• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid card belt mean nothing in the WWE.Dude is a AJ stlyes tier wreslter.

Yeah, but if you can't really entertain on the mic, have the look that Vince wants and sell tons of merch these days you aren't going to get very far. There's a lot of talent in the WWE, but they aren't being utilized properly. They're paying Naks big money, so they at least have some long-term plans for him.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Don't send AJ to Raw, please

He makes Smackdown every week watchable
Gonna get buried in that bullshit 3 hour show

Unless you give him "The Club" stable and get Balor involved, then I'll be OK with that

Can we please get a few stables going, my word
I'll take HHH corporation vs AJ Club new blood 6 month stable-a-thon

jurgen

Nak is going to bomb on the main roster.

I don't see him bombing. Underperforming? Yeah a bit. I don't think his charisma will translate completely to the main roster.

He could end up in good programs with several performers though. That would get him over more than any promos or video packages.

One of my moments of the night.

qCRiPGh.gif

She's light years ahead of all the other women on the roster other than Alexa Bliss's facial expressions.

Smackdown is wiping the floor with Raw on an almost weekly basis. With AJ as the best thing going right now you're damn right they're going to force him over to Raw.

The main event picture on each brand needs a shakeup. I'd also would love AJ to be on RAW so he can feud with Finn.

I'd probably send a guy like Sami Zayn to SD to get some time there. He can be in their main event picture.

I really don't want to see AJ jobbing to reigns again.

I feel really bad for Finn..Poor guy has to somehow fit in on RAW where Lesnar is champion, Reigns just defeated the Undertaker at mania, and Steph hates baby faces.

I think Nak on the main rosters problems will be bein on TV every week. Most people are just used to Nakamuras big matches as spectacles. Having him on TV doing whatever matches 52 times a year wont be great.

I feel really bad for Finn..Poor guy has to somehow fit in on RAW where Lesnar is champion, Reigns just defeated the Undertaker at mania, and Steph hates baby faces.

I like Finn a lot, but him facing Lesnar is the most unbelievable thing ever. Unfortunately when he comes back I think they're going to throw him into the title picture.

jurgen

Considering Reigns is still a babyface, just bring Finn back and do the Bullet Club angle with Anderson and Gallows. He's a great heel. He'll fit in well as the top heel that isn't working under Triple H.

This is kinda of sad

This is also Wrestlemania we're talking about. It's likely not going to be the best. Just the biggest.

One moment could have saved Orton/Wyatt

Bray goes for Sister Abigail and viper's end projected which freaks him out bam RKO.

The carny weird shit was the best part of that match... if Orton needed to win, if it needed to be an RKO outa nowhere that was the way to do it... it would have made all the weird shit mean something.

I like Finn a lot, but him facing Lesnar is the most unbelievable thing ever. Unfortunately when he comes back I think they're going to throw him into the title picture.

This is the same thing I feel. Yes Finn is one of my favorites but him challenging Lesnar just isn't believable..Hell I hate Roman and when Finn beat Roman clean as fuck last year it wasn't very believable. Finn just imo doesn't fit in on the main roster.

Considering Reigns is still a babyface, just bring Finn back and do the Bullet Club angle with Anderson and Gallows. He's a great heel. He'll fit in well as the top heel that isn't working under Triple H.

This could actually work. Heel Bullet Club Balor taking out Lesnar with the help of the club...

jurgen

This is the same thing I feel. Yes Finn is one of my favorites but him challenging Lesnar just isn't believable..Hell I hate Roman and when Finn beat Roman clean as fuck last year it wasn't very believable. Finn just imo doesn't fit in on the main roster.

Finn beating Roman last summer was also the last time Roman lost clean to anyone.

That's the problem in a microcosm.

jurgen

What did Bray do to deserve such booking?

What has Orton done lately to deserve such booking?

I think they're wanting to push Randy on SD for a little bit while Cena takes a break. Orton and AJ are the next biggest draws to Cena for SD but they're still a ways off.

Ithil

In the end, AJ was not done dirty by this WM as badly as it seemed on paper. He should have been main eventing in a title match, without a doubt, but he had a good match with Shane and avoided the loss people were fearing.

The ones who were truly done dirty at this WM were Miz and Braun.

Brinbe

Show was actually better than I thought. Only two matches that really dragged was Wyatt-Boreton and Reigns-Taker. And that's because those matches involved guys who are shit workers merely elevated by a decent ability to sell merch.

Everything else was good to decent and that Hardy return was easily the highlight.

And if there's anything that last year's WM taught us, it's that the results from this night mean jackshit outside of tonight.

Anyway, hoping Raw/SD after Mania are decent (at least the crowds will be, anyway).

It was great but the belt wasn't needed imo

Yeah I agree... in a better card order Jericho/Owens is the Main event title for title... Taker/Reigns is a mid card squash... Wyatt wins...

This was a pretty great show and with a few tweaks it could have been a classic.

But ah well I live in what they give not what they should have.

And Lesnar as Champ is just fun, his last reign was bloody great.

Hex

Banned
I dono if many here agree with me, But I think the breakout stars in WM weekend were the Authors of Pain.

Absolutely amazing progress from these two, insane heat, great matches, ring work has been solid, they look devastating.

Absolutely won me over again this week, awesome job guys!

To a point, but I think they booked them TOO strong.
You end up backing yourself into a corner, because eventually they have to lose.
Brock is like that, Goldberg was created that way, even Braun.
Braun now is a beast, but Kane and Taker beat all 4 of the Wyatts.
Brock owned Braun with tiger knees. Now he is a monster again.
I think they do not know where the line is.

JTripper

Rollins/HHH was my favorite match of the night. Great storytelling. Rollins continuously proving he's one of, if not the best, current all-around performer on the roster. Wonder what's next for HHH though.

Favorite moments though were The Hardy Boyz
and Charlotte's entrance.

Rimfya

Banned
I think they're wanting to push Randy on SD for a little bit while Cena takes a break. Orton and AJ are the next biggest draws to Cena for SD but they're still a ways off.

It's amazing how they managed to make Cena's 16th and Orton's 13th title wins feel meaningless. It's no surprise the Universal Title has no reverence but even the main belt just gets thrown around now.

Finn beating Roman last summer was also the last time Roman lost clean to anyone.

That's the problem in a microcosm.

Finn just came in at the right time lol. Roman was still in the dog house for taking drugs and Vince wanted to send a message. Finn had just came out of NXT as the longest reigning champion and a really hot feud plus his gimmick is very marketable to they threw him right into the main event and gave him the title within a month..I really wonder how WWE would have turned out had Finn got to actually have a reign. Would they have let Goldberg destroy him at the RR?

In the end, AJ was not done dirty by this WM as badly as it seemed on paper. He should have been main eventing in a title match, without a doubt, but he had a good match with Shane and avoided the loss people were fearing.

The ones who were truly done dirty at this WM were Miz and Braun.

Dude Miz got to physically dominate John Cena for 80% of the match... given that it was never going to be about him in the end he shined like a star tonight.

Braun yeah got fucked along with Zayn

Show was actually better than I thought. Only two matches that really dragged was Wyatt-Boreton and Reigns-Taker. And that's because those matches involved guys who are shit workers merely elevated by a decent ability to sell merch.

Everything else was good to decent and that Hardy return was easily the highlight.

And if there's anything that last year's WM taught us, it's that the results from this night mean jackshit outside of tonight.

Anyway, hoping Raw/SD after Mania are decent (at least the crowds will be, anyway).

Taker (now)/Orton are the shit workers yes?

Because Reigns for everything you can say about him out of the ring is nowhere near a shit worker.

And Wyatt is also not a shit worker

ReiGun

Dude Miz got to physically dominate John Cena for 80% of the match... given that it was never going to be about him in the end he shined like a star tonight.

Braun yeah got fucked along with Zayn

I'm impressed by just how much offense Miz got in. Had John Cena playing the "babyface in peril role" in a match where his partner was Nikki Bella.

Confirms my belief that this feud happened because WWE trusts Miz and really does want to do more with him. Hopefully he gets another title run out of this.

Bronx-Man

Banned
God I can't wait for 2018.

"So Mr Kenny Omega.......you call yourself the Cleaner......but I think someone needs to clean out your mouth!"

*super manpunch*

Brinbe

Taker (now)/Orton are the shit workers yes?

Because Reigns for everything you can say about him out of the ring is nowhere near a shit worker.

And Wyatt is also not a shit worker

Yes? Reigns is a boring ass two-move motherfucker. I actually wouldn't give a shit about his booking if he were interesting to watch but he's dull as fucking hell. It's ludicrous that they make the ace of their company someone so limited. Compare him to someone like an Okada that CAN go and carry anyone and wrestle a variety of styles. Even someone like Cena was versatile and interesting depending on the opponent. Reigns sucks, period. And people continually defending his lazy, shitty wrestling is irritating.

Wyatt is overrated as fuck on here too. He's over because of his entrance, the rest is garbage. His matches are almost always boring because for all the pomp and circumstance, he's still Husky Harris.

And Reigns continually getting booked the way he is the most prime and hilarious example of what a fucking carny ass company the WWE is despite being publically-traded/beholden to actual stockholders. How do you put your dollars/trust in a senile old fart that actively doesn't listen to their audience? This would be laughable in any other industry.

Yes, we know this car/computer/phone we've sold you is unappealing, but it's actually awesome and you should buy into it because we tell you to!

Ithil

And yet Miz made the most of it... again stacked card somethings weren't going to get a ton of time... Miz had an entire crowd treating him like Daniel Bryan when he was doing Bryan's kicks... It was awesome.

That's why I said he was done dirty. He tried so hard and in the end he was just fodder in a nothing match so they could have their phony reality show scene.
And Cena and Nikki Bella are gone after WM too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom