• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
I missed the AJ match, so by entertainment factor, I'd say the best matches were...

1. Hardys tag
2. Women's fourway
3. Lesnar vs. Goldberg

I also liked...
-Jericho vs. Owens
-HHH vs. Rollins (mostly)
-Mixed tag for Miz's antics

I didn't like...
-Orton vs. Bray
-Taker vs. Reigns
-the length of some matches and entrances
-Cole and JBL eating up JR's airtime

I was indifferent towards:
-women's six pack challenge

Seth is over with the crowd
Balor is over
Dean is over
Zayn is (kinda) over

Nah man Seth was over the first night he came back from injury then they fucked it up by turning him heel again. Then he got hurt again and really couldn't build up the HHH feud. Plus his work in the ring took a step back after that knee injury. Dude's cursed.

Waterdrop

I dono if many here agree with me, But I think the breakout stars in WM weekend were the Authors of Pain.

Absolutely amazing progress from these two, insane heat, great matches, ring work has been solid, they look devastating.

Absolutely won me over again this week, awesome job guys!

Wagram

The first half of Wrestlemania was excellent. I was having a lot of fun up until about the middle of the mixed tag. It was at this point that the event went into typical WWE zombie style big PPV's. Long, drawn out, and boring.

Also fuck WWE for cutting the Raw and SDLive women's matches time tremendously. The Raw women's match was excellent for the time they had. Props to all of them. SDLive suffered big time. It was messy as hell.

It's his fault that he has absolutely no charisma or mic skills. I don't blame his truly awful booking on him, but he has zero substance to him to overcome bad booking.

AJ has had some crappy booking too, and he overcame it.
AJ, too small, too old, too redneck, too TNA, he overcame all of that in WWE.

His mic work was great during the build of this match.

It's his fault that he has absolutely no charisma or mic skills. I don't blame his truly awful booking on him, but he has zero substance to him to overcome bad booking.

AJ, too small, too old, too redneck, too TNA, he overcame all of that in WWE. Shit he wrestled a 50 year old non-wrestler who can't do strikes and had probably the best match of the night.

AJ was also known as being shithouse on the mic and really worked on it now os a great and believable promo.

kiguel182

First half of Mania was a solid 8. Second half was a 5. It was what I excepted.

Also, no issues with Roman winning. Taker should've gone a long time ago. The match was crap and I expected it to be due to Takers state. Sad ending for a fantastic career.

My biggest disappointment was Orton v Wyatt especially when they showed the cool effects they had.

AJ was awesome, the ladder match was great, same for the Raw women's match. Neville and Aries were cool and Owens vs Jericho wasn't great but it was nice.

HHH v Rollins was too long but it was solid if a little inconsistent.

Lesnar v Goldelberg was the best with what they had. Only issue I have is Lesnar being champion again.

Smackdown Women's match was rushed and had too many people but it was nice that Naomi got her Mania Momebt in her hometown.

cordy

Banned
I find it hard to believe anyone genuinely want this man as the top guy.

If anything, you've accepted that Vince will NEVER give up on Roman, so you try to convince yourself you're liking him organically.

That's what I think people do too.

What was that spot supposed to be? I can't even tell what the correct outcome would have been.

I'm guessing Reigns would Tombstone him and he'd kick out but I'm not sure.

Gurrry

Look at this fake-ass shooting

C8dfmPyUIAIQiT2.jpg

Yeah I'm sure Roman feels reeeeeeeeeeeeeal bad he's getting pushed to the fucking moon

This is the type of shit that fuels the hate.

Guy gets wins over everyone. But is treated like hes the biggest underdog on the planet.

Now he retires Taker and were supposed to feel empathy for him? Fuck off.

Ithil

Smarks don't drive ratings. Apparently Roman Reigns is the highest merch guy not named Cena.

So was Punk. So was Bryan. So was Ambrose. So were the darn New Day.

Second place means nothing in WWE. When someone hits first place will actually be something.
Think about it. They've megapushed this guy for three years while depushing everyone else and the best he can do is second place?

Paracelsus

Second place means nothing in WWE. When someone hits first place will actually be something.
Think about it. They've megapushed this guy for three years while depushing everyone else and the best he can do is second place?

Punk beat Cena in merch sales, for months.

tmac456

This is the type of shit that fuels the hate.

Guy gets wins over everyone. But is treated like hes the biggest underdog on the planet.

Now he retires Taker and were supposed to feel empathy for him? Fuck off.

Or he's disappointed how the match went? Or kinda in the moment that he essentially retired an all-time great?

The irrational Reigns hate on here has gotten way beyond old

All 3 of the guys you mentioned became champs. Not getting your point.

GunBR

We're only hours away from building up hope that things will get good again on the Raw after Mania!
I just expect that they make Goldberg vs Lesnar rematch tomorrow so we can move on
The same thing about Orton vs Bray

And let Sasha turn against Bayley

Reigns was trying to pick him up there, right? Looked more silly the second time.

I didn't like a few of the outcomes, but not bad for my first WrestleMania. I'll give it a random 6/10.

Xerotwo

Look at this fake-ass shooting

C8dfmPyUIAIQiT2.jpg

Yeah I'm sure Roman feels reeeeeeeeeeeeeal bad he's getting pushed to the fucking moon

It's like he was threatened by Vince.

Vince- "I'll give you a one hell of a match, but on one condition. End Taker."

Roman- "But the crowd will hate me for eternity!"

Vince- "I DON'T care, take it or be a mid-carder!"

The guy has been pushed to the moon for years, and a distant 2nd in merch is supposed to be some kind of argument to his overness. Guys with a fraction of his push have been second to Cena in merch sales

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Oh shut the fuck up marks, Cole himself made a #Broken reference when they showed up

And we also have this

https://youtu.be/UVz71YzHvw0

Yeah that means hes Matt Hardy with added catchphrases.

When he was doing the broken gimmick he was doing it 100% of the time he was in public.

So yeah, hell act like himself and yell DELETE a bunch, but thats not the character

T.A.L

I think the difference in skill is not the fact that Roman couldn't deadlift taker in that botch, it was that he didn't improvise something like a better guy would. Shit a reverse ddt, a dragon sleeper, anything would of been better.

Gurrry

Or he's disappointed how the match went? Or kinda in the moment that he essentially retired an all-time great?

The irrational Reigns hate on here has gotten way beyond old

I seriously doubt hes back stage pouting because the match wasnt 5 stars.

And you can call it irrational all you want, but the way they push him makes it impossible for me to like him.

orioto

Good Art™
Yeah that means hes Matt Hardy with added catchphrases.

When he was doing the broken gimmick he was doing it 100% of the time he was in public.

So yeah, hell act like himself and yell DELETE a bunch, but thats not the character

Maybe they need to introduce the change first. I always thought it would be super weird to see them acting crazy from the start.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Fucking body language experts. God forbid the fucker is exhausted after a giant wrestling match, nope, there must be some ulterior motive.

You guys should listen to his interview with Y2J where he says he gives zero fucks if you boo him or not

Ithil

I think the difference in skill is not the fact that Roman couldn't deadlift taker in that botch, it was that he didn't improvise something like a better guy would. Shit a reverse ddt, a dragon sleeper, anything would of been better.

You're right, he defaulted to a super manpunch, imagine that.

Lothars

I agree, I can't stomach the way they push Roman, it's not gonna happen, just stop and let him slide down to the midcard where he belongs feuding with Big Show and Strowman and The Miz.
Agreed, it's just blah.

AJ, too small, too old, too redneck, too TNA, he overcame all of that in WWE. Shit he wrestled a 50 year old non-wrestler who can't do strikes and had probably the best match of the night.
Exactly, Reigns being terrible is mostly his own fault. The booking didn't help but he has had consistently bad matches with huge pushes for years now and it's dissapointing becuase chances are he will never get better and he will be headling next years wrestlemania against brock. So yes another boring as hell main event. I would have loved an AJ vs Undertaker match or almost anyone else vs the undertaker. Instead we got Reigns shitting it up. At least the send off at the end for the undertaker was well done.

I even enjoyed the Brock Goldberg match more and that was literally the same 4 moves all match and I think Brock is bad since he came back to wrestling.

None of them replaced Cena as the top guy in the company, nor did WWE ever push them to replace Cena. They want Reigns to do just that. The numbers don't justify him.
They will keep pushing him to replace Cena but it will never happen. Reigns just is never going to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom