• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Imagine giving so much to the business, including your streak, and having your last match end in boos because your boss' wonder boy just can't go over.

Oh and your streak was broken JUST so they could feed the wonder boy all the heat, but then they decided to give it to a dude who hasn't been with the company for over a decade and has wrestled less than 10 minutes altogether.

Undertaker has had a hard life.

He's a company man. He probably doesn't actually care about wins/losses as long as his matches are good.

iMax

::HHH in the ring, laughing at Rollins being unable to compete::

::CM Punk's music hits::

Obviously this isn't going to happen.

Obviously.

But if it did, can you imagine the crowd reaction? I don't think any pop in the industry would be more explosive than this one.

If—and when—Punk returns, I sincerely hope it's unannounced.

kiguel182

Okay, I took a nap and I'm ready for HOF. Let's stay up until 3 am!

(I'll fall asleep).

Also, that match order confirms some things I guess.

triple-h-vs-the-rock.jpg

Time to bring back a lost WM32 match.

orioto

Good Art™
What if the WWE doesn't want any of this part timers as champ, and Trip/Balor/Joe/Owens beat the crap of Lesnar and Oldberg and after some WM IX shenanigan Balor ends being the new champ.

But seriously i see everyone thinks Lesnar squashes Oldberg but i don't think so. I think he had a completly surreal, fantasy storyline for kids. Some sort of fairy tale, and that's really what they wanted. And you don't kill the hero at the end of a fairy tale. Not brutally at least.
What if Oldberg actually beats Lesnar, again.. Then loses the title in some way the night after. I could see them do that so much.

shoelacer

Banned
I think KO vs Jericho is gonna be my favorite, but I'm not gonna lie, a part of me is excited to see Roman beat Taker. Taker has to retire, but letting Roman put him to bed is such a whiff. I can't wait to see how Cole spins Roman walking off, getting showered in boos and miller lite.

On the other hand it would be nice if they followed up on his last promo and just pulled the trigger on him going full heel. I know it'll never happen but let me dream okay, jeez

Seth Rollins body is like breaking down. Dude is always getting injured. He's a hell of a talent who works a somewhat risky style by WWE standards so it's not all surprising.

Heroman

Banned
What if the WWE doesn't want any of this part timers as champ, and Trip/Balor/Joe/Owens beat the crap of Lesnar and Oldberg and after some WM IX shenanigan Balor ends being the new champ.

But seriously i see everyone thinks Lesnar squashes Oldberg but i don't think so. I think he had a completly surreal, fantasy storyline for kids. Some sort of fairy tale, and that's really what they wanted. And you don't kill the hero at the end of a fairy tale. Not brutally at least.
What if Oldberg actually beats Lesnar, again.. Then loses the title in some way the night after. I could see them do that so much.
The Goldberg feud isn't for kids , it for dudes in their 30s.

Caderfix

You kill the "hero" to make way to the actual main character. Believe. That.

cordy

Banned
This company is smarter than people give them credit for. If they have it close with Taker/Reigns everyone will wait for the end of the match because a good amount of people are expecting a heel turn.

And it won't happen.

Fans will then tune out of the product but what happens after they tune out? Nothing. The show's over. That's smart shit lmao.

Mahonay

Banned
This company is smarter than people give them credit for. If they have it close with Taker/Reigns everyone will wait for the end of the match because a good amount of people are expecting a heel turn.

And it won't happen.

Fans will then tune out of the product but what happens after they tune out? Nothing. The show's over. That's smart shit lmao.
I mean this is probably exactly why it's going last, besides giving Roman another unearned main event spotlight.

And it won't happen.

Their tv ratings/network subscriber numbers say otherwise.

Real talk, as much as I don't like old part-timers taking the spotlight from the current talent, I would mark the fuck out for one more HHH/Rock match. That shit was a staple of my childhood.

I would be marking out with you, this feud was my defining wrasslin' rivalry that got me into this carny product.

Can we get wrestling talk that isn't a bunch of Alvarez's wanking over cynical rumors and sarcastic ratings talk?

Like, people here actually like this stuff, right? You guys have fun with friends talking about this in real life, right?

wSevMsS.jpg

Never gets old
Not going to lie, I love this. Using it forever.

orioto

Good Art™
If it ends with Taker losing, it's not going to be about reigns celebrating. They have to end with that to close the show on 30 minutes of Taker slowly quitting the arena and refusing help like the eternal badass he is, you know it.

Remember when we're watching Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin for the Intercontinental Title that none of us saw the people involved in the Triple H vs The Rock feud for the Intercontinental Title would be the undisputed kings of their respective industries when they got old.

If it ends with Taker losing, it's not going to be about reigns celebrating. They has to end with that to close the show on 30 minutes of Taker slowly quitting the arena and refusing help like the eternal badass he is, you know it.
Yeah, people are being cynical, but it's either Taker's final long farewell, with us all crying, or Roman heeling it up in ways we've never seen to get that final emotional impact.

I'd be all for Demon Fin retiring the Undertaker or the guy to perma take Brock out. It's just so crazy to me that WWE is gonna have Roman do both. So far he's already broken the Royal Rumble record, been a 3x champion and headlined 3 Wrestlemania's in a row. It's no wonder why WWE can't build any other new stars. Why not let AJ retire Taker than have Fin take out Brock? It's hitting two birds with one stone with building 2 stars.

It's crazy to me how WWE can reward a guy that failed the wellness policy while getting everything handed to him.

ReiGun

Jericho interviewed Roman Reigns on Talk Is Jericho, can't wait to listen to that on the drive Sunday

It's really good episode. Reigns is a cool dude. I loved some of his stories about growing up with The Usos and their family.

Jericho's podcast is one of my favorites. He seems to understand how to conduct an interview, has a very natural rapport with his guests, and beyond a few moments, avoids making every conversation about himself or an ancedote about his life ala Stone Cold.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Prediction:

1) Reigns wins
2) Crowd boos like crazy
3) The Rock comes out to do the same thing he did after the Rumble win
4) Reigns turns on him and destroys him, completing the heel turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom