• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wish LAW would stop calling it "strange" because they don't want to say "bad"

Stephanie looked gorgeous, so I suppose that was a highlight. Had to laugh at her in pain on the ground and barely managing to raise up a sledgehammer to HHH.

Women's match was best, surprised at the outcome since I doubt Sasha would have it bagged (this coming from someone who wanted Becky to win). I can only guess that either Sasha or Becky feuds with Charlotte, and the other who doesn't feuds with Bayley who debuts on Raw given her loss at Takeover.

thefro

Women's match and IC match were both good. Brock vs Dean was incredibly underwhelming. Y2J vs AJ seemed like a typical Raw bout, as did League of Nations vs New Day. Undertaker vs Shane was a shitshow, aside from Shane's suicide leap. Battle royal... lol. HHH vs Roman was boring as fuck.

Congrats to Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky for match of the night.

My big issues with the show were:
- Way too fucking long/bad pacing
- Didn't feel like the end of any feuds/storylines except maybe the big three matches (which was Ambrose not looking strong, match that shouldn't have happened, lol Reigns)
- Bad booking with who won/lost. Jericho beat Styles. League of Nations/New Day all got beat up like jobbers. Ambrose didn't put up a quarter of the fight Shane did against Taker against Lesnar. Sasha lost (probably to set up a 1 on 1 later). I actually liked Corbin winning the Battle Royal, but who knows where they go with that. Wyatts looked like geeks. Lol booo Reigns.

Agreed that the ladder match & women's title match were the legit matches on the show.

That was a disaster in my eyes.

Charlotte winning leaves me shocked. I don't get it.

And why did all the old guys makes the young guys look so foolish?

Luschient

Due to strep, I watched the show through a painkiller-induced haze. I'm hoping most of what I saw were just hallucinations.

EhoaVash

I haven't really been following raw since last summer, used to follow wrestling religiously but stopped few years ago like back in 2009, only come back for mania and night after, anyway

I really liked the first part of the show.

enjoyed the ladder match, y2J vs Aj was good to, woman's match was surprisingly good.
the new day match was alright, not good but not that bad and the ending was cool with the legends coming down. A lot of these wrestler's I watched for the first time tonight which was pretty cool like all 3 woman wrestlers, sami zyan (?)

Taker vs shane started out really ..boring..during this match i had lots of stream hiccups, hiccups didn't stop until the part where they went outside the cell....that last few parts were good but even with the hiccups the first part felt boring....

after that I just really toned out of mania....the rest of the show felt soooo boring especially that battle royal. and the rock segment along with the final match where I was too busy looking at my phone. Show was really good ...but man it felt soo long, ..roman vs HHH was so boring. and i just wanted it to finish so i can go to sleep.

I am somewhat smugly happy that the women's match was the best match of the night. I mean, I know there was one match in competition, but still it's pretty great.

StoopKid

punk_was_right_zpsgx37bal4.png

Every year lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought this was an okay Mania. I don't think it was as bad as people were saying. Only problems I had with it were the weird booking decisions on who went over. AJ, New Day, Sasha/Becky, and probably one more or two that I have forgotten since. Just a strange night.

At least Zack Ryder got his WrestleMania moment and celebrated with his dad. Feel good moment right there.

The problem was that the matches were bad or boring and nothing was really surprising other than the person who got pinned. That's not interesting.

v0yce

I still can't believe they had AJ lose. I just really don't understand the thinking there.

They've steadily deflated AJ's arrival by locking him up with a sluggish Y2J. I don't know how this is supposed to be good for anyone involved.

Trakdown

So it's been a while (probably since Money In The Bank 2011) since I watched a WWE PPV...are they all big, sloppy blowjobs to the Attitude Era? Because my christ...

I'm surprised people are shitting on the main event. It was exactly the kind of match you would expect between Roman Reigns and HHH, logically, it was paced correctly, HHH looked great throughout, Roman Reigns does a good babyface-in-peril despite the flaws of his character and booking outside the ring. Other than the very abrupt, slapped-together ending, it was shaping up to be a fine, fine match, not the best WM main event but better than plenty others.

Also why in the hell was the Battle Royal on second last (or third, if you count Rock's pitiful record-setter)? I thought all through it that there had to be something big but there wasn't, just fucking Shaq.

KingBroly

Banned
3.5/10

+ Zack Ryder winning
+ Ladder Match in general
+ Booty O's
+ Stephanie
+ Shane's spot
+ Battle Royal wasn't total shit
- Bad Endings: Women's Title, Street Fight, Tag Match
- Reigns/Hunter was awful
- Undertaker/Shane was awful
- - Jericho should not have won

The negatives are a lot bigger since the bad endings just continued to kill the crowd.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Zack Ryder winning was the best moment of Wrestlemania. Fuck.

Booty-os entrance, Women's triple threat, and Shane's suicide dive was good too. Otherwise that's pretty much it for cool moments this year.

The women's triple threat match still wasn't exactly best ppv match ever, but it was literally the only one that felt like more than a normal raw match.

Bubba T

I think it's great that they stopped calling the women Divas and call them superstars. It was almost like Cole went out of his way to say it. The women's division in NXT really had/has an impact.

I'm surprised people are shitting on the main event. It was exactly the kind of match you would expect between Roman Reigns and HHH, logically, it was paced correctly, HHH looked great throughout, Roman Reigns does a good babyface-in-peril despite the flaws of his character and booking outside the ring. Other than the very abrupt, slapped-together ending, it was shaping up to be a fine, fine match, not the best WM main event but better than plenty others.

I think it was just the length of the show overall. After 2 hours of preshow and 4 hours of regular show, having a regular ass match in overtime is just pushing it.

EhoaVash

one thing though. this mania felt really...less grand than the previous year 31,

not a lot of cool interesting entrances, no spectacles like last year where a lot of the wrestlers had cool stuff like russev with his tank, sting with the drum people, the terminator entrance, the bray wyatt zombie one etc. it was all cool and awesome.

this year hardly anyone got a cool entrance. the stage looked less impressive, it felt very less grand and like they had a budget

Jaxec

I feel like I'll have to watch that match every day for a week to recover from that 5 hour shit show we just saw.

I'm literally watching the Nakamura match now and just his entrance has washed the bad taste of Wrestlemania out of my month.

Pumped Zack won, have to admit I thought the match would mostly be centered around Zayn and Owens. Now this gives the title to someone else and they can have a great feud to focus on now.

AJ and Jericho feud better be over. It's pitiful that they gave AJ terrible booking, with no build-up.

Amiibro

I know everyone will talk about the Shane spot but how goddamn dumb was that and it just shows how hypocritical this company is...

Oh we can't do piledrivers and Rollins has to give up the curb stomp but a 46 yr old. can put himself through a table from the HIAC roof.

Fuck off.

I think it stood out to me that they let the women do some pretty risky moves yet they make smaller guys drop their "high risk" finishers and moves for something safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom