• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

orioto

Good Art™
I feel like so many wrestlers on the current roster came out of this event looking worse than they did going in.

The whole booking of that Wm was about negating the actual roster to show people old stars.

Actually, now that i think about it, Owens and Zayn are almost lucky cause i think the little they had (they had what, 2-3 minutes of actual wrestling in that match ?) made their feud finally something, and for everyone. Maybe the only thing that WM could build.

He apparently walked out on his own.

Ok, i hope, that's still a little weird.. Sure he's not dead or anything but in the same time i was thinking.. IF someone died like that in the middle of a match, of a 100,000 crowd, at the start of the show.. They certainly wouldn't communicate on it till after the show. Shit i realize now that would be a fucking curse story... Can you imagine, Steen taking Owens's name and dying live on tv... Ok i need to sleep.

I hope at least he's not injured for weeks or months. (And he's anger and fierce violence tomorrow night).

Heroman

Banned
Charlotte is a heel. If she was going to win tonight, that was the way to do it. You can disagree with her winning (I do), but if they decided to keep the belt on her, they had the right finish.

Just because she is a heel doesn't mean we need to see the same finish for 6 month straight.

I think ALL the english commentators were awful. They all need to be replaced with Corey Graves, Tom Philips, and Mauro Ranallo. Corey and Mauro especially knows how to call matches, they know the moves, the know what is happening, the works! All the others (Jerry Lawler, JBL and Michael Cole) doesn't have a clue!

And don't forget Byron Saxton! I mean I try to but still...

51% voted yes. Who the fuck are these people

One of them was me.
There were maybe two matches that weren't really good, but still interesting.

I mean, I didn't like Charlotte becoming the Women's Champion or Roman Reigns NOT turning heel (seriously, wtf?!), but the rest of this WrestleMania was pretty awesome.

Taker vs Shane is my match of the night.
New Day's entrance was hilarious as fuck. And the match was pretty awesome too.
HBK, Steve Austin and Foley RETURN TO THE RING?! How is that not awesome?
Jericho vs Styles was fucking awesome, man. Shame that Jericho won, but what the hell, the match was really good at least.
Also John Cena. I love that guy. Pretty sure if he fought any longer his arm would've come clean off, but MAN was it good to see him back.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Match was...yeah okay, that one was a bit stupid. Shaq joining the fight and getting thrown out two minutes into the match? Money well spent, WWE.
Fucking Corban winning? Why? Why not Mark Henry? Or Kane? That was stupid.

Aside from one and a half fuck-ups this Wrestlemania was really good in my opinion. Way better than any salty beings in this thread actually think it was.

Jabo

Well I'll be staring at this:

Jxr73SD.jpg

and this:

GekEcKr.gif

To feel better *shrug*

Beefy

One of them was me.

I mean, I didn't like Charlotte becoming the Women's Champion or Roman Reigns NOT turning heel (seriously, wtf?!), but the rest of this WrestleMania was pretty awesome.

New Day's entrance was hilarious as fuck.
Also John Cena. I love that guy. Pretty sure if he fought any longer his arm would've come clean off, but MAN was it good to see him back.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Match was...yeah okay, that one was a bit stupid. Fucking Corban winning? Why? Why not Mark Henry? Or Kane?

Aside from one and a half fuck-ups this Wrestlemania was really good in my opinion. Way better than any salty beings in this thread actually think it was.

People having a different opinion = salty now.

Barrage

I'm...just gonna step away fot a day.

I just stepped out of a room for 100 people who were throroughlt ebtertained for 3+ hours.

To see people pretend this was even comparable to some of the worst WMs..its embarassing.

You can know wrestling is fake and still be a mark.

Good night, folks.

gogosox82

Not a great wrestlemania. It was really sad the way HHH and Step turned themselves into supervillians to get Roman over only for it not to work. It was so bad, they muted the crowd and piped in cheers at the end. I mean, I do feel bad for Roman. Its not his fault Vince wants to push him. And there's not wrestler alive who wouldn't want that push. No one would it down, even if they weren't ready. But I think he's got that kind of heat that you can't really shake. At best, I think its going to be a mixed reaction from here on out unless they turn him heel and he gets a chance to become a character that isn't "that dude who used to be in the shield".

jeffram

yeah

Most people hating on this show loved the NXT show. We don't hate wrestling, we hate bad wrestling.

This is like saying to someone hating on Daikatana "wow you must really hate video games".
I signed up for wwe network today and watched wtestlemania x-7 in its entirety before this show. While today's show didn't hit the highs that show did, it was way more consistent with good in ring action. As someone who isn't planning on engaging with the product again, the finished really meant nothing to me, so maybe that's where the difference is. Previous manias tended to spend more time on big guys who couldn't work and gave little time to good workers in the first half of the card. Ladder match was great, Jericho match was great and booked like a main event, new day was really entertaining, woman's match was great and also booked like a main event, hell in a cell was a bit slow but built to that huge hell in a cell wtestlemania sized spot, only real dud was the main event.

jonjonaug

I will never understand the logic "guy that I want to win loses= bad ending" . None of the matches tonight had bad endings no matter how much you cry.

Really. REALLY?

Jericho goes over AJ Styles after kicking out of the Styles Clash, a finisher that should be protected to hell and back because it looks difficult and brutal, in what should have been the culmination of their months long feud.

League of Nations goes over New Day, because the prime moment to rocket them to the stars is better spent putting over two guys who have been around forever and can't get over, one guy who's probably leaving soon, and one cool up and comer. Then all of these people get beat down by three people who haven't wrestled in years, one of them in over a decade, and who won't be on Raw tomorrow.

Ambrose/Lesnar after hyper amounts of hype with buildup across both shows is a short stinker with some sticks and chairs. Ambrose loses after one F5, making his ironman claims look dumb as fuck.

A new women's championship belt is unveiled, the time of real women wrestlers is finally here! Except the match was decided by a very old man who looks drunk all the time.

Shane o' Mac/Undertaker was a slow as molasses match with one really cool spot. And that one really cool spot was basically just "oops, I missed". The ending itself was ok, I guess? Nothing special though, just a regular Taker match ending.

Rock buried the Wyatts in six seconds.

Trips/Roman ends the same way literally every fucking Roman match ends, with a result that ends with Wrestlemania's 100 (actually 85) thousand strong crowd booing the biggest wrestling event ever.

It was fucking awful.

Trojan X

Banned
Well I'll be staring at this:

and this:

GekEcKr.gif

To feel better *shrug*

The way Nakumura collapsed in silhouette and in time to the first violin string and his name appearing in the monitor was genius! Followed by the strobe lighting and his posture mad everything even more stunning. ... then when you see him run to the ring ropes and does his signature charismatic pose and the crowd flipping out in awe was too mUCH!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Really. REALLY?

Jericho goes over AJ Styles after kicking out of the Styles Clash, a finisher that should be protected to hell and back because it looks difficult and brutal, in what should have been the culmination of their months long feud.

League of Nations goes over New Day, because the prime moment to rocket them to the stars is better spent putting over two guys who have been around forever and can't get over, one guy who's probably leaving soon, and one cool up and comer. Then all of these people get beat down by three people who haven't wrestled in years, one of them in over a decade, and who won't be on Raw tomorrow.

Ambrose/Lesnar after hyper amounts of hype with buildup across both shows is a short stinker with some sticks and chairs. Ambrose loses after one F5, making his ironman claims look dumb as fuck.

A new women's championship belt is unveiled, the time of real women wrestlers is finally here! Except the match was decided by a very old man who looks drunk all the time.

Shane o' Mac/Undertaker was a slow as molasses match with one really cool spot. And that one really cool spot was basically just "oops, I missed". The ending itself was ok, I guess? Nothing special though, just a regular Taker match ending.

Rock buried the Wyatts in six seconds.

Trips/Roman ends the same way literally every fucking Roman match ends, with a result that ends with Wrestlemania's 100 (actually 85) thousand strong crowd booing the biggest wrestling event ever.

It was fucking awful.

The problem is that if you say "the match results don't make any storyline sense at wrestlemania" someone will always say you're a salty mark who doesn't like your favorite not winning. I mean, its pretty clear most people think Ambrose is a bad wrestler, but he was totally buried for no reason in this match and several other people were buried for reasons that escape me.

The Shane match was just a bad match period.

The Reigns match was just a bad match period.

The AJ match was paced weirdly because Jericho is slow and I've seen the match 3 times already.

Exis

This company is baffling- they make money on the weird addiction to wrestling not on giving their fans a compelling product. I "get" and oddly respect Cena, who is Roman for?

Kaiterra

Banned
The problem is that if you say "the match results don't make any storyline sense at wrestlemania" someone will always say you're a salty mark who doesn't like your favorite not winning. I mean, its pretty clear most people think Ambrose is a bad wrestler, but he was totally buried for no reason in this match.

The fact that people act like this is a bad thing to be ashamed of is a fucking joke, tbh.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is anyone going to defend the burial of the Wyatts? I wanna hear it. There has to be someone. It's the Internet after all.
Show yourself.

"Who the hell could possibly take the Wyatts seriously still?" would be my guess at the defense. Can you bury something that's already underground so long it's become fossilized? The Wyatts are the pushover heels that exist only to be beaten.

The worst thing for me is that the status quo has been maintained in every way.

They continued to undermine their current roster.

They are completely out of touch with their fans.

They had a good opportunity for a change in storyline direction and blew it.

I guess we see what happens tomorrow, but if it looks like another 6 months of the Authority I will be keeping tabs on it and not watching until something decent comes along. It's too much of a time investment every week/month.

I mean it was a fun show for what it was (nostalgia pops etc), but it was also pretty underwhelming in terms of interest going forward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Like Vince is going to put over any wrestler from Japan anytime soon. They'll be jobbing just like AJ. Haven't you guys learned by now?

But hes being paid big bucks, surely its not to job right?

Oh wait so is AJ :p

One of them was me.

New Day's entrance was hilarious as fuck. And the match was pretty awesome too.
Jericho vs Styles was fucking awesome, man. Shame that Jericho won, but what the hell, the match was really good at least.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Match was...yeah okay, that one was a bit stupid. Shaq joining the fight and getting thrown out two minutes into the match? Money well spent, WWE.
Fucking Corban winning? Why? Why not Mark Henry? Or Kane? That was stupid.

How many people stopped reading this up until this point?

Kaiterra

Banned
That's silly. HHH has always been a very good and underrated wrestler, and Reigns has spent the last year delivering in pretty much all of his big matches. It was slow, yes, but methodically so, and both HHH and Reigns told a good story through most of it.

So fucking what? People aren't dispassionate and judging the show in a vacuum, both of these performers have massive amounts of baggage that makes objectively enjoying their performances a feat for a lot of fans. They weren't buying the matchup before the match, so why would having the predictable story that they didn't want to see performed well make it work for those people?

Wagram

That was a pretty mediocre Wrestlemania to be honest. Not that it was surprising.

+ Intercontinental title match w/ Zack freaking Ryder winning. I'm an Owens mark, but Ryder deserves it and Owens can move on to brighter things.

+ Women's match. Disliked the outcome, but good action.

+ Surprise Corbin win in that battle royal.

+ Shane's jump.

- Everything else really. Boring HIAC, typical Roman win, wasted opportunity for a real Rock match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't understand how anyone liked the Taker v. Shane match it was utterly awful and the spot was lame and just made me worried about Shane getting hurt. That's not the reason you do a high spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom