• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I mistaken in remembering the DX song debuting at the end of a PPV back in the day? Which one?

I remember hearing it and watching what was essentially the jumbotron footage with my mouth wide and thinking how fucking cool that was.

Now that I have the WWE network, I'd like to check that out. I see there's an in your house: degeneration x, but I can't imagine it closing out that show... So did it close out the screwjob?

I think they debuted the theme on Raw in November. Maybe right after the Screwjob. By the time In Your House: DX aired, the gimmick was established.

Hasney

first thing that comes to mind

PCHVs3U.jpg

That's the joke

Oh my God Roman STRAIGHTEN YOUR FUCKING LEGS OUT! You look like you hit a wall and crumpled. Dude has a spear that is only saved from being the worst ever by how bad Edge's spear was. Seriously...I dont care if they gotta learn to bump. Its a tackle. You go in and you kick your legs out straight when you hit. Even if they dont fly far from it at the very least it allows the impact to look like you launched yourself as hard as you could at them by kicking your body out fully. Just think of it as hard selling a gut tackle in the turnpost. Not like kicking the legs out is a hard landing to take. You fall like you did a splash.

Literally one of the first things you learn when you train to wrestle is splay your limbs out to make your moves look bigger. Its why you spread out so far when doing basic shit like holding a dude on the ground in a headlock. Limbs spread out...move looks big. You hit tucked in a ball and you go over like a pile of shit.

Swear some dudes never learned how to make their own spots look good and have to rely on super bumpers to sell for em out there.

Roman knows how to hit a good spear. In The Shield days, he hit some of the dopest spears this side of Goldberg. He mistimed that one and jumped too close to Big Show, but his spear is usually alright most of the time. They aren't as good as when he was in The Shield, probably because he's trying to spare himself the harshness of the bump or had to tone it down after that injury he had, but he's got a good spear most of the time.

UiOTpQP.png

17 - Austin vs. Rock - 5/5
20 - Benoit vs. Triple H vs. HBK - 5/5
30 - Bryan vs. Orton vs. Batista - 4.5/5
6 - Warrior vs. Hogan - 4/5
26 - HBK vs. Undertaker - 4/5

14 - Austin vs. HBK 3.5/5
12 - Bret Hart vs. HBK - 3.5/5
19 - Angle vs. Lesnar - 3.5/5

3 - Hogan vs. Andre - 3/5
7 - Hogan vs. Slaughter - 3/5
5 - Hogan vs. Savage - 3/5
15 - Austin vs. Rock - 3/5
24 - Edge vs. Undertaker 3/5

4 - Savage vs. DiBiase - 2.5/5
1 - Hogan/Mr. T vs. Piper Orndorff - 2.5/5
21 - HHH vs. Batista - 2.5/5
22 - HHH vs. Cena - 2.5/5
23 - HBK vs. Cena 2.5/5
10 - Yokozuna vs. Bret 2.5/5

16 - HHH vs. Rock vs. Foley vs. Big Show 2/5
31 - Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Rollins - 2/5
18 - HHH vs. Jericho - 2/5
13 - Sid vs. Undertaker - 2/5

2 - Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy - 1.5/5
11 - Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow 1.5/5

8 - Hogan vs. Sid - 0.5/5

9 - Hogan vs. Yokozuna - 0/5
28 - Rock vs. Cena - 0/5
29 - Rock vs. Cena - 0/5
27 - Cena vs. Miz - 0/5
25 - Triple H vs. Orton 0/5

Notes:

-Don't get so caught up on what should main event Mania. It's rare that the stars align for a good story or opponents, and sometimes when they do it doesn't guarantee a good match.

-Hogan fuckery is much more tolerable to me than matches that are 30 minutes just because and end up having the only significant action in the last 5 minutes which consists solely of finisher kickouts, reversals and so on.

-Cena's not even in the same tier as Hogan. Hogan's character works well against basically all of his opponents. Even if the matches suck you get a basic sense of conflict. With Cena, I'm always wondering why he even has a problem with his opponent.

-In the 0/5 tier, Hogan/Yokozuna is the least terrible because it's not a waste of time.

-I should have watched Starrcade.

You know it's going to happen though. If that spot doesn't happen, there's going to be 100k pissed people inside a single stadium.

What else is Shane known for?

shane-mcmahon.jpg

Maybe he'll get to the top of the Cell and tell Vince he can get the WWE Network into China and Vince will just cede RAW to him.

Jopie

Do you think when Bret Hart calls this the worst Wrestlemania card of all time that he is intentionally forgetting Wrestlemania 9 and 11? Or is this simply his rose colored glasses making the good old days seem so much better.

I would rather watch 12 hour marathons of TNA with special commentary added by Michael Cole, Art Donovan, and sleepy Bob Caudle than watch any single match from those two shows, Brett's matches included.

3Sixty

Interesting to see the betting markets.

Seem very active. Sami was 1/5 for the IC match yesterday but Zack Ryder is now as short as 1/6. Can't imagine them putting the belt on him but...

Jericho is 1/6 to go over At too.

Hasney

Do you think when Bret Hart calls this the worst Wrestlemania card of all time that he is intentionally forgetting Wrestlemania 9 and 11? Or is this simply his rose colored glasses making the good old days seem so much better.

I would rather watch 12 hour marathons of TNA with special commentary added by Michael Cole, Art Donovan, and sleepy Bob Caudle than watch any single match from those two shows, Brett's matches included.

To be fair, he's probably blocked 9 from memory.

Taking the card as a whole, I do feel better going into this one then I did 28 or 29. Ladder match, Street fight, HIAC and AJ/Jericho should at least have some entertaining spots.
Interesting to see the betting markets.

Seem very active. Sami was 1/5 for the IC match yesterday but Zack Ryder is now as short as 1/6. Can't imagine them putting the belt on him but...

Jericho is 1/6 to go over At too.

Shane McMahons odds keep shortening. Undertakers odds going like Reigns last year where he was clear favourite and just kept drifting until an hour before where he was a long shot.

3Sixty

Shane McMahons odds keep shortening. Undertakers odds going like Reigns last year where he was clear favourite and just kept drifting until an hour before where he was a long shot.

One of my shops took a decent amount on Taker.

Samoa Joe is an interesting price for the Battle Royal.

Farsi

HAPPY VINCE DAY

tumblr_n0k4lddjZh1t0ik4co1_400.gif

To WrestleGAF, and the rest of the geeks who cheer for the 46 year old egomaniac over the vibrant young Roman Reigns who is the future of this company. Here's to ya.

tumblr_n8m6wbDWUE1sodzggo1_500.gif

UberTag

Any self-respecting wrestling fan throwing a Mania party today ought to make Zayn vs. Nakamura their WrestleMania kickoff match.

Kornflayx

HAPPY VINCE DAY

tumblr_n0k4lddjZh1t0ik4co1_400.gif

To WrestleGAF, and the rest of the geeks who cheer for the 46 year old egomaniac over the vibrant young Roman Reigns who is the future of this company. Here's to ya.

tumblr_n8m6wbDWUE1sodzggo1_500.gif

What a bleak and sad future that would be. You know who the real future is?

VvoFoOU.gif

Hasney

Sportsbet (Aus betting site) have Zack Ryder as the favorite to win @ 1.36

Slightly longer odds (1), but favourite over here too. If it happens, I'd almost guess it;'s for him to be destroyed by someone coming up from NXT on Monday.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It’s fair to say that Hart believes creative ‘cannot come up with something original’ and is also blaming the WWE hierarchy for ‘force feeding’ Reigns to fans.

“As for the rest of the card I noticed that the tag titles are not on the line and it’s a 4 on 3 handicap match?! Give me a break! Whatever happened to good old fashioned straight up tag team wrestling?
Pick one Bret

Lum1n3s

Any self-respecting wrestling fan throwing a Mania party today ought to make Zayn vs. Nakamura their WrestleMania kickoff match.
Why would I want to have all my expectations hyped up to that level for Wrestlemania? That match deserves to be saved as a nice dessert or in case Wrestlemania sucks you can wash that bad taste out with a 6/5 star match.

UberTag

Why would I want to have all my expectations hyped up to that level for Wrestlemania? That match deserves to be saved as a nice dessert or in case Wrestlemania sucks you can wash that bad taste out with a 6/5 star match.
I understand that logic but let's be real here. If Mania is a shit show, your disappointed audience isn't going to want to hang around to see a couple "indy guys" blow their minds. Plus, that's a 6-hour slog of an event to begin with. They're going to want to bail regardless of whether Mania disappoints or impresses.

That's why you've got to roll out Nakamura vs. Zayn early. Ideally before the pre-show or in place of some of the forgettable matches running during it (like the Usos vs. the Dudleys and Ryback vs. Kalisto).

I am still happy I made this bet a few days...

GDryyCbl.png

Dark Souls 3 is waiting for me if it comes in! I'd be amazed if he did not happen.

I think they debuted the theme on Raw in November. Maybe right after the Screwjob. By the time In Your House: DX aired, the gimmick was established.
I don't mean coming down to the entrance. I remember it came up at the very end of a ppv, with no context, as sort of a prelude of what was to come. It just had the green wave bouncing to the music and maybe some silhouetted footage of riot police or something? And then it just ended. And THEN they started coming down as DX.

But maybe that was an end of Raw, you're saying? Hmmm.

Edit: If I remember right, they used to always do promo spots for new superstars at the end of their ppvs to hype up their arrival. Because that's what I was wondering after seeing that. "Who/what is this supposed to be?"

TraBuch

Banned
Power in my neighborhood has been out for almost 12 hours now and there's no estimated time when the power company will get it restored. I could potentially miss Wrestlemania.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom