• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

Happy Sashamania Day everyone!

tumblr_nvkpydKtqP1rohh3go1_500.gif

To you as well

Trojan X

Banned
A question that can only be answered by people that attended Wrestlemania and the Olympic Games or something near similar in scale.

I just wanted to get an idea of what the audience sounds like at Wrestlemania. When I went to the Olympics, everything sounded distinctive like a Coliseum when the audience screamed, chant and everything. Does Wrestlemania sound the same as the Olympics or does it sound like any other arena? If it does sound like the Olympics then I completely understand why wrestlers said they freak out when they hear the crowd every time they go and perform at Wrestlemania.

Cindro

The cheapest way to watch this is on the Network, right? I cancelled my subscription after last year's Wrestlemania, but I'm interested in getting a single dose of WWE in my life each year for Wrestlemania.

Is it still $9.99? Kind of steep for me since this is the only thing I'll watch for the month subscription.

Are there any current promotions or discounts going on?

A question that can only be answered by people that attended Wrestlemania and the Olympic Games or something near similar in scale.

I just wanted to get an idea of what the audience sounds like at Wrestlemania. When I went to the Olympics, everything sounded distinctive like a Coliseum when the audience screamed, chant and everything. Does Wrestlemania sound the same as the Olympics or does it sound like any other arena? If it does sound like the Olympics then I completely understand why wrestlers said they freak out when they hear the crowd every time they go and perform at Wrestlemania.

When I went in the Superdome it sounded the same as Saints games. If you've ever been to a domed NFL stadium it sounds the same. Unsure of what it sounds like outdoors.

Liamc723

The cheapest way to watch this is on the Network, right? I cancelled my subscription after last year's Wrestlemania, but I'm interested in getting a single dose of WWE in my life each year for Wrestlemania.

Is it still $9.99? Kind of steep for me since this is the only thing I'll watch for the month subscription.

Or just set up a new account and get it for free.

Zach

I mean, I'm not one to judge someone's financial situation, but ten bucks for Mania (plus a month of anything else on the Network if you decide hey, why not?) is crazy inexpensive. If you're second guessing the affordability, just save your tenner.

RBH

If you sign up with a new email address, you get your first month of the WWE Network for free right now, and you can cancel afterwards.

Trojan X

Banned
When I went in the Superdome it sounded the same as Saints games. If you've ever been to a domed NFL stadium it sounds the same. Unsure of what it sounds like outdoors.

I've never been, I'm afraid. I've been to London 2012 Olympics Games for the 100 and 400 meters finals and it sounded like the Colosseum scene in the movie Gladiator. It was insanely bewildering and shocking when I experienced that sound for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmlYKiLBHI

Can you reference me to any sound recordings to the games you mentioned?

mreddie

I mean, I'm not one to judge someone's financial situation, but ten bucks for Mania (plus a month of anything else on the Network if you decide hey, why not?) is crazy inexpensive. If you're second guessing the affordability, just save your tenner.

I think some people don't want to pay for a product they don't agree with...but then NXT.

Zach

Can you keep using the same credit card, as long as you're using a new email address? Crazy if they're not monitoring stuff like that.

Zach

I think some people don't want to pay for a product they don't agree with...but then NXT.
There must be something they agree with and are entertained by, even if it's a mess. I mean, why else would someone spend hours of their life watching something with absolutely no redeemable qualities?

I've never been, I'm afraid. I've been to London 2012 Olympics Games for the 100 and 400 meters finals and it sounded like the Colosseum scene in the movie Gladiator. It was insanely bewildering and shocking when I experienced that sound for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmlYKiLBHI

Can you reference me to any sound recordings to the games you mentioned?

Yeah, it's about like that. Superdome is known as one of the louder stadiums though because it has acoustics suited for that kind of thing. Plus that was Daniel Bryan year so everyone was going nuts anyone.

It's hard to get a recording of what it actually sounds like in there but its something like this: https://youtu.be/9x27XihYBd4?t=33

Super excited for the Divas triple threat, Ambrose/Lesnar Street Fight and the Hell in a Cell match.

6 man IC match should be fun too.

Trojan X

Banned
Yeah, it's about like that. Superdome is known as one of the louder stadiums though because it has acoustics suited for that kind of thing. Plus that was Daniel Bryan year so everyone was going nuts anyone.

It's hard to get a recording of what it actually sounds like in there but its something like this: https://youtu.be/9x27XihYBd4?t=33

Fuck! Enjoy yourself, everyone. I completely understand why wrestlers and 1st timers will completely freak out at every Wrestlemania.

DMczaf

The story about WWE/Okada is still pretty damn hilarious.

People within WWE didn't give a shit about him until very recently when they "found out" he's actually 6'3 and got thirsty as fuck for him...but then he re-signed with NJPW.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Subbin cuz I'm gonna be watching. Lapsed/Casual/Returning wrestling fan anticipating a shit show, especially after NXT Takeover Dallas.

mreddie

As bad as WWE can get, it's really hard to justify not signing up for the Network.
Especially when you can exploit the free first month continuously

Thank you, brother.

I didn't see the review of 30/31. I know both Cena/Rock matches were piss.

Barrage

I could do the Free First month on loop (and theres been times in my life when ive been broke enough where that woulda been mt only option) but nah, im happy giving them my money. The Network is great, and if people stop subbing the first thing theyll do is cut down on moneylosers like NXT. I do not want that.

Zach

they probably know, but they don't care because people keep giving them money, including people in this thread who complain about WWE all the time.
Are there people who solely complain? Can one not enjoy some things and dislike others? What WWE offers is vast -- specifically in regards to the WWE Network.

I didn't see the review of 30/31. I know both Cena/Rock matches were piss.

I skipped out on a review for those since they were so recent and I've been talking about them somewhat already. As for Cena/Rock there's only so many times I can use the monkey pissing in his mouth video to sub for my review.

imBask

Banned
Are there people who solely complain? Can one not enjoy some things and dislike others? What WWE offers is vast -- specifically in regards to the WWE Network.

heh sure, but then i'd rather just pay $5 to get NXT alone, and tell them "hey, I love NXT"

I was hanging out at the NXT ring for Axxess this morning. The Vaudevillains had match, Peyton and What's her name Morgan had a match, some German guy and Austin Aries had a match. Hacksaw Jim Duggan did a Q and A and was very affable. So they have another match and Blake comes out, making my daughter hide and cover her ears due to the wubs.

Who is he wrestling?

He is wrestling SHINSUKE FUCKING NAKAMURA. I didn't even know at first because I had barely paid attention to his theme at Takeover trying to see him and it was not even in the possibility space that Nak would be doing a match at Axxess.

But he did. Just out of nowhere, and I was there like twenty feet away. I said wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom