• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
should have been a squash for Roman, the whole theme is who's yard is it etc

Roman should have come out swinging, laughing while pounding taker with a chair, grin on his face entire time enjoying it. Yelling at taker constantly now its his yard etc.

Piss off the crowd by yelling dumb shit "is this your undertaker, if this the best you have to offer"

Beat the livving shit out of him either for the pin, or until the ref stops the match because Taker can not protect himself any longer. Romans kicks him while he is down, huge heel heat.

Taker does same old same old what he just did, now you have Roman being a heel for an actual reason. Not this "hey lets create the HBK and Flair ending"

Ranking of matches:

AJ/Shane
AA/Neville
Tag Team Ladder Match
Raw Women's
Brock/Goldberg
Seth/HHH
SD Women's
Reigns/Taker
Bray/Orton
Corbin/Ambrose

Toki767

Reigns so strong.

XrRxESL.gif

AJ Styles reminds me of HBK. Making certain matches that people expect to be boring and lame only to end up being good. WWE is very lucky to have a guy like AJ Styles.

I just want to say again how truly atrocious Randy was tonight. Bray absolutely carried the match and then loses to a stupid and tired "RKO out of nowhere." Considering Orton got absolutely no reaction pre- and post-match I'd like to think WWE learned a lesson but look who we're talking about here.

Hopefully they put the title back on Bray in the rematch and let him run with it for the summer.

One can hope. I'm tired of Orton, too. He has no personality, but can actually wrestle somewhat most of the time. Tonight, though, he was bleh and the ending of the match was lame.

Tagyhag

Taker doesn't choose who he faces at Wrestlemania. It was supposed to be Cena, which a lot of people wanted to see.

Taker was always going to lose his last match. Doesn't matter who it was against. You always as a professional wrestler lose your last match.

Isn't Nikki retiring?

AJ Styles reminds me of HBK. Making certain matches that people expect to be boring and lame only to end up being good. WWE is very lucky to have a guy like AJ Styles.

I feel the same way. AJ vs Shane was a really honestly nice surprise.

He would have had a better match with Nak or Joe or whoever but they ended up knocking it out of the park. Props to Shane too.

Ithil

It's so amazing that one single dude can make me loath WWE so much! He's one dude! The rest of them are good to really great!

It just boggles my mind how much he wants Roman to be the person. I'm sure there are many precedents for guys who didn't earn their spots, but this shit has been going on for four years it feels like.

He's main evented three WMs in a row, and he's still not over or in any way a top star.
He's basically a fake top star WWE keep on propping up in defiance of reality.

It's incredible in a way how pigheaded they are being. Just pick someone else, there's millions more to choose from. You saw a guy with the attributes you like on paper, and thought he might be the guy, but in practice he was not, get over it already, good lord.

One can hope. I'm tired of Orton, too. He has no personality, but can actually wrestle somewhat most of the time. Tonight, though, he was bleh and the ending of the match was lame.

It was rushed. You can't blame Orton for that.

A few of the matches like raw women's and Orton vs Bray were rushed. Triple H the ego freak had to have his long match though.

Toki767

I honestly don't see how that botched tombstone reversal was really on Undertaker.

Reigns couldn't get his arms around Undertaker and when he did it was too late.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
And the best part about this shit is they're STILL going to try make Roman 'The Guy' for another year.

I can't believe that I'm actually surprised they didn't have anything even remotely interesting planned. I had hope for the WWE making a sensible decision. That's how obvious this was!

Yeah, wrestling is about the fans getting exactly what they want all the time!

Not quite what I said. Don't you think its a problem when the #1 face gets booked over a legend and is disliked even more because of it? If they actually made Roman a heel this would have been great, but that not what happened.

It's funny how this Mania before the Roman v Taker match was being talked like it was one of the best and now it's like, a 3 out of 10 or something.
Get a fucking grip. Despite the outcome of the last match, it was a very solid Mania. Don't shit on the whole thing just because you don't like one wrestler winning.

No its not that.. Its that you don't fucking end the show with something like that. If it indeed is Takers last match as it seems, then it should have been against someone who could not only benefit from the rub, but be able to carry him to a semi decent match.

Seems like whining to me.

People saying he should have gone out with the loss to Brock. If that happened all you'd hear is the bitching about the immortal Undertaker getting retired by a part timer.

The match wasn't the best, but Undertaker is 50+ and on his last legs. I hate to see the Taker go since I grew up with him but I always knew when he did it would be on his back. Taker knows and respects the business. It told the story it needed to tell - the changing of the guard from old to new. Reigns is a full time guy and despite how much smarks hate him the face of the company. He was the perfect guy to give the rub to.

In short, Dealwithit.gif

Well, WWE advertised WM as a thrill ride, and it was. All the excitement was at the beginning and the middle, then it was all downhill from there and we ended with the lowest point and disappointment.

J-Rzez

That last match was truly shit for so many reasons. It was the worst. Im not just saying Vince couldn't at least let him go on a win. And that it was to the most boring wrestler there. Or how out of shape the guy was. To watch the undertaker just getting beaten down like a dog for what felt like an hour. Don't care about the 15min outtro. Disgusting and repulsive. Vince knows no shame. Disrespect for the taker to push an agenda. Might as well have reigns rip Austin's trunks off next year and go to town on him in the middle of the ring.

Poor AJ as well. Damn. Glad the hardy boys are back, but man, painful.

Taker's dopeness has been draining ever since the Dive That Almost Killed Him™ against HBK at WM25.

He's been done for years.

Years.

I don't care what anyone says, his matches post-Taker/HBK 2 have been underwhelming as hell.

Ok so with that said, what do you do with Taker/Reigns? This should've been Reigns' coming out party. He should've been completely ruthless. An absolute dick. Especially at the end where Taker wouldn't stay down. Yes it takes 2 to tango in terms of having a great match, but they could've made it work with Reigns doing nearly everything. They missed a golden opportunity to make this thing work. Instead they do a bad typical Taker match that does nothing for Reigns, and Taker walks off into the sunset after a boring 20 minutes. What a waste.

6-7/10 show. Fell off in the 2nd half.

Takashi

I feel like such a mark that a small part of me during that match started to believe Roman was maybe turning heel.

Shame Taker had to go out trying to put over a guy who's booed all the time. Who books this shit?

It's funny how this Mania before the Roman v Taker match was being talked like it was one of the best and now it's like, a 3 out of 10 or something.
Get a fucking grip. Despite the outcome of the last match, it was a very solid Mania. Don't shit on the whole thing just because you don't like one wrestler winning.

The show fell off a cliff after the Hardy's tag match

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
So many crybabies here, damn. Dude went out the way he wanted, tons of respect for the undertaker, incredible career. The match was whatever but he put someone over who can actually use it (not Cena) and they gave him the last spot and a lenghty goodbye.

Show was alright! About as good as an 8 hour show can go, really! Some flat finishes, but every match had a story going, def better than last year.

Onto Roman vs Brock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom