• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

This Mania was great up until the Seth/HHH match. Then it was good until the Smackdown women. Then it was just okay until that dull ass main event.

Much love and respect to Undertaker, but that match didn't do him or Reigns any favors.

yuraya

Not a great Mania imo. Only 3 good matches.

Shane vs AJ
RAW womens elimination title match
Brock vs Goldberg

And the Womens match was kind of short.

The Hardy's returning was cool too but that match was kind of forgettable.

jurgen

C8dJtI-UAAAxLup.jpg

I'll be blunt tonight made me a Roman Reigns fan because dude did what he could and is going to suffer badly for it...

And it's not fair.

I'm not going to say I'm a Roman fan, but I think the vast majority of his issues are on the bookers and writers. He had a monumental task in retiring Undertaker and frankly, I think he did the best he could with what they gave him.

bill0527

Can't believe you're gonna blame Roman for this.

It was probably Mark's idea and his idea who to give the rub to.

The match was awful but Roman had nothing to work with. Taker has been done for a couple of years now.

It was predictable boring wtestlemania. Shane vs AJ was great.

But a lot of the matches with big feuds like Orton vs Wyatt and Owens vs Jericho were terrible.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Start of Wrestlemania: Good matches, hype building, everyone viewing thinking Vince might have learned

Midway Point: Still decent a little slow down, crowd and viewers still entertained

End Point: Why did I believe!

Fans: can't get any worse than it is, since Wyatt vs Ortin
Vince + Writing Staff: Hold my beer

NightOnyx

Such a sad finish, I hate to see him go. I wish he got a better final match as well. Everything after the match was perfect though and it was great to see the crowd give him so much love.

As for the rest of mania, it was definitely way too long and the 2nd half was pretty bad. A pretty good first half, but the length and the poor matches toward the end was disappointing. I'm still looking forward to Raw and Smackdown though, they should be great! I want Finn to come back and Nakamura to debut!

Tagyhag

I would say that seeing Undertaker go, this new year at WWE could be something new and exciting, especially with all the new signings.

But then I remembered that Lesnar is still fucking here.

Oh well, Women's Tournament soon!

wbEMX

The lights going out at the end was pure symbolism for the entire company. Don't get me wrong, the final shot was fucking amazing and I clapped for Taker at the end. But the way his career ended, with losing to Reigns, without any god-damn build-up in advance killed it completely for me. Taker should've ended this after Lesnar.

As fas as I am concerned, I'm done with WrestleMania. That disappointment was one too much.

GunBR

The match was awful but Roman had nothing to work with. Taker has been done for a couple of years now.
Give the match to Roman was Vince idea
I'm 99,9% sure about that

Zabka

This was Batman vs Superman level of not expecting much but still being disappointed.

At least AJ kicked ass and looked beautiful doing it.

T.A.L

I won't lie. If reigns comes out in taker garb and starts doing the tombstone, I'm a fan.

Fuck it I'll do it on 2k17 lol

The match was awful but Roman had nothing to work with. Taker had been done for a couple of years now.

Taker doesn't choose who he faces at Wrestlemania. It was supposed to be Cena, which a lot of people wanted to see.

Taker was always going to lose his last match. Doesn't matter who it was against. You always as a professional wrestler lose your last match.

Vestal

Yeah, wrestling is about the fans getting exactly what they want all the time!

No its not that.. Its that you don't fucking end the show with something like that. If it indeed is Takers last match as it seems, then it should have been against someone who could not only benefit from the rub, but be able to carry him to a semi decent match.

Khrno

Fuck Reigns and all his push, matches and main events.

I thought my most hated wrestler ever was 90's Michaels, but this douchebag certainly takes his place.

I just want to say again how truly atrocious Randy was tonight. Bray absolutely carried the match and then loses to a stupid and tired "RKO out of nowhere." Considering Orton got absolutely no reaction pre- and post-match I'd like to think WWE learned a lesson but look who we're talking about here.

Hopefully they put the title back on Bray in the rematch and let him run with it for the summer.

Yes tonight, the way they keep pushing reigns with how terrible he is. It's a shame that they push him for little reason.

He absolutely was better. The only time reigns had been good was when he was in the shield.

Was better. Like years ago.

Roman's been better, mainly because he can move at a speed beyond neutral.

Was at Wrestlemania, the boos reigned down on Roman. During the undertaker leaving at the end, something caught on fire on the ramp. Not sure how much of the crowd caught that. Everyone in the crowd seemed worn out after the Hardys.

It's so amazing that one single dude can make me loath WWE so much! He's one dude! The rest of them are good to really great!

It just boggles my mind how much he wants Roman to be the person. I'm sure there are many precedents for guys who didn't earn their spots, but this shit has been going on for four years it feels like.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm watching HBK/Flair at WM24 now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom