• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lamb |OT| A Binding of Isaac Expansion

Flynn

I wish this game would give you a description of everything you pick up. It's pretty off-putting for a newish player like me to have to constantly tab to a wiki when I pick up an item to see what the fuck it does.

Dude. Half the fun is picking up some shit that you have no idea what it does (or forgot) and debating when to pull the trigger.

Joe Molotov

v1.333 just released. Brimstone got nerfed.

j/k Not sure what it changes yet, I don't see any patch notes. Probably just more bug squashing.

Joe Molotov

The only thing notable that I noticed was that Greed now appears properly (instead of an empty item room). So yay, more Greed, I guess.

And I got Guppy and beat Isaac for the first time with Eve, wee, cheevo get!

So this is what freedom feels like.

2B8CW.jpg

v1.333 patch notes from Edmund:

Tiny Update Notes:
Content-
-Full soundtrack has been updated also adding 3 new tracks!
Bugs/fixes-
-Invincibility bug fixed.
-Empty greed rooms fixed
-Ghost baby fixed
-Secret alt boss unlock fixed
beep boop <3

Gaaaah. Finishing The Cathedral with Julius is turning out to be quite the chore. The decreased odds of finding a health drop are really killing my hopes, here.

I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with the changes in balance introduced in this expansion, but I'm probably just mad 'cos I'm getting my arse handed to me.

Question regarding the Golden God and Platinum God achievements, do you need to actually pick up the items or is unlocking them and making them available enough?

Joe Molotov

Question regarding the Golden God and Platinum God achievements, do you need to actually pick up the items or is unlocking them and making them available enough?

You have to pick them up. But Edmund said after the last patch that Platinum God is tied to Secrets now (i.e. achievements). I'm not sure if he meant you need all the items and secrets or just the secrets, but apparently just having all the items isn't enough.

You have to pick them up. But Edmund said after the last patch that Platinum God is tied to Secrets now (i.e. achievements). I'm not sure if he meant you need all the items and secrets or just the secrets, but apparently just having all the items isn't enough.

That's what I figured. I've got those two left, four for finishing The Chest, and the one for fighting Steven. Can't believe I haven't encountered him yet.

Damn you people. I can't even beat the Cellar levels. :( I beat the game twice before the WOTL but after, I get my ass handed to me. I've died on the very first boss countless times.

Wish I sucked less.

2nd boss is 2 champion monstros?! Fuck that.

Deques

how do you unlock polaroid? the wiki says beat the cathedral a certain amount of times. but i have beaten the cathedral 5 times now

edit: nvm, the wiki now says six times

Joe Molotov

I got Daddy's Love for the first time. I'd never checked the Wiki to see what it did, so it was a pretty cool surprise. :)

Trying to beat it with Blue Baby (I REALLY want that D6) and I've met nothing but rage. My best shot so far was a run where I grabbed Brimstone, but I forget how I messed it up.

Worst was when I came across a devil room offering Brimstone and the Nail and I only had two soul hearts...

but I will soldier on.

Noi

Is this for real? My secrets got bugged and stopped unlocking during the second WotL patch, but I kept on trucking because the items and achievements still kept getting unlocked anyway. Never found a workaround for it either.

Deques

Is this for real? My secrets got bugged and stopped unlocking during the second WotL patch, but I kept on trucking because the items and achievements still kept getting unlocked anyway. Never found a workaround for it either.

The secrets are unlocked, just not showing they are unlocked. If you check your stats you'll see that you have secrets unlocked.

Noi

The secrets are unlocked, just not showing they are unlocked. If you check your stats you'll see that you have secrets unlocked.

Too late to check right now, but the number of secrets unlocked at the stats page never moved at all for me after it bugged up. I'll re-check in the morning and compare that to how many achievements I've unlocked, but I've had no secret pop ups since forever, though the items still show up in the basement afterward and I get the achievement for them after I reboot the game.

Deques

Too late to check right now, but the number of secrets unlocked at the stats page never moved at all for me after it bugged up. I'll re-check in the morning and compare that to how many achievements I've unlocked, but I've had no secret pop ups since forever, though the items still show up in the basement afterward and I get the achievement for them after I reboot the game.

It's same for me. Ever since the release of WotL I haven't gotten any secrets pop up. But I get achievements each time I restart the game

Toppot

To fix the secrets you have to delete the so.sol file, just make sure you load the game so that a temporary save file is made. Then close the game. Then go to (I think both) of these locations and delete the so.sol (PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!)

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\<random string>\localhost\so.sol

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\the binding of isaac\

Then open isaac again and unlock messages will start showing again from now on. If you go into your status you can scroll through all the secrets you have already unlocked.

Thats for Windows anyway, I dunno about Mac.

BigAT

Have any of you guys played Spelunky yet? I thought it looks pretty good and was thinking of picking it up, but Isaac is really the only Roguelike I've ever played so I was wondering what BoI fans thought about it.

From Edmund:

update v1.4 is now live.
change log:
-a shit ton of alt bosses added! enjoy!
-Polaroid is now rewarded by playing really well!
-Credits have been fully updated!
bug fixes:
-xl maps generating blocked off portions of the map is fixed
-horsemen secret is now unlockable again, platinum god should be attainable again.
-knights ai fixed
-Psy baby fixed
-greed heads slightly nerfed
-chocolate milk tweaked
-Samson slightly buffed
-tons of other little fixes here and there.

Noi

To fix the secrets you have to delete the so.sol file, just make sure you load the game so that a temporary save file is made. Then close the game. Then go to (I think both) of these locations and delete the so.sol (PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!)

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\<random string>\localhost\so.sol

Then open isaac again and unlock messages will start showing again from now on. If you go into your status you can scroll through all the secrets you have already unlocked.

Yes, this worked. Thank you! Now I can keep playing without having that worry nagging at me.

Also, Samson got buffed again? Polaroid is more common? Excellent, I was starting to get incredibly annoyed at the game while going for the Samson chest.

Edit: Do you guys think it's harder or easier to go for a Dark Boy run with Wrath of the Lamb installed? Some of the new items really help, but then there's the new rooms and bosses... I might actually back up everything and go for a Vanilla run for it instead.

Have any of you guys played Spelunky yet? I thought it looks pretty good and was thinking of picking it up, but Isaac is really the only Roguelike I've ever played so I was wondering what BoI fans thought about it.

I love it but I don't think it's quite as challenging as Isaac. I played the original PC game back around when it came out, finished it, and moved on. Now that it's on XBLA I'm going through it again and it feels more challenging than the original did. But as I said it's been so long since I played the original maybe I'm just remembering it wrong. Anyway, it's definitely worth playing. Especially if you're looking for another roguelike experience.

Noi

While it was a failed run, the furthest I'd gotten down with Samson before was to Utero without the Polaroid. That buff in shot speed at the beginning makes a huge difference...

That said, running through all of Utero, Cathedral and Chest with just one heart was pretty damn exhilarating. Would love to get down here with more leeway though, heh.

Edmund says 1.4 is the final content patch for Isaac. Even if he wanted to add more content, he can't. He says the flash file is literally packed to the limit and can't take on anymore data.

Once he squashes the bugs created by 1.4, that'll probably wrap it up.

Deques

Seems to work for me as well.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Loving this DLC, I can't seem to get past the Cathedral to save my life though. I've come to the conclusion that while I have fun with this game most of the time, I'll never be any good at it.

Joe Molotov

I don't know if he tweaked the drop rate of good items in this latest patch, but after going for like a month with nothing but crappy runs where I could barely get out of the Womb with Samson, I had three successful runs in the past 24 hours (and got Epic Fetus twice after having not seen it at all forever); beat the Chest and Sheol with Samson and beat the Chest with ???.

Top Bottom