• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW or EQ2

Takuan

Whoa, Iksars look pretty cool. One question though, why are is everything mostly shades of brown and other such drab colours? It makes the game look so much worse than it actually is.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Takuan said:
Whoa, Iksars look pretty cool. One question though, why are is everything mostly shades of brown and other such drab colours? It makes the game look so much worse than it actually is.

The Evil races basically have the Commonlands, which is what remains of that area from EQ1 and it's very desert like. The Good races have Atonica, which is the Qeynos Hills area from EQ1 and it's very green.

Takuan

Ah, I see. They should show off more pics from those zones, then. Well, I'm willing to give any MMO a run as long as it has one race and class I particularly like, except I highly doubt it'll run well at all on my specs (AMD 1.53GHz, 512MB, Ti4200 64MB).

ManaByte

Gold Member
Takuan said:
Ah, I see. They should show off more pics from those zones, then.

060.jpg

007.jpg

013.jpg

shoplifter

Takuan said:
Ah, I see. They should show off more pics from those zones, then. Well, I'm willing to give any MMO a run as long as it has one race and class I particularly like, except I highly doubt it'll run well at all on my specs (AMD 1.53GHz, 512MB, Ti4200 64MB).

Required:

P3 1Ghz
512MB ram
DX9 compatible vidcard with 64MB memory

I can't imagine how shittily it would run with that setup though.

recommended:

P4 2Ghz
1GB ram
DX9 card/128MB

They don't advise turning it on the highest detail unless you have a vidcard with 512MB ram.

Takuan

ManaByte said:
Those still don't look so hot... there's just a blandness to it that detracts from the overall presentation. Also, those armor graphics look downright ugly - the elf in the first pic looks like she's being eaten alive by a flesh-eating virus.

shoplifter said:
recommended:

P4 2Ghz
1GB ram
DX9 card/128MB

They don't advise turning it on the highest detail unless you have a vidcard with 512MB ram.
:lol TakuOWNED.

nubbe

Screenshots don’t make EQ2 justice, the races and art dose look good. But for some reason filters and effects don’t apply to screenshots.
When you are in the game there is more of a “dreamy” fantasy feel to everything.

There are wide varieties of areas. The starting areas for Freeport (evil) races are cold and abused so to speak... deserts and slimy sewers. But as you progress you’ll go on an ancient forest and such which is cool. Qeynos (good) people start in green and flourishing areas, they have a much warmer feeling to everything. Kind of cliché but its nice.
Overall there is a wide spectrum of environments and appropriate monsters and content.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just did Blackburrow. It didn't go too well since it is a bit higher level than the original game. Zone is pretty cool so far (we only did one small tunnel), but the whole thing has this awesome Native American flute music playing. Very very cool.

EQ2_000019.jpg

EQ2_000015.jpg

EQ2_000021.jpg

SaitoH

I'm really looking forward to trying EQ2 after I play WoW for 6 months, or so. I have a friend who was in beta and has done nothing but gush about the game. Can't say I'm a fan of the look, but from a technical standpoint, it's downright spiffy.

Too many games to play ... too many games ...

firex

yeah, i think when I get burned out on WOW and wait for the inevitable expansion that includes hero classes and player housing and stuff, i'll go give EQ2 a try. by then I think it will have improved more and the game looks decently solid, just not entirely appealing to me yet.

Top Bottom