak excuse for them to hassle you over the fact that you talked over them/provided an additional viewpoint. My last guild was excellent, we had such a low ratio of people quitting and leaving the guild because I encouraged people to talk up and not sit back with their own opinions. Another thing I hate is the hierarchy status in some guilds i.e. officers only talk friendly to other officers etc. Everyone is the same; they're all paying the same amount to enjoy the same game. No need to throw up an invisible wall because it makes you feel better than the people below you.

/rant

I was in a guild like that with the officers being their own clique. They'd talk shit behind members in ochat, boot at the slightest provocation just because the GM had left them enabled to do so, and pretty much sucked. More than a few had a hard time pushing 2k dps in full Naxx25 gear. It pretty much fell apart around Ulduar when they learned they couldn't faceroll on release and had to actually put up some numbers. :lol

Also they bitched and moaned about our awesome DK tank and just generally treated him like shit. When he finally jumped ship, they bitched and moaned about that even though he was more or less the reason so many were geared at the time.

mclem

shintoki said:
I probably would have kicked you out also, but I don't have patience for DPS who don't understand the fight.

I don't have patience for DPS - or indeed anyone - who doesn't *try* to understand the fight, but it looks like he was at least asking reasonable questions to figure out what's going on.

I have to say, back when it first appeared, Rotface was pretty brutal on PuGs, it requires quite a bit more situational awareness than the average PuGger on our realm could supply. I'd hazard a guess it'd be a bit like PuGging Teron Gorefiend, not that most people our way ever really got to do that while it was relevant.

firex said:
That was their only instant back in beta and it was awful. No weapon damage, it just provided a stacking holy damage increase buff. They had an on-next-melee attack called holy strike, so the idea was that you would spam CS until you hit 5 stacks, then HS, and just rinse and repeat. It was actually even more boring than the pre-release redesign where they got seals and judgement.

oh yeah holy strike, hahahaha! I guess there was a reason that they removed it! They could bring it back as a new spell with the same name!:D

Swag

Adent said:

Although the guild sounds like it's filled with a bunch of dicks that take their positions too seriously, your equally a dick for not looking up the encounters before entering the instance. Especially if the guild wasn't progressing, but had it on farm ( Although from the sounds of it, they were having issues other then you ).

There are so many resources you can access in order to get an understanding of mechanics ( Wowwiki, Tankspot videos / forums, World of Raids ), I can understand that maybe your first time getting the slime it may be a bit confusing but you should've been able to pick up on how the fight works after that.

Either way though, the guild sounds terrible and your probably better off without them, but the blame isn't theirs alone.

Rapstah said:
Who's up for a new wave of us screenshotting our current interface at native resolution?

Oh god, no thanks.

Rapstah

I just got an organized group of 30-34s together and ran Scarlet Monastery: Graveyard 28 times in a row. Our record time from everyone zoning in to killing Bloodmage Thalanos was 3 minutes 40 seconds. My inventory is full of Bloody Brass Knuckles...

Insured

Angelus Errare said:
God I hope there's a medium glyph to remove boomkin form. I want to roll a druid, but I hate that lazer chicken form sooooooo much.
I played druid for over a year and never once even thought about, let alone switched to boomkin form. It's doable!

J-Rzez

Adent said:

Well, sorry to hear that, but they can be valid complaints from those kinds of guilds. To be honest though, you should have probably checked out the fight videos at Tankspot or some place, or at least read up on the strats. Your kiting tank should have been dragging the slimes around either clockwise or counter, so you would not just look for him running the slime through the group or whatever getting them slimed sprayed on. You would just run out, and run in the direction opposite of the tank, you'd come across him them. I'm not sure if even my guild would have let that fight slide. DPS is one thing, but something like that mechanic, which is pretty simple overall, if you were a trial member they'd probably let you go too.

BloodElfHunter said:
Anyone can get the t1 arena weapons.

Let's be honest with this. No, not anyone. In theory any class can do it, that's correct, but not "any player". I remember Blizz let the stats out the one season of teams in wrath and only 12% of the players hit 1800 or higher. There are some people that will get stuck in sub-1800 brackets who either:

- Don't run an OP comp
- Don't macro stuff to their keys
- Do not have the skill even
- Or, get farmed by too many highly rated players either carrying ppl for gold to 1800+ or grieffing the lower brackets for laughs.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
Sebulon3k said:
Although the guild sounds like it's filled with a bunch of dicks that take their positions too seriously, your equally a dick for not looking up the encounters before entering the instance. Especially if the guild wasn't progressing, but had it on farm ( Although from the sounds of it, they were having issues other then you ).

There are so many resources you can access in order to get an understanding of mechanics ( Wowwiki, Tankspot videos / forums, World of Raids ), I can understand that maybe your first time getting the slime it may be a bit confusing but you should've been able to pick up on how the fight works after that.

Either way though, the guild sounds terrible and your probably better off without them, but the blame isn't theirs alone.

Oh god, no thanks.

I never said I didn't watch the tank spot videos. I even did the ten man version the up to putricide the night before. The thing is that it's a lot of videos to take in all in at once. Right after the raid broke up I was going to go read everything I could for Rottface and the upcoming fights after that. Plus you are discounting that I did all the previous bosses up to that without any problems. I just thought it would be reasonable to get a general overview and that when we stopped on a certain boss I would go back and read up on it. Isn't that how progression works?

notworksafe

Not a bad raid last night. Finally managed to get Saurfang down on Heroic now that the ranged DPS are back. Did Rotface and Festergut as well but got stuck on Blood Princes. Anyone got any tips for them? The debuff on Heroic is obnoxious!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
notworksafe said:
Not a bad raid last night. Finally managed to get Saurfang down on Heroic now that the ranged DPS are back. Did Rotface and Festergut as well but got stuck on Blood Princes. Anyone got any tips for them? The debuff on Heroic is obnoxious!

Ranged need to make sure the orbs don't fall, and gtfo from other people (or at least tanks/healers) on Empowered shock vortex.

You can probably get up to 5-6 stacks without worrying too much, but if you get over that, just stop and wait for them to drop. It's a survival/mechanic fight much more than it is a dps check.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
BloodElfHunter said:
Holy shit, that mage is a gnome. Didn't know anyone played alliance in this game still.
Most players in the game are Alliance.

For reference, Blood Elf is a far more embarassing class to admit yiou roll than any alliance class :lol

In reality, virtually all Horde/Alliance players are the same shit. Horde players believe Alliance players are all kids who wanted to be hero/good guys, and Alliance players all believe Horde players are emo-dorks that wanted to be badasses and/or play as blonde girls.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
For reference, Blood Elf is a far more embarassing class to admit yiou roll than any alliance class :lol

Don't hate because we're fabulous, look splendid in gear, have some great animations, and the males have an iconic voice actor behind them. :D

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
This. Can't wait until I can race change my Paladin to Tauren!

And thanks for the tips, Metroidvania. That's essentially what we were doing, but we'd been raiding 4ish hours at that point so I think everyone was just tired and we were getting sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom