• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the funniest things from tonight is that Bray Wyatt is about to feud with Lesnar and they killed that motherfucker dead tonight. Like absolutely dead.

The thing with Reigns is that based on his mannerisms he would actually make a really good, cocky as hell heel. I bet you he's been requesting the turn for quite some time now. It sucks that he has been denied the chance to really shine as a heel.

EVERY MATCH WAS GOOD OR GREAT

BUT MY FAV DIDNT WIN

IM NOT A MARK IM JUST UPSET

THOSE ARENT TEARS THATS WORKRATE JUICE
tumblr_nxq042n10d1ul39mco1_400.gif

Kaiterra

Banned
I'm surprised people are shitting on the main event. It was exactly the kind of match you would expect between Roman Reigns and HHH, logically, it was paced correctly, HHH looked great throughout, Roman Reigns does a good babyface-in-peril despite the flaws of his character and booking outside the ring. Other than the very abrupt, slapped-together ending, it was shaping up to be a fine, fine match, not the best WM main event but better than plenty others.

You answered your own question.

red capsule

The women's triple threat match was the highlight of mania for me. I legitimately almost teared up as to how great it was compared to everything else that happened.

They make the most money from live events tho right? Besides I like NXT so voting with my wallet doesn't really do much here because that would just make NXT bad.

The most profitable part of WWE's business is its cable deal. The only people that can really hurt them are Neilsen households.

One of the funniest things from tonight is that Bray Wyatt is about to feud with Lesnar and they killed that motherfucker dead tonight. Like absolutely dead.
One hell of a mess. First I'm thinking Rock is trying to get a face turn out of him, then he buries him, and after that both he and Cena bury him.

ReiGun

I just wanna know what goes on in Vince's head.

This is Wrestlemania. Maybe the one event that lapsed fans like myself actually tune in. Lots of people signing up for WWE Network just to watch tonight - as we see in this thread - but could maybe be swayed to keep tuning in and give you more money.

And you deliver a show that does nothing but bore and upset fans. Even I could tell that people like Sasha Banks and New Day were more over with the crowd. And the hate for Reigns was PALPABLE. And yet, you do nothing to show you care about what fans want. Crazy.

There were two good matches on this card. This wasn't a "why can't you just stop being a smark and enjoy something for once" this was "even with my brain taking a vacation it called from Hawaii and was like what the fuck is your problem this is shit and completely unfun"

Toki767

The thing with Reigns is that based on his mannerisms he would actually make a really good, cocky as hell heel. I bet you he's been requesting the turn for quite some time now. It sucks that he has been denied the chance to really shine as a heel.

From his interviews, he isn't requesting anything. He shows up to work and does whatever he's told.

Karsha

I will never understand the logic "guy that I want to win loses= bad ending" . None of the matches tonight had bad endings no matter how much you cry.

The women's triple threat match was the highlight of mania for me. I legitimately almost teared up as to how great it was compared to everything else that happened.

Absolutely. Loved everything about it (even though I disagree with the finish). The presentation was superb and the match delivered on it.

It was what a WM match should be really. All the hype and build resulting in a great match with heat and a grand presentation.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ugh.

+ Good
- Bad
= Meh

= Ryback vs. Kalisto
= Total Divas vs. Bad and Blonde
+ Intercontinental 6 man Ladder Match
= Jericho vs. AJ
+ New Day's Entrance
= League of Nations vs. New Day
++ HBK, Stone Cold and Foley appearance
+ Ambrose vs. Lesnar
+ Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch
= Shane McMahon vs. Undertaker
= Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale
+ Shaq being in ARMBAR
- Mark Henry not winning
- Baron Corbin winning
-- Rock Segment
= Rock / Cena vs. Wyatt
= HHH vs. Reigns
------------------------------ Reigns winning the title

Absolutely. Loved everything about it (even though I disagree with the finish). The presentation was superb and the match delivered on it.

It was what a WM match should be really. All the hype and build resulting in a great match with heat and a grand presentation.

Agreed. Too bad about the rest of the 5 hours.

I will never understand the logic "guy that I want to win loses= bad ending" . None of the matches tonight had bad endings no matter how much you cry.

There was zero payoff to established storylines and nobody that connects with the crowd in any way won apart from Undertaker.

A.E Suggs

The most profitable part of WWE's business is its cable deal. The only people that can really hurt them are Neilsen households.

Well voting with my wallet still isn't gonna change anything because I watch smackdown now and I watch raw if sasha,new day,AJ or some other guys I like are on.

orioto

Good Art™
Going to sleep now, and still worried about Owens. Why didn't he tweet something after he show ?

Did someone actually saw him walking out of the ring ?

ngower

God awful. I've only been back into WWE for a couple of years, but they're losing me fast. They need a good RAW tomorrow night or I'm out until I hear some good news. Zack Ryder is the one that makes the least sense to me. Corbin, Reigns, Shaq, Tatanka...just what the hell...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ugh.

+ Good
- Bad
= Meh

= Ryback vs. Kalisto
= Total Divas vs. Bad and Blonde
+ Intercontinental 6 man Ladder Match
= Jericho vs. AJ
+ New Day's Entrance
= League of Nations vs. New Day
++ HBK, Stone Cold and Foley appearance
+ Ambrose vs. Lesnar
+ Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch
= Shane McMahon vs. Undertaker
= Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale
- Baron Corbin winning
-- Rock Segment
= Rock / Cena vs. Wyatt
= HHH vs. Reigns
------------------------------ Reigns retaining the title
He won the title and there was a big celebration!

Kuroyume

Banned

Yeah of course not. Def not the Flair interference we've seen every week the past month in the women's matches.

Yeah of course not. Def not the Flair interference we've seen every week the past month in the women's matches.

Charlotte is a heel. If she was going to win tonight, that was the way to do it. You can disagree with her winning (I do), but if they decided to keep the belt on her, they had the right finish.

SugarDave

Well, that was pretty shit. The women's title match was great and the best thing of the night overall, the last half of the Taker/Shane match was awesome for obvious reasons (being a fan of Shane helps too) and the spotfest ladder match was pretty entertaining.

I think Reigns is bad but neither do I have enough of a stake in WWE to bother booing him. However, that main event was absolutely fucking dire.

From his interviews, he isn't requesting anything. He shows up to work and does whatever he's told.
Of course you wouldn't be able to tell from his interviews which are in a controlled environment. I mean internally as in talent meetings and with agents and stuff like that.

Every year lol

Actually I was subbed since the network came out. But its clear it won't get better until Vince dies. And I don't watch enough old content to justify the 9.99 a month. I can just throw it into a Patreon/youshoot.

If I really want to see a random clip from yesteryear I can always load a youtube clip.

Trojan X

Banned
I think ALL the english commentators were awful. They all need to be replaced with Corey Graves, Tom Philips, and Mauro Ranallo. Corey and Mauro especially knows how to call matches, they know the moves, the know what is happening, the works! All the others (Jerry Lawler, JBL and Michael Cole) doesn't have a clue!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
God awful. I've only been back into WWE for a couple of years, but they're losing me fast. They need a good RAW tomorrow night or I'm out until I hear some good news. Zack Ryder is the one that makes the least sense to me. Corbin, Reigns, Shaq, Tatanka...just what the hell...

The good news is that Raw After Wrestlemania is almost always amazing. Even if it's largely because of the crowd.

The bad news is that Raw After Raw After Wrestlemania is almost always back to normal and terrible.

The thing I didn't get was bringing out The Rock to announce a fucking attendance record. Isn't that the kind of shit Howard Finkel used to do right at the beginning of the show? Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom