• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only presenting that as correlation for bad booking. Not causation.

God yes. She's light years ahead of every other female on the main roster.

Right but you brought it up, he's not winning more than Cena was at peak LOL Cena and he's certainly no where near Austin levels...

Khrno

I understand that. But when Cena lost, he would actually lose clean sometimes. Even though he'd probably bounce back and squash in the rematch, a clean loss is at least an option at times.

I hate Reigns, but the dude lost clean to Balor last year, just pointing that out.

Roman lost his momentum when Punk blasted him. That's when his heat started and WWE has done nothing but make it worse with in your face down your throat booking.

He could have rebounded if he had the skill but he doesn't. Turning hell isn't going go magically make him better, it's just going to give his character some damn personality.

Roman lost his momentum when Punk blasted him. That's when his heat started and WWE has done nothing but make it worse with in your face down your throat booking.

He could have rebounded if he had the skill but he doesn't. Turning hell isn't going go magically make him better, it's just going to give his character some damn personality.

So it'll make him better

ezekial45

Banned
C8divPAXkAErBBE.jpg

They can say what they want but, thats a heel.

Fucking A. He looked spectacularly heel-ish during that final walk out.

cordy

Banned
Yeah, I was just coming in to give my thoughts but why even bother. And if I never see someone bring merchandise sales as a topic of discussion I'll be as happy as can be.

Well, Charlotte was great(as always), so that was something.

chargoddess.gif

How is she this damn good?

She's the best woman on Raw right now, by far in character, in-ring skills, she's turning into the AJ Styles of women at an alarming rate.

jurgen

How is she this damn good?

She's the best woman on Raw right now, by far in character, in-ring skills, she's turning into the AJ Styles of women at an alarming rate.

She and Asuka are going to put on some fucking great shows this summer.

Hell, I'd love to see her vs Io Shirai in the women's tournament.

I hate Reigns, but the dude lost clean to Balor last year, just pointing that out.

On the heels of Reigns having a wellness policy violation

Punk didn't blast Reigns, he blasted the WWE's ridiculous booking of Reigns

Syder

Punk gets too much credit. Roman was only ever over as a part of the most overrated faction in history. People wanted him to win the '14 Rumble because they didn't want Batista and since then he's had a couple of slight upticks in popularity like when had that match with Big Show and he was feuding with Sheamus & Vince. That's 3 YEARS of being rejected as Vince's Chosen One.

and guess what, no one sensible hates Roman the person (I'd totally have a beer with Roman Reigns) or thinks he's an awful wrestler, people are just sick of having an awful character shoved down their throats when it's blatantly obvious to anyone that he should have a heel run.

cordy

Banned
She and Asuka are going to put on some fucking great shows this summer.

Hell, I'd love to see her vs Io Shirai in the women's tournament.

Definitely. She's not normal. The other women need to step it up because Charlotte just keeps getting better and better.

Syder

Definitely. She's not normal. The other women need to step it up because Charlotte just keeps getting better and better.
Charlotte, Asuka & Becky are the only women in the company that come close to the standards of their male counterparts in-ring, and Charlotte is great on the mic, so she's just the fucking Queen.

So here's a question, what the hell do you do with The New Day now? I can't imagine them feuding with the Hardys but after they teased themselves being the fourth team tonight I really think it's getting to the point where they need to get back in the thick of it.

Syder

So here's a question, what the hell do you do with The New Day now? I can't imagine them feuding with the Hardys but after they teased themselves being the fourth team tonight I really think it's getting to the point where they need to get back in the thick of it.
RAW General Managers

Toki767

They're going to Smackdown.

jurgen

Charlotte, Asuka & Becky are the only women in the company that come close to the standards of their male counterparts in-ring, and Charlotte is great on the mic, so she's just the fucking Queen.

The only woman that I would mention in there as well is Alexa. She's not as good in the ring but I'd put her at the top of the list on the mic and in-ring character work.

Can we all just agree that Security Lady™ that doesn't allow anything to happen on her watch - even planned things, is a true superstar.

Dusty interference finish from the crowd? I DON'T THINK SO! *pounce*

Give her the Warrior award next year.
Does she have a (hopefully tragic) story WWE can exploit for PR reasons?

Roman was getting it months before that pod cast, all it did was solidify a meme and add fuel to an already existent fire.

This is false.

This is the same thing I feel. Yes Finn is one of my favorites but him challenging Lesnar just isn't believable..Hell I hate Roman and when Finn beat Roman clean as fuck last year it wasn't very believable. Finn just imo doesn't fit in on the main roster.

Well come to think of it, Nakamura did face off against Brock Lesnar and it was a decent match. So maybe it could work.

J-Rzez

CM Punk is not the reason reigns is hated. He uses the same limited skill set which includes two of the lamest finishers around, and no mic skills. Then mix in that he is pushed, gets too many W's, etc. A dash of "his look". Then there's the reason.

Can't wait for next wrestlemania. Just in case you didn't get enough spears and suplexes from Brock and Goldberg, you're going to get more of that, with a random punch or something from Brock v Reigns.

Anyways. Hardy's rocked. Their music made me smile. AJ is carrying this company, and Shane is meh. Charlotte is amazing. Balor being back and Shinsuke is hopefully showing up (to face AJ).

I watched live up until the proposal. That match aside (apart from Miz, who was great) the Mania exceeded expectations. Then I went to bed and caught up this morning.

The crowd seemed dead from Seth/HHH (a boring as hell match) onward. Bray's projections were the very worst kind of Wrestlecrap, and Orton shouldn't have won. Brock has a championship again just so Reigns can take it next year. And the Reigns/Taker match was garbage, because Taker is a broken old man and Reigns has two moves and little charisma.

That Hardyz pop though.

fhqwhgads

If i remember correctly Roman hasn't lost clean since August against Balor. And it was a good match too! WWE doesn't seem to believe you can look good losing.

Cairnsay

Banned
SO are they gonna roll with the broken matt hardy stuff or does TNA own that?

WWE's twitter put up a brief segment with them following the match. Jeff did a lot of the talking, but when Matt did speak it sounded far more like his normal voice than his crazy Broken Matt accent. That being said he did throw in a 'DELIGHTFUL' so who knows. They're probably playing it safe till they get the all clear from legal.

pbayne

I really like Orton but fuck me Wyatt can't catch a break. Awesome gimmick/ entrance but you just get the sense they have no real confidence in him or have no idea how to write for his character long-term. Constantly comparing him to Taker is laughable.

WWE's twitter put up a brief segment with them following the match. Jeff did a lot of the talking, but when Matt did speak it sounded far more like his normal voice than his crazy Broken Matt accent. That being said he did throw in a 'DELIGHTFUL' so who knows. They're probably playing it safe till they get the all clear from legal.

It would suck if it turned into just a Dudleys like nostalgia run. Lol the weird thing is if that happened is that WWE would probably go back to pushing Jeff as the more popular one, when Matt has been on fire with the broken stuff.

Btw doing a quick bit of research but I think Lesnar beating Goldberg was actually the first time literally in Goldberg's TV career that he lost clean in a one on one match...

First time in 20 years!

So, I guess it's still 2007 where John Cena is a terrible wrestler because he's being carried by Shawn Michaels and Edge. I'll see you in 2027 when people finally realize Roman is great.

The Cena of old is completely different than the one that had classics with Bryan and Styles. He improved a lot since his early days. Not just in terms of ring work, but also storytelling.

Don't get me wrong, Cena was an ok worker back then, but nowhere near great. Hopefully I can say the same about Roman one day.

Somewhere in the middle of this event, from the Raw women's championship to the inter gender tag match, was a good Wrestlemania. The rest was largely forgettable.

fhqwhgads

Wrasslegaf is super predictable. If you were expecting a 4 star match with Taker going over then you're flat out delusional. You have to keep in mind the reality of the situation and base it on what happened.

For as lackluster the match was, it's too sad to get angry about. Just one big reminder that Taker is old. Roman did what he could. Sad situation. Nice to see JR again though. Whether this finally leads into heel Roman or if they decide to stubbornly keep him face is another story but we'll wait and see.

The way I see the whole night is:

Best:
AJ/Shane

Better than expected:
Crusierweights
Jericho/Owens
Ladder Match

Did what it needed:
ARMBAR
HHH/Seth
Goldberg/Lesnar
Smackdown Women
Taker/Roman

Disappointing:
Ambrose/Corbin
Raw Women
Bray/Orton

Worst:
Mixed Tag

Random Thoughts:
Harper and Sami deserved better
No Joe or Finn is weird but I guess they need something for the Raw after
I'm guessing some New Day segments got cut for time
Mojo is gonna be a big upper mid carder and you can't do anything about it

Strax

While I didn't care for the last match because the logic behind everything was broken I thought the show flowed shockingly well. I enjoyed Wrestlemania 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom