• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Reigns so strong.

XrRxESL.gif

Main event. Of Wrestlemania.

:I

I won't lie. If reigns comes out in taker garb and starts doing the tombstone, I'm a fan.

Fuck it I'll do it on 2k17 lol
I was saying before the match it'd be cool if he had a sort of Van Helsing "supernatural slayer" vibe and getup and makes war with Finn, Bray etc. Fuck, just steal my idea if you haven't already thought of this Vince.

Not quite what I said. Don't you think its a problem when the #1 face gets booked over a legend and is disliked even more because of it? If they actually made Roman a heel this would have been great, but that not what happened.

WWE doesn't give two shits whether you like Roman or not, and frankly, he probably got the nod BECAUSE he's so hated. Smarks bitch and bitch about him then tune in religiously to see him get his ass beat.

I mean, it was pretty obvious that Roman was gonna win, but you tuned in anyway. Way to prove how much you hate him.

He's main evented three WMs in a row, and he's still not over or in any way a top star.
He's basically a fake top star WWE keep on propping up in defiance of reality.

It's incredible in a way how pigheaded they are being. Just pick someone else, there's millions more to choose from. You saw a guy with the attributes you like on paper, and thought he might be the guy, but in practice he was not, get over it already, good lord.

I agree, I can't stomach the way they push Roman, it's not gonna happen, just stop and let him slide down to the midcard where he belongs feuding with Big Show and Strowman and The Miz.

Tall4Life

Taker gave Roman basically nothing but the match was still really bad otherwise, I'll admit that. Roman was hit by only one tombstone, these Taker matches after the first HBK one at 25 have usually featured multiple finishers from both sides, this time it was just one tombstone from Taker and 4 spears from Roman. Really poorly built. If they wanted to go for a "squash" it should've been shorter and faster-paced with multiple consecutive spears.

Ithil

WWE doesn't give two shits whether you like Roman or not, and frankly, he probably got the nod BECAUSE he's so hated. Smarks bitch and bitch about him then tune in religiously to see him get his ass beat.

I mean, it was pretty obvious that Roman was gonna win, but you tuned in anyway. Way to prove how much you hate him.

Their shitty ratings say otherwise. Reigns is not Cena.

Match should have been a squash...

Have Taker hit a tombstone right off the bat... kickout... Reigns spear kick out, second spear kickout, Superman Punch third spear, kickout... Chair shots 4th spear 3 count.

Taker had no business getting in the offense he did and this made Reigns look weak

Welfare

Besides the Roman Reigns match (poor Taker) and the John Cena match (Miz should have won) this was a great Wrestlemania. Loved the Tag Team, SD Women, Styles, US Title and Universal Title matches. Everything else was either great or serviceable.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Look at this fake-ass shooting

C8dfmPyUIAIQiT2.jpg

Yeah I'm sure Roman feels reeeeeeeeeeeeeal bad he's getting pushed to the fucking moon

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's (slightly) Broken Matt and Team Xtreme Jeff, y'all.

I find it hard to believe anyone genuinely want this man as the top guy.

If anything, you've accepted that Vince will NEVER give up on Roman, so you try to convince yourself you're liking him organically.

Correct.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
You gus are gonna hate when tomorrow you see its the hardy boyz and not broken anything except for michael cole yelling it

Toki767

Look at this fake-ass shooting

C8dfmPyUIAIQiT2.jpg

Yeah I'm sure Roman feels reeeeeeeeeeeeeal bad he's getting pushed to the fucking moon

I can imagine him feeling bad that the match didn't go as smoothly as they would've liked.

Lots of botches all around in that match. By Reigns and Taker.

GunBR

He's main evented three WMs in a row, and he's still not over or in any way a top star.
He's basically a fake top star WWE keep on propping up in defiance of reality.

It's incredible in a way how pigheaded they are being. Just pick someone else, there's millions more to choose from. You saw a guy with the attributes you like on paper, and thought he might be the guy, but in practice he was not, get over it already, good lord.
Seth is over with the crowd
Balor is over
Dean is over
Zayn is (kinda) over

And all of them are faces
WWE could easily choose another guy to be the face of the company. But nope

Tall4Life

After Brock/Roman at WM31 I started to legitimately like Reigns, none of this just accepting his push BS. I did not like this match at all.

UberTag

You gus are gonna hate when tomorrow you see its the hardy boyz and not broken anything except for michael cole yelling it
This is what I expect. The Hardys reprising their old Vince gimmick while Cole tries to leech off the success they've gained outside of the company by parroting buzzwords.

ghostjoke

Banned
Really good show overall. First half really got me pumped for something that I was dreading. AJ/Shane in particular exceeded by expectations and then some and having the Hardys return was awesome - hopefully they keep DELETE. There wasn't anything too egregious in the second half except THAT (some things needs a bit of salvation though). While Wrestlemania will never be the same again, it's time. Thanks for the memories, Taker.

I looking at THAT with optimism. I can shave off the main event when they pull the trigger and not have to stay all the way up to 4AM anymore.

Also, a moment of silence for TNA trying to get trademarks.

SheHateMe

Even if the match sucked like this one just did, the image of WM ending with Taker's gloves and Kane's mask in the ring together would've been iconic.

I would've taken that.

They could've fought like Old Snake and Liquid Ocelot at the end of MGS4 and both of their bodies just give out.

I tuned in because I wanted to see the AJ/Shane match (which was good to great in my eyes) and got sucked into the rest.

Meh out of 10 for the whole event.

I don't watch WWE on TV or the pay per views. I just refresh during the major PPV threads from time to time. How do you guys watch 8 hours of wrassling????

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

That's why they tune in to see the Miz or Shane McMahon, or even John Cena every fourth month. Who has been watching this garbage for more than two shows and watches thinking Reings will lose?

Paracelsus

Reigns is so fucking shit he retroactively redeems Cena. Cry all day every day, it's true.

Roman can't cut a heel promo, nor a face promo.

Cena 2003-4 heel-then-tweener run was good tv programming even with him as a jobber. Cena has been cutting "NO U" heel promo for years, mostly because he overstayed his welcome, but back in the day he could cut good face promos.

Roman can barely work, Cena is one of the most diligent heavyweight workers in history, he doesn't be need to be carried into a 5 star match.

Roman is not strong, Cena is legit the strongest wrestler in the roster at the moment (with Henry) now that Kane and Big Show are retired. Even more amazing considering he's way stronger than Batista at his peak (and Batista could just barely work) and probably Undertaker too.

This is what Roman is

bf5drrz.jpgqwquj.png

He's so shamelessly fake that even in a phony tv drama he breaks suspension of disbelief to a level only something like Rey Mysterio burying Kane and JBL could reach. Who the fuck are these people buying his shit? The same people who forced us to have Orton in the main event for years? Why can't these people be banned from wrestling?

Ithil

I just feel bad for the guy. None of this is his fault

It's his fault that he has absolutely no charisma or mic skills. I don't blame his truly awful booking on him, but he has zero substance to him to overcome bad booking.

AJ has had some crappy booking too, and he overcame it.
AJ, too small, too old, too redneck, too TNA, he overcame all of that in WWE. Shit he wrestled a 50 year old non-wrestler who can't do strikes and had probably the best match of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom