• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Amir0x said:
Well I went to play WoW on friday, and all my loot, gear and money was stolen. I've never given my password or account info to anyone so naturally I was furious.

I called Blizzard and got my account back, and of course changed my account info. And I'm gonna get my stuff back in 4-5 days.

But this has really made me think I'd rather not play a game with this sort of serious security issues. I'm not buying one of their bullshit authenticators because Blizzard can't get a handle on the assholes fucking with their product.

I think I'm hanging up my WoW clothes and waiting for FFXIV.
And to be fair, no one's hacking Blizzard to get your account information. All leaks come from the user.

Tacitus_

keeblerdrow said:
But there's a greater chance people who are just there for their frost badges won't stick around if you're below 25k. It's a good (and achievable) starting point to aim for.

True, but those people will whine if you have under 30k, under 35k or whatever arbitrary number they choose for tanks to 'need'. The only thing low HP on a tank means that you can't pull the the first four packs of trash and the boss in HoL for example.

itxaka

Defeatist
wow, goddamn, thanks guys I'm reading trough your comments and is clarifying a lot :)

One last thing, I'm getting some strange numbers with items so maybe there is something I don't know about them, in this case weapons.

I have this on one hand (2-handed dual):

Cleaver of Diligence
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Axe
350 - 526 Damage Speed 3.60
(121.7 damage per second)
+55 Strength
Durability 85 / 85
Item Level 158
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 60 (2.03% @ L74).
Sell Price: 11 95 62

And I just got this from a mission:

Arete's Command
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Sword
360 - 541 Damage Speed 3.40
(132.5 damage per second)
+77 Strength
+43 Stamina
Durability 85 / 85
Item Level 174
Equip: Improves haste rating by 37 (1.41% @ L77).
Sell Price: 12 99 58

At a first glance the second one should be better, but when I change them my power goes up as expected (strengh difference) but my damage goes down!?

1065-1234 to 1047-1220!

Is there something I'm missing? Shouldn't the damage range go up instead of down?

EDIT:
've been using this http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=146693 as a rough guide for gearing up my fury warrior, there's also some protection guides on there http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=86992&p=945072

wow. I am never gonna get any of those...so much money :lol

CassSept

Wow, damage range, I remember I was once fooled by this too:D
It's because the second weapon is faster. The first one is 3.60 (with no haste that's one hit every 3.6 second) and the second one is 3.40 (one hit every 3.4 sec). So basically, with the second weapon you will deal a bit less damage but more often, so in the end you will do more damage per second.

tl;dr - all is fine, use the sword

Swag

itxaka said:
At a first glance the second one should be better, but when I change them my power goes up as expected (strengh difference) but my damage goes down!?

1065-1234 to 1047-1220!

Is your two handed sword skill capped? I don't know if your skill is factored into the damage window but that may be the cause.

Also don't worry about the crafted gear, most of that stuff is targeted towards people that have a lot of money to spend on the mats or have enough emblems on a main to get the mats from a vendor.

Yasser

itxaka said:
wow. I am never gonna get any of those...so much money :lol

haha, well like Sebulon3k says, don't worry about the crafted stuff unless you've got the gold to burn or a friend that can hook you up. using the dungeon finder it's really easy to get a lot of emblems fast and maybe even do some pvp to fill the gaps (like i'm temporarily using the shoulders from wintergrasp since it has a lot of hit). also, don't be reluctant to join a pug for onyxia or voa, they're really easy and quick encounters, youtubing them is all the learning you need

Swag

Yasser said:
Also, don't be reluctant to join a pug for onyxia or voa, they're really easy and quick encounters, youtubing them is all the learning you need

This is a good idea, matter of fact don't be reluctant to join a PuG for anything Wrath related ( Naxx, Ulduar, OS, EoE, ToC ). They'll all make you a better raider, even though the gear sucks.

itxaka

Defeatist
CassSept said:
Wow, damage range, I remember I was once fooled by this too:D
It's because the second weapon is faster. The first one is 3.60 (with no haste that's one hit every 3.6 second) and the second one is 3.40 (one hit every 3.4 sec). So basically, with the second weapon you will deal a bit less damage but more often, so in the end you will do more damage per second.

tl;dr - all is fine, use the sword

ahhh that makes sense. Still, so confusing for a noob like me :D

Is your two handed sword skill capped? I don't know if your skill is factored into the damage window but that may be the cause.

Also don't worry about the crafted gear, most of that stuff is targeted towards people that have a lot of money to spend on the mats or have enough emblems on a main to get the mats from a vendor.

haha, well like Sebulon3k says, don't worry about the crafted stuff unless you've got the gold to burn or a friend that can hook you up. using the dungeon finder it's really easy to get a lot of emblems fast and maybe even do some pvp to fill the gaps (like i'm temporarily using the shoulders from wintergrasp since it has a lot of hit). also, don't be reluctant to join a pug for onyxia or voa, they're really easy and quick encounters, youtubing them is all the learning you need

Still...6400 gold for a piece of gear :lol After so much auctioneer I only got like 5000g across all my chars.

In other news I just made my first heroic! azjol-nerub! It was really difficult and we got wiped like 4 times, probably due my poor gear.

I am on 2800~ and everybody was +4000 :lol Everytime I saw they were selecting me (x-perl is awesome) I was worried they were gonna boot me :( But no they didn't, nor they made fun of me or criticize me. In fact the only words I saw were the tank saying that we had to up the dps or we were gonna get wiped again.

I also died like 3 times for a direct blow. Stupid dungeon, wowhead says the blow is to the front and I was standing on the side!

So one thing I noticed is that I got two emblems for my first normal dungeon, and now I have 4. Does they give them automatically or something? I didn't loot them...

Oh yeah, also which tabard should I wear? The only one I got is the Dragonsomething one, and I don't think is really useful :/

Rapstah

Azjol-Nerub is an incredibly easy heroic and should be doable with much worse gear than 4*4000, so I wouldn't blame you.

EDIT: Emblems are also given for all bosses in instances.

The only thing WOTLK tabards give is reputation with one of four factions that you'll all want to eventually get to Exalted with, so if you only have that one tabard you should wear it as much as you can.

ampere

Amir0x said:
Well I went to play WoW on friday, and all my loot, gear and money was stolen. I've never given my password or account info to anyone so naturally I was furious.

I called Blizzard and got my account back, and of course changed my account info. And I'm gonna get my stuff back in 4-5 days.

But this has really made me think I'd rather not play a game with this sort of serious security issues. I'm not buying one of their bullshit authenticators because Blizzard can't get a handle on the assholes fucking with their product.

I think you'll find that any popular MMO will experience hacks such as what you experienced. It's not Blizzard's fault per se, however the authenticator is a good effort to reduce hacking and I highly recommend that you purchase one (regardless of which game you choose to play).

The reason is a hacked MMO account can be worth more and less risky than a stolen credit card. Therefore there's a high incentive to target them.

And it was mentioned above, but if there's a WoW account hacked, it's going to be happening on the user's side. Spyware or the Adobe 0-day issue got a lot of people, so you may want to do a Spyware and virus check on your PC in addition to updating Acrobat and Flash player.

itxaka

Defeatist
Rapstah said:
Azjol-Nerub is an incredibly easy heroic and should be doable with much worse gear than 4*4000, so I wouldn't blame you.

EDIT: Emblems are also given for all bosses in instances.

The only thing WOTLK tabards give is reputation with one of four factions that you'll all want to eventually get to Exalted with, so if you only have that one tabard you should wear it as much as you can.

Cool thanks!

Also I saw that emblems are exchangeable from better to worse right? Should I focus in one type of emblem, or the more I can get the better?

Rapstah

itxaka said:
Cool thanks!

Also I saw that emblems are exchangeable from better to worse right? Should I focus in one type of emblem, or the more I can get the better?
I suggest you save all your Frost emblems without trading them down, buy gear for all of your Triumph emblems and if you were to get any other emblems then trade them down to the lowest level and buy heirlooms.

Yasser

itxaka said:
In other news I just made my first heroic! azjol-nerub! It was really difficult and we got wiped like 4 times, probably due my poor gear.

I am on 2800~ and everybody was +4000 :lol Everytime I saw they were selecting me (x-perl is awesome) I was worried they were gonna boot me :( But no they didn't, nor they made fun of me or criticize me. In fact the only words I saw were the tank saying that we had to up the dps or we were gonna get wiped again.

I also died like 3 times for a direct blow. Stupid dungeon, wowhead says the blow is to the front and I was standing on the side!

So one thing I noticed is that I got two emblems for my first normal dungeon, and now I have 4. Does they give them automatically or something? I didn't loot them...

don't worry about gearscore in heroics, most cases everyone else will be overgeared anyway and know the instance inside-out. also do you use deadly boss mod? that's a great addon and will tell you on screen what's going on during boss fights like if a big attack is coming up and you need to run away etc.

ampere

itxaka said:

It sounds to me that there was an overall lack of familiarity with the dungeon from all members of the random group. I always heal or tank randoms and the only time a wipe occurs is when a crucial player walks off a cliff or goes AFK in an already sticky situation.

You shouldn't personally feel responsible, and it's possible that the tank lost aggro when you died from the direct blows.
itxaka said:
Emblems are now automatically placed in your bag at the end of a random or after you kill a boss.
itxaka said:
Oh yeah, also which tabard should I wear? The only one I got is the Dragonsomething one, and I don't think is really useful :/
You should go through the 4 factions listed here and perform what is called 'Championing'. It will allow you to maximize your reputation with said factions simply by doing random dungeons.
However, to obtain the Tabard for the Knights of the Ebon Blade you will need to perform a short quest line in northern Icecrown, so keep that in mind.
Other than the rep gains you can get from the 4 factions listed in that article, Tabards are purely cosmetic, so don't worry about which you choose :).

Alcoori

Yeah don't trade down Frost emblems like I did, I wish I still had the 20 I changed for Triumph, would be able to buy my first piece of T10 :D

itxaka

Defeatist
Damn, I just did the Caverns of time/stratholme. So awesome remembering the mission from warcraft 3 :D

And this time we steamrolled everything, not dying even once! And I am now with 11 emblems. It seems kind of easy to get them, but I won't complain :p

Deadly boss mod, noted. Thanks for all the tips guys, much appreciated :)

FLEABttn

Banned
Amir0x said:
I'm not buying one of their bullshit authenticators because Blizzard can't get a handle on the assholes fucking with their product.

PEBKAC. Blizz isn't the leak.

FF11 has an authenticator too which I'm sure they'll get working on FF14 at some point.

Tacitus_

itxaka said:
Damn, I just did the Caverns of time/stratholme. So awesome remembering the mission from warcraft 3 :D

And this time we steamrolled everything, not dying even once! And I am now with 11 emblems. It seems kind of easy to get them, but I won't complain :p

Deadly boss mod, noted. Thanks for all the tips guys, much appreciated :)

I've noticed that you get queued up much faster as DPS just after you dinged to 80. It'll slow down a bit after you get geared up.

And the AN PUG was horrible if they managed to wipe there >_> One of easiest instances in the whole expansion.

Rapstah

Tacitus_ said:
I've noticed that you get queued up much faster as DPS just after you dinged to 80. It'll slow down a bit after you get geared up.

And the AN PUG was horrible if they managed to wipe there >_> One of easiest instances in the whole expansion.
Bad groups revolve around that heroic for some reason, I got kicked while I was a Holy priest for using Shadow Word: Death, even though I explained to them that I only did it to remove Prayer of Mending from me and cause a net gain in health. :/

What's the deal with people still thinking wanding is on the GCD, by the way? Didn't they remove that in 2.2 or some patch really long ago?

CassSept

itxaka said:
Still...6400 gold for a piece of gear :lol After so much auctioneer I only got like 5000g across all my chars.
It's ok, you will get more as you go on. Gold is very easy to get in WotLK. For now you should focus on getting the gear, gems and enchants. Maybe crafts from ToC (chest, wrists). Don't worry about ICC-level items for now.
[quote[Oh yeah, also which tabard should I wear? The only one I got is the Dragonsomething one, and I don't think is really useful :/[/QUOTE]
For a melee dps the best would be wearing Tabard of the Ebon Blade first because it gives you melee dps enchant for shoulders. As said already, you can unlock the faction in Icecrown.
After that I'd recommend either Argent Crusade (tank enchant + cheaper repairs on Argent Tournament vendors) or Kirin Tor (cheaper reapairs on Dalaran vendors). Wyrmrest should come last if you want to grind out the reputation.
Other than these four reputations, Tabards are only cosmetic.

Tacitus_

Rapstah said:
Bad groups revolve around that heroic for some reason, I got kicked while I was a Holy priest for using Shadow Word: Death, even though I explained to them that I only did it to remove Prayer of Mending from me and cause a net gain in health. :/

What's the deal with people still thinking wanding is on the GCD, by the way? Didn't they remove that in 2.2 or some patch really long ago?

Apparently casting something that'll initiate a GCD will put wands on GCD but not vice versa.

^ Head enchant Cass. Shoulders come from PVP or Sons of Hodir or w/e they were called.

Xiaoki

Amir0x said:

Then you had better get the Collector's Edition of FF14 because it comes with an authenticator.

P.S. You're the one with security issues. If you play a highly popular MMO then any flash ad is a potential key logger.

Blizzard should add virtual keyboard button when logging in, just like f2p Runes of Magic did, that would help. And possibly make it somehow that keyloggers can't track whats written or something like that.

itxaka

Defeatist
Holy shit yes.

Lost Reliquary Chestguard
Binds when picked up
Chest Plate
2322 Armor
+121 Strength
+121 Stamina
Durability 165 / 165
Requires Level 80
Item Level 219
Equip: Improves hit rating by 74 (2.26% @ L80).
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 66 (1.44% @ L80).
Sell Price: 14 42 3

Sollerets of Suffering
Binds when picked up
Feet Plate
1596 Armor
+79 Strength
+118 Stamina
Durability 75 / 75
Requires Level 80
Item Level 219
Equip: Increases defense rating by 41 (8.34 @ L80).
Equip: Increases your parry rating by 32 (0.71% @ L80).
Equip: Increases the block value of your shield by 140.
Sell Price: 11 25 60

HUGE upgrade on one dungeon for me. I mistaken thougth the boots were dps, but the tank had like 5k gs so he didn't mind me taking them. Wohooo!

And now i'll stop spamming the thread :D

Meier

Amir0x said:
I'm not buying one of their bullshit authenticators because Blizzard can't get a handle on the assholes fucking with their product.
The authenticator is annoying but if you have an iphone/ipod touch, it's free and worthwhile. I held off and didn't experience any hacking but better safe than sorry. If you don't have one of those, think of it as paying $5 or $6 for a cute lil Corehound Pup.

I have pretty much had no luck getting any significant gear in a few weeks and can't play for another handful of days due to a weird issue with flooding at my apartment building.. hopefully I can manage an NBB or Zod's this week. Their drop rates are supposedly high but I have not had luck.

Got to lvl 14:

In Elwynn Forest, there are very few changes. It looks like itself 100% - Of the few changes I found was that the Defias are now called stuff like generic "Bandit" or "Rogue Wizard"(on the little Island near the Lumbermill). They also added a Flightpath in Goldshire and the Lumbermill and there are a few more houses.

- Hogger got a upgrade is that he now spawns in a area around the same place, but there is a lot of coverage of blood, mutilations and such. He was not difficult, but the gear you get is really niced. The itemization is at the level of the DK starting zone. Everything is perfect in how you scale up... except that some drops like generic chain mail armor, still gives better Armor than the Q reward, but that is quickly elevated as you quickly get stats on the gear.

- No changes to the Mines. Kobolds quest are the same. As are the ones involving murlocs, killing prowlers bears, collecting wood, finding the two missing guards, the love story between the McClure.

The quest involving killing Goldtooth, and retaining the ring, that Billy Mcclure dropped(he has not grown in the last 5 years...) was bugged as Goldtooth didn't spawn in there.

The Princess quest was much better, as Princess was on the Mcclure farm, so it was right besides the quest giver, which was nice. Less running.

I got lvl 10 in under two hours. It was pretty smooth, but the looking for Goldtooth, and the annoying killn the 8 prowlers and 5 bears quest was plain boring. I gave feedback on it too. But they need to scale that down, as the spawn points were not illogical.

Getting the Defias bandanas on the Cairne island, had changed to get the bandages from the generic Rogue Wizards.

There was a quest by the Marshall guy stationed near the bridge to kill a Jack something. A generic lvl 10 or 11. easy pie. He stands generic as a yellow mob in the house.. they could buff him up to be him more interesting. that was a bit to... generic. he drops the "collector" quest that was a very random drop on Live, and it dictates to kill the collector and turn it in, with the Goldshire marshall as usual.

There has been not a single class quest so far from what I have seen for Paladin. neither have I heard about anyone else. Somebody told me that they have removed them, except for those that had something to do with dungeons.

- Visual upgrades? Couldnt see much besides the water. The trees need a facelift, really bad though. I suggested leafs falling off the trees and blowing around in the wind as something that would be cool to make it more alive.

Westfall:

- Pretty cool. You get thrown right into it with Haratio(CSI parody guy) giving you quests. within the first 10 minutes your digging up leads as a detective on murlocs and gnolls for having something to do with the murder of old blanchey the horse(she lays slain under the verry carriage that she carried on her back throughout her life) and the abductions of the owners that owned her(forgot their names).
your also talking to poor peasents - some good anti-war propaganda thrown in, about how stormwind is poor after having run a expenssive war in northrend with the people of westfall suffering and people feeling worse under Varian's rule than when the defias ruled 5 years ago.
The angry peasents who attack you have a puke attack. really awesome. when you kill one, 4 beggar thief children pop up from the grass to loot the corpse on the poor stormwind citizens, refugees and such.

There was still a quest to kill harvest watchers on the second farm. Pretty standard, but afterwards you loot a heart of one of the watchers, you put it in a broken over-energized harvester and then you run around slaughtering them controlling the harvesters. fun and quick when it works(was bugged for me.. used 25 min. autoattacking them.. ugh).

the notorious meat pie ingredients have been scaled down and drop rates have been much improved. it only asks for 3 okra, and some vulture and pork meat which drops 10000 times as fast as currently on Live. it makes the process faster and more involving. you get a cake as a reward, which you are asked to take to their adopted daughter Hope who helps the people in sentinel. upon going there she tells you to take the cake and feed it to all the demonstrating citizens outside sentinel hill demanding to be let inside. pretty fun quest.

Sentinel Hill has got some sweet changes. your asked to kill gnolls at the mine, and do more quests with horatio.

and thats where I have gotten to now...

My feelings on Paladin as of lvl 14: Bloddy brilliant. Epic stuff. you cant heal unless you have holy power, which makes things tricky. you get 1 holy power for a crusader strike, but that runs up in 30 seconds. but healing yourself with 1 holy power is barely a heal. unleashing 1 holy power with templars verdict(lvl 10 retribution starter instant attack) is also weak. but get 3 holy power(max) and you heal yourself almost 100% with almost no mana cast and no CD. its a crazy ass system. its like the most OP thing ever.. but then again, you need to attack something three times in a row, and then pull out a 4th skill before you can even heal yourself.
Its such a different way of thinking.
As of lvl 14 I have no Auras and no Blessings... they will come later, but I much more like this current rotation. Between Templars verdict, crusader strike, judgement, and hammer of justice I felt I had a satisfying amount of buttons to press constantly. combat was faster and more furious. i almost never ran out of mana.

The biggest nerf? it might be because i had no Aura or Blessing of might, but getting attacked by two enmies - or more - made it much harder. it feels like that there is a extra high damage if you get attacked by two. it gets dangerous really quick, and I felt more like a rogue, than the old paladin in terms of vulnerbillity. but i always had 1 or 2 holy power, and then the heal was imminent, but its defintely less forgiving if you fuck up your rotation which is great.
Holy power is IMO the best thing that has ever happened to this class. Im so impressed.

What sucks ass? Exorcism. Get rid of that shit and burn it with fire. First of all, it gives petty damage(have not tried undead target, but who gives a crap about those? seriously.. ), it has an annoying long ass casting time, and its icons and name just does not scream paladin. give it to warlock and do something with it.. I dont see the need for it. Its just waste of skill and I dont like it. Worst skill I have encountered so far. I really hate that skill. I wonder if its the same on live... I should check that. I have a 25 lvl paladin alt on some server I forgot about.

Talents: work great as shit. getting them every 2 level is PERFECT. they are great, just great. some few tweaks here and there. as of my three first talents(one that rises dmg with crusader strike, and healing critical hits) in retribution, I didnt get any mastery? but someone said they were bugged? hmm?

Thats it so far. I still can't get to make a Worgen character. I don't know what's up with that.

Does anyone have any preferences to something they want feedback on? Night elf starting zone and Night elf mage? draenei and blood elf starting zones? pictures of something? Worgen death knights?

Alcoori

Specifically for tanking I use Tauntmaster and Omen.

Omen I think I don't need to explain why, everyone should have it especially crazy DPSer.

For Tauntmaster, it's basically like grid. You have a button for each group/raid member that progressively turns yellow, orange and finally red if the member aggro-ed a mob.
You can bind diverse abilities to the button so that when you click on it (left/right/alt+left and so on) you cast the ability on the mob that aggroed the player.

Doesn't work that well all the time but it's good to make you aware of what's going on. Sometimes it can get a little hectic (HoR I'm looking at you) and it's good to have something that allows you to react quickly.

J-Rzez

Amir0x said:

Eh, it's just that WoW is the most popular so it gets the most attacks by hackers. Now, I do agree that Blizzard should be more proactive when dealing with these guys, find some way to go after them in real life, but that will never happen, they're just too busy working on their next real money mounts and stuff.

Certain cellphones have authenticators available to install on them for free, I don't know what kind of phone and service you have, pending on your location and all, but it's worth a look.

You also have to be ultra careful too on the net and with emails. I never got hacked yet in all my years, just keep your Antivirus and Firewalls up to date and you should be good. I got an authenticator myself lately, just because how annoying it is to wait until you get your stuff back because Blizzard's CS is a joke. From what I understand, you're basically paying for the authenticator's shipping, and they're eating the costs.

I expect them to be shipped with every Cata box type when it launches.

Flib

Alcoori said:
Specifically for tanking I use Tauntmaster and Omen.

Omen I think I don't need to explain why, everyone should have it especially crazy DPSer.

For Tauntmaster, it's basically like grid. You have a button for each group/raid member that progressively turns yellow, orange and finally red if the member aggro-ed a mob.
You can bind diverse abilities to the button so that when you click on it (left/right/alt+left and so on) you cast the ability on the mob that aggroed the player.

Doesn't work that well all the time but it's good to make you aware of what's going on. Sometimes it can get a little hectic (HoR I'm looking at you) and it's good to have something that allows you to react quickly.

Have you tried threat plates?

notworksafe

Amir0x said:

That sucks, but it isn't really Blizzard's security issue. The keylogger or whatever they used is on your computer, not their server. Authenticators are also free for iOS/Android things, but they don't solve the problem. They just make up for using bad security practices. Might be worthwhile to run a malware check/update things before you go to your bank website as well. :lol

Nolimit_SS said:
Blizzard should add virtual keyboard button when logging in, just like f2p Runes of Magic did, that would help. And possibly make it somehow that keyloggers can't track whats written or something like that.
Keyloggers also track mouse movement and clicks. Software keyboards are fake security. They just make you feel better.

Retro

Vigilant Walrus said:
They also added a Flightpath in Goldshire and the Lumbermill and there are a few more houses.

I saw this in some of the screenshots and thought it was just something they added to speed up testing. If that turns out to be a permanent change though, what the fuck? Goldshire to Stormwind is too far to walk now? When I was a Level 10, I walked my ass to Stormwind in the snow, uphill both ways.... damn kids and their Heirlooms and their... spectral horse mounts...
Vigilant Walrus said:
There was a quest by the Marshall guy stationed near the bridge to kill a Jack something. A generic lvl 10 or 11. easy pie. He stands generic as a yellow mob in the house.. they could buff him up to be him more interesting. that was a bit to... generic. he drops the "collector" quest that was a very random drop on Live, and it dictates to kill the collector and turn it in, with the Goldshire marshall as usual.
That sounds like they set the quest that used to start from a random Defias drop, the "Gold Pickup Schedule" to an NPC so people don't miss it. I would imagine the other two in the area (Westfall deed and one other I can't remember) have received the same treatment.
Vigilant Walrus said:
There has been not a single class quest so far from what I have seen for Paladin. neither have I heard about anyone else. Somebody told me that they have removed them, except for those that had something to do with dungeons.
Pretty sure the first Paladin class quest starts in Stormwind, at the cathedral. You have to donate some Linen, I think, and I think that leads you to the Cairn island to learn Rez... they probably cut all of that out so newbies wouldn't accidentally not get Resurrection.
Vigilant Walrus said:
The angry peasents who attack you have a puke attack. really awesome. when you kill one, 4 beggar thief children pop up from the grass to loot the corpse on the poor stormwind citizens, refugees and such.
Hah, maybe there will be a /vomit emote. That's cool with the beggar children looting corpses and the whole "Alliance is bankrupt" story element... makes sense.
Vigilant Walrus said:
What sucks ass? Exorcism. Get rid of that shit and burn it with fire.
Exorcism early on is completely useless except as a pull, but once you get the Art of War talent it becomes sweet, sweet candy... :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I tank with no tanking addons and do a fine job without them. I know how to handle aggro just fine and if somehow i'm losing aggro, the game UI itself tells me "Losing Threat" over mobs heads, or i can just look at the other members portraits and see by myself when they turn yellow or red. Or even just look at the % threat over the monster's portrait i'm currently attacking. The game itself has plenty of tools to help me with aggro without needing some addon.

Then again, i dont raid with my tanks. Might be different in there.

Flib

Well obviously it's more than possible to tank without it, but it's a fantastic addon. It's really nice in raids where loose adds or bosses can mean huge huge trouble, and you already have more positioning issues to worry about.

Tamanon

Banned
I think they might get rid of the class-related quests that give you spells. I mean, I can actually see how a Warrior might make it pretty far without actually finishing the Defensive stance quest and that's kinda required to tank.:lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vigilant Walrus said:
Got to lvl 14:

In Elwynn Forest, there are very few changes. It looks like itself 100% - Of the few changes I found was that the Defias are now called stuff like generic "Bandit" or "Rogue Wizard"(on the little Island near the Lumbermill). They also added a Flightpath in Goldshire and the Lumbermill and there are a few more houses.

- Hogger got a upgrade is that he now spawns in a area around the same place, but there is a lot of coverage of blood, mutilations and such. He was not difficult, but the gear you get is really niced. The itemization is at the level of the DK starting zone. Everything is perfect in how you scale up... except that some drops like generic chain mail armor, still gives better Armor than the Q reward, but that is quickly elevated as you quickly get stats on the gear.

- No changes to the Mines. Kobolds quest are the same. As are the ones involving murlocs, killing prowlers bears, collecting wood, finding the two missing guards, the love story between the McClure.

The quest involving killing Goldtooth, and retaining the ring, that Billy Mcclure dropped(he has not grown in the last 5 years...) was bugged as Goldtooth didn't spawn in there.

The Princess quest was much better, as Princess was on the Mcclure farm, so it was right besides the quest giver, which was nice. Less running.

I got lvl 10 in under two hours. It was pretty smooth, but the looking for Goldtooth, and the annoying killn the 8 prowlers and 5 bears quest was plain boring. I gave feedback on it too. But they need to scale that down, as the spawn points were not illogical.

Getting the Defias bandanas on the Cairne island, had changed to get the bandages from the generic Rogue Wizards.

- Visual upgrades? Couldnt see much besides the water. The trees need a facelift, really bad though. I suggested leafs falling off the trees and blowing around in the wind as something that would be cool to make it more alive.

Westfall:

- Pretty cool. You get thrown right into it with Haratio(CSI parody guy) giving you quests. within the first 10 minutes your digging up leads as a detective on murlocs and gnolls for having something to do with the murder of old blanchey the horse(she lays slain under the verry carriage that she carried on her back throughout her life) and the abductions of the owners that owned her(forgot their names).
your also talking to poor peasents - some good anti-war propaganda thrown in, about how stormwind is poor after having run a expenssive war in northrend with the people of westfall suffering and people feeling worse under Varian's rule than when the defias ruled 5 years ago.

There was still a quest to kill harvest watchers on the second farm. Pretty standard, but afterwards you loot a heart of one of the watchers, you put it in a broken over-energized harvester and then you run around slaughtering them controlling the harvesters. fun and quick when it works(was bugged for me.. used 25 min. autoattacking them.. ugh).

the notorious meat pie ingredients have been scaled down and drop rates have been much improved. it only asks for 3 okra, and some vulture and pork meat which drops 10000 times as fast as currently on Live. it makes the process faster and more involving. you get a cake as a reward, which you are asked to take to their adopted daughter Hope who helps the people in sentinel. upon going there she tells you to take the cake and feed it to all the demonstrating citizens outside sentinel hill demanding to be let inside. pretty fun quest.

Sentinel Hill has got some sweet changes. your asked to kill gnolls at the mine, and do more quests with horatio.

and thats where I have gotten to now...

My feelings on Paladin as of lvl 14: Bloddy brilliant. Epic stuff. you cant heal unless you have holy power, which makes things tricky. you get 1 holy power for a crusader strike, but that runs up in 30 seconds. but healing yourself with 1 holy power is barely a heal. unleashing 1 holy power with templars verdict(lvl 10 retribution starter instant attack) is also weak. but get 3 holy power(max) and you heal yourself almost 100% with almost no mana cast and no CD. its a crazy ass system. its like the most OP thing ever.. but then again, you need to attack something three times in a row, and then pull out a 4th skill before you can even heal yourself.
Its such a different way of thinking.
As of lvl 14 I have no Auras and no Blessings... they will come later, but I much more like this current rotation. Between Templars verdict, crusader strike, judgement, and hammer of justice I felt I had a satisfying amount of buttons to press constantly. combat was faster and more furious. i almost never ran out of mana.

The biggest nerf? it might be because i had no Aura or Blessing of might, but getting attacked by two enmies - or more - made it much harder. it feels like that there is a extra high damage if you get attacked by two. it gets dangerous really quick, and I felt more like a rogue, than the old paladin in terms of vulnerbillity. but i always had 1 or 2 holy power, and then the heal was imminent, but its defintely less forgiving if you fuck up your rotation which is great.
Holy power is IMO the best thing that has ever happened to this class. Im so impressed.

What sucks ass? Exorcism. Get rid of that shit and burn it with fire. First of all, it gives petty damage(have not tried undead target, but who gives a crap about those? seriously.. ), it has an annoying long ass casting time, and its icons and name just does not scream paladin. give it to warlock and do something with it.. I dont see the need for it. Its just waste of skill and I dont like it. Worst skill I have encountered so far. I really hate that skill. I wonder if its the same on live... I should check that. I have a 25 lvl paladin alt on some server I forgot about.

Talents: work great as shit. getting them every 2 level is PERFECT. they are great, just great. some few tweaks here and there. as of my three first talents(one that rises dmg with crusader strike, and healing critical hits) in retribution, I didnt get any mastery? but someone said they were bugged? hmm?

Thats it so far. I still can't get to make a Worgen character. I don't know what's up with that.

Does anyone have any preferences to something they want feedback on? Night elf starting zone and Night elf mage? draenei and blood elf starting zones? pictures of something? Worgen death knights?
The answer to your mastery question is that you don't actually acquire any masteries benefits until you acquire gear that has mastery rating on it, plus you have to be level 75 to train masteries in the first place. That might be a bug though.

Angry Grimace said:
The answer to your mastery question is that you don't actually acquire any masteries benefits until you acquire gear that has mastery rating on it, plus you have to be level 75 to train masteries in the first place. That might be a bug though.

Ahhh thanks mate. Then that's solved.

Calantus said:
Sounds like they copied the shaman mechanic in warhammer online and gave it to the paladin. Awesome

Also, make a dwarf shaman :D

Ok. I just wanted to wait for the new starting areas. TotalBiscuit made a angry video about the petty changes to the Dwarf starting zones... Im also wondering when Gnome starting zone will be implanted.

But I will try one.

Bisnic

Did they even improved Teldrassil? I hate that zone and people never mention what was changed of this zone in the beta. Same for Dun Morough. I know about the Gnomeregan changes, but that's probably only for gnomes.

Bisnic - I flew over Darnassus and couldnt see any changes.. very dissapointing. there is a problem with it... its supposed to be the broken world tree, but it doesnt feel like a tree...

Darnassus always had a problem because it was big and grand, but empty. a city? no.. more like a sanctuary. not a great source of ancient power. it also didnt feel like a place of natures blessing. I loved the Korean shaped buildings and roofs.. but really... Darnassus leaves so much to be desired.

Its no wonder people didn't like to "Hang out" there.

Evlar

Banned
Vigilant Walrus said:
Bisnic - I flew over Darnassus and couldnt see any changes.. very dissapointing. there is a problem with it... its supposed to be the broken world tree, but it doesnt feel like a tree...

Darnassus always had a problem because it was big and grand, but empty. a city? no.. more like a sanctuary. not a great source of ancient power. it also didnt feel like a place of natures blessing. I loved the Korean shaped buildings and roofs.. but really... Darnassus leaves so much to be desired.

Changes to Darnassus are still not in but they are coming. The Worgen faction leader will reside there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vigilant Walrus said:

Nobody "hangs" out in Darnassus because it's in the middle of nowhere.

notworksafe

Evlar said:
Changes to Darnassus are still not in but they are coming. The Worgen faction leader will reside there.
You sure? He's hanging out with Varian now...
97p9pv.jpg

Big version here

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
Nobody "hangs" out in Darnassus because it's in the middle of nowhere.

It's worst with Exodar. :lol At least you have Darnassus if you want to go to Felwood, Winterspring or Ashenvale. What's the point with Exodar once you are over lvl 20 again?

Evlar

Banned
notworksafe said:
You sure? He's hanging out with Varian now...
97p9pv.jpg

Big version here
We know that there will be a Worgen district in Darnassus, and
the Worgen starting questline strongly emphasizes the relationship between the Worgen and Night Elves.
I assume he's standing around SW because the Darnassus changes aren't done yet. It's possible he'll stay in SW, I guess... just a little odd.

(I mean, who really wants to stand that close to Varian?)

Macattk15

How some people get in the beta is beyond me. Come on Blizzard, you've been sucking money from me since Launch, lemme try the new hotness!

And Exodar is the absolute worst city in my opinion. Such a pain in the ass to get around in there, as well as getting in and out with that big stupid ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom